Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2021 Due Date Thread

1. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@yellowbeach: I kinda think girl, but a boy would be logistically easier with my older kids, so we'll see!

2. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@MountainBaby: Good luck with your anatomy scan!

Another quick and easy check-up for me this morning (22 weeks). Since I only had one more appointment on the books, we went ahead and scheduled all of my visits until my due date. When I had my daughter, I had one growth scan at 36 weeks, and that was it for ultrasounds in the second half of my pregnancy. Now that I am a "geriatric" I will have two ultrasounds a week starting at 36 weeks! Is this par for the course?

3. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@lady baltimore: I was 36 when my daughter was born and didn't have any scans after the 20 week anatomy one. I am 38 now - they had me do a growth scan I think at 31 weeks and I don't have any more planned since that looked normal...

Besides AMA, my only risk factor is history of partial molar pregnancy - but the added risk from that comes mostly after pregnancy. AMA alone doesn't seem to affect much in terms of what my practitioner recommends, I actually had a couple of scans later in pregnancy when I wasn't AMA b/c of measuring small...

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lady baltimore: Baby 2 was measuring big, and I was 41 when I was pregnant with him, so they started doing weekly ultrasounds at 34 weeks. This time around same thing. She measured 4lbs2oz (65th percentile) at my appointment on Thursday, so they are starting weekly ultrasounds again at 34 weeks. I think it’s more because of the macrosomia than my AMA (now 43).

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I'm a granny too at 37 - AND baby girl is measuring enormous. 2.6kg today at 34 weeks - goodness gracious!

6. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@periwinklebee: @yellowbeach: Interesting to hear others' experiences! I didn't learn about all of these scans until I was speaking to the scheduler after my visit, so I won't get to ask the medical staff about them until my next visit in mid-November.

7. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@yellowbeach: I was right - baby girl! and she's all healthy!

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

7 DAYS AGO DELETE FLAG
    Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar Due Date Babies
    11 Nov: LindsayinNY (#3)
    29 Nov: PeriwinkleBee (#3)
    01 Dec: Jaguar (#4)
    17 Dec: YellowBeach (#3)
    17 Feb: Lady Baltimore (#2)
    28 Feb: LazB (#5)
    09 Mar: MountainBaby (#3)

9. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Oh my gosh ladies

I am so tired. Almost 35 weeks. Enormous. Cramming loads of work in to my schedule to pre-prepare for her arrival. Random bouts of cleaning energy (like organising an entire pantry) followed by moments passed out staring at the ceiling.

Kids driving me insane and I'm longing or those first pregnancy days where you didn't have to wait on anyone else hand and foot 24/7 ahhahaha.

How are you all going?

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Yes, so much this...

Feeling exhausted and pretty physically miserable. DD's daycare classroom flooded the beginning of last week and was closed for the entire week. So there has definitely been a lot of waiting on little ones 24/7 lately. Once I'm finally not dealing with them directly, I'm inevitably cleaning up whatever mess has been made around the house in the meantime. I'm drowning in work and even more behind after last week, and my job is such that there will still be work to deal with during mat leave. I'm really holding my breath that there are no covid exposures within the next month, as I don't know how I would handle a 15 day quarantine with the kids at this point, ugh...

I also really need to figure out who's going to watch the kids when I go into labor. No family nearby, we don't currently have a babysitter, and decent chance he'll come around Thanksgiving, which means many friends and potential babysitters will be out of town.

I feel constantly exhausted and overwhelmed, and worry a bit that this will get in the way of really enjoying the short newborn time with DS once he arrives. It's such a short time you have with them - and whatever is difficult will change soon - but it can be so hard to step outside of the ridiculous treadmill that is parenting and working during a pandemic and just appreciate the special, fleeting moments with the kids.

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Long time no see! Had a 22 week scan today and baby girl (and my cervix lol) looks perfect! Busy with the big kids and work, but the pregnancy has been great and uneventful.

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: Yay, amazing news!!! So glad everything is going well.

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@periwinklebee: thank you!

14. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LAZB: Hi Baby Girl! YAY!

15. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

Some of you are really getting down to the wire! (@LindsayinNY, how are you doing?)

How are y'all's name discussions going? DH and I have been keeping a shared list, but haven't started going through it methodically or having more progressive discussions. We still have fifteen weeks, which should be plenty, but I know how quickly time starts to fly toward the end (especially with the holidays in there!).

16. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@lady baltimore: We narrowed our list down to the top two. I'd be honestly happy with either, so we stopped there for now, but eventually we'll have to pick one, and we haven't even started thinking about middle names.

17. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Hey gals! We'll be on baby watch here soon enough!

I'm almost 37 weeks and we're talking induction again because of baby girl's size (my poor vag!)

Hoping it goes well but feeling slightly nervous! We have a name!

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lady baltimore: Gahhh still cooking at 39+4. Went to the MFM this morning, all still looks good and well. OB is tomorrow.

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: @LindsayInNY: Good luck - so close!

Not sure when to expect this LO to arrive, as LO1 was born at 41+3 and LO2 at 38+5. At 37 weeks I know I should be prepared for it to happen any day - and wonder each time there's a particularly strong braxton hicks if things are starting - but we're still woefully unprepared. I haven't gotten any of the baby clothes out, haven't made sure the infant car seat will install 3 across, need more babysitter options for when I go into labor... but have been totally swamped with work and the other two kids.

It's that stage of things when random strangers feel the need to comment on how massively pregnant I look. Had to fill out early intervention paperwork for my daughter today, and the person there made a comment along the lines of "I almost never ask if someone is expecting but this is really, really obvious." Yup...

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@periwinklebee: Mine were 39+6 and 41 and same regarding symptoms... "Oooh I pooped, does THIS mean something???" What kind of car are you fitting 3 across in?

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LindsayInNY: It's maddening, ugh...

We have a Subaru Forester. I know there are various three across options, but I really gotta make sure asap our existing seats will work, otherwise I'm picturing the confused call from DH at target frantically looking for car seats that will fit while I'm waiting at the hospital for him to take us home

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@periwinklebee: Haha, that was me with our car. It was like tetris!

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@periwinklebee: I made 3 across happen in my Subaru CrossTrek using 2 new Dionos and an existing MaxiCosi.

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@yellowbeach: I also have 2 dionos on the way, one needs to be installed FF (tall almost 4 yo) and one RF (almost 2 yo). What configuration across do you have the seats in?

I think everything else baby-wise is ready for him to come, after this weekend. Work is a different matter, ugh. My daughter was overjoyed to see her swing back, which we only put away a few months ago when she exceed the weight limit, she loved that thing so much, lol...

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Operation 3 across achieved in the Subaru Forester with the Dionos! Have my FF child in the middle, RF convertible on the passenger side, and RF infant seat on driver side, all with seatbelt installs to give more flexibility on spacing, which really helped relative to using latch.

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

You guys! We had a BABY!

Born 17th November - meet Miss Emma!

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@jaguar: oh yay!!!!!!!!!! Congrats she is beautiful. Give us some birth story details when you can!

How are you feeling???

28. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@yellowbeach: Stunned that she's here and 4 days old already - home with the family today and getting used to the chaos of 4 kiddos, oh my gosh!

Off to bed now but will type up her birth story tomorrow while it's still fresh!

Another pic because OMG she's so cute.

29. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@jaguar: congrats on your beautiful baby!!

30. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@jaguar: Congratulations! She is so precious!! I hope everything went smoothly and your recovery is going well

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: awwwww congrats!!!! So, so sweet, welcome Emma!

Still pregnant here, this baby has officially cooked longer than his big sister, but if he waits as long as his big brother to make an appearance it will be another 2+ weeks - so really no idea what to expect!

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I can't wait to meet the next round of babies!

I typed up her birth stories on my Insta (it's in three parts because apparently I ramble)

http://www.instagram.com/mamajags

33. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@jaguar: Congratulations, and welcome baby Emma! She is precious!

34. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@jaguar: congratulations! She's perfect!

35. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Just checking in to see how we're all doing! xx

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Sorry to be MIA - our little guy arrived about a week and a half ago, the day before Thanksgiving. We are just absolutely smitten and over the moon with him! Thankfully despite all the babysitters being away for Thanksgiving, a school classmate was able to watch my older two while we went to the hospital. Fortunately the birth was super quick and complication free.

Of course, luck would be that my 3 yo got exposed to covid at daycare this week, so I have all the kids home and just holding my breath that he doesn't get sick. Ugh, it seems like whatever goes around his class they all catch - but telling myself the hormones and sleep deprivation are making me too pessimistic about it...

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Hope you all are doing well!

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@periwinklebee: congrats!!! Enjoy those holiday baby snuggles!

39. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@jaguar: congratulations! She’s precious!

40. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@periwinklebee: Congratulations! Hope you are able to relax and focus on new babe at least a little bit with the bigs at home. My older daughter is home quarantining right now after an exposure at school. We've gotten several letters about individual cases across the school this year, but (touch wood) haven't seen transmission there yet. Good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee