Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2013 Mama Appointments

1. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@walnutems: Aren't ultrasounds so fun to look at! Congrats that you're further ahead than you thought! Have fun telling your great news

2. walnutems

cherry / 128 posts

@amreis: thank you!! It's been so fun! It's hilarious to see everyone reactions, they're all so different! We told friends of ours and they in turn told us they were pregnant too, just 4 weeks behind us! That was a fun surprise!

3. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@walnutems: yay, we're a day apart! (i'm 12 weeks tomorrow). congrats on an awesome appt!

I had my NT scan this morning and it was perfect! The doc said baby was very cute (most importantly) and that the risk for down syndrome was very minimal. Got a few cute pics, including one in 3D that looked like an alien

Scheduled my anatomy scan for 7/5! I think that's really early (i'll be 16 weeks) but the doc said that they do 2 a few weeks apart. Anyone ever heard of that?

4. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Pirouette: Yay for the great NT scan. As for the anatomy scan, I don't think I had my first one until 20 weeks, and it was very clearly a boy ;-). But that is very exciting. I always just think of it as an extra chance to see the baby.

5. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

Had my dr appointment today. Went good, got to see baby bean again and we had a strong heartbeat 155

Sad, my next appointment won't be until August since I will be stateside for what would be my next appointment.

6. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Kiki: seems so far away! but i'm sure it'll come up quickly!

We haven't been keeping up with the appointments list, so i'm thinking we should all post our next appointments so we can recompile the list (hopefully people will check this thread!) My next two appts:

7/5: Anatomy Scan #1 (should find out the sex!!!!)
    7/9: OB

7. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Our next appointment is 6/21 for just a doppler and general appointment, and then hopefully we will be scheduling our anatomy scan since we usually do appointments 4 weeks apart and all in the same appointment, so my next appoint. after that puts me at 18 weeks!

8. heffalump

GOLD / wonderful grape / 20289 posts

Just had an apt today It went good.... except I told DH to come late because they always have such a long wait time and they took me back on time so he missed the whole thing. I'm 13 weeks so nothing much happened.... I got to hear the heartbeat and I'm measuring right on schedule. I also got the results back from all my blood work and the NT scan and everything looks good.

My next apt. is July 9th. Last time I started feeling baby super early, at 14 weeks I was feeling bubbles, so hoping that happens again and I can worry a little less!

9. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

I'm glad to hear that there have been very positive appointments since the last time I saw this thread!

I had my 1st trimester screening yesterday and the place I went to gave me all the results right away. Everything looks very good and normal. I heard the heartbeat for the first time, which almost made me cry! It was very strong, 163 bpm. I find that hearing the heartbeat is almost more real than seeing the ultrasound pictures. The baby measures 6.7cm crown to rump and I was measuring exactly on target for my EDD of 12/19.

The thing that wowed me was that they did some 3D images as well as some 4D video that I got to take home on a CD. Here's a 3D pic of LO (we didn't have 3D with my 1st, so I'm super impressed by the quality).

10. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

Oh yeah, and my next two regular appointments are 7/18 and 8/22. I'm not sure when our anatomy screening is.

11. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lamariniere: so cute! we got to see 3D images too, it was wild!

UPCOMING APPOINTMENTS LIST!

6/21: MrsDoily - doc appt
    7/5: Pirouette - anatomy scan
    7/9: Artbee - doc appt
    7/9: Pirouette: doc appt
    7/18: Lamariniere: doc appt
    8/22: Lamariniere: doc appt

feel free to add any i've missed

12. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

7/26: MrsDoily: Anatomy Scan and Midwife appt.

13. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

Time is just flying by! On 6/18 I had an OB appt in the morning (heard the hb again, yay!) then nt scan in the afternoon where we got lots and lots of pictures. Everything looked great. And I'm so glad I don't have to go back until 8/1 for another ob appt and anatomy scan. I seriously don't remember the last time a whole month went by with no doctors appts.

14. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

I have a gender scan on July 6th Cannot wait to see what we are having!!!

15. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Kiki: Yay for the gender scan so soon! I don't know when mine is, but I assume it is at my next appointment. I gave away all of my son's baby clothes, and I'm itching to to start buying new stuff, especially since there are lots of sales right now. But I can't bring myself to buy anything until I know the sex.

16. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

I'll update all the appoinments! I'm excited to see all of the gender scans coming up!

7/6: Kiki- Anatomy Scan
    8/1: MrsMate: Anatomy Scan and OB appt.

17. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

@lamariniere: If we were home in England we wouldn't get it until Late August So we are paying out of pocket to have one done while with family. Thankfully it wasn't much. lol

18. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

My next appt is July 24th, with a gender scan to be scheduled SOON I hope!

19. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Kiki: any news for us?!

time for an update! we scheduled 2 more appointments for little miss pirouette...a doc appt on 8/6 and a second anatomy scan for 8/9! (why two, you ask? I have no idea, but i'm not complaining about another chance for a baby photo shoot )

7/24: Amreis: doc appt
    8/6: Pirouette: doc appt
    8/9: Pirouette: Anatomy Scan (2)

20. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

@Pirouette: no news yet. They had to cancel my appointment and my new appointment is scheduled for this Saturday

21. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@Pirouette:

7/18: Dr's apt
    7/29; Anatomy scan

thank you for keeping it up to date...

22. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

7/18: MrsCastro: Dr Appt.
    7/29: Anatomy Scan

23. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Kiki: aww, sorry about the delay, but can't wait for the news this weekend!

24. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

I had an appt this morning-- just a routine weight, blood pressure, "Do you have any questions?" type of thing. The doc checked LO's heartbeat with the doppler and it was a strong 151-155, which is always reassuring! There has been a degree of weirdness, though, over my blood type: it's been A+ all my life, is not something that changes, and yet the lab has been saying that it's A- (yes, this same lab had said it was A+ during my last pregnancy). It doesn't matter yet, but will eventually when I either will or will not have to get a rhogam shot-- the doctor is calling them herself to get it sorted out. So weird! Has this ever happened to anyone else? It sort of makes me distrust all the other work this lab does.

Next appointment is the anatomy scan on 7/22-- can't wait to see that baby again!

25. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@sosaysmegan: so weird! i bet it just got coded wrong and no one noticed. obviously it doesn't change! I've never had that happen, but i did have bloodwork last year that said "nonfasting glucose" when it really was a fasting test, and i never found out if the numbers were right or wrong based on the miscoding. glad everything is looking good so far! updating the list to add you:

7/22: Sosaysmegan: Anatomy Scan

26. beesknees

cherry / 115 posts

@sosaysmegan - I just did labwork for blood type too. I'm curious to see what your lab tells you is the final outcome. WEIRD.

My insurance doesn't cover maternity so everything is out of pocket, and I was just complaining to my husband about having to pay so much to get blood type done. When Dr. and labs have my record from first baby. & I know I'm A-. The kicker is they will blood type me YET AGAIN before I have the rhogam shot. seems like so many wasted expenses. AND side tangent rant, i'm still very bitter over paying $200 for the state mandatory std test that happens TWICE. BLAHHH.. so much wasted money.

27. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Just updating the list because my appointment changed!

7/22: MrsDoily: Anatomy Scan and Midwife appointment

28. PurplePeony

pomegranate / 3113 posts

Hi ladies! I haven't posted much on the December board, but I'm due 12/21. Just had a routine appointment this morning and all was good, and I'm excited for our anatomy scan on 8/8! We're on team green so we're hoping we don't have an exhibitionist baby in there...but in any case, I can't wait to see our little bean again.

@sosaysmegan: my birth certificate says my blood type is B-, but I had blood typing done when I was in high school and it came back AB-. They did it again just to be sure! Thank goodness my prenatal labs agree that it's AB-, so the hospital where I was born must have screwed up...but at first I couldn't figure out how I picked up an A sometime during my first 16 years! Anyway, labs can and do make mistakes, hopefully yours gets sorted our soon!

29. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@PurplePeony: Hi due date twin!! glad everything looks good. I could never have the patience to be team green, I'm impressed!

30. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

Hi all! I've never posted on the appt board yet. I just had an appt this past Monday and we did a quick ultrasound just to see if we could see the gender but baby wouldn't uncross the legs so no luck. I have my anatomy scan on 8/8, so hopefully legs will be uncrossed then.

31. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

We are team blue, having a boy!!! He was NOT shy about showing the goods. lol I was also measuring at 19w, 5d which is almost 2 weeks ahead of the first u/s we had

32. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Kiki: wow on the advanced due date and congrats on another little boy!

33. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

Updating for the two 8/8 scans! hoping for one with crossed legs and one without!

8/8: Purplepeony: Anatomy Scan
    8/8: Mynoahbear: Anatomy Scan

@Kiki: congrats on team blue!!

34. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@Kiki: YAY for Team BLue!!!

35. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

I had my 18 week appointment yesterday with the normal weight/blood pressure stuff. I was so excited to find out the sex but the baby was completely uncooperative! Gah! So I have scheduled my anatomy scan for August 16th. The suspense is killing me!

36. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lamariniere: aww man, stubborn baby, not cool! updating for your 8/16 appt.

8/16: Lamariniere: Anatomy Scan (baby, show your goods!)

37. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

8/5: MrsDoily: Ultrasound/ High Risk OB appt.
    8/23: MrsDoily: Midwife appointment

38. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

8/19 anatomy scan (most likely the last one)
    8/27 doc appointment (going to CA threw my appointments all out of whack )

39. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

Anatomy scan update: everything is there, everything seems to be normal and functioning! I was beyond nervous going into the room for the exam because the anatomy scan is where everything got Very Scary for us last time. Luckily, we had a tech who was willing to heavily narrate what she was doing, and who didn't seem to mind that we were basically interrogating her ("Is that good? What's that?"). She confirmed that the baby is a girl (which we found out from MaterniT21 weeks and weeks ago), and did all the routine measurements. We ended up with *fifteen* images, mostly of hands, feet, arms, and legs, but also a few ADORABLE (yes, totally biased) profiles, including one where her hands appear to be clasped near her chin...so precious. There was a picture of her face that was taken straight-on, so she looks like Skeletor, but she has months and months to chub up in there.

My doctor had called the director of the bloodwork lab to get to the bottom of the changing-blood-type mystery, and has figured out that I have a weak-something, so they'll go ahead and give me the rhogam shot when it's time. So weird! But I'm glad it's resolved. My next appointment is 8/8.

40. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

updating the appointment list! had my routine appt yesterday and scheduled my glucose screening (so nervous!) hope everyone's anatomy scans are going well!

8/8: Sosaysmegan: doc appt
    8/19: Kiki: Anatomy Scan
    8/23: MrsDoily: Midwife appointment
    8/27: Kiki: doc appt
    9/10: Pirouette: Glucose 1-hour

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee