Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2020 Mamas!

1. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Baby Cameron (“Cam”) arrived today at 8:09 a.m. I woke up at 3:20 a.m. to pee and all the sudden started bleeding. I was also having contractions but the bleeding completely freaked me out as I’d already lost my mucus plug a week ago and this bleeding wasn’t mucusy. I hopped in a lyft and headed to the hospital while my husband waited for my parents to arrive and take over with my two bigger kids. I guess the blood was the “bloody show” and baby was healthy. He was out in a matter of hours (initially sunnyside up but the doc was able to flip him). I had retained placenta last time at delivery so I was super relieved that the whole thing came out intact. All in all, it was a great childbirth experience. I’m a little bummed that my big kids can’t visit because of the flu restrictions in place (went into effect in December and unrelated to the coronavirus) but looking forward to getting home in a day or so. Good luck everyone!

2. beckysue

cherry / 186 posts

Henry arrived at 450pm yesterday weighing in at 8lb 6oz.

Overall it was a great birth experience considering I was nervous about being induced. The only hiccup was getting my epidural, the first try was not successful but the second was perfect. I only pushed for 5 min.

We should be going home in the next couple of hours as long as Henry passes all his 24 hr tests. ❤

3. beckysue

cherry / 186 posts

@Shantuck: Congratulations!!

We were lucky my daughter came to meet Henry yesterday. They started restricting children 5 and under in the labor and delivery ward today.

4. beckysue

cherry / 186 posts

@Mrs Lavender: Thanks!! It was overall a great birth experience.

5. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@beckysue: Aw, how cute, congrats! Love hearing you had a great birth experience!

@Shantuck: So glad you also had a great birth experience! Jealous you lost your mucous plug a week ago. I look in the toilet every morning and hope to see it. lol

6. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Mrs Lavender: Mine came out the day I agreed to do the cervical check during the 38th week. I’m pretty sure the two events were linked.

7. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

How is everyone handing extended family visiting after brith during Covid-19? I originally told family we'd like to wait a week for a visit but now I'm thinking longer. I know for a fact some family members are not taking the social quarantine seriously.

8. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@Shantuck: Humm... I'm tempted to do my first cervical check at my next appointment. I'll be 39w5d. Since they will be already in there, maybe I'll have them do a sweep too if possible?! I keep going back and fourth on what I want.

9. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@Mrs Lavender: we decided today to not have any visitors for atleast 2 weeks once baby is home. Our hospital has already banned all visitors and you are allowed one support person. If your support person leaves they can't come back. My parents are watching our 2 older kids and they live on our street so we see them daily. They will be our only contact outside of our nuclear family.

10. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@Phillybaby2013: That seems reasonable to me. We decide last night to push back visitors to 2 weeks and after that we will reassess the situation. We are not the only ones who have been waiting years for this baby. It just sucks.

11. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

Met with my midwife today, 39w5d. We decided to check where I'm at, 2-2.5 cm dilated and thinned out to around 80%. I decided to go for my first sweep! Let's see how the next 24 hours go...

12. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

Welp, still pregnant, 24 hours later.... Just crampy and occasional BH. If I'm still pregnant next week, I'll do another sweep.

Anyone else have an update?!

13. msredbeansandrice

coffee bean / 37 posts

@Mrs Lavender: still pregnant. Induction scheduled for Sunday. I’m having prodromal labor which really sucks. My hospital now allows only one visitor and they can’t leave once they arrive. Not even to go to the cafeteria. He’ll have to wear a surgical mask the whole time. We’ve also been told to bring our own food just in case. This is completely messed up.

14. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@msredbeansandrice: It's Sunday! Thinking of you! Our hospital has the same rules, I understand but it is so sad. I hope you have a positive experience despite corona.

15. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

40w2d, still pregnant. I lost my mucus plug though!

16. msredbeansandrice

coffee bean / 37 posts

@Mrs Lavender: I’m at the hospital. They put me on pitocin about 30 minutes ago. So far so good. I haven’t had the epidural yet but I do plan to get one. So excited to meet baby boy!

17. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@msredbeansandrice: Any update?! Hope you have that beautiful baby in your arms now!

18. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Mrs Lavender: yeah! Progress! Keep us updated!

19. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@msredbeansandrice: I want to know too! Check in when you can! Hope all went well!

20. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

Ugghhh... still pregnant. Baby girl passed the fetal stress test today and I had my second sweep. Closer to 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced. Had a little bloody show a couple hours after it only slight period like cramps. If no baby by Friday, I’ll have to get an US to check my fluid and I’ll prob get my third sweep. Starting to get emotional about all of this... I just want her here.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee