Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2013 Mama Appointments

1. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

yay, i have my next appointment scheduled! 5/13 I'm seeing my OB again and doing an u/s to hopefully date the pregnancy! we did an u/s today but it was too early to date because my little sesame seed is SO TINY right now! a little nervous because i think i'm measuring a little behind schedule but hoping all works itself out for the 13th!

2. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@jaypegs: how did your appt go yesterday?

3. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@mrsdoily: Thanks for checking up on me! It was pretty basic, an exam and sometime for questions. However, right before I left, I noticed some red splotches on my breasts, and during the exam, the midwife said I should call if it turned into a full blown rash. Well, I woke up this morning and it was up my chest onto my face, on my back, and down my arms! My mid wife's office was closed, but I got in to see my PCP, and he thinks I have PUPPP! Crazy, I thought that only happened in the third trimester. He said it can happen in the first trimester, but that 9 weeks did seem especially out of the norm. I know that typically it lasts until delivery - he said he didn't think mine would, so I'm crossing my fingers that he wasn't just trying to make me feel better. Will call my midwife on Monday to update her. Thinking I might be outed at work sooner than anticipated, since I don't want anybody to think I'm contagious!

4. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@jaypegs: Booo! I have had friends who have had that and I know it's not always the most comfortable thing! I hope it goes away for you, but glad that the appointment went well!

5. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

So, to update, I called my midwife this am, and she agreed that PUPPP seemed unlikely, and got me an appointment to see the OB. She thinks it's probably viral, and ordered some bloodwork to see if it's any of the ones that could hurt the baby. Meanwhile, she was able to get he heartbeat on the Doppler which was super reassuring, because I've been freaking out about how not fatigued and bloated I've been the past two days! Interestingly, she strongly recommended I get the first trimester screening done (which I was doing anyway) which she does for all mommy-to-be's with a virus in the first trimester. Follow up appointment in two weeks.

6. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

Upcoming Appointments:

@mrscastro: 5/7 - u/s
    @elchalten: 5/7 - u/s
    @walnutems: 5/9- OB + u/s
    @Pirouette: 5/13 - OB + u/s
    @mrsmate: 5/16 u/s + meet w/RE, hopefully released to OB
    @ckbr: 5/16 u/s
    @mrsdoily: 5/17 - Midwife + u/s
    @whatsoniasaid: 5/17
    @jaypegs: 5/20 - OB
    @jaypegs: 5/28 - first trimester screening
    @jaypegs: 6/4 - OB
    @lamariniere: 6/6 - OB (+ u/s?)

Good luck tomorrow @mrscastro and @elchalten!

7. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@jaypegs: yay for h/b on the doppler!!! i don't know anything about PUPPP, but I hope it's just a completely benign virus that has no effect on the baby! when will you get the bloodwork results?

8. elchalten

olive / 64 posts

@jaypegs: Thanks for the update of the upcoming apts! Can't believe that mrscastro and I are next in line to have our first scan. Eeeeekkkkk!!!!

9. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@jaypegs: You can add me on 5/31 for a check up and to hear the heartbeat!

Glad you could hear the heartbeat at your appointment! I hope your doctor figures everything out and baby stays healthy

10. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

I finally made my first appointment-- for this Friday! I think it might just be a urine test to confirm my pregnancy (annoying! As though I haven't take, like...eight) and prescriptions for prenatals and Zofran (I've had enough nausea, thanks). There's a slim chance I'll get to have an ultrasound, but otherwise will probably have to set up another appointment in a week or two.

11. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@sosaysmegan: good luck today! i hope it's more than just a urine test

12. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

Well I just had my first u/s yesterday and dr appointment today. On Monday I have to go and do a bunch of lab work that is required here. With all the blood work that has been done to me this week, I feel like a vampire has been at me.

Calling tomorrow to schedule my next appointment for June 10th.

13. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@Pirouette: 5/13 - OB + u/s
    @Kiki: 5/13- Lab work
    @ameris: 5/31- Heartbeat!!
    @Kiki: 6/10- OB

14. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

Yay, my appointment wasn't just a $40 urine test! Knowing that I was super-anxious, my doc offered an ultrasound...and of course I took her up on it! Of course it didn't look like much, but there's a baby in there-- with a strong heartbeat of about 162 bpm. I'm only about 8 weeks along (tomorrow), but an allowing myself some ever-so-cautious optimism. We'll be back at her office on 5/23 for another ultrasound, and to determine whether my insurance will cover the MaterniT21 test for me (I'm only 29, but have had a previous genetic anomaly).

15. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@sosaysmegan: i'm so glad your appointment went so well! It's finally starting to feel like this is happening for me too after this last appointment. still a while to go before we're in the safe zone, but seeing the hb definitely helps!

I've set up my next two appointments: 6/7 for first tri screening (NT scan) and then 6/10 for my next OB!

16. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@Sosaysmegan: u/s
    @pirouette: 6/7- NT scan
    @pirouette: 6/10- OB

17. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

I have my first OB appt today! and I meet with an RN to go over family history. I will book all my appts today, up to like 30 weeks from here! eek that is so exciting!

18. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

I had my u/s this morning...and all looks well with one little bean! I am also measuring a little ahead so my revised edd is 12/30. Nice to officially join you! My first ob appt is 6/4.

19. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@sosaysmegan: what is the MaterniT21 test!? My insurance told me they don't cover it when I was checking if they cover the NT scan and gave them the codes my DR gave me. She said just make sure its not the MaterniT21 testing that isn't covered! But i can't really find any information on what that even is!?

do any of you other ladies know!?

20. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsmate: yay for officially joining!! CONGRATS!!!

21. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

@babypenguinxo The MaterniT21 is a blood test where fetal DNA is tested for genetic abnormalities. It's way less invasive than CVS or an amnio, but is a relatively new thing and generally not done for women under 35/with no history of genetic abnormalities. I'm nervous that my HMO won't cover it for me, even though I had a trisomy 18 pregnancy last year (which I didn't find out about until after a scary anatomy scan and amnio at 20 weeks).

It's a different test than the usual first and second trimester screens because it's diagnostic (you get a yes/no about certain genetic conditions) rather than giving you simple high/low risk odds.

22. whatsoniasaid

pea / 17 posts

I have my first ultrasound on 05/21! I'm so anxious after having my first prenatal. I got all my bloodwork done. My midwife says my uterus feels different so I take that as a good sign until we actually hear a heartbeat next week?

23. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Updated

@WhatSoniaSaid: 5/21- Ultrasound
    @Sosaysmegan: u/s
    @MrsMate: 6/4- OB
    @MrsDoily: 6/5- Heartbeat!!
    @pirouette: 6/7- NT scan
    @pirouette: 6/10- OB

24. Mrs. WinterWheat

grape / 80 posts

Had my ultrasound! They had quite the hard time getting the little bean to show up on the screen cause apparently my uterus is tipped. Had a great heart beat of 175 and measured only a day ahead of my current EDD of Dec 14. So exciting!!!

25. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@ckbr: Congrats on a great appointment! Glad you could see the little one

26. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@ckbr: yay! sounds like a great appointment! nice strong heartbeat!

27. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

Well, I had an appointment on Friday. My doctor was sure we would be able to hear the heartbeat, but we couldn't. I immediately started to panic on the inside, but my doctor didn't seem to think anything was wrong. She wanted to try again at my next appt in 4 weeks (!!!!), but I asked if there was anything we could do sooner to make sure everything is ok. She referred me for an ultrasound, and I'm currently waiting for them to call and set up the appt.

Not gonna lie - I'm a little freaked out and my little sense of security is gone. BUT, I've been doing a lot of reading, and it seems that 10 weeks (I was exactly 10wks) can be early to hear a heartbeat. I also found out that my mom has a tilted uterus, which can be hereditary, so there's a chance that I have it too. That can hinder hearing a heartbeat. Either way, we'll know for sure by the end of the week. I just hate the waiting part!

28. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@amreis: i just had my second apt last friday also, we did a transvaginal u/s and were able to see the baby's heart and doing tons of flips...then she asked if we wanted to hear the heartbeat on the doppler and of course we said yes, since we still havent heard it...unfortunatley we weren't able to hear it...had it happened in reverse (doppler first then u/s) i think i would have freaked out...she also said it was common to not be able to quiet hear it...she also said she was sure we would be able to hear it at our next apt IN 6 WEEKS...ahhh!!! atleaset we have out NT scan a week from tomorrow...

29. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@amreis: aww i'm sorry you had that scare, but i'm so glad they aren't making you wait 4 weeks!! I hope they schedule you in soon so you can get some peace of mind. i have to say, it's been almost 4 weeks since my last appt and the wait between appts at this stage is torture! to think that i could have had a missed m/c 3 weeks ago and have no idea....just trying to stay positive and you should too! (btw i have a tilted uterus, i never knew that could hinder hearing a h/b but thanks for sharing so i don't freak out if the same happens to me!)

30. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

I had my 1st appt with the OB today...it was actually with the NP who does all the intakes. Got to hear the heartbeat, which was super reassuring! In 2 weeks (6/18) I have an appt w/my OB in the morning then the NT scan in the afternoon.

I feel bad for you ladies who couldn't hear the HB or have to wait several more weeks to see your docs again. However, as an IF grad I feel like I've had enough appts and ultrasounds for a lifetime. After my OB appt I hope I'll only have to go once a month until later in the pregnancy.

31. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

Thanks for the reassuring words, ladies!

We had our ultrasound yesterday, and all is well. I guess I should have just trusted the doctor, but I just needed the reassurance. Our little peanut was moving around so much that the tech was having trouble getting accurate measurements! It's measuring right on schedule at 10w5d, and the heart rate was around 176. I felt SO much better after seeing the pictures and hearing that the heart was beating.

We even got a few pictures and a few short videos!

32. beesknees

cherry / 115 posts

amreis - thats very sweet! amazing how much they can see now with the ultrasounds. When I talk to older ladies they seem to always be amazed that we can see so much now.

I have another appt in two weeks, regular ob check up AND a colposcopy for an abnormal pap. i've had abnormals all throughout my life, but they've been normal since right before baby #1 'til just this last one. I'm nervous, as expected, but hopeful that its just my typical abnormal and follow up comes back ok.

33. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsmate: yay for hearing the heartbeat!

@amreis: yay!!!! so glad everything is ok...cute baby!!

@beesknees: sorry about the abnormal pap...hope everything comes back ok!

34. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@beesknees: I hope everything comes back OK with your pap. I know that even things that are probably fine can seem to be a big deal with it doesn't go right. Hang in there

35. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

I finally had my first appointment today. Yay! The doctor was very nice and I was surprised at how much time he took, I spent nearly an hour with him! After going through all of my medical history and previous birth history we got to look with the ultrasound. The baby and amniotic fluid are both looking good and we even saw it "swimming", which was fun. We didn't hear the heartbeat, but we did see it beating on the screen. The doctor seems to think I may be measuring up to 3 days ahead. However, since his practice is just one tiny office, I am going to have the first trimester screening/tests and more thorough ultrasounds done at a prenatal lab. He said they have much more accurate equipment there, and that they would do CDs and videos of the baby, so that is exciting. That appointment is next week on the 11th. They also scheduled my next two regular office appointments for July 18 and August 22.

On a side note, since it was my first time seeing him and since I haven't had a PAP in 2 years, he also did a PAP and a breast exam. He did the PAP with a swab instead of that scraper thing though.
    The Austrian system is still very unfamiliar to me, the doctor gave me an entire pregnancy book, but all in German, so it's kind of useless to me. But I'm so glad that my first appointment went well and that I liked the doctor. He spent two years training in New York (which is where DS was born), so its nice to know that he has an understanding of the American system and what my expectations might be.

36. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@amreis: Yay! I'm glad your ultrasound went well. It's so fun getting those first pics.

37. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@lamariniere: Sounds like a great appointment! It sounds like you have a very thorough doctor, and it's nice that he has knowledge of what you went through here in the states. Hopefully the Austrian system is easy to navigate for you!

38. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lamariniere: awesome!! sounds like a really good appt, and sounds like you are comfortable with your doc. I am also having the major ultrasounds done offsite - my ob does an u/s at every appt anyway, but her equipment is more outdated. I'm going tomorrow to the imaging center for my nt scan - hoping for some good pics! (and no negative results, obviously!)

39. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Pirouette: good luck tomorrow!

With my first pregnancy, my OB's office was in the hospital, so it was very convenient to just go to the different parts of the hospital for the different tests. My new doctor is literally next door, but the testing facility is completely on the other side of the city.

40. walnutems

cherry / 128 posts

We had our 12-week appointment and ultrasound today. It was so great to see the little baby and for it to actually look like a baby this time! Everything looked great and the baby was actually measuring ahead of what they thought, which is great. The downs test came back with the lowest percentage possible, which is reassuring.

I went in thinking I was going to be 11 weeks tomorrow but they changed it so I'm 11 weeks 4 days today, so I'll officially be 12 weeks Sunday! It's already been fun to finally be able to tell my co-workers, I can't wait to start telling friends tonight!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee