Has anyone else run into this? I'm hoping this is just a phase, but DD is throwing tantrums All.The.Time right now. I didn't think it was supposed to happen until she's 2 or 3 years old??

We thought she was doing it because she had pneumonia, but it's continuing after she's healed. If you set her down, she will slump down and start crying a horrible "why on Earth did you do that to me???" kind of cry that doesn't stop until you pick her up again. Other times, she will throw herself back and just start crying for (what seems like) no reason or when she doesn't want to do something (like have her diaper changed). She is also spitting/blowing raspberries at us if she doesn't like what we're giving her (such as, food, which then ends up all over us).

Distraction doesn't work. If I show/give her something to try to distract her, she'll either hit it away or throw it.

There's only about 1 hour a day that I actually see her smile now and it breaks my heart to know she's so unhappy. I don't know what I'm should do about it, but I know it's getting really frustrating for everyone (including her), so I need to do *something*. Should I ignore it when it happens? Is there a trick that I don't know about to distract her?