Hi, wondering if anyone has experience with this: just before Christmas I was rear-ended (softly, but by a 50-ft mack truck) with minimal damage to my bumper. I called the police and filed an accident report and finally got my brand new, formerly perfect condition Forester fixed. I want to be compensated for the diminished value of the car (as in, if we sold it, now its record is marred by having been in an accident) but don't really know how to go about doing so. I wrote to the adjuster who worked with me to get the repair done and he referred me to someone else who asked me to provide documents and reports, which, I have no idea what they're talking about.

Has anyone done this? The agency is Progressive and they're not going out of their way to make it easy. Thanks in advance.