Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016- Gear, Registries, and Nurseries

1. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@ShootingStar: OMG that leading lady one looks like my first training bra! I think I might get the bravado one instead of that, so many people seem to love it. Super glad to see you have an underwire reco, though--underwire is the best. and yeah, I'm not loving my newfound cleavage, either I think for now I'll just get 1 bra in like a month, and then try your second one when I see how alien and huge they get? thxx as always

2. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@LCTBQE: LOL @ it looking like your first training bra! I should've said basically just get one that's stretchy or adjustable .

3. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

I got some from Kohls that I'm loving.

4. T.H.O.U.

If anyone is interested these are half off this morning! I grabbed a 6-9M (my babies are big) one in Cotton.

http://deals.hellobee.com/topic/magic-sleep-suit-sale-50-off-tue-28-june#post-2012650

5. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

Pretty much done!! (except putting pictures in the wall frames )

6. T.H.O.U.

@mrschickpea: I just now saw this! It looks great. I love the basket next to the changing area. We always keep our swaddle blankets within arms reach!

7. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@mrschickpea: details on that basket next to dresser- so stinking cute!!!

8. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: I got it over a year ago from Urban Outfitters! Unfortunately I can't find it online anymore so I think it's sold out It's neat because you can use it for everything, including as a plant stand!

9. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mrschickpea: Ah, I didn't get notified there was anything new to see here. The room looks amazing! Nicely done

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@mrschickpea: That room is amazing!!! I would LOVE to have that basket stand!!!!

Is this the stand but in black? and from the UK?? http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/uk/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=5520339590048&category=STORAGE-EU

11. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@mrschickpea: the room looks beautiful, nice work!

12. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@agold: aw, yes I think it's the same. It came in white, silver and copper here in the US when it was available

13. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@mrschickpea: In the middle basket of your white little stand, it looks like you have some rolled up "blankets." What exactly are those? I've received a lot of those, I think, amongst the hand-me-downs friends have given to me. I could just ask them, but I haven't yet. But what do you do with those little rolled up blankets? They don't seem like actual blankets or swaddlers.

14. T.H.O.U.

@agold: any square fabric can be a swaddle! I love the Muslin blankets because they are thin and have the right amount of stretch. I found the actual "swaddlers" too complicated and too hard to get s good fit.

We also had a muslin blanket on hand for covering for shade and wiping up spit or laying down for a diaper change. Basically indispensable. We use at least one per day.

15. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@agold: all of them are Aden & Anais muslin swaddles I believe! We plan on using them for swaddling, burping, car seat canopies, and everything in between

16. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@T.H.O.U.: agreed on all points! I'm sure I'll be getting more, especially after we meet baby and find out the gender

17. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @mrschickpea: I currently have 7 aden & anais muslin blankets and then about 15 or 20 of the other cotton kinds. Does that seem like a sufficient amount? I feel like the muslin ones are a little fancier and I can't imagine using it to wipe up throw up or whatever unless in a bind. But the other cotton ones seem a little more multi purpose.

18. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: That's a LOT of blankets. At the rate you will end up doing laundry, you'll be just fine

ETA: Like @pwnstar: said, you won't believe what you'll do that you never thought you'd do. I've caught puke with one hand!

19. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@mrschickpea: Your nursery looks beautiful! Such a lovely, serene environment for your LO.

@agold: One of the funniest parts of being a new parent is laughing at yourself (and with your DH) about doing things you swore you never would, situations you didn't imagine/anticipate, etc.

20. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: @pwnstar: I'm laughing right now about the thought of what will happen to cause me to use one of those nice muslin blankets to wipe up something yucky! I really think I'm going to be one of those new moms that gets shocked multiple times a day. I'm still trying to have a nice outlook on how all of this is going to go down. But... I know that time will tell!

21. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@agold: Use them for it! We had a ton that barely ever got used. DH for some reason bought like a million of them. No joke, I have a set in a box I never even opened. Spit up happens, and muslin washes really easily. Better they get some use than just sit there .

22. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@ShootingStar: My husband is oddly obsessed with swaddling blankets, too! He thinks they are a top essential that baby MUST have.

23. T.H.O.U.

I just folded blankets and we have 7-8 muslin (one per day) plus 7 or so fleece/cotton ones that aren't really big enough for a swaddle but could cover a baby or be used as a changing pad or for spit up. And then 2-3 fuzzy warmer blankets.

24. T.H.O.U.

@agold: luckily they do wash nicely. So many times too baby would have a blow out of a diaper leak at a nap time while swaddled. So it wasn't even really by choice but they got dirty/used!

25. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I feel like I have the same set of blankets that you have. And yes.... I'm totally imagining poop getting all over everything!!

Speaking of poop getting on things.... what kind of laundry hamper do you girls have for your baby nurseries? I got some sort of wicker one from land of nod, but the liner I bought to go in it doesn't actually fit. I don't think I want a wicker hamper without a liner because of cleaning concerns. So what kind do you all have and do you have it in or out of the closet??

26. T.H.O.U.

@agold: I always wanted a plastic hamper in case there were small spots of poo or spit up. We just wipe it with a bleach wipe every now and then.

I have the hamper on the left side of the changing table (by the head) and on the right side I have the trash can/diaper genie

27. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: I'd 100% recommend plastic due to the potential wetness of baby's clothes. For my son's room, we've just been using a small square plastic bin from Target. Haven't gotten anything yet for baby girl's room. In the beginning, we just put everything in the bigger laundry basket in our room since we washed everything together.

28. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: I agree about plastic hampers. Do you have "cute" ones? My husband said I can't have all things picture perfect. But I'm not yet giving in on the hamper.

29. T.H.O.U.

@agold: No, we just have a basic white one.

30. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: For my son's room -- holds maybe 3 days of laundry (remember, less frequent changes of outfits), I got this open top plastic bin from Target:

http://www.target.com/p/room-essentials-y-weave-bin-large-black/-/A-14903792

31. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: I like that one!!!!

32. stratosphere

apricot / 329 posts

@LCTBQE: a bit late on this, but I have and love the Bravado bras. I think 36 weeks will prob get you about the right size. My LO came unexpectedly at 37+0 so I didn't have one yet and then my milk came in at 3/4 days pp, and then I went bra shopping about two days after that while I was still engorged. That was a mistake - I only stayed that big for a week or two and then went back to more or less the size I was during late pregnancy. But I am by no means busty (I'm a 32C/34B when not nursing) so I am guessing things may change more radically and perhaps for longer for better endowed ladies.

33. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

We have a wicker hamper with a cloth liner for DS. We never had any problems with things getting gross though. If something got pooped on I washed it right away. We never had much issue with just pee. I got tired of dealing the liner though, so for DD I got a canvas hamper that's treated on the inside so it's wipeable. http://m.landofnod.com/i-think-i-canvas-pink-hamper/s465685

34. T.H.O.U.

Also while talking laundry, we have a bin for kids clothes that sits on top of our washer and then the regular hamper in their room. We found ourselves doing a lot of changes in the living area (which is closer to the laundry room) and just having general dirty burp cloths and stuff so it was nice to have a close spot to be able to toss them into.

35. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@T.H.O.U.: We had something similar in the living room with DS. We had a changing table there and kept a bunch of burp cloths, cloth wipes, and a wet bag for dirty stuff.

36. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@stratosphere: *supremely* helpful reply, thank you for this. I'm about the same size as you, so going to take your advice and get the bravado bra in 3-4 weeks. just curious, do you think two nursing bras total would suffice? I really hate having a lot of stuff.

also aggghhh I can't believe how quickly we're all going to be due!

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LCTBQE: I'd get at least 3 nursing bras b/c there's always the possibility of spit-up and other yucky things landing on it. You'd want an extra available at all times between washes.

38. T.H.O.U.

@LCTBQE: yes I agree having either three bras or two bras and some tanks. You have to be pretty diligent about washing because of the risk of thrush.

39. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: LOVE. Nicely done, mama.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee