Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 - Due Date List

1. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

We haven't told anyone yet. I'm just 4 weeks (exactly) today, so we're going to wait until I go for my appointment on the 20th--I'll be 6wks 2days (approx., if all of my dates are right!) then. Once that's done, thennnn we're finally going to tell our parents!

It's the FIRST on my side and my DH's parents have 3 other grandkids from DH's brother/SIL.

No clue how we're going to tell them, probably nothin' too fancy/cute/adorable!

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@T.H.O.U.: We won't tell anyone else before then, but it will be very hard not to tell our parents because we see them all at least once a week, and we want them to know what's going on with me. How soon did you tell them with your daughter?

3. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Mrs. J: We had wanted to wait until out of the first trimester. But I had an U/S at like 7W6D and saw the heartbeat. Then we saw my parents around 8 weeks and we wanted to tell them in person so we did then. We told his parents around 9 weeks, close friends around 10 weeks, and other friends around 12 weeks. I waited to tell work until like 14 weeks I think.

4. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@Mrs. J: We're just inviting them over and telling them casually -- in STRICT confidence and with the understanding that it's really, really early. I normally wouldn't tell them but if we don't then I basically won't get to hang out with any of our friends until we do.

5. mrsmacandcheese

And they would also know if things didn't work out, too, so I'm okay with telling them!

6. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

We told both sets of parents on Saturday, the same day we found out. I also told my best friend and my husband told his brother.

We had to tell them all on the phone (well, FaceTime for the parents) because we don't even live in the same state as any of them. I wish we could have told them in person! Everyone is very excited. First grandbaby on both sides!

We're not telling anyone else for a while; the people we told are ones we would want to know if we had a miscarriage, and they know that we're not telling anybody else. It's already REALLY HARD not to tell our other friends! I'm bursting at the seams!

7. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@DigAPony: I agree!!! DH went out on Saturday with our friends/his sister and her husband/his parents and he almost couldn't contain himself! (I was home sick.)

8. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. J: ooh, I hope not pregnancy sick already!

Tonight a friend popped by unexpectedly and I just know she saw my giant bottle of prenatals sitting on the kitchen table...ugh! She didn't say anything, though, and hopefully she won't say anything to anyone else.

9. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

I'm joining in. I have decided I want my due date to be 11/12/13. My official edd is 11/7 bc lmp was 1/31; however, since my cycles are so long, I think adding 5 days is ok. We will see what the obgyn says abt this. My DH is wondering if I can just choose my edd. Lol - well I am

10. T.H.O.U.

@ChitownRo: welcome!! You totally can choose a due date that you at least want to tell people. Last time my LMP put me at the 18th but by size he changed it to the 14th. I still told everyone else my edd was the 18

THOU - November 3rd
    Digapony - Novermber 6th
    Mrs. J - November 7th
    Ms.JaneDoe - November 11th
    ChiTownRio - November 12th
    MrsDragon - November 14th
    Maysprout TBD

11. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@ChitownRo: Yay, welcome!!

12. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Hi everybody! I'll join in - I think my due date will be Nov 13. I got my BFP yesterday, #2 on the way LO is 14 mos. No symptoms yet but the last time I didn't get a lot of the typical pregnancy symptoms so we'll see.

@DigAPony: My birthday is Nov 6. I think it is a great birthday

@Mrs. J: Our pictures are too much alike, ha ha!

13. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@shellio: haha great minds? Welcome!
    @Chitownro: welcome! Yay Chicago!

14. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@shellio: welcome! i love that this board is growing so quickly
    @Mrs. J: love chicago - even on a snowy day like today. but i'm sure my 5 minute walking commute has a lot to do with that

15. T.H.O.U.

THOU - November 3rd
    Digapony - Novermber 6th
    Mrs. J - November 7th
    Shellio - November 13th
    Maysprout TBD

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@ChitownRo: I've got a snow day today, so that probably helps!

17. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

We haven't told anyone and will likely wait till after first tri. Or longer. We told our parents around 12 weeks with the last one, and most of our friends knew by 15 weeks. It is hard not to tell but also kind of nice to have our own little secret!

18. T.H.O.U.

@ms.janedoe: @shellio: @Mrs. J: @ChitownRo: @DigAPony: @MrsDragon: @maysprout:

When are you guys going to start bump pictures? I think I may start soon because I can already feel the bloating coming on. Should we start a new thread for those?

19. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I was just thinking about that this morning! I can't decide what I want to do with the pictures. What did you do with DD? Once I get dressed today (I am still playing the sickly lounging card), I'll probably take one to be the "before/first" picture, but I don't know if I want to go every week yet or every 2-4 weeks.

Also, I'm torn on having our own thread for bump pictures. Does that seem weirdly exclusive from the other bump thread?

20. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

I took pictures every week the first time around, but haven't done anything with them. I took them with just a sports bra and black pants so I could really see myself growing - but then I realized I didn't want to show them to anyone, ha ha. I really don't mind people seeing my belly skin but I just don't want to make others feel awkward. I think I might try to do every other week this time - with my shirt on

21. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I guess you could say I "started." I did a half/half picture for "3 weeks" , one of my "before" and the other half was a pic of the "pregnant" test. I don't plan on doing another one until 6 weeks I think...then probably weekly after that.

I don't think it'd be awful to have a November thread, too, I'd still post in both. I'm easy though, I'm good with whatever is decided!

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@ChitownRo: I miss the city--we bought a house in the burbs this past summer. I will say I don't miss my old commute!

23. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@ms.janedoe: I'd post in both too, I think!

24. mrsmacandcheese

@ChitownRo: Congrats! I didn't even realize that due date would be a possibility -- that's really fun!

@shellio: Congrats to you too!

@T.H.O.U.: I decided I want a picture a week so I've taken two so far (hit 4 weeks today and I took one at 3 weeks 5 days for fun!). I'm just wearing whatever I have on, though... I don't really want to put my bare belly out there quite yet.

25. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@Mrs. J: I hear you on commuting. We are both lazy and hate commuting so will likely stay down in the city for the foreseeable future. But, ahhh - suburbs -- yard, square footage

We had so little snow downtown. The heat of the cement always melts it Hope you enjoyed your snow day.

@T.H.O.U.: I haven't taken a bump photo yet... or weighed myself to get a baseline. I should do both tomorrow. It's just so crazy that I am growing a baby right now - I literally don't feel different at all

26. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

It's so exciting to see a November 2013 board! I am from the November 2012 board and can't believe how quickly time flies. In fact, it was exactly a year ago today that I got my BFP and started my pregnancy journey. My son was born on November 7th!

Congratulations to you all and wonderful wishes coming your way!

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

So, we told our families this week, and they're over the moon! For Dh's family, we pretended to take a picture, but we were actually taking a video. DH said, "Everyone say Mrs. J is pregnant!" It took a second for it to sink in, but then my MIL started screaming haha. We told my parents at dinner last night, and again, it kind of took a minute. My grandma looked pretty confused!

28. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Mrs. J: Haahahah, love it! Those are some of the best reveals.

29. T.H.O.U.

@Mrs. J: That is so exciting to tell them! I can't wait for my appointment next week and telling family over easter.

30. yin

honeydew / 7917 posts

I just got my BFP yesterday, and my EDD is Nov 2nd. This will be my second LO. My first will be turning 2 in April. I am thrilled to be part of this thread of awesome November mamas. Hope everyone is feeling well this week.

31. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@yin: congrats!!!!

32. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@yin: Congrats!
    My LO is turning 2 at the end of May, I'm hoping 2-1/2 years will be a great spread between the 2 kids.

33. yin

honeydew / 7917 posts

@HLK208: @Maysprout: Thank you! 2.5 years sounds like a good spread to me too. My LO is great with his baby cousin, and I'm hoping he is just as caring with a little baby brother or sister.

34. T.H.O.U.

@yin: welcome!! I have an 18 month old right now too!

Make sure you check out the other Nov '13 threads!

35. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@yin: Congrats, lady!!!

36. mrsmacandcheese

@yin: Yay! Congrats!

37. T.H.O.U.

Yin - November 2nd
    THOU - November 3rd
    Digapony - Novermber 6th
    Mrs. J - November 7th
    Shellio - November 13th
    Maysprout TBD

38. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@yin: Yay! welcome!

39. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

This is the first time I've been back on HB since my missed m/c in July. It was just too hard while we were trying again especially since it took 7 more months, but... I found out a few days ago that I'm pregnant again!!

After a digital BFP and positive blood tests, I'm feeling pretty good! From my calculations, I'm due around Nov. 17. Hoping and praying for a sticky baby this time around!

40. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@lilteacherbee: congratulations! Fingers crossed for you.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee