Let me preface this by saying I'm not a complete idiot. Well, I thought I wasn't. But, apparently, I am. Today in my office at lunch I had a few mins to kill and had a bottle of Big Apple Red OPI nail polish in my purse and thought...what the hell, I'll touch up my toe that had chipped. But that damn thing wouldn't open, no matter how hard I twisted and twisted. So, I recalled an article I read years ago about loosening up stubborn polish bottles. I'd actually done it a few times at home with no incident...so...I zapped it in the microwave. 7 seconds was all it took. There. Was. An. Explosion. I screamed. I opened the microwave...it was a bloody mess. It looked like a murder scene. Holy crap, how am I going to clean this, and quickly?! I grabbed some paper towels to wipe it up and it just smeared and the paper towel stuck to the side of the microwave. There was only one thing left for me to do. Confess. And run to 7-11 where I cleaned them out of all the polish remover. I then spent the next 1.5 hours scrubbing like I'd never scrubbed before. 3 bottles of remover, 2 rolls of paper towels, some sweat and my pride later, it's good as new. I told my co-workers we must never speak of this again.

Anyone else like to share an embarrassing story? Obviously, none of you all would be stupid enough to put nail polish in the microwave at work...but, perhaps something else?