Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@starchild: Hahah, true. My family is big on not decorating until December and I always thought it was the norm but it's really not!

2. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @Eko: I won't get my anatomy scan til 22w! A couple of my appointments have been pushed back due to coverage issues because my dr was on maternity leave, so instead of the usual 8/12/16/20/24/etc appointments, mine have been a couple weeks later. Going today at 17+6 so my next one with the scan won't be for another 4 weeks. Policy is they don't do the anatomy scan until after 20 weeks, so I have to wait. We're TG so I'm not dying to know the gender, but I'm getting pretty anxious to see baby again to make sure s/he is still doing ok! Haven't had a scan since 9 weeks because we skipped the genetic testing one.

3. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@kayla0416: aw bummer!! At least you'll get to hear baby which hopefully is a little reassuring, but that does seem like a long time these days. Only reason I got one last time was being a "new" pregnancy for that OB.. which is goot because even though the heart rate was normal at my last appt I'm still worried it was on the low end. You'd think 3rd baby Id be less paranoid.. I'll update the list with you when I get to a computer.

4. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@starchild: That sounds very pretty! Would love to see pictures when you have it ready.

@Eko: My husband is big into Christmas so I hope we can get decorating done. My mom is taking FMLA to stay w/ us and help with the babies and my MIL is close by so I'm hoping with four sets of hands we will have enough help to get it done.

1. How far along today? 19w4d

2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? I'm thinking November 18, that would be 37 weeks, which with twins is good. They won't let me go past 38 weeks which is November 25/Thanksgiving weekend. I'd prefer not that weekend just because my dad is in the restaurant industry and it will be hell for him to try to take that weekend off.

3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? I had a super strong feeling it was a boy and girl. I was wrong, two more boys for me

4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I like full panel shorts/jeans, they support the bump a little bit. I really don't like the half panel stuff, it cuts funny.

5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? We thought we had everything for another baby because we went gender neutral for our first but then twins. So we need a double stroller and I think we are going to get a pack and play that will hold them both.

5. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@kayla0416: My anat scan isn't till 21w; they refuse to do it before 20w here, too. We already know sex but I'm also anxious to see her. We had our first scan at 7w and she was basically just a jelly bean. Can't wait -- 8/18, so far away. My next regular appt is 8/1.

6. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

My AS is scheduled for 20w6d, but they would have done it right at 20w. We're headed out of town for five days though so had to push it. I'm a lot less anxious about wanting it to get here faster this time around since I already know the sex, and we've had two ultrasounds already. Just another chance to see the baby, which is always nice.

7. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

Had my anatomy scan Wednesday. The doctor said he looks great and everything seems to be going smoothly. I take a big sigh of relief each time!

I have to do the glucose test at 28 weeks, so in September. They said I will probably have another ultrasound as my due date approaches because of my history of having had a big baby.

8. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

My practice does the GD test at 27/28 weeks, so not until October.

9. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Tanjowen: thats great. congrats. I couldn't remember when the glucose test was, so thanks for giving me a time frame reminder!
    I think my anatomy US is in a week. DH can't make it...so hopefully no bad news. I'm going to try to remember to bring some OJ this time; with LO1 the baby was sleeping and not moving around much! OJ makes them shake rattle and roll.

ETA: does anyone feel like their bump fluctuates from day to day? Yesterday it was noticeable and people commented. Today, crickets (wearing same shirt in a different color), and I feel smaller. I personally (tmi) think it's related to backups in the plumbing department.

Also: get thee to target and pick up the Liz Lange maternity shorts and skinnies! sOooooo flattering! I like them more than my regular pants and shorts!!!

10. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Did you ever find out what was going on with your insurance and the DNA testing?

We had a small scare this morning when my midwives called to say my insurance wasn't going to cover our test, but fortunately learned after that that my secondary insurance will cover it - but now a little curious how much it usually ends up costing.

11. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Littlebit7: Yes. Yesterday I was huge, today the director giving us a daycare tour said we must be really early birds and was surprised when I said how far along I am. And yes, I suspect it's GI related. I'm having such a horrible time with that, the glam side of #momlife.

12. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@starchild: ditto. I put dried apricots next to my prenatals. That has been helping a little bit. I had hoped things would regulate by now. Ummm nope.

13. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Tanjowen: congrats on the awesome appt!

@Littlebit7: My definitely fluctuates! Still trying to determine how much is based on what I eat that day. Lol. I just bought some new leggings and tunics for the fall and post baby wear. While I love the summer my pregger body is over it.

14. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Littlebit7: Definitely related. Some days I feel so small and some days I already feel like I'm a whale.

@Eko: Where did you purchase your tunics? I want to do the same for post delivery but haven't ever taken the tunic and leggings plunge before now.

15. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Tanjowen: I just bought some from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. My favorite leggings I've gotten so far have been from express... believe it or not. They are thick enough so they are not see through and have a thick tighter band , which is nice to help hold stuff in lol.

16. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: What brands/styles did you mostly look at? I ordered the famous Zella live in leggings today but not sure what I'll end up wearing with them. I'm pear shaped and usually a "leggings are not pants!" kind of girl, so looking for stuff that pretty much completely covers the butt. As for my insurance, I'm not sure. I don't think they actually even sent me that EOB that I saw online..or it just hasn't forwarded form our old address yet. I'm not poking the bear just yet though.

Thanks all for weighing in on the GD test. I knew it was early for that. My last two have been 3rd trimester tests. I'm a little worried because for all the detailed history they took, they ended up doing a pelvic twice..as though she hadn't written it down the week before?? I don't know. Ugh.

17. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm pear shaped as well. I don't have a brand I specifically go for but do tend to look for sweaters that cover the butt. I like pairing leggings with a tank and longer cardigans, especially during pregnancy. It is flattering since it doesn't look very form fitting. I sometimes will do shirts that don't fully cover the butt, but they can't be see through and I always wear boots. The boots break up the length so it's not as obvious if your shirt isn't longer.

18. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: I always think about the tank plus cardigan thing, but then is it a no no to see the crotch part of the legging at all? I also bought this and a couple other things from free people. Their fit tends to be hit or miss but I think this might be safe. It was an extra 30% off. https://www.freepeople.com/shop/39826342/

19. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: That's so cute!

I think tops that are long are fine, even if they don't fully cover. Especially with the bump, I don't want to feel like I'm swimming in a tent, but this is my first so I don't know what to expect. So far I feel very sloppy and am having a hard time finding stuff that is comfortable and looks nice. I'm looking forward to cooler weather when I can switch to something like that. I can do business casual for work so maybe lots of sweater dresses or something.

20. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

I am pretty certain I felt movement the other day! There have been a few little hiccups that I couldn't be sure, but this was a few seconds of distinct fluttering on the upper left side. I haven't felt it again yet, but I'm only 17w4d today so not surprising. It's weird to think about but it was exciting!

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: thanks, I feel like such a shopaholic lately, between dd gearing up for school and me needing new clothes for my increasing waist, plus ds suddenly needing a 2t ( he's only 21 months, I'm not ready for the "t" sizes!!) I placed one last order through gap today because they were having extra 50% off sale styles with code extra I think.

I threw this, a sweater, and a romper in for baby girl for a total of like $25 on her. I doubt we'll get many gifts this being our third so I am on the lookout for deals already. And seriously.. 😍

22. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

I'm pretty sure I'm feeling some movement but I didn't trust it with lo2 until it coincided with movements on the anatomy u/s, and I'm feeling cautious this time too. I still keep feeling like how quick this pregnancy happened is too good to be true.

23. jillybeans

pea / 9 posts

Hi fellow December 2017 mamas! I'm brand new to the Hello Bee boards and am expecting our first (a girl!) on December 3rd. I'm currently 21w1d and have started feeling little baby movements from about a week ago. I'm looking forward to following along with you all as we quickly approach December!

24. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@jillybeans: Welcome!

25. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: That is adorable! My MIL has already told me she's been shopping and planning a shower (first grandbaby!) so I am trying to resist buying too much stuff myself because I think we're going to get a lot.

@jillybeans: Welcome!

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jillybeans: welcome and congratulations!

27. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@jillybeans: Welcome and congrats!

28. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@jillybeans: congrats! Welcome!

29. jillybeans

pea / 9 posts

@starchild: @2littlepumpkins: @Tanjowen: @Littlebit7: Thanks, everyone! I'm excited to be here.

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@PawPrints: Sorry missed tagging you with my insurance thing... posted about it above but the short answer is I'm too chicken to find out and hoping it'll reduce.

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Anyone here use the spectra s1/2 or planning to? I can't remember which is the battery powered but looking at that one. I've used models in the past but I don't trust my old one. I like the closed system better I think but not sure.

32. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I love my Spectra! I have the S1, which is the battery powered one. I've never used anything different, but I was able to pump at work til 1 year with my first and never had any issues.

33. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm planning on it. If I can upgrade to the s1 for a reasonable cost I'm going to try. The ability to not be tied to a power cord is appealing, since I had to EP for many months

34. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@kayla0416: @Littlebit7: Yay glad to hear you ladies like it! I travel for a week a month (ish) so that's why we're thinking of combo feeding sort of from the start, but it's also a possibility for the baby to join me sometimes. But if any degree of bfing is going to work this time around the pump needs to be battery chargeable/powered and reliable. I'm thinking I might just get two and leave the other one where I stay out of town if the ins won't help with the s1.

35. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I haven't tried the Spectra but just FYI the PISA also has a battery power option.

36. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@PawPrints: I thought I saw that! Which probably makes it more with the $ than the freestyle now. But the spectra is even less, which is definitely appealing, plus the closed system seems more sanitary although I've used meddle for a little while with no problems either. If my insurance covers the PISA that could be the deciding factor.

37. jillybeans

pea / 9 posts

Has anyone started thinking of names yet? My husband likes Morgan and Charlie. I like Harlan, Audrina, and Adrianna. We're still undecided but it's so hard to choose! We've already agreed on the middle name James after my dad, which is a pretty unconventional girl's name but I love that Blake Lively named her daughter James.

38. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@jillybeans: i love unconventional girl names. Our girl has a "boy" nickname but a feminine real name. That was DHs compromise with me since I loved boy names. We are trying to come up with a boy name starting with J.

39. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@jillybeans: we have already settled on a name. Our little girls name will be Evelyn. I like Harlan with James as a middle name. I am not the biggest fan of your husband's choices since James is already gender neutral. I like more of a feminine name to contrast James. All are great names! I do like James for a girl.

40. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jillybeans: We have a list but we are now thinking we might go with more of an "ethnic" name from my side. We'll see though! I like Morgan but as pp said it might be better to go girly with James as the middle. I really like Adrianna! Also, I'm on a laptop right now that does not like to cooperate but I will add your EDD to our list tomorrow.

@Eko: Evelyn!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee