Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Checkin - TTC plans for 2019

1. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs Lavender: so exciting - keeping all my fingers crossed for a September baby for you.

@bananasareyellow: is this your first time with the RE, or a repeat? I remember being so nervous for my first appointment a couple of years ago, but thankfully it was straightforward.

2. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@periwinklebee: thank you! It'll be our first appointment. I already have a list of questions prepared - not feeling nervous yet but I'm sure I will be when the appointment gets closer!

3. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LBee: @DesertDreams88: @crazydoglady: @MamaBear87: It's crazy what a staple of life the cycle of TTC/pregnancy/BF can be. I barely remember life before I started TTC, and my first isn't even one yet. But SO EXCITING for the next chapter for you all...

@Mrs. Toad: @kayla0416: I've always thought it would be so fun - albeit insane amounts of work - to have several kids close in age.

4. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bananasareyellow: I don't think I was nervous for any particularly good reason, just the unknown. But it turned out being almost exactly how other bees had described it, in that I think the testing and everything they do is pretty standardized...

5. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@periwinklebee: Just wanted to stop in and say hi! So good to see you here ❤️ DS just turned one a couple months ago and we have been ttc for a few months now but I use that term really loosely because we haven’t given as much effort to the cause as we did with #1 (we are just so exhausted at the end of the day!). We will probably get more serious about our efforts about ttc next cycle and put our best foot forward...

My period has returned but I’m still nursing DS at night before bed. My letdown is gone and I have just drops of milk left. I am hoping this doesn’t affect my abilities to conceive. Are you still nursing?

6. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Good luck to everyone TTC!!!

We are done with our two.. although DH has mentioned he'll have baby fever once DS gets a bit older. DH likes the baby snuggles!! He knows his time is limited as DS is almost 2

7. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Good luck to everyone TTC!

It took us close to 3 years and IVF to conceive the one I'm pregnant with now, our first kiddo and only embryo. We both agree this will be our only one. We don't want the emotional or financial toll again. We'll love this kiddo for everything. We plan to be an international student host family in a few years for sibling relationships instead, and are really excited for that! We volunteer with an org now and love it!

8. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I can't believe it's almost a new year - good luck to all starting and continuing to try in 2019!

We are 50/50 on whether we will be done after this baby (#2). We definitely won't be trying in 2019 but possibly late 2020 if we decide to go for #3. TTC and early pregnancy is such a drain on my mental state... right now I'm feeling more and more at peace with two kids but we'll see.

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. K: So good to hear from you! Sending all the sticky baby dust for you all in the new year. I'm sure we will not be nearly as good about TTC as we were the first time around either, it is so hard to have the energy after LO goes to bed. We're basically NTNP, in that we're not preventing, but between not having my period back, not having much energy in the evenings, and my lackluster fertility, I would be totally shocked (in a good way) if anything happened. I am still breastfeeding, not sure I'll get my period back before stopping, but LO really loves it, so I think we'll have to play it by ear...

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@foodiebee: Hosting an international student sounds awesome!

11. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@periwinklebee: good luck!!

As for us, nope!

12. MLE81

cherry / 108 posts

Hoping to be able to try IUI for #2 in early January. We were hoping to do one back in early September, but bad timing meant we could only do a medicated cycle, which actually ended up being successful. Unfortunately, I miscarried at 8 weeks at the end of October, and it’s taken until now to get the “all clear” to try again. Fingers crossed we’ll have success like we did with our DD (third IUI back in 2015), but a bit nervous because there have been major staffing changes at my fertility clinic, and not sure if the level of care will remain the same. Hoping we don’t have to find a new clinic and start all over again!!

13. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

Just realized this is finally us! We both went back and forth about it and were never on the same page about wanting a third until a few months ago. My husband wants to wait until November 2019 to start TTC but I am itching to start (baby fever) and need to distract myself! I’d ideally want to start in August-September (depending on my cycle), aiming for a May-September baby. We were those very annoying got pregnant on the first try people for our current 2 (DD1 was a surprise), so DH doesn’t really understand any concerns I have about it potentially taking longer this time and not wanting to put off trying too long.

14. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

We're NTNP right now, probably will move on to for real TTC at some point in 2019 (most likely in May after DD turns 2). It took us 2 years and Clomid to get pregnant with DD, so I'm skeptical that we'll be able to get pregnant easily this time

How I'm feeling about it: really neutral, actually. It's not like when we were trying to get pregnant with DD and I was DESPERATE for a baby. I'm 100% sure that our family isn't complete yet, and I want my kids to be close in age (if we can manage it), so it's the right time. But I really like our life right now, and I'm happy as a family of 3 for now. Honestly, it's probably the best, most relaxed I've ever been NTNP, haha.

15. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@smuckers: I feel like I'm in a similar place, in terms of ideally wanting kids close in age but not particularly expecting to actually get viably pregnant next year based on our past experience and also being totally okay with it since life as a family of three is pretty awesome.

@Becky: Exciting! A summer 2020 baby would be lovely!

@MLE81: So much for your rainbow baby!

@2littlepumpkins: Thank you! Hah hah, I love the "nope!"

16. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@periwinklebee: YES, this EXACTLY. It's a really lovely place to be in, too! Totally different from my last TTC/NTNP experiences.

17. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@smuckers: Yeah, I was in retrospect more stressed out about it than our specific circumstances warranted - but somehow the fear of never being a mom loomed really large. Now it's a huge relief not to have that element...

18. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

Us!! We are going to start TTC #2 in May or June. Hoping for an early 2020 baby!

19. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@periwinklebee: wow! Our LOs are the same age and I am so not ready. I feel like I gave birth yesterday! Lol I’m old but just can’t wrap my head around number 2. Excited for you though!

20. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Mrs. Toad: @kayla0416: we are thinking about trying for a third! we will start trying in the fall of next year if we do. My heart says yes, and my head so no. So we are about 50/50 right now on what we will do. Its a crazy spot to be in!

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@peaches1038: 2020 would be an awesome birth year (though it makes me, as a 1980s baby, feel so old!)

@JJ2626: Hah, I'm assuming it will take awhile again. If not I'll be freaking out about how on earth I will handle LOs close in age, but that would be compensated by TTC being less of a slog

22. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@periwinklebee: My first girl took 5 years and IVF, and second baby was a surprise happened after one time of not even trying. So you never know! I"m half expecting that if I try for a third, I will never get pregnant again and that baby #2 was a fluke miracle.

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@agold: This is the awesomest story ever! I've heard for some people, being pregnant can fix whatever the issue was initially. I hope this is you, and #3 will be as easy as #2 if you guys decide to go that route

24. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I hope this go around is easier for you guys. Fingers crossed
    We wont be TTC, this year or probably ever. We are thinking that being a family of three is pretty awesome.

25. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@periwinklebee: Thank you!! I truly believe that delivery of my first girl is what fixed my issue. If I had a c-section, which my doctor wanted to do, I honestly think I would never have had my second baby and first girl would be an only child. Its so crazy how things can work out very unexpectedly. And so crazy to now even be thinking of a third!

26. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

It's so interesting to see the range of experiences here! We have been TTC since April and have had 4 losses (3 early and 1 at 8 weeks) since then. We'll continue to try this month and into 2019. We have 1 DS who is 5 and conceived on the first try.
    I think we'll continue to try for the first half of the year, but if I don't have a viable pregnancy by summer, we'll just be happy as a family of 3. I'd love to adopt but I don't think it's financially feasible for us, and we don't have the time to devote to foster-to-adopt since we both work decently long hours. I am considering whether we'd want to do IVF with PGS since I'm getting pregnant pretty easily, but I'm not sure yet. We're meeting again with our RE next week, so we'll see.

27. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

Me!! DS is 15 months. We’ll probably start in January or February. My husband has a very specific job that requires 80+ hour weeks February-April so we’d have to stop trying if we got closer to those due dates.
    DS was conceived in the first month of TTC. We feel so lucky, but now I fear it will take longer.

Selfishly, my biggest fear was the massive amount of weight gain I gained with DS (60+lbs) as a 5’1” normally petite person. It took a year of hard work to lose it. I worry it will happen again. My main pregnancy symptom was being absolutely painfully hungry almost 24/7. Hoping that doesn’t happen again (although better than nausea).

Wishing everyone baby dust!!

28. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

I have 2 breast tumors that are being monitored for cancer. One has been biopsied and declared benign. The other was detected via MRI but unable to positively identify via ultrasound and thus unable to biopsy. Since pregnancy hormones could basically be fertilizer to breast cancer, I've been advised to hold on getting pregnant. My next batch of scans is on January 18th and I'm praying they come back clear and we get the blessing to TTC.

DD will be 4 in February and our family feels incomplete. We're so blessed but would love one more child to share this with.

29. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

We're going to be trying for baby #3 in the new year. B will be 6 in February and C will be 4 in March so I didn't want to wait too much longer to get started. I got my IUD taken out last week and started prenatals. Hubby and I are going to Vegas/Disneyland the first week in March so we're going to try to avoid until then. I don't want to be preggo for our trip but a part of me wants to just go for it now. I didn't have period though with the IUD so I'm also waiting for my cycle to get back on track. We were on the fence about a third for a while so I'm super excited that we're actually going for it!

30. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@annem1990: I also have a similar fear with trying again. We conceived our 2 both on the first try and had pretty uneventful pregnancies. I was always nervous in the beginning with them but now I feel like I'm tempting fate or something and should prepare myself just in case it doesn't go as smoothly.

31. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

🙋‍♀️ I think we are going to try in February! Which, if it happens soon-ish thereafter, will give us 4 kids 5 and under because we are insane 😳(and I love it!) And for those of you talking about having siblings close in age—it’s SO fun. Yes it is hard some days. But my two older boys (2&4) play together all day every day. They all have such special bonds with each other! It’s like built in BFFs haha

32. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@periwinklebee: soooooooooo I apprently jinxed myself and got a BFP. Not sure if it’s sticky because I had a longer than usual period a week and a half ago, we’ll see. In shock.

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@annem1990: @Phillybaby2013: our son was a surprise baby, so I assumed #2 might be hard to conceive because we can't be that lucky. We're on cycle 23 TTC #2, but honestly I think I stressed myself too much and went full bore from the start instead of NTNP for a bit.

So don't stress, it will happen however it's supposed to, it won't help the situation. (I wish I could take my own advice 😂)

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@smuckers: Lucky Duck! 😉 Could you send some lucky jinx this way? 🤞🙏😂

P.S. Wrote you on the POAS board.

35. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@Kaohinani: oh man if I had my way every single couple in the world that wanted to get pregnant would be able to do so easily! I almost feel guilty (not a ton, but it’s definitely there). If this wasn’t such a positive community I probably wouldn’t have said anything in either board.

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@smuckers:

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@smuckers: OMG just saw this, YAAAAAAY, congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! Sending so much and sticky baby dust your way!!!

38. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bees_knees: This is awesome! So sweet about your older two, I would love that for our son!

@SweetCaroline: I'm so sorry, how horribly stressful. I will keep you in our thoughts.

@agold: That's such an awesome story, crazy how things can work out!

@snarkybiochemist: So glad to hear that you've found your sweet spot with E!

@Chuckles: I'm sorry for your losses and really hope that things work out soon. I was in a bit of a similar place trying for our son. I think the fact that you are getting pregnant is a good sign and it's probably ultimately a numbers game, that hopefully won't take too much longer.

@annem1990:

@Phillybaby2013: Good luck!!!! I understand the tempting fate. I sometimes have to take my son to appointments at children's hospital. Fortunately his health issues are mild, but you see kids there with such severe problems and it's just heartbreaking. There's a really conscious realization that we are so lucky and with another you take on a risk of things being much tougher...

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@foodiebee: I love that plan!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee