Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Weight Loss Challenge/Support 2017!

1. looch

wonderful pear / 26210 posts

@nanilani: My problem is that I make awesome progress, then I start treating myself and I can't stop.

I do the grocery shopping and this week I came home with a pan of brownies and a half gallon of ice cream. I know better, but I can't help myself.

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Anagram: wow, I think losing 8 lbs in 60 days is great! That's basically a pound per week which is pretty tough imo.

@nanilani: as a fellow binger, try the brushing teeth thing. I'm amazed how much it's helped me.

I've been doing pretty well myself. Just started doing some workout DVDs this week and I'm sore but proud. Hopefully I can keep it up. I go back to work tomorrow though and that'll be a big test to both my diet and exercise...:

3. arosebyany

clementine / 955 posts

@Anagram: it sounds like you and I are the same person, in weight loss regard. My body HATES to lose weight, but will gain a lb in 2 days 😑. I'm actually using my fitness pal in conjunction with my Fitbit. I'm at enough of a deficit where I should be losing 2lbs a week, but over 3 weeks I've lost 1. So I say your doing amazing. I just came up on my 1 year regular excersize anniversary. I've worked out at least 3 times a week every week for 1 year! Diet has always been my problem, but 3 weeks ago I had me a nice cry in my bathtub about how fat I am, and I've been on track since then. And even though I've only lost 1lb, I've had 3 people this week tell me I look like I've lost weight, so right now that's keeping me motivated.

4. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@looch: Same! I don't even know what reward would be motivating that isn't some sort of junk food. Moderation is not my strong suit.

@JennyPenny: I brushed my teeth early last night and didn't snack, but I don't think I can count night #1 as a true success. I mean, who wants to eff up the first time they do something? It's not exactly representative. Hopefully it'll remain effective in the future.

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Does anyone want to revive this thread?
    I'm down about 10 pounds and still going strong!

6. arosebyany

clementine / 955 posts

@mrskansas: that's awesome!!
    I was thinking about poping on here the other day, so I'm glad you revived it! I'm also down 10lbs and am at a dropping point, out of the 150's into the 140's so I'm super excited. I finally got my diet together, which has been a game changer. Honestly though I just gained 20lbs on my max deadlift and I think I may be more excited about that lol.

7. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@arosebyany: That's great! I used to lift and would always be super excited about upping the weight

8. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@arosebyany: What kind of diet are you following?

9. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

And a progress pic... ignore my mess.
    This was taken about a week ago.

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: I'm in! I've been hating myself for weeks because I worked hard to lose 9 pounds over a month and then let hormones and mood swings get the better of me and gained more than half back. Now I'm visiting family and finding it hard when I can't control what I eat but planning to hit it hard when I get home! I hate every picture of myself lately

11. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: A picture really triggered it for me. I saw one on Facebook that someone took while we were on vacation in June and I was like WHOA - this has to change.

But yep, hormones and stress led me to gain weight in the first place, so I totally get it. We are here for you!

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I clearly fell off the wagon.

I'm starting over again....tomorrow!

13. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

So when this thread started two days ago, I was on day 16 of a Whole30. After I did about 45 days of that (yup, I went past 30 days), I switched to just Paleo which is similar but without all the sub rules. And I've been doing that for more than 2.5 months total.

I'm still on steroids, which cause weight gain, so I haven't really lost any weight in the last month, but at least I know I'm eating a lot more fruit and vegetables since I can't fill my diet with just starchy stuff.

Anyway, I'm about 10 pounds down from where I started 2.6 months ago, which is super super slow (a pound a week which I think is slow considering I don't eat grains, sugars, or dairy), but it is what it is. I still do 10k steps a day and fit in other stuff when I can....like I've taken 5 barre classes recently.

14. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@mrskansas: That's awesome! What are you doing?!?!

15. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: @bhbee: I am totally with you guys! Before I went on vacation, I was 5 lbs up since summer started and now....? I'm going to keep it easyish and do 1,500-1,800 calories a day and 10k steps. I would rather do something sustainable even if it's slower weight loss per week.

16. arosebyany

clementine / 955 posts

@mrskansas: I'm super jealous, your progress pic is my goal!
    @Coral: I'm pretty much just eating clean. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies, lots of lean protein. I pretty much have some kind of fish or chicken for dinner every night. I get one "cheat meal" a week. Which is usually a margarita lol.
    @bhbee: I hate every picture too
    @Anagram: I've been thinking about you lately. Do you still have the hives? Or did they ever figure what caused them? Also a pound a week is awesome!! I practically killed myself working out and eating right around 5months pp and it took me 4 months to lose 5lbs. That sucked lol

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Coral: I have been eating around 1200 calories per day. I don't work out at all yet. I'll probably start adding in some walking on the treadmill soon and up my calories a bit.

18. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@arosebyany: yeah, it was an autoimmune reaction after getting mono. I finally got on a good medication regiment and my skin is allllmost normal now. Where the rash used to be, the skin sort of died and peeled, like a sunburn....and now only my feet and knees are still peeling.

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Is anyone interested in reviving this or possibly doing a new version? I know with the holidays coming up a little extra support and motivation can't hurt!

20. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: me me me!! I am determined to stick to plan until my in laws come next Thursday. I planned my day in MFP and the food is prepped so now I just need to follow through.

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee