Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

POAS 2019 - September to December Edition

1. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@fuzzypeaches:

Wishing you the best and hoping that it’s not ectopic! Will be waiting with bated breath to find out!

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@fuzzypeaches: oh man what a crazy ride... standard teaching is that a drop in beta is definitely a loss, and that even an ectopic rises, just abnormally, and usually slowly. That FRER test line is DARK. I would guess your hcg has to be back on the rise. How though, not sure I have a great explanation... crossing my fingers for you that you at least get a beta that gives you info one way or the other. Will they do a TVUS tomorrow? I hope they would since ectopic is still on the differential.

3. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@bhbee: @skiierchck99: @yellowbeach: I know it’s so odd.

I think if I have a more objective measure of an hcg rise (like an actual beta level) they will refer me for an ultrasound for sure. Do you know if the hcg has to be a certain level to see an ectopic?? Or is there a level at which they still watch and wait?

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@fuzzypeaches: wow, what a twist! I’d guess 1000+ but so hard to say. I can’t wait to see what your beta says!

5. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@fuzzypeaches: No, no specified level. It’s more that we do an ultrasound trying to identify an IUP, and then ensure there’s not also an ectopic (having both is known as a heterotopic pregnancy). If we see no IUP, we look for an ectopic. If you are in extreme pain, have free fluid in your pelvis or low blood pressure that doesn’t perk up with IV fluids, then sometimes the OBs will take patients to the OR for an ex lap if they are worried enough. If they do see an ectopic and it’s <4cm, and you don’t have any contraindications, you can take methotrexate and avoid surgery usually. If they see nothing (no ectopic or IUP), and you are stable, they monitor you every 48 hrs.

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I was getting a box down and knocked all of my frers into the toilet so I took a quick pic and threw them away. I’m weirdly sad about it because I saved all of my other successful pregnancy tests, but these couldn’t be salvaged. For your viewing pleasure, my progression from 4dp5dt to 13dp5dt

7. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Whoa! I am absolutely holding out hope for the best, but understand your reservations. I am wondering if it could possibly be a blighted ovum.

8. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

Fuzzypeaches- hi, it's your resident stalker 🙋 like @LAZB: I also saved successful HPTs and these were mine from DS2. Dye stealer at 14dpo but I don't know the betas! I will say I had a misdiagnosed threatened miscarriage at 6w bc I was dumb enough to get betas drawn then. They obv didn't double (went from 15,000 to 18,000) and my OB (at 4:30 on a Friday) said "well you might, you might not. Good luck!" (My son is 10 months now 😄)

9. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@fuzzypeaches: also, my 13dpt test my levels were 961, and your test is darker, so I bet your levels are high

11. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@LAZB: @crazydoglady: @pachamama: thanks ladies this so nuts. For a normal doubling from oct 30 it would have to be over 800 at least! I’ll update tomorrow 😅

Trying to keep the hope low but praying for a miracle 🙏

12. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@fuzzypeaches: ...the what now?!
    Can't wait for the results! Everything crossed for a miracle!

13. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

I had an appointment this morning and luckily the 5cm cyst I had on the left side is gone.

No good news about SO's swimmers though, IVF is our only option. We have counseling in December and if everything goes well there, things will start happening really fast in the beginning of January. It's a bit intimidating to be honest...Can any of you tell me how your IVF journeys started? I know many of you have been on that particular merry-go-round for a while, but can you take me back to the beginning?

14. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@paranundrum: ugh that sucks. I have never done IVF... but if it’s a swimmer problem, do you need to do ICSI??

15. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Most probably yes, his numbers are not good. I'm sure they'll take us through the process during our appointment next month.

How are you feeling today?

16. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@paranundrum: just waiting to get blood work 🙃 hopefully doesn’t take too long to come back!

17. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@fuzzypeaches: It better not!

18. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm praying for you!!

19. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@paranundrum: I don’t know if you have any female factor things too, but honestly MFI is probably the easiest to address (assuming he doesn’t have a count of 0). DH has issues in motility and morphology and count and we did like 6 iuis before ivf, mostly because I was really anxious about ivf. When we finally did ivf, it was not a walk in the park but it was easier than expected and we had a great response (because I personally had no identified issues). We also did ICSI and ended up with 12 embryos. We had one chemical and then our sticky baby who is almost two! If I did it again I would have moved to ivf way sooner. Happy to answer any questions you have!

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@fuzzypeaches: This was my test at 13dp5dt

21. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Beta is 1311!
    From Wednesday is a doubling time of 38 hours! And from Monday a doubling time of 49 hours.

Ahh I don’t know what to think!! My RE office is closed but I’m hoping they get me on for ultrasound ASAP, am still nervous about ectopic... but also kind of hopeful? I’m hoping this isn’t a cruel trick the universe is playing on me 🙏

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: holy crap!!! Congratulations! I pray all is well and baby is in the right spot

23. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@fuzzypeaches: omgeeeeeeeeeeee everything crossed for you! I would definitely push to check for ectopic to rule it out but dang I hope this is it! x 100000000

24. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@fuzzypeaches: oh. my. gosh!!!!!! what dpo are you again????

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Whoahhhhhhh!!!! What a rollercoaster 🎢... perhaps beta 2 was a lab error... bad sample, someone else’s sample.... Whoah. This is big news!

26. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Wow, that’s nuts! Just popping in from lurking to share my experience - I had beats drawn and barely had any rise in 48 hours. Long story short, turns out there was a lab malfunction and the second beta was wrong. I spent a weekend mourning the loss of a viable pregnancy (I’m holding that baby now)! Fingers crossed the low beta was a mistake and all is okay

27. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@fuzzypeaches: that’s amazing! I hope it was just a lab error before - can’t wait to find out! Sending you good wishes.

28. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Thanks ladies for all the support this has been so crazy. I have been on pins and needles all day.

@Sams Mom: @bhbee: thanks I hope so too! I am so nervous about the idea of ectopic actually.
    @crazydoglady: I think 22dpo??
    @yellowbeach: @skinnycow: @skiierchck99: hmm I actually never considered lab error but I guess anything is possible. I’ll just try and temper my optimism just in case but ahhh

29. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@fuzzypeaches: another lurker coming by to say, that's great news! I really hope this is it for you!

30. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@skiierchck99: That's encouraging, I hope that's the case for us.
    I'm mostly fine. I have a few out of whack hormone levels, but they respond to meds very well and shouldn't be a problem.
    SO has been on meds for a few months too now, but things haven't gotten any better. His count isn't zero, but it's not enough for natural conception. My doctor ruled out IUI as well for the same reason and put us on the list for IVF right away. We were originally going to do it in November, but I pushed to January as I recently got a new job and it felt wrong to proceed so soon after starting.

31. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Great news! Are you any closer to getting an ultrasound done?

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@fuzzypeaches: incredible! I’m so excited for you, I know it’s hard to be positive, and easier to temper your excitement, but I’m excited!

33. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@paranundrum: DH had one month with ok numbers - not great but in the realm of maybe it could work but mostly bad. I personally think it was mostly stress and sleep and lifestyle but none of that was easily changing. And, because we had a good response with dd1, conceiving #2 was actually pretty easy.

34. breakouttheicecream

olive / 66 posts

That is crazy, @fuzzypeaches! All my fingers and toes are crossed for you.

35. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@fuzzypeaches: this is amazing! Keep us updated.

36. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Chuckles: @LAZB: @breakouttheicecream: @MoonMoon: thanks!!

My update is kind of anticlimactic lol. My RE was very hopeful for me - but I am repeating the beta tomorrow at their lab (they also wonder if there was maybe a lab error - but hard to say as I also had stalled frer progress at that time). So I’ll update tomorrow when I hear back! Thankfully their lab is way faster too.

37. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@paranundrum: that’s pretty exciting! I’m some ways it’s nice to do it after the holidays too. How is your hubby feeling? I know you mentioned awhile ago he was a bit stressed (I think it was you?). I know mine finds this whole thing also very stressful

38. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

A little update from me. So my period started, (though at least I had a 29-day cycle instead of 26, small win). I was upset but at least at the same moment, my OB responded to my message and we're getting a fertility workup started. I had labs drawn today, then a hysterosalpingography next Friday, then another set of labs, and she's going to order a semen analysis for my husband.

I also had my first ever acupuncture treatment, at a place that specializes in fertility treatments, and I loved it!

So I'm deeply disappointed at another month without a pregnancy, but at least I know I'm doing what I can to move forward.

Any stories or tips you all want to share about starting this journey, I'm happy to hear. Or if this isn't the right thread for this, let me know!

39. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@fuzzypeaches: will they do an ultrasound next week if your numbers look good?

40. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@MoonMoon: sorry girl 😐 the nice thing about an HSG as the procedure itself increases fertility for the following months! I have been doing fertility acupuncture too, and if nothing else it’s a good way to pass time and feel proactive!
    @Chuckles: I think 1 week if numbers are good, earlier if not good (more concern for ectopic) is how I understood it?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee