Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2020 Mamas!

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs Lavender: it went well for the most part. I was worried at first because it was taking so long, but turns out it was a combination of a wiggly baby and a new tech. She does have an EIF on her heart, but my doctor said it's nothing to worry about. All her other measurements were great, she's measuring ahead like her brother in long bones and head circumference. She was weighing in at 1 lb 1 oz

2. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Baby looked great on my scan on Tuesday but the doctor told me I have partial placenta previa and that if the placenta doesn’t move up at least 1-2 cm on its own, then I will need a c-section at 36 or 37 weeks. Ugh. I’ve had two vaginal births and am really hoping to avoid a c-section this time. The good news is that I had suspected placenta accreta last time (essentially not all of my placenta came out at delivery last time and proceeded to dislodge in its own over a 6 month period). They did not see any signs of accreta at this scan but they did note that the previa increases my risk of accreta. I’m now on pelvic rest until this resolves so no working out, no sex, and no travel after 24 weeks. Sigh. Im glad the baby is ok but why can’t I just have a normal placenta (especially after all my issues last time)?

3. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@Shantuck: Checking in on you! How are you doing on pelvic rest? Any updates?

4. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Mrs Lavender: I'm doing ok. Thanks for checking. I'm frustrated to not be able to work out and worried about gaining more weight than I want to if I can't really be active but just trying to take things one day at a time. How are things going for you?

5. msredbeansandrice

coffee bean / 37 posts

How is everyone doing?

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@msredbeansandrice: surviving

It's really weird to have a "normal" pregnancy without the extra appointments at this point. It makes me worry that something is wrong and we just missed it this time.

Sleeping or lack of is the worst part for now, but tying my shoes on my own isn't going to last much longer either 😂. Still brainstorming nursery/shared bedroom ideas. 12 weeks seems so close and so far away that I have no motivation.

How's it going for you?

7. msredbeansandrice

coffee bean / 37 posts

@Sams Mom: same! I’m so much more tired this go around. (DD is 3). I feel fine physically except I have vulvar varicosities and they are very uncomfortable at times. I’m 24 weeks and I’ve gained about 10 lbs so I guess it makes sense that things will start to feel heavy/tough.

I totally get the worrying. It’s so hard to believe it’s real and the baby is healthy. I feel undeserving of this blessing at times.

I’ve done virtually nothing to prepare. We have to figure out how to fit him and a queen bed in our guest room and I just get so nervous to set anything up before 30 weeks. I’m always afraid if I do anything too early, something bad will happy which is just illogical.

8. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@Shantuck: I'd be frustrated too! I can't imagine not being about to work out during pregnancy. Especially with all the yummy holiday foods!

Overall things are going well. I'm starting to get bad side hip pain in my lower back area which has not been fun. Babies heart echo is Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing her again, hope all looks good.

9. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

Anyone have their glucose test done? I go next Friday. If you have had one before, do you fast or eat something high in protein such as an egg before you go?

10. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Mrs Lavender: I hope the heart echo goes well. I had my glucose test on Monday. My doctor's office didn't mention anything about fasting but it occurred to me on Monday night that I might need to so I googled and everything said not to have anything for 8-12 hours before except for sips of water so that is what I did. Ugh, I hate that glucose juice. It gives me such a headache on an empty stomach to chug 50g of sugar so quickly.

11. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@msredbeansandrice: I've done almost nothing to prepare either except for snagging an infant car seat during a Black Friday sale. I actually didn't do much last time with my second and ordered/assembled everything between weeks 36-38. It all came together and I realized with the second kid that you really don't need a whole lot at the beginning other than a car seat (or some other way to get the baby home), a few outfits, and a safe place to put the baby down.

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs Lavender: this is the instructions they tape to your bottle at the appointment before your glucose test. I had a breakfast sandwich at 8 (sausage, egg, and cheese on an English muffin) and had my blood draw at 11. I passed with a 106

13. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks! I'm going at 8:30 in the morning and I definitely would rather not completely fast.

14. beckysue

cherry / 186 posts

@Mrs Lavender: I have my glucose test in 2 weeks and both my Dr's office as well as a health pregnancy program through my work advised not to fast and to eat a protein heavy breakfast. Hope that helps. Good luck!

15. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@beckysue: It does, thanks! I'm planning to do just that! Good luck!

16. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

Anyone else feeling like they are gaining weight too quickly? I'm 24 weeks and weighed in at gaining 20lbs so far. I'm not over eating and I work out 4x a week, mostly spinning. I'm not worried about it per-say, however, I've been reading a lot of posts online where ladies have gained much less than where I am at. First baby, so I had no idea I'd gain this much by 24 weeks. Kinda nervous I'm going to blow up with all the holiday foods!

Edit: My pre pregnancy BMI was in the normal-lower range, and I'm on the taller side.

17. msredbeansandrice

coffee bean / 37 posts

@Mrs Lavender: I do worry about it from time to time. I’m up about 11-12 at almost 25 weeks, but in my experience everyone gains at a different rate and pattern. Last time I gained everything in the 2nd trimester. And this one is shaping up to be the same. Even though I exercise way less now and started at a lower weight (I’m 5’7” 135 prepreg). For example, last time I gained only 5-6 lbs in the 3rd because I just wasn’t even hungry. As long as you’re healthy and it certainly seems like it, You’re good. I’d only worry if you start swelling or gain like 5lbs in a week.

Eta: everyone’s bodies are different too. I was a low-ish gainer last time (23 lbs). I’m expecting to gain more this go around. (Older,less intense exercise) But I’ve had healthy active friends gain 40 lbs. sometimes that’s just what the body wants!

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs Lavender: I think that's pretty normal. I want to say my doctor told me last time as long as I'm averaging out to about a lb per week gestation I was ok.

Right now I'm almost 28 weeks and up probably 12-14 lbs BUT I anticipate much more in my third tri. I'm hoping I don't gain like I did last time (polyhydraminos was the main culprit), but I also don't know what my "normal" would be. Last pregnancy I gained about 20 lbs by 30 weeks, but by 39 I was up 85 lbs total.

As long as you're not jumping up randomly in fundal height, and not swelling everywhere, you should be ok.

19. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@msredbeansandrice: @Sams Mom: Wow. You both have gained much less than me so far. I think I may be gaining quicker because I counted my macros and watched my calorie intake before I got pregnant. I'm not doing either of those, but eating based on hunger. I was at my lowest weight right before I got pregnant, which was not maintainable without really watching what goes in my mouth. I've always gained quickly and have had issues with body image. Trying not to let this bother me but it does give me a little anxiety. Thank you both for your insight!

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs Lavender: I could stand to live off the fat of the land for a while this time pre pregnancy. I was honestly hoping that I would gain nothing this time and just convert fat to baby. Although I lost 100 lbs in 6 months after my son, I found some of those lbs again.

Don't worry at all! I know it's hard especially when you worked so hard to get where you were pre baby.

21. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

I passed my glucose test with a score of 79! Woot Woot! I was sooo worried about it!

22. msredbeansandrice

coffee bean / 37 posts

@Mrs Lavender: congrats!!! I passed mine a couple weeks back too. (After failing an early one hour one at about 14 weeks-my PCOS puts me at higher risk).

How are you feeling otherwise?

23. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@msredbeansandrice: Thank you! Overall I’m feeling good. The fatigue is starting to creep back in and I’m finding I don’t have much of a filter these days. I normally bite my tongue to avoid family drama, but I’m tired of staying quite. Holiday family get togethers should be interesting this year. lol

24. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I have a good update! My placenta previa has corrected itself and now I only have a low lying placenta. If the placenta moves another 1 cm then I'll be entirely in the clear and can plan for another vaginal birth. Also, my pelvic rest retrictions are now lifted so I can exercise, travel, etc. again. Woo hoo!

25. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@Shantuck: Fantastic news! 1 cm... such a small amount to move to be in the clear. Crossing my fingers for you!

26. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I’m curious as to whether anyone plans to reuse a crib mattress that was used with another child. With my second, I ended up getting a new mattress because we had gotten a cheapie one with my first and I’d read that it wasn’t safe to reuse since you want the mattress to be firm for sleep safety purposes. We ended up getting a really nice pricey mattress when my second was maybe 6 weeks old. Now that #3 is on the way and I already have a nice, pricey crib mattress, would you buy a new mattress so that firmness isn’t compromised or is my existing one ok to reuse?

27. beckysue

cherry / 186 posts

@Shantuck: Great news! I hope that your placenta moves that last little bit and you are cleared for a vaginal birth.

We are using the same mattress that we used for my now 5 yo. But, she literally slept on it twice because I fell into cosleeping I am hoping to establish better sleep habits with this baby. LOL, time will tell.

28. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

How was everyone's holiday?

I'm on day 4 with having wicked sinus congestion. I was doing so well not getting sick! It's horrible but could be worse. I have no fever or sore throat, thank god. I took Mucinex yesterday but skipped it today. I feel guilty about taking medication and worry about feeling crappy while pregnant. The Neti Pot seems to be helping but my sleep sucks and it's so hard to breath. Baby seems fine, moving around like crazy.

This may seem like a weird question but.. FTM. How often do you change a newborn's clothes? How many onesies/sleepers do you normally go through per day? If they don't spit up or poop on their clothes, can you reuse the outfit the next day? Or is that gross? I have no idea what to expect and I'm trying to figure out roughly how many outfits I should have on hand without doing laundry everyday... or will I have to?

29. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

Just popping in to say, hi March mamas. How's everyone doing?

30. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Mrs Lavender: All good over here. 33 weeks now and headed on a mini-babymoon this weekend. How are you hanging in there? Just saw your post about how much to buy I terms of baby clothes. I don’t think my babies ever were able to wear something all day (much less two days) without somehow spitting up or having a blowout. I’d plan on a couple outfit changes per day and lots of laundry.

31. Mrs Lavender

apricot / 302 posts

@Shantuck: Have lots of fun! Where are you going? We went on our mini babymoon last weekend. I did not want to fly and we planned this last minute, so we decided on this fancy hotel and spa a coupe of hours away from us. It was glorious and sooo relaxing! RE: outfit changes, your comment was helpful, thanks!

Overall I'm really good. We had a scare a couple weeks ago where the MFM doctor thought she saw a tumor or mass next to the babies heart. I was super stressed. I got a fetal MRI and it turns out it was just Thymus tissue, slightly thicker than the average - all is good! Babies heart is beating like it should and breathing is great.

32. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Mrs Lavender: How stressful! What a relief that everything is looking good. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing from here on out.

We're headed to Austin for a very quick trip. Winter in Chicago hasn't really been too bad (yet) but we're looking forward to milder weather and some kid free time.

33. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Just wondering how everyone is doing. Some of us are starting to get pretty close to our due dates. I'm 35 weeks and starting to get pretty uncomfortable. How is everyone else holding up?

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Shantuck: I'm scheduled for February 25, but an waiting at my appointment now and plan to beg for an earlier c section

35. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Sams Mom: How exciting! I am going to be induced at 39 weeks (unless baby comes sooner), which will be the week of March 9th. I'm trying to make it as long as possible with baby on the inside but that is mostly because I want my leave to run until my elementary school son finishes up his school year. Being old though (turned 40 a couple of months ago), my OB's office wants this baby out before I hit my due date.

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Shantuck: measuring 42 weeks at 37+2, but no medical reason to go earlier than 39 weeks. 😭

37. beckysue

cherry / 186 posts

@Shantuck: I didn’t even give it a thought that they wouldn’t want me to go to term. I am 42
    LOL! My Dr hasn’t mentioned inducing early but I saw another Dr in the practice this week and she did mention it. I really want to go to term if possible because I dont want to go back to work until after the July 4th holiday and I need the time to get things set at work. Ah!

38. msredbeansandrice

coffee bean / 37 posts

@Shantuck: I’m 34 weeks and the pregnancy is going fine, but I’ve had a horrible sinus infection that knocked me on my bum. I’m so ready to feel better.

Pregnancy wise I feel good, my vulvar varicose vein are uncomfortable but not painful. I got some spider veins on my legs that I’m definitely going to have to see someone about but they are just ugly not painful. I feel large (22 lbs gained) but no real back pain and I still move around well. We are currently watching my platelet and if they go down any further I’ll have to get put on prednisone and be induced. This happened with my daughter and so I expect it. Just hoping I make it to 39 weeks!

39. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@beckysue: I switched OB’s midway through this pregnancy but both said that they wanted to induce at 39 weeks because of my age. However, I researched this whole additional risk of stillborn due to age thing and it doesn’t really seem that the risk increases as much as I would have thought given how serious every doctor I’ve talked to makes me think. Maybe your doctor hasn’t had a chance to discuss yet or maybe he/she isn’t as conservative. This is baby #3 for me and my first came on his own at 38 weeks. So who knows - this may all be a moot point.

40. beckysue

cherry / 186 posts

@Shantuck: My Dr is pretty laid back. And so am I. Overall this is a good thing but sometimes I wonder if I should have more questions.

I do have weekly appointments now because of my age so I will ask on Monday what my Dr thinks about going to term. Since my original due date was 3/20 I am hoping they let me go to my new due date of 3/13. If they do that I would be okay with inducing at that point.

Also, like you mentioned, this may be a moot point. There is no guarantee that I will make it that far. I had my 1st at 40 + 2 but every pregnancy is different and I have been much more uncomfortable this pregnancy than last.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee