Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Hmmm, ๐Ÿค” I just don't know. If not the bodily stress from the retrieval, then, perhaps, you are correct- your body is a bit slow returning to it's reproductive homeostasis after using the fertility meds. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
    Incidentally, I will need you and @Mrs.Panda around to look at my HPT when I [finally] take another! ... I NEVER see a line on mine. (I think I have "anti-line eye," or maybe I'm just unlucky. ๐Ÿ™„) In any case, I will need you both to scrutinize my tests. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿคฃ

2. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@fuzzypeaches: lol, I donโ€™t blame you, Iโ€™m sure there is nothing

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: happily!

4. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Kaohinani: it's my specialty! lol

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: @Mrs.Panda: Thank you, ladies!

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So, I have had a couple bouts of "metallic mouth" in the last 24 hours (last night before bed and for the last 3 hours). I do know that this "can" be a pregnancy symptom (* I had it with my son) BUT it can also be a sign of low B6, high iron, or soaring E2 during a cycle. I'm 8 dpo so, it [potentially] could be a corpus luteum dip in which E2 gets a 2nd wind (* Note, I haven't been tracking BBT this cycle so I'm clueless). I am not suggesting I am pregnant (yet) since I had it in my Clomid cycles and with Follistim after Ovidrel .... all BFN. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ
    In any case, I have been trying acidic foods to neutralize the taste (vinegar, citrus, etc), as well as, good ol' gum. Have ANY of you spectacular ladies had this phenomenon before AND how did you rid your mouth of the horrid "sucking copper" taste?!?! ๐Ÿคฎ

7. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: I had this for the first 6 weeks of my pregnancy, and it was awful. It made everything I ate taste so bad. Honestly I never found a way to rid my mouth of it. Thankfully it went away a few weeks ago. I hope yours passes soon, and I hope it means a BFP is in your future!

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Thank you for responding (and for your honesty that it may not go away. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚). I JUST brushed my teeth (4th time already today) and I feel as though I will be taking the enamel off my teeth at this rate! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ I sure hope it is a "for real" symptom this time around.

As for you - I haven't been keeping up with the Mama's boards as I should BUT, I know you were blessed with TWINS! ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ (SOOOOOOOO EXCITING!!! ๐Ÿ˜) Double the congratulations and know I miss you here but I'm glad you are on the Mama's boards! Please, keep Sam's Mom sane on the other side for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: when will you test?! I keep checking in to see ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

10. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Kaohinani: maybe you can try that Biotene mouthwash for dry mouth? It may help with the taste ๐Ÿ˜

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Just got out from instructing and have to rush back home, so I'll respond quickly:

@fuzzypeaches: Honestly, IDK when I will commit to test again -- I keep waiting for some big "sign." I'm only 8 dpo so, maybe, (huge maybe here) on Sunday at 10 dpo? Otherwise, I may wait it out a bit. Cramps come and go, the CF isn't as prevalent as it was, I only have mild "metal mouth ...." ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I feel pretty darn normal.

@Mrs.Panda: Fantastic idea! I have some for when my Sjogren's is really bad. I will try it after supper. Thank you!

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Update - Biotene followed by Lemon Propel and sour heads or lemon war heads (both which are absolutely not keto and I should look into sugar free sours) help with mild "metallic mouth" for anyone wondering! I don't even notice it ATM!!! (Thank you for the suggestion @Mrs.Panda!) Tomorrow, I'll be getting more vit B (full spectrum) supplements to see if that (or iron, or zinc) is the issue.

13. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Kaohinani: glad it worked for you! ๐Ÿ˜Š

BFN at 9 DPO. Iโ€™m trying not to get discouraged because I know itโ€™s early, but I found out at least a squinter on all my other pregnancies at either 8 or 9 DPO. Iโ€™ll try again tomorrow!

14. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Fingers crossed for you!! 9 dpo is still early!

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: glad you figured out a solution!

Af finally came late last night, 5 days late, but now I think I can skip bcp before my transfer, so it works out

16. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you! The little babes are doing great! I got to see them wiggling around yesterday! Itโ€™s definitely fun being on the Mama boards with Samโ€™s Mom!

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Awe, don't get discouraged, hun! I do know it is hard not to though -- You already know that different pregnancies can implant on different days and have varying HCG doubling rates so, at 9 dpo, you are definitely not out. 9 dpo is the most prominent implantation day [statistically] so you are uber-early. Keeping my F'x! ๐Ÿคž

@LAZB: Thanks. That is great news (* it always feels so odd to cheer someone on for getting AF rather than a BFP. ๐Ÿ˜‚)! So exciting that your cycle is [naturally] on-track for your transfer. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

@Jessiemuller88: That must have been amazing to see them both! Do you know what you are having or are you waiting to find out? Have you begun thinking of names? (DH and I already have it narrowed down to 2 girls and 2 boys names and I haven't even gotten my BFP! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ)

@Paranundrum: I hope you are enjoying the start of your vacation!

18. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: itโ€™s a girl and a boy! We agreed on a girlโ€™s name last night: Evelyn โ€œEvieโ€ Mae, and we are leaning towards Benjamin โ€œBenโ€ for the boy!

My DS is William Nathaniel โ€œNateโ€. We really like short nicknames!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Awwwwwe! (* sound of my heart melting !) A boy and a girl!!! (That is perfect. ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ’•) I love your classic name choices as well!

20. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you!

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Benjamin "Ben" and Jonathon "Jon" is our top 2, apparently I have a thing for short nicknames since I'm married to one and our son is one.

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I know you weren't writing to me but, very cute! When is your 1st appointment again? Wasn't it like the 20th or 26th? I can't wait for an update!

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: appointment is the 26th and it feels like it's forever and a day away ๐Ÿ˜ญ!

I literally have a countdown on my phone until 9:45 (when I leave work to walk across the street for my ultrasound) on the 26th.

24. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: It has been nice, but I haven't had the time to rest yet. We had a tiny family reunion today and saw a side of my family we rarely meet.
    I'm back home now and settling down in front of the TV with a bowl of ice cream.

@Jessiemuller88: I love the name! A perfect blend of "super cute" and "not weird for a lawyer".

25. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: same here! DH has one too! Well good thing is, we donโ€™t know each other in the โ€œreal worldโ€, so we can both use Ben! I love Jon too, so much, but itโ€™s one of our best friendโ€™s sonโ€™s names.

@paranundrum: hahaha thank you! Your concert looked amazing, btw!

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Sorry, it took me a bit to reply. Went on-post and dragged the kids to the Exchange, the barber shop (G was looking shaggy), and then to the Commissary for a few items. Responding now - Geez, that must be torture ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜– to work so close to your OBGYN and to have your appt so far off! I would being going mad ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคช as well! I love that you actually have a timer set. In any case, I can't wait for your update ๐Ÿ˜ after your appt [on the 26th ๐Ÿ˜ถ].

@paranundrum: That sounds nice! I rarely see [extended] family so a mini-reunion is always welcome. That stated, the second part of your day seems far more relaxing ... Enjoy! ๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ›‹๐Ÿจ๐Ÿ˜‰

27. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Jessiemuller88: love it! Ya funny, my niece is โ€œEvieโ€, (Evangeline) and my nephewโ€™s middle name is Benjamin. I always loved both names.

28. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Kaohinani: what do you teach? And I didnโ€™t know you were a military family! I grew up with my dad in the USAF and I miss it often. Itโ€™s just a totally different lifestyle.

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs.Panda: At current, I am an adjunct English professor (and, I work assorted evenings and weekends as a NASM cert personal trainer with degrees in Exercise Science and Biomechanics); however, before my Ed.D, I had my M.Ed in Cross-cultural education and in "Special Education." (* I do understand the term SpEd is outdated, but that is what my degree specialized in at the time I had obtained it.). Prior to that, I had completed extensive work in communications [one of my BAs] and in research (including in genetics at XULA). At this point, I'm just working to pay off all of my student loans, and childcare WHILE I work to pay off said loans. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ

Expansion of new topic -
    Aaaah, another Mil family member! I have been a Mil spouse for nearly half my life and I have 3 family members currently in the Armed Forces besides DH (* my sis, and 2 cousins). A long story made a TINY bit shorter - My DH is [currently] a reservist (ARMY) but was AD for MANY years. (Before my love, I was married, at 20, to a man in the USMC. We we HS sweethearts. It only lasted 6 years.) In any case, being a Mil spouse is all I know at this point ( * I well-versed in training, deployments, ceremony, stature, spousal ettiquete, proper dress for mil balls, pride, Tricare [eyeroll], the FRG, family/friend support, moves, travel, and constant diplomacy ). While supporting my military family, I have filled my time with a superfluity of educational endeavors and multiple career changes (* bringing it BACK to the first part of your question. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ) but have found I am most proud of being a mother (* which was not an option with my ex). Fast forward --- We are, currently, stationed at an AFB as, my husband's unit is affixed to a unit there AND his civilian job as an engineer and construction super. is "on-post." At this point, I couldn't imagine living without, "hurry up to wait" or "Don't make plans ...." ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ It, truly, is a unique lifestyle.

Wow, that was a novella! I apologize in spades.

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I just got back into cell service. G is looking absolutely adorable!

I will absolutely update as soon as I get out of my appointment. It will be a marathon appointment though with U/S, OB intake, and OB all at once; they usually do ultrasound and intake one day and your OB visit another.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: That is awesome that they are combining your initial OB intake and first U/S visit! ๐Ÿ‘ I can't wait (probably not nearly as much as you ... but, I'm still excited. ๐Ÿ˜)

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿน๐ŸŽ† July 2019 POAS ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿน๐Ÿ•ถ๐ŸŒž

1 July - Chereshae - - Feb/Mar Mama
    2 July - MaybeBaby
    3 July - FuzzyPeaches -
    4 July - GreenCraftyCello - - Mar Mama
    5 July - CatchAFallingStar
    7 July - Paranundrum
    12 July - JennyLayneAZ
    13 July - Mrs. Panda
    17 July - SweetCaroline
    19 July - Raspberries, Kaohinani

TBD - Paranundrum (2nd)
    No POAS -
    Drop-In BFP - Phillybaby2013 - - Feb/Mar Mama

๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ“ฃ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Yellowbeach
    - Sam's Mom - - Feb/Mar Mama
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - Lazb

33. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Kaohinani: you are quite impressive! I sometimes miss school, but not enough to go back for my DNP at this time. Maybe in the future, but for now it doesnโ€™t offer any additional benefits to my current practice, it would give me the opportunity to be a professor at the university level, though.

My husband surprised me by cleaning the house yesterday while I was at work. But it appears he threw away my FRER AND DIGITAL CLEAR BLUES?! They were in a bag in the bathroom and we have had trouble with him just throwing things away before (receipts, papers) but not actual products! My cheapie was a BFN. Pretty annoyed this morning.

34. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: thatโ€™s convenient!

35. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Jessiemuller88: my DD is Evelyn โ€œEvieโ€ !

36. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@yellowbeach: I love it so much your DD is so precious!

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Thank you for the ego stroke . Sorry to read of your BFN ... I'm hoping you get your BFP in the next day or 2.
    I will also state that I am very impressed your DH took the initiative to clean (* such a sweet sentiment to surprise you ๐Ÿ’•) but, I can only imagine how frustrated you must be that he tossed your expensive HPTs ๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ!!!

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I am SOOOOOOOO crampy and bloated (and "moist," TMI - Ewww!) that I feel as though AF will be coming soon ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ญ. 10 dpo ... ๐Ÿค” if AF does begin soon, this cycle will have had the LONGEST follicular phase and SHORTEST luteal phase I've ever had. ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

No AF YET ... ๐Ÿค” Although, I keep checking. ๐Ÿ˜ถ Cramps are dying down [again]. I am hoping AF stays away for atleast 5 more days (* test day). ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Anyone else going INSANE ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜ณ here?!
    @Mrs.Panda: @Raspberries:

40. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

OK, so Iโ€™m doing a whole new reply!

โ€ข Cycle Day: 10
    โ€ข TTC Cycle (or months TTC): 4
    โ€ข Ovulation Date: 7/16
    โ€ข POAS Date: 7/26
    โ€ข Baby #: 3 (I have 2 daughters, 4 and 16 months)
    BONUS-
    (1) Anything exciting you'd like to share?
    Injectable cycle with IUI this month! Iโ€™ll be triggering tonight. Excited because I have 4-5 mature follicles which gives me a pretty good chance even at my old age of 40!
    (2) Is there anything special you will be doing this month? Iโ€™m a wedding photographer, so just lots and lots of weddings.
    (3) Are there any special purchases you will be making on Amazon PRIME Day? Maybe some Christmas presents!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee