Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

Woo-hoo...end of TWW coming up! I'm sort of excited, sort of nervous, and trying not to get my hopes up all at the same time.

2. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

Hi ladies! I'm checking back in as the end of my TWW draws to a close... I have taken a bit of a step back from all this during the past month after my CP last cycle. I have been quietly/happily following along with all of you though and am thrilled to see so many BFP! SO exciting. Lots of to all of you.

For me this month, I appeared to ovulate relatively on track (maybe a couple days later than normal) this month and am going to POAS Weds I think. AF due Weds/Thurs if on time, but not sure if cycle will be weird bc of CP. I'm starting to feel anxious about it all, just wanting to know what will be up! Have had no symptoms at all, which is consistent with last cycle's CP. No pre-AF like symptoms either. So, I guess I'll just have to see! I can't lie - there's a big part of me that's hoping somehow my hormones were all primed to get a BFP this month. Although will be super nervous if it is...

Wishing so much luck to everyone waiting around this month! xo

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Gigi2: I am in the same exact boat with you. Though I probably didn't lay low as much as I could have. I have no idea if I O'ed or if I will...no ovulation symptoms this month and I am not doing OPKS, Probably will next month. I have my fingers tightly crossed for you and wish you all the best.

4. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Good luck to those ladies who are nearing POAS date.

I'm in period limbo at what may or may not be 6DPO. Still spotting pretty heavily. Took to pregnancy test last night because I was cramping so bad and having nausea but that was a waste. This is pretty standard for me and I am expecting AF sometime between tonight and Wednesday. Since I'm already spotting I'd rather just get this show on the road with AF. Once you spot the length of your LP is already greatly compromised so there's no point in sitting in limbo. Anyway, I may get another may POAS date, not sure. That will be cycle 6 so I may post on the 6 months board more frequently but I'll check in here. Sorry it's just hard sometimes when you get to a certain number of cycles to see so many people come on go without you. Much luck to all!

5. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm thinking of you!! It's a confusing spot to be in. I'm hoping you have a great month and will never need OPKs or any of that going fwd

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Gigi2: Thank you! We will get our "rainbow" babies...the meantime is just hard.

7. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@MrsMccarthy: ugh hang in there. can you talk to a doc to lengthen your LP?

8. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Tidybee: that's the plan once we get to 8 months TTC because our insurance covers zero fertility related appointments. I may try to push it sooner but I'm not sure if u should wait until after we fully wean or not. This whole LP situation has been such a nightmare.

9. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Oh lady. If I am pregnant, I am determined to take you with me! So what all are you taking? Are you taking B6 and zinc together?

10. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Espion: aw you are so sweet! What a doll. I am officially on CD1 as full blown AF came to town. I don take zinc. I take a b complex and a prenatal. Perhaps I will try adding zinc. Thank you for the suggestion and the support.

11. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I'm sorry! I was really hoping this was your month. Have my fingers crossed for you for your next cycle!

12. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I am so sorry, hon. Treat yourself well...

13. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Definitely take zinc as well. Both zinc and B6 can help decrease prolactin levels (many times a culprit for short luteal phase...which means your uterine lining isn't bulking up enough). I was taking domperidone (which increases prolactin) and nursing E maybe twice a day when he was 6 months old, and stopped when he was 7 months. But even with barely nursing, I never got a natural PP cycle. I had to artificially induce it with birth control hormones even after being off the domperidone for several months.

I just have a feeling, because I think some of us girls are super sensitive to even small elevations in prolactin. I don't think there is anything "wrong" with you or me, and it is a total theory because I doubt either of our levels are high enough to cause medical concern, but I think there may be such a thing as "just high enough".

14. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I'm sorry. I hope you can get the support you're needing with the 6m+ ladies. Some of them are ttc experts and may have better suggestions. Hope it happens soon!

15. googly-eyes

I had the weirdest (for lack of better words) conversation with a dr this afternoon. I was in the ER (out of town) yesterday and got meds for a UTI. I started feeling a weird feeling in my back today so I called and ended up going into urgent care...where the doctor informede that despite them putting "not reported" for the results of my preg test in the ER, they put me on med this particular dr usually only gives to pregnant women. There ARE other reasons a dr could choose it but it was weird that they had done that an then also had me taking no ibuprofen, only Tylenol (though they have me another reason which was fine too.) if my LO wasn't also sick (pneumonia it seems) I would so be over analyzing this. As of now I think it means absolutely nothing, just a coincidence...just thought I would share. (Eta: Im not being put on any other meds so no test was taken today!)

16. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Ahhh hugs to you! Hope you get your BFP really, really soon!

17. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Oh boo, I had my fingers crossed for you this month!!! FX that you get your BFP next month! Hugs!

18. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Yay! CBE Advanced showed peak this morning. Last night and this am's cheapie OPKs were alllllmost positive, I expect they will be tonight. So, sometime between today and the 15th is O-day.

Sadly, my temps probably won't narrow it in more specifically than the OPKs this cycle. I'm on call for work and am getting woken up in the middle of the night a lot so my temps are pretty whacky.

I've already told sweetie I'm going to need some more semen tonight, and that Wednesday is a maybe.

Here comes the somewhat less than 2 week wait!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c6b31

19. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

@simplyfelicity: I just wanted to give you an update on me because we are in such similar spots this cycle... I did O (today), but it was delayed by a few days after my CP last cycle.

20. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Espion: thank you! I'll try the zinc. I know you are right. I really could just be experiencing all of this due to nursing. I'm just so nervous I will wean and it will persist. I also have read this can be an issue as women get older and I am 37 next month.

Thanks everyone for your sweet support! I hope you all graduate from here this month!

21. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

@mrsmccarthy: thinking of you, girl... xoxox hope you can do something kind for yourself over the next couple days before you have to charge up for the next cycle.

22. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

My POAS day was supposed to be tomorrow - If this cycle is "normal" AF due tomorrow or Thurs, but I couldn't help myself and tested this morning. Of course, BFN. I know I definitely ovulated a couple days late (CD 19-20 I think), I think due to CP last month, so I'm only 8-9 DPO, which is super early to test. Really just hoping this doesn't mean I'm just going to have a too short LP this month for anything to happen. When would you ladies test again (assuming AF doesn't show first!!!!)?

23. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@septca: That does help! How many days was your O off? I still haven't experienced any O symptoms yet... But I have really stopped "looking." Dh and I are BEing EOD just in case until cd 23 or 25 but I really wonder if I won't O this month.

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Gigi2: I'd hold out as long as you can, assuming those BFN's are upsetting to you (they were to me). I got BFN's every single day until AF was due!

25. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

@valentinemommy: you are right! I need to hold out. DH has been encouraging me to do the same. The BFNs are unfun. Maybe I can wait until Fri AM if still no AF...

26. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

Ugh, I'm 6 dpo and spotting heavily, had a slight temp dip this AM...I have a bad feeling about this month, which sucks because I was really optimistic. I had about convinced myself I was pregnant. I hope I'm wrong and it's like early implantation spotting or something. Blah.

27. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@googly-eyes: weird...when do you test?

28. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@googly-eyes: Weird! Did you mention you were TTCing? A lot of doctors do it just as a precaution.

29. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Gigi2: @simplyfelicity: sending you.both love. I was exactly there this time last year, and it is really hard. Hoping you both get your sticky babies very, very soon!

30. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

@lovelyplum: thank you so much!!

31. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I am so sorry to hear you're passing another cycle. Keep your chin up

32. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I'm so sorry. Hope you get your BFP very soon!!

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thanks! I appreciate it.

34. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I don't even know if I am in the two week wait or not (according to FF I am) but I didn't use OPKs, so I don't know if I even O'ed. Anyway, I woke up this morning with a cold which is sort of like last month and my first thought was "could I be pregnant?!" Or...I could just have a cold. I am exhausted, sore throat, lightheaded, queasy tummy...Its rare for me to get sick, especially in May but symptom spotting is the worst...especially if you have no idea if you O'ed. My brain is just plain wacky!

35. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

@simplyfelicity: I hear you, girl! I thought I was doing so well, being so "cool" and now I'm symptom spotting like a maniac. Hoping for you it's a sign of BFP to come! (and also hope you feel better and don't just have an unfortunate spring cold!). When would you expect AF if things were to be generally on time? I know this month is totally weird and hard to predict tho...

36. googly-eyes

@LovelyPlum: I'm not completely regular with my periods but based on how long my cycles have been- sometime between a couple days from now through the 18th! Maybe another reason I'm thinking it means nothing... It's have been pretty darn early.

@BakerBee: no, they just asked when my last period was so I answered that. I mean... They wouldn't keep that info from someone right? That's ridiculous. I'm also thinking it was a precaution.

37. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@simplyfelicity: I had some weird craving for Sara Lee pound cake yesterday (i haven't had it since the 80's and don't even know if they still made it) and now I totally think I'm pregnant. Symptom spotting IS the worst.

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

So, I took an OPK (yes, I cheated) just to give FF some data because it gave me a seven day fertile period and this is what I got...my previous positive OPKs weren't dark for the whole strip, just one part was super dark. One part of the control is dark but I would still consider it a negative, right?

39. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm not too savvy with OPKs, but I would think that is a smidge positive? haha not helpful, I know. but it looks darker than the test line to me!

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sorrycharlie: Haha! My thoughts, too! Here is another. (I know sometimes a different angle helps...though this looks the same, haha.)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee