Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Any May 2013 mommies out there?

1. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Ali: oh no, I didnt think of it that way! I will just have to find a better way to hellobee on my phone sneakily at work

2. ParkerHaus

cherry / 181 posts

Just checking in. Any lovely ladies having ultrasounds soon? Our first is in 5 days... I cannot wait!

3. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@ParkerHaus: I'm going in for mine on oct 5th! I'm so excited!

4. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@ParkerHaus: Exciting! I had my first ultrasound on Monday and heard the heartbeat! Hope everything goes well!

5. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

I'm end of May so gonna be a few more weeks before any u/s.. booo. I'm going to be so jealous as you ladies hit your milestones! I do have a doctor's appt on Monday and I'm going to beg him to do a beta test. I'm so paranoid!

Also apparently DH is Team Green. NooooOOoooOOoooo.....

6. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@ParkerHaus: Thanks for checking in

Our appt. is scheduled for Oct. 12th, but I have a feeling I'll at least be calling in beforehand because I've caught a bug that is making me miserable (sore throat, congestion, headache + all my pregnancy symptoms). I had DH google things I could take yesterday and the safest thing he found was honey! I don't even like honey, haha!

@autumnlove: So exciting you heard the heartbeat!!! Can't wait for that

@JoJoGirl: Oh no! By your reaction, I'm assuming you want to find out the gender?

7. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Awesome!! How far along are you again? And no, I was really hoping to find out I'm too much of a planner for that! Plus we are jewish so the thought of not even knowing IF we need to plan a bris until the day I give birth is really terrifying!

8. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@JoJoGirl: I'm 5W2D right now (based on LMP), but the symptoms really just started coming on, so who knows?!

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to not know the gender either, so I can completely relate!

9. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Ooh okay we are super close. I'm 5w1d by LMP but I od late so probably closer to 4w4d. What symptoms are you having?

10. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@JoJoGirl: Oh we are so close! I think I O'd late too, so we're actually probably still close with your new date. Not having a ton of symptoms, because they are minimal, but slight nausea, boob pain, headaches/dizziness (but this could be from the cold) and some exhaustion. We went on a walk last night and I sat on the sidewalk in the middle because I needed a break.. Sort of pathetic!

How about you? Any symptoms yet?

11. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: My boobs are getting really sore in the evenings (but not the morning, which is weird) and I'm starving all the time. I'm so jealous of the ladies who are already getting u/s, I'd love to at least get some bloodwork at my appt Monday so make sure my HCG is doubling. I'm going to be too nervous without any confirmation!

12. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

I've spent so long TTC that I find myself not really knowing anything about pregnancy! Is anyone like that?

I'm researching food, what's ok and what not. Plus I'm drinking a crazy amount of water.

How is everyone feeling? It still feels unreal to me and might until I have an u/s and see the heart beat.

13. lomom

nectarine / 2127 posts

My first appt is tomorrow!! I'm really nervous, I hope I get good news about LO! I'm also just nervous because I've never had a great doctor that I felt I could really trust. I feel like the doctors I've had in the past could only focus on my weight or, before I got married I had a doctor nearly deny me bcp because I wasn't married. Needless to say, these experiences haven't made me super eager to discuss medical issues. I'm hoping this OB is patient and able to foster a satisfactory doctor-patient relationship.

14. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@septemberlove: Good luck at your appt!!!! I have an appt today too but nothing exciting. I'm hoping he can do a beta test just to make sure my hcg is where it should be (5w today). Cannot wait for the first ultrasound. I still need to schedule that appointment.

15. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@septemberlove: @JoJoGirl: Good luck at your appointments ladies!! Let us know how they go

16. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@anniegurumi: Yes! I completely know what you're saying. I felt so educated about TTC, but think there needs to be a forum like "Congrats, you got a BFP, now what?!". I'm learning all there is about what to eat/drink/do, but in terms of the anxiety, un-realness that comes along with it, I could definitely use some help! I'll be happy when we've all had our first U/Ss to show everything is progressing well

17. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: YES that totally resonates!!!! Not so much in what to do because I had been reading about what foods to eat and whatnot, but the TTC "switch" doesn't turn off as easily as I thought! The whole first week I was confused about not charting or using OPKs or figuring out when to BD, that is what I've known for 6 months, this BFP business is all new

18. autumnlove

@septemberlove: @JoJoGirl: Good luck at your appointments!

19. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

EDD: May 23
    How far along?: 6 weeks (? Might be on Wed. IDK!)
    How long TTC: First month TTC, 4th month NTNP
    First child?: Yes!
    First doctor's appointment: Last week just to verify, Oct. 9 for first prenatal
    How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: I am EXHAUSTED. I'm also hungry, If I could lay on the couch all day and eat i'd be soo happy.
    Who have you told?: DH and all immediate family, and HB. Will tell everyone else at 12 weeks.

I'm so new to all of this, I never researched pregnancy, etc. so i'm just kind of winging it!

20. autumnlove

@MrsTiz: Welcome!!!

21. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@MrsTiz: Welcome!! I'm thinking our EDD will be very close since we'll be 6 weeks on Wednesday too!

I did some research on the other threads over the weekend and it seems like most symptoms don't hit full force until 6 weeks, so we'll see how we feel come mid-week! It was driving me bonkers because I was worried that I wasn't feeling that different (aside from being more tired than normal)

22. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsTiz: Welcome!! My EDD based on LMP is also May 23, but I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD20 so that pushes me back to May 27. Either way we are pretty close!

23. lomom

nectarine / 2127 posts

Thanks everyone! It went really well, the doctor sent me for a dating ultrasound, so I got to hear the heartbeat and see my baby! My EDD is slightly later than I guesstimated (based off the day I saw egg white cf) but its 5/16 and I couldn't be more excited about that my grandfather would've been 75 on 5/16/13 and that just makes me so happy, like he's still a part of things, even though he isn't here with us. We were very very very close and it was heart-breaking when he passed away. When I first got my bfp, I broke down thinking about how he wouldn't be there to meet my baby or to teach LO how to fish or drive a boat or taking LO tubing or any of those things. I hope my uncle steps in and does those things some of my best childhood memories were at his house and I hope LO gets to experience some of those things, with my uncle (who is the spitting image of his father!)

24. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@septemberlove: That is so great!!! Sounds like your appointment went well

I love when things seem to just fall into place like your EDD being on your grandpa's birthday. Even if LO doesn't come on that exact date, you get the satisfaction of commemorating your grandpa every time you think about it or share it with others.

25. lomom

nectarine / 2127 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: definitely. And even though I was 8 days late, my mom always tells everyone how I was supposed to be born on my paternal grandfather's birthday. So even 22 years later, we still talk about my other grandpa when my birthday or birth story comes up (he sadly passed when I was very young and I don't have as many memories as I do of my maternal grandfather). What's even crazier is that we got our bfp on my original due date/paternal grandfather's birthday. This LO definitely has some big angels watching out for him/her.

26. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@septemberlove: Nice!! I'm so happy you got to hear the heartbeat!! I am seriously dying for that day

My appointment was pretty uneventful, but my doc did take blood for hcg and progesterone which I am SO RELIEVED about - I feel like I need to hang my hat on *something* to prove to myself this baby is growing. I'll have the results tomorrow by noon and then I can set up my first pre-natal appointment.

27. ParkerHaus

cherry / 181 posts

@anniegurumi: Yep! I went on a book ordering spree last week. I also have been reading daily updates here on Jag's recommendation: http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/first-trimester/6-weeks-2-days.html?detoured=1 just change the week/days to match where you are. Today's is lame but overall I have been liking them.

28. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I actually googled that! "I'm pregnant, now what?" LOL

@septemberlove: Congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm so happy it went well! My appointment has been moved up to this Friday instead of Oct 5! So excited.

@ParkerHaus: Ooooh! Thanks! I'm going to check it out. How have you been feeling? Been thinking of you lots hon. xo

29. MrsHotDog

kiwi / 711 posts

@septemberlove: congrats! That is so exciting.

We are going for our first ultrasound in a couple hours. I am so nervous since all my symptoms faded about a week ago. Well, I still cry over everything so my husband likes to laugh and tell me that I am still a hormonal mess and that everything is okay. I hope and pray that he is right!

30. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsHotDog: Good luck!!! Try not to worry about the symptoms

@ParkerHaus: Love the link! I went on a book ordering spree too. Still feels a little premature but DH insisted.

31. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

How is everyone feeling these days? I had nasty stomach cramping the other night that really worried me, but I think it was just a bad reaction to giving into a McDonald's craving after being really good about eating. I am anxiously awaiting our first appointment 2 weeks from today! Has anyone gotten US pictures yet?

@septemberlove: Glad the appointment went well, and what a sweet sign about your due date--sounds like your grandfather was a very special man.

@JoJoGirl: Glad your appointment went well!

@MrsHotDog: Good luck today!

32. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

This might be TMI but does anyone feel like their cervix is aching? I don't know if it's just from having a pap done yesterday but it's making me a little worried. I worked out this morning and still get a little nervous afterward that I pushed too hard. I have been having cramping in my lower abdomen/uterus since like 6-7DPO but it feels like my cervix hurts now too!

33. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

Thanks everyone! @Mrs. Lovejoy: I believe I will be offically 6 weeks on Wednesday too! I don't know how all of that works, as my DR just said "You are 5 weeks!" last week, but my last period started on a Wednesday? Ahh I have so much to learn.

I agree with 6 weeks start symptoms so far, I moved from our apartment to my parents, from my parents to our new house in a week and felt fine! This week though, don't ask me for anything I am so.effing.tired!

34. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

I also bought a pregnancy journal type book, which i'm SO excited for. It has really great reviews on Amazon so I went for it!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/belly-book-amy-krouse-rosenthal/1101967481

35. autumnlove

@JoJoGirl: Yes, I get the same feeling!

36. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@autumnlove: Oh good, thanks! That's been bugging me all morning!

37. MrsHotDog

kiwi / 711 posts

@JoJoGirl: @maybebaby: thanks for the well wishes this morning!

The appointment went great and we were able to see the baby's heart beat! My doc did an abdominal ultrasound instead of a transvaginal so that was nice. I am also further along than I thought (by almost two weeks!) so my due date is now in April. I can't believe it.

38. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsHotDog: Oh my gosh! Congrats!!! And we'll miss you if you move to the April board

Got fabulous results back on my hcg and progesterone tests from yesterday. Going to call and schedule an OB appt today!

39. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@MrsHotDog: so glad it went well--wow, two weeks! How did they explain that?

40. MrsHotDog

kiwi / 711 posts

@maybebaby: she didn't really say much...she just asked me about my cycle history and I told her that my cycles have actually been longer since I got off of BC a couple months ago. She just said that it was weird since normally that means you ovulate later but then she said ok and kept moving on. She didn't seem concerned or anything. Although, I already googled it when I got home to make sure it isn't a marker of something.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee