Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/20

1. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Mrs.Someone: wow seems like yesterday you got your sticky BFP, congrats on 19w! also I am impressed you didn't use that FRER! I have a pretty good test stash so I'll leave it for someone else . . .

2. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Shutterbug: yay! cozy uterus thoughts haha

3. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Shutterbug: Holy crap indeed!

@bhbee: I'm a little surprised too! I only bought a box once the Wondfo was , and just tested that one day. After 2 m/cs I was too freaked out to test again.

4. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Hi! I miss seeing you around here, but I'm glad you don't have to hang out here, too! I'm set on Wondfos, but could hopefully use a pregnancy test. I'll wall you.

5. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Alright, ladies. Results day.

Definitive answer: Unexplained IF.

She wants me to start on IUI, tonight is the big talk with hubby.

6. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal:

I have the 13 OPKs left if anyone wants them!

7. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Well..that went just as I expected. He doesn't want to do it. He can't explain why other than "why do you need to go on drugs if nothing is wrong with us"

F me. I'm never having kids.

8. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@babycanuck: So sorry you're having a rough time with your husband. With IF it sometimes takes trying things to find the reason why it wasn't working. I found out eventually that I wasn't getting pregnant because of clotting disorders, but its not something that is tested for until having at least 2 miscarriages. Otherwise, I would have been labeled "unexplained" too. I hope he comes around...

9. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@babycanuck: I'm sorry. My husband wasn't ready to move onto an IUI as soon as I was. It's frustrating. I just had to be patient.

Question for those who have had a lap--how long was your stomach bloated for? I'm in regular pants today, but it's still more comfortable to keep them unbuttoned. I'm amazed with the bloat.

10. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@babycanuck: I'm sorry. I would definitely ask him if he feels uncomfortable with the clinical aspect of IUI. Maybe it's partly that?

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Bummer, too late! I have far too many OPKs and not enough Wondfo HPTs now... Thanks for passing along the wealth though

@babycanuck: ((hugs)) I'm sorry. It's kinda the reverse here... All signs are pointing to unexplained IF right now. DH wants to be aggressive right away now and I'm a little hesitant. I guess I"m in denial and somehow still convinced that we'll get pregnant on our own...

12. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Happygal: Honestly I felt like the bloat stuck around for close to 2 weeks, it was crazy!

Ladies... sorry I haven't been around much this week. I have been swamped at work and just needed a break

13. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrswin: I very much understand needing a break. I hope being busy at work is a welcome distraction.

I looked up on the 'ole internet and discovered people call it "swelly belly." Cute way to say I look four months pregnant. Insane! I should have been prepared for it, but it has been a surprise. By the way, my heating pad has been my saving grace. Thank you again for the heads up!

14. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@faithfertility: I came here to check in and see if you've gotten test results back, but I realized you're probably on your cruise right now. As I look at my window and watch falling snow, it is safe to say that I am jealous!

@mrstal: how are you doing? Feeling a little more positive about things?

Any other updates from people? I was going to make up a list, but there's not a lot of info for this week. I hope everyone is hanging in there.

15. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Happygal: hey how are you feeling? I can totally relate to the bloat, I had it after my egg retrieval last week. I kept rubbing my bloat belly without realizing I was doing it, LOL! Good thing I was home and not at work.

16. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Shutterbug: I'm good! Slow, but good. I can't stand up really fast b/c it hurts, and I run out of steam faster than I normally do. How are you?! Is this cycle feeling different than the last one?

17. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Happygal: I'm doing ok. Not feeling great about things since this was basically our last cycle of treatment for a while but we will see what happens. I'm glad to see you are doing ok! Sorry about your swelly belly tho, I hope the bloat goes away soon for you

18. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Happygal: No real update for me, I'm almost done with my first clomid cycle (150 mg). A part of me is happy that I'm not feeling the side effects that I've heard can occur with clomid but the other part of me is concerned that it may mean the meds are not working. I went back to my calendar from 2012 and started counting, it's been 16 months of trying already and next month will actually be 17 months. I'm starting to feel discouraged again. Not sure if its the hormones, but every once in awhile hope fades away and it becomes difficult to try to smile and be polite when people ask about whether or not we are planning for kids. OR if I even hear another person tell me to "just relax," I feel like I want to scream at them. When I try to explain that I have anovulatory cycles, people still say, "oh you should just relax" or "don't think too much or work too hard."

19. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@MrsTal: you're around 5 dpo, correct? I'm sorry you aren't feeling hopeful about this cycle. I've definitely had cycles where I had little hope and it can be depressing. Is work still keeping you busy? How is your DH doing?

@LazyPanda: I took the lowest dose of Clomid, but I didn't have very strong side effects. I think some people do really well on it! I know it's hard not to read into all the symptoms, or lack thereof. I'm sorry to hear you're also feeling down. Writing out the number for how long you've been trying can be jarring.

I have this self-help infertility book that gives the advice to have answers prepared for those types of statements and questions from others. I think it's been helpful. A simple question like, "Do you have children?" threw me for a major loop a few weeks ago at church, and I now have a response prepared for next time that happens--somehow, that makes me feel better.

20. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Happygal: I am 5 dpo. Work is keeping my mind off things and prepping for our cruise (16 days, not that I'm counting down or anything lol). DH is...I don't know, he ranges between depressed, angry, and fine. He's ready for a break next month and to just relax on our vacation. I think he thinks that we might get pregnant on the cruise if this IUI doesn't work.

I remember you mentioning that workbook before but I can't remember the title what is it?

@lazypanda: people suck. Just relax is the worst to hear. But just because you aren't feeling the side effects doesn't mean it's not working. And keep in mind the down feeling itself can be a side effect, I am definitely more anxious and down on clomid.

21. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@happygal: @mrstal: Thank you. I just needed to vent some of my frustration. I used to journal & throughout this TTC process, it's hard not to notice how I was an upbeat person at the beginning of this journey. I know that there are many more out there who have been on the road much longer & sometimes wonder how they are able to remain positive. I've been trying to write out things that I'm glad for as a way to keep myself in a positive space. Thankfully, I'll have my girls trip as a distraction & a few of my friends are aware of how I've been feeling with the infertility diagnosis.

22. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@babycanuck: I think you might need to reframe things with your husband. "Unexplained" does not mean "No issues", it just means that the current science can't explain why. Hopefully you can reframe it in a way that makes sense to him, because trying the same thing and expecting different results is just going to be frustrating to both of you!

23. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: I think I may talk to the new RE when I get to see her if she can give me a small dose of something like fermera. He is willing to try the BD more often but he just won't ever get it. He has no idea how to deal with me when AF shows and I cry because I'm not KU. I may take a small break from HB to try and not think about things so much.

24. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@babycanuck: I do understand about maybe needing a break, but I think you'd feel less sad if he could find a little more empathy for how you are feeling. Big hug!

25. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@MrsTal: It's called "The Infertility Workbook: A Mind-Body Program to Enhance Fertility, Reduce Stress, and Maintain Emotional Balance." It's a little woowoo/out-there at some points, but I've really liked it. It's hard for me to remember that all of this IF stuff affects our spouses as well. After our failed IUI, it was truthfully the first time I asked my husband, "How do you feel?" I imagine that a male factor issue can take a hit on the ego as well; I know I held my breath when we got our results back and they shared the info about my husband's numbers. You guys are ready for a break and I think your time will be glorious together!

@lazypanda: of course--vent it out, friend! I've kept a TWW/TCC journal along the way. In the beginning I documented every symptom and was definitely enthusiastic. I've lost the enthusiasm, but I'm trying to regain some optimism.

26. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@babycanuck: Ugh. I'm so, so sorry! It's true that unexplained doesn't mean there's NOT an issue, just that it hasn't been found. It could be immunity issues or even something super random and difficult to determine like a very small cervix! I hope he is able to come around, but I totally understand needing a break. We'd miss you!

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Posted to 3/27 check-in thread instead

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee