Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

38 weeks on Friday which is my last day of work. Looking forward to getting this baby show on the road, but mentally preparing myself that I could have up to 4 weeks from then before something actually happens.

All I'm hoping for now is to make it to 39 weeks though, as just found out DH will need to fly across the country for 2 days of meetings early next week. We estimate that if I went into labour he's 8 hours away at a minimum - which is a little nerve-wracking but such is life. So happy to have my sister (her LO just turned 1 last weekend, so she's been through this recently) as the backup in case the action starts when he's away.

Getting more excited to meet this baby every day!

2. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

Lots of exciting updates!!

I had my appointment today and I am still 2 cm dilated but baby's head isn't engaged anymore. Boooo! I'm measuring 40 weeks (I'll be 38 on Friday) so the OB said he'd strip my membranes if he could, but after he checked me he said baby's head is too high. I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't made any progress since last week, but I also know that it doesn't really mean much at this point. I'm just excited to go ahead and meet this baby!!

3. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@hellobeeboston: good luck today if you aren't already at the hospital!

We're definitely going to see some babies here this weekend it seems! October 1st today! I am so excited when I check on here.

4. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@HyattsMom: Hope your baby waits for daddy to come, but it's nice you have someone available.

5. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Goose: thanks! At hospital now, waiting! Not hooked up to anything except baby monitor yet. Having mild contractions already, was up last night with them too!

6. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hellobeeboston: Good luck today!

7. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@hellobeeboston: Good luck today! Could be the first of the October babies born in October!

8. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@hellobeeboston: Good luck today!

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hellobeeboston: good luck!! I know you probably didn't want to be in October but glad to have you with us! Let us know how things go!!

10. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@hellobeeboston: good luck!!

@jodyblair: I didn't think babies could go back up once they were engaged??

11. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jodyblair: I keep telling myself it doesn't mean anything!! I think I was 1cm dilated a couple days before going into labor the first time (but had a long labor.) But it's not allowed to mean anything or I'm gonna lose it! Lol!

Happy October ladies!

12. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

13. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Charm54: popping in to say congrats! 2 girls, awesome

14. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Charm54: She's adorable! Congratulations! That happened to me the first time, I waited too long to ask for the epidural and didn't end up having time!

15. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

congrats, mamas!

Hope to join you soon!

16. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@Charm54: Congrats!

17. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Charm54: congrats!!!! Go mama!

18. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@hellobeeboston: good luck today!

@Charm54: congratulations!

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@hellobeeboston: good luck today!

20. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Charm54: congrats!!! she is beautiful!! Glad you're feeling well & hope you have an easy recovery!

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Charm54: congrats! Love her name!! Glad labor was fast and your feeling good!

22. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Charm54: awww, yay! Congratulations to you and your family.

23. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Charm54: Congratulations! She's just perfect and what a beautiful name.

24. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

hello! I haven't posted much, but i've been following along everyones journey. so exciting!

@Charm54 so beautiful!

I had my 38 week appointment today. Almost 2cm dilated and 70% effaced. Now to get everything ready! (eeek)

25. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Christ!an Ol!ver arrived this morning at 9:51am! Contractions started around midnight and by 5am were getting stronger so we headed to hospital...ended up going med free too, begged for an epi at 8cm but the anesthesiaologist was in an operation and I went from 4-8cm too quickly. Worst pain of my entire life. My water ended up breaking at 9cm and I pushed 5 minutes later and 3 pushes later and he was out. We are so in love!! 😍

26. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: congrats!! She is beautiful!

27. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: eek!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Charm54: congrats!!!!!

Oh my goodness, what a good day for babies!!

28. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@NovBaby1112: Congratulations!!!

29. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Thank you everyone! We are loving the snuggles.

@NovBaby1112: Congrats!!! We have the exact same birth story, haha! Wasn't it awful, unbearable pain?! I honesty didn't think I could do it and broke down when they told me no time for an epi. The pain scared me more than anything. But my water broke all over the doctor as she ran in and the next contraction she was out, lol! Hope you are recovering well, I love his name!

30. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: congratulations!

31. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@NovBaby1112: Congrats!

32. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: We should be next!!!

October 3: charm54 (#2)
    October 5: novbaby1112 (#2)
    October 6: Mrs. Pickle (IF #1) , renee0106 (#1)

33. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: haha yes! Awful pain...I was screaming sooo loud lol.

34. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: Congratulations!

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Congratulations to all you October moms from an October '13 mom!

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NovBaby1112: congrats! Enjoy your snuggles!

It looks like it's baby day. Haha if hubby wasn't in az for the day for work I'd totally be crossing fingers to join you. So over being prego!

37. Mrs. Pickle

@renee0106: I hope so!

I had my 39 week appointment. I haven't made any progress since last week and my blood pressure has jumped up. My doctor scheduled an induction for a week from today because of it. Donor conception pregnancies have a higher rate of preeclampsia so she's being cautious and I'm ok with that! I'll be 40w2d then. If I don't go into labor on my own before then I'll check into L&D on Wednesday night to get things started with cervadil.

38. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Charm54: eee! congrats! love her name! maeve is one of my favorites!
    @NovBaby1112: congrats to you!

so much happening with you ladies earlier in the month! i can't have this girl come out any sooner than october 17th, so i'll be rooting you on from the sidelines!

39. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

Had my 38w appt this morning and all is looking good so far. I've had a few instances of high blood pressure so need to keep an eye on that and any other signs of Pre-E, but no other red flags.

I definitely feel like I'm getting down to the end here now though. When the nurse asked if I was still working and I said that yes, but tomorrow is my last day, her response was "that's good, because if it wasn't I would be telling you that it was going to be your last day." And then the doctor ended the visit with "Ok, we'll see you here again in a week - unless you have a baby by then."

Between their comments and knowing that the carseat is sitting by the front door, things are feeling more and more real by the minute! Just need to hold on one more week until DH gets back from a work trip. I had a premonition a few months ago that baby would be born on the 10th, so maybe that will come true.

40. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: exciting to have a definite end date in sight!!

@HyattsMom: hopefully your blood pressure stays ok!

I have my 38 week appt tomorrow and given all these babies, I'm curious to see if I've made any progress.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee