Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 6/12

1. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@Sunshine1810: I hope you are able to freeze some others! Two 8 cell's are great!! How are you feeling today? I can only imagine how hard it is to concentrate! Time probably seems like it is dragging now. Just a few more days.

@PurplePumps: That's great you have a new plan in place! IVF is actually fascinating. My husband and I find all of it so interesting. The pictures you get of the embryos are amazing! I hope you don't need to go that route, but if you do, you'll have lots of support from fellow IVFers here!

2. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@PurplePumps: That's really amazing both that your DH is on board with IVF AND that insurance will cover one round! Yay! If insurance covered IVF I'm pretty sure we would have tried it a long time ago. What a blessing! Good luck and hopefully you won't need it!

3. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@PurplePumps: That's fantastic news!

@Sunshine1810: Thinking of you! How is little Isis doing, now that she's home with you and DH?

4. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

BFP
    Faithfertility: Due Date 12/17, saw heartbeat 5/1!
    LittleK
    Bhbee: saw heartbeat 5/22!
    Catchafallingstar: due date 1/15/15
    EmilyE: BFP 5/12, saw sac on 5/20, beta #1: 79, beta #2: 226, beta#3
    TheReelDeal: BFP
    Happygal: BFP 5/15 beta #1: 36, beta #2: 238
    PastaAndPotato: BFP beta #1: 9.4, beta #2: 151, beta #3: 456!
    Snowdrop
    MrsTal: EDD: 2/7, Beta#1: 26, Beta #2: 89

Hanging Out
    Mrs. Polish: 6 month wait list for new doctor
    Septca
    Kelli_Deluxe
    LindsayInNY: TTC "unmedicated" cycle
    TheSwissWifeStyle
    Mrs. Piñata: using some essential oils and Vitex; seeing chiropractor and Naturopath; taking break for a few months
    Leialou
    doxielove
    lazypanda

TWW
    bluestripedbee: Femara, IUI #4 (2 b2b IUIs, IUI 1: 6/5, IUI 2: 6/6), beta #1: 6/19
    Kelli_Deluxe
    LindsayInNY
    Sunshine1810: transferred two beautiful embryos (stick embies!)

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    alohaorchid: new RE appt in June
    MrsWin: unmedicated cycle, then starting BCP for IVF in July
    Jenn23: IVF in late July
    owlteach: successful lap on 5/22
    FliegepilzHut: starting injections for IVF 6/11 (for a projected 6/30 - 7/3 ER)
    Mrs. Bunchy: HSG 6/18
    Boopers: will be taking pregnitude and getting cd3 and cd22 bloodwork
    CupQuakeWalk: starting month 1 of new plan - Synthroid, clomid, estrogen, monitoring and TI
    MrsMcd: may try 3 rounds of clomid with TI
    GreenThumb: IVF transfer 7/15
    Shutterbug: waiting for results
    Just_Ju: moving onto IVF in the fall (yay insurance!)
    Macintosh: DH is having a micro-TESE procedure on 6/19
    PurplePumps: Letrozole cycle

Life & Updates
    BhBee: new house, new car, and new life in Texas
    alohaorchid: brand new house being built, new job?
    doxielove: paid off high interest student loan; obtained CMA!
    Warbler: looking for new job
    LindsayinNY: new job! family vacation in July!
    Sunshine1810: new golden puppy Isis!
    Boopers: new job!
    Kelli_Deluxe: approved to transfer housing!
    FaithFertility: graduated from RE clinic!
    TheSwissWifeStyle: getting new tattoo of koi and lotus
    owlteach: Europe 2016 with students
    Macintosh: bought a house and moving in July!
    lazypanda: Hawaii trip
    Mrs.Bunchy: new SUV
    PurplePumps: Florida trip

5. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@mrs bunchy: good luck with tomorrow's HSG!

@PurplePumps: yay for insurance covering IVF! Hopefully you won't need it but always nice to have good news and a plan!

@FliegepilzHut: thanks lady! just a few more weeks before your IVF! how are the injections going?

AF arrived in full force today so I decided to eat beef carpaccio and DH bought our wedding wine, he also went and purchased 4 jars of pickles for me, in case I start having pickle cravings at the end of this cycle.

My three positives:
    1. wedding wine…enough said.
    2. no need to worry about AF while in HI and if my body got tricked into working correctly and I follow the pattern of the past 3 medicated cycles, my fertile period should be happening while we're on vacation.
    3. DH is pouring me a glass of our wedding wine as I type.

6. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

So I POAS yesterday (12 DPO) and it was
    I've felt almost no symptoms this TWW. Tomorrow is my blood test. Wonder what they will see. On the positive side, I should be excited to get my first beta. Maybe they'll be able to see what went wrong this cycle.

Also, I paid for 3 IUIs at the cost of 2. So I have 2 more chances. Hoping one of these IUIs work for us.

7. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@lazypanda: Boo for AF! But yay for wine and a hoping for a hawaii vacation baby for you!!

@bluestriped bee: Bummer for the BFN. FX for your next IUI. I've never gone through with the beta test since I just wait for AF, but what kind of info can they gather from that? Maybe I shouldn't have been skipping them...?

8. BSB

@PurplePumps: They said they can see my HCG levels. That's what my nurse said when I asked. I guess to see if I'm having a chemical pregnancy or something. If I'm not pregnant, will my HCG levels be 0 or just really low? I have no idea.

9. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@bluestriped bee: under 5 is considered negative, but anything over zero on 14dpo should indicate that something tried to implant. My betas have always been zero.

10. BSB

@Shutterbug: Ah, cool. Thanks.

11. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@Shutterbug: That sounds like good info to go have!! I feel like the doctor should have shared that sort of info with me instead of just saying blood test to see if I'm pregnant. Now I wish I hadn't been skipping that. ugh.

12. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Jenn23: Me too! I feel pretty good! It definitely feels like my days are dragging though. I kept checking and thinking "ugh, only Wednesday???"

@FliegepilzHut: She's not home yet. We pick her up on Monday, 6/23. I can't wait! Just another reason to feel like time is dragging right now! I am taking vacation next week to be home with her. I am glad that I will get my beta results when I am not at work. That will be much easier to deal with.

@lazypanda: I am so excited for you that you are going to Hawaii! That sounds amazing! That's great that your fertile window happens during your vacation...Hawaii baby??

@bluestriped bee: FX for your upcoming cycles!!!!

13. TTCbabyP

coffee bean / 33 posts

Hi, I'm new here this week and am pretty sure AF will be here any minute I have PCOS and my Dr and I believe I have endo as well. I know that it can only be confirmed through surgery, but he is trying to wait to do that so we can't officially confirm it, I guess. His plan was to try to get me to ovulate with Clomid, get me pg and then see if the pregnancy would get rid of the endo. He said if after giving birth, the endo is still there, then at that point we could do the surgery. I originally liked that plan, but my periods are so horrible, that I'm thinking that I might just ask to go ahead and have the laparoscopy so that I can get some relief while we wait to get pg. I'm a photographer and somehow AF always sneaks around weddings that I'm shooting or comes when I travel for shoots. My husband and I work together and we've had to spend so much money paying people to cover me at shoots with him. I hate that, I hate the anxiety over it, and I hate that not only do I have to see a BFN, I have to almost die for the next couple of days. Today is cd29 and I can range from 28 day cycles to 36 days. I POAS this morning and it was a BFN, but now AF is just taking forever to show up. My concern at the moment is that I have an US tmrw for them to check my ovaries, but my Dr won't get the results until next week and my appt with him is on Wednesday. If I start AF today, I would need to start my 2nd round of Clomid this Sunday, but I won't be able to do that since my Dr won't have seen my US results yet. Do any of you girls have advice? I'm bummed that I'm not pg this month, but I think I'm mainly being brought down by this whole combo and not just the BFN. I also want to start finding a doula now since I've read that some will help you with pre-conception as well. Has anyone used a doula before they were pg? Thanks SO much! I have really lovedddd reading the posts here and this community! I haven't found any other place out there like this I hope you all are having smooth weeks and feeling good!

14. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@TTCbabyP: Welcome!! Are you able to leave a message with your doctor's nurse RE: the clomid? I know some like to start cd3 and others cd5, so maybe if you explain the timeframe to the nurse, they can figure something out.

@bluestriped bee: Hugs! Your post seems optimistic about what's to come, and I hope you aren't feeling too terribly down. Hopefully the beta will give answers, and if not, you can move right along to #2

AF arrived like CLOCKWORK on Sunday; if nothing else my body wastes no time getting back in sync, which is a plus.

15. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@lazypanda: Wine! Yummmm! I'm glad Hawaii will be AF free

16. BSB

@TTCbabyP: Welcome to the IF boards! I have only been on clomid once and that was for a clomid challenge (it wasn't for an IUI cycle, it was just for diagnositic testing).

@Kelli_Deluxe: I'm trying to be optimistic but this will actually be IUI #5 for us... but IUI #2 if I restart the count because I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I think the doubt is starting to set in that the IUIs might not work.

17. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@bluestriped bee: Ack, I'm sorry. I forgot about your others Do you trigger shot? I can't remember.... And do you guys bd in conjunction with having an iui?

18. BSB

@Kelli_Deluxe: Yup, trigger and femera. We do back to back inseminations and try to BD if possible.

19. TTCbabyP

coffee bean / 33 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I called a little after posting this and after explaining my question to the nurse a few times lol, she said to call her on Friday and that they may be able to review everything and refill my rx so I can start on time! Now I just need my body to not die tomorrow so I can make it to the US appt lol

20. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@TTCbabyP: Welcome! I hope your stay is brief but you are definitely most welcome. I would echo @Kelli_Deluxe's suggestion of contacting the RE nurses, sometimes they will be able to get an answer more readily than trying to reach your RE. I have only met my RE once with 3 phone consults in the 6 months that I have been under his care, I've had more interaction with the nurses and Nurse Practitioners! I also hate how IF screws up our life plans/work schedules with all the different time sensitive appointments.

@bluestriped bee: yay that you have 2 more included IUI tries! Hopefully the next one will take if tomorrow's beta doesn't yield positive results.

@Macintosh: good luck to your DH with his Microteese procedure tomorrow!

@Mrs. Bunchy: yay for a great HSG experience! Dr. Google has shown me that some women find an increase in their fertility in the 3 months following their HSG, so maybe you'll be one of those lucky ones and won't need additional treatments?

@PurplePumps: @Sunshine1810: @Kelli_Deluxe: the wine was good last night, although it may have contributed to some of my mini rant last night. I'm hopeful that my body will be tricked into thinking that it ovulates so that I can try for a vacation baby on an unmedicated cycle.

So the RE nurse called me today after my email to them yesterday about AF and she actually consulted with another RE in the clinic who reviewed my file and suggested that I schedule an HSG to make sure everything is clear. The only appt they had available which will fit the criteria of having it before CD 12 and after AF is on 6/24 in the middle of the day since we leave for Hawaii the middle of next week! Arghh! On top of that, I was unable to reschedule a meeting I facilitate so now I have to find someone who might be able to help me out. I'm the only person in my position so it kinda sucks, on one hand I have job security, on the other hand, things like this make it increasingly difficult to take the time off when IF appts are so date specific. If I can't find anyone, I'll have to wait until the next cycle to schedule the HSG. I have a WTF consult with my RE scheduled for 7/3 to go over the results of the HSG and to talk about next steps which possibly could be injectables.

21. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

Would someone else be interested in taking over starting the thread for a few weeks?

22. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@lazypanda: Argh... I really hope that you can get someone to cover for you and can then have a wonderful va-cay with DH! My injections are going well! (Not bad at all, actually...but so far there's only one of them and it's not the IM progesterone.). May be starting stims in 2 more days!

@bluestriped bee: I hope you get some good information! FX that 1 or 2 more cycles is all it takes for you to get your BFP!

@Sunshine1810: I bet the days will fly by once you have a puppy to cuddle... What are you doing to keep busy? And what day is your beta (14 DPT?)?

@TTCbabyP: Good news! for your cycle!

23. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Leialou: I wouldn't mind starting for a couple of weeks. Do you just need a break for a little while? ( )

24. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: That is definitely a positive! !!!

25. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@lazypanda: I hope Dr google is right !! I of course immediately went to google after my HSG to check out info on my arcuate uterus. From what I have found- it's not a big game changer is my infertility. Now if it was more "horned" I would have a different story.

Thx much for your support!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee