Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 Labor Watch!

1. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@MaisyMay: And he's perfect! Congratulations!!! Look forward to hearing the story.

2. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@MaisyMay: congratulations!! He looks like he has a mean set of lungs on him!

3. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MaisyMay: congrats!!

4. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@MaisyMay: Woohoo! Congratulations!

5. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@MaisyMay: congrats!

6. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@MaisyMay: Congratulations! He's perfect!

7. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@MaisyMay: what a handsome big boy!! Congratulations!!! Hope your getting some rest

8. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@MaisyMay: Welcome Samuel! So happy for you! I hope you are not in too much pain.

9. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: congratulations on your little man! Hope you are recovering well and enjoying lots of well deserved snuggles!

10. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Congratulations @MaisyMay:

4/3: BandDmommy:
    4/5: Scurbro: , AMommyThang: BORN 3/28, PoppyGirl15:
    4/6: MaisyMay: BORN 3/31
    4/10: Rinna9: , GwenMarieDC: , Nibygd:
    4/11: mamabolt: ,JH524:
    4/13: auggiefrog:
    4/15: Mrs. Lemon-Lime:
    4/18: MrsRoo: , Canoli:
    4/19: Lauraeva:
    4/20: AKCoffeeBean:, Eieio:
    4/21: Den mom: , PeanutsBaby:
    4/22: AutumnLeaves:
    4/23: JennyLayneAZ:
    4/24: Bloved: , BlueWolverine:
    4/25: Cherrybee:

11. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@MaisyMay: Congrats!

12. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@MaisyMay congratulations! What a sweetheart

13. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

So, story time. Our inducing started at 6 p.m. with us getting to the hospital but no medication introduced until 9. We did 1 round of miso to soften the cervix more and contractions were pretty intense. The dr said no second round but changed her mind when we realized that we hadn't dilated further. This was 230 a.m.

730 a.m. we broke the bag of waters and took some pain meds. 830 things were intense so we did a second round of pain meds and got our epidural underway, but it wasn't fully placed until after 930.

A few minutes after the epidural was in place the doctor brought up concerns over Sam's heart decelerations, happening nearly every contraction. We added oxygen and agreed to just watch things with the idea of either slowing the contractions down or adding fluid back to the cervix. We also discussed c-section risks and signed a consent form just in case. Not 5 minutes after the dr left the room she was back in saying it wasn't good and we were headed for a c-section. The did a check and we were at 8cm, -2 station (high).

A little freaked out, they wheeled me to the OR. When I asked for just a minute with my husband and mom, they said we didn't have time, so it was scary. The OR was about 2 minutes down the hall. As soon as they got us there, they transferred us to the table and did a final internal check. We were 10cm and fully descended! Less than 5 minutes had passed! And the heart beat was stabilized!

In the OR we got to push and were warned about potentially needing a vacuum assist. Nope. 45 minutes of pushing, and not being able to feel ANY of it, and we had a snuggly big boy.

Samuel is our little miracle boy, which we already knew, and this just proves it. There were a lot of prayers being said and wishes being uttered. I have a spinal headache from the epidural, and this boy has been seriously chomping during nursing, but I only have 1 tear that didn't even bleed, and from the time we arrived to baby boy was less than 18 hours. Crazy story for the books.

14. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@MaisyMay: Wow! Sounds like quite a roller coaster! Glad it turned out well and you have a snuggly baby boy to hug and kiss! Enjoy!

15. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@MaisyMay: Wow, what a story! Glad you're both ok.

16. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MaisyMay: wow how scary. So glad for a wonderfully happy ending though! Hope your spinal headache is gone soon!!

17. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@MaisyMay: oh my, what a roller coaster of a labor story! Im so glad everything worked out and your little man is here and perfect! Hope you feel better soon, I've heard spinal headaches are the pits.

18. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@MaisyMay: It sounds like it was a long crazy experience. Happy Samuel is healthy and in your arms now

19. MaisyMay

Pain continued today, very intense, plus lots of musket pain from yesterday. After several hours we decided to do a blood patch at the epidural site. I had to lay flat for 3 hours after that but am feeling unbelievably better. Still dealing with muscle pain but am using hot pads to alleviate that.

20. MaisyMay

@MrsRoo: worst headache I have ever had.

21. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: crazy labor story! So sorry to hear you are in pain. Glad you are feeling better and hope you are getting to enjoy your newborn snuggles.

22. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MaisyMay: that sounds miserable. #1 reason an epi scares me!

23. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Congratulations @mamabolt:

4/3: BandDmommy:
    4/5: Scurbro: , AMommyThang: BORN 3/28 , PoppyGirl15:
    4/6: MaisyMay: BORN 3/31
    4/10: Rinna9: , GwenMarieDC: , Nibygd:
    4/11: mamabolt: BORN 4/3 ,JH524:
    4/13: auggiefrog:
    4/15: Mrs. Lemon-Lime:
    4/18: MrsRoo: , Canoli:
    4/19: Lauraeva:
    4/20: AKCoffeeBean:, Eieio:
    4/21: Den mom: , PeanutsBaby:
    4/22: AutumnLeaves:
    4/23: JennyLayneAZ:
    4/24: Bloved: , BlueWolverine:
    4/25: Cherrybee:

24. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Fingers crossed that this is it, I've been up since 1230 and its 6 am now here. Contractions are averaging 1min 21 s and are 3 min 11s apart according to my app. Haven't woke dh up yet, not feeling like it's hospital time yet. Lost my mucous plug. Update more later.

25. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: exciting stuff!! Hope this is it for you!!

26. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: good luck mama

27. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: so exciting!

28. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: wow! 3 minutes apart and you don't think it's time to go to the hospital? When did your doctor say to come in? Good luck mama, I hope it's for real too! Keep us posted.

29. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: sounds promising! Good luck!

30. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay!!! Good luck and hope you have a speedy l & D!!! You'll have baby in Your arms soon !!!!

31. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Still in triage, I'm only 1 cm but the Dr is being nice and monitoring me for extra long hoping I will make so.easy progress. Walked for a hour that didn't change anything. Still losing mucous plug. Yuck.

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

ok I am in labor and delivery. They offered pitocin and I accepted. Also got the epi. Dr came in to break my water but it already broke earlier on its own. At least my body did one thing lol

33. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: how are you doing?

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@autumnleaves: good now lol the epi wasn't so bad and now I can rest.

35. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay!! Super excited for you to have your baby soon!!

36. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: it's go time!!!

37. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay! Piper will be here soon!

38. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay!! Super exciting!

39. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: exciting news mama!

40. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay! Exciting news!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee