Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2021 Due Date Thread

1. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LAZB: A giiiirl! Wait, how did you find out before NIPT? I'm having a blonde moment haha

@yellowbeach: Best feeling ever!!

2. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

21.5 weeks today!

3. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: Congrats!!!!

@jaguar: awwwwww... time is flying!

Second trimester has been soooo much better for me than first, but I still feel like I'm operating on half my brain power around here, ugh...

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@jaguar: there is a test here called sneak peek (claims 99.5% accuracy) that you can do starting at 8 weeks!
    @periwinklebee: thanks!

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LAZB: Oooooh!!!! Never heard of it, but now I'm intrigued. So NIPT will confirm then. Squee!!

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb Due Date Babies

11 Nov: LindsayinNY (#3)
    29 Nov: PeriwinkleBee (#3)
    01 Dec: Jaguar (#4)
    17 Dec: YellowBeach (#3)
    17 Feb: Lady Baltimore (#2)
    28 Feb: LazB (#3) ? ?

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: when you update, would you change it to baby number 5? Sounds crazy! It will be #4 at home, but I always include my oldest son in my count

I am definitely getting anxious, really can’t wait for NIPT and hopefully good results. I know it’s early, but I’ve been trying to find the heartbeat on my Doppler (usually I can find it by this point) and couldn’t until this morning. I’m relieved that I found it, I almost asked for a last minute ultrasound before our vacation, but I think I can hold off now.

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb Due Date Babies

11 Nov: LindsayinNY (#3)
    29 Nov: PeriwinkleBee (#3)
    01 Dec: Jaguar (#4)
    17 Dec: YellowBeach (#3)
    17 Feb: Lady Baltimore (#2)
    28 Feb: LazB (#5) ? ?

9. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

How are you ladies? Just checking in and sending love xx

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Great anatomy scan today at 20w5d... everything looks normal (phew, exhale) and like our other two, she's big! 1 lb already, measuring 22w1d. Definitely a little girl. My US tech remembered me from our second pregnancy which ended in loss. She was so wonderful in talking to me through the whole thing (I came alone) and giving me the reassurance I needed.

@Jaguar: This week I've REALLY started to feel pregnancy catching up with me. I'm getting a little winded on longer walks and having a little discomfort sleeping. I broke out the maternity sleep pillow two nights ago. Such a long way to go still - I'm kind of bummed it's all happening this early!

11. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@yellowbeach: Yay, amazing news!!!

@jaguar: Definitely starting to feel it more, this kid is active. Plus the usual things like having a hard time bending over, waking up constantly at night, getting easily winded, and I'm famished all the time... But overall still feeling pretty good...

12. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@yellowbeach: What great photos of your little girl!

I am twelve weeks tomorrow, and go for an ultrasound/NIPT/genetic counseling on Friday. I have so much more anxiety this time around, and am hoping getting past this round of testing will help a bit, but am also considering ordering a doppler to use at home when I'm getting in my own head. DD might get a kick out of it as well - as long as everything looks okay, we are telling her on Friday!

Has anyone's OB asked whether you are vaccinated against COVID? I was a little surprised that didn't come up at my first visit.

13. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I still haven't made my mind up re the Vax while pregnant. We're still locked down now (week 6 here in Sydney) with no end in sight (still until August 29th at this point) so it's not like I'm going anywhere, anyway! haha

Hi baby! Gorgeous pics.

I feel enormous over here. 23 weeks already. It's going fast and slow at the same time!

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@lady baltimore: Yay for almost making it out of the first trimester! They haven't asked me about vaccination status. The hospital the practice is affiliated with has little notices encouraging people to get vaccinated at the bottom of appt reminders, etc, but that's it... I'm sure they'd be happy to answer questions for anyone who has them...

I got my first dose around 6 weeks, as soon as I was eligible. I definitely wanted it, though wouldn't have had a choice regardless as work mandates it. Glad it will pass some immunity on to the baby, much more effectively than breastmilk does.... No idea when they'll have something my older two are eligible for and they are in daycare, so I'd consider us at high risk for infection.

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: So glad everything looks great, and you’re halfway through!
    @jaguar: I can understand your hesitation, i’m glad that I got vaccinated before getting pregnant so it’s not an issue

16. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I am still mind blown some days that I'm having a baby. Is this weird denial? 24 weeks now. :o

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@jaguar: no I feel the EXACT same way! Us getting pregnant again given our history was just so unlikely - it’s good I can feel her move now because that’s helping reality set in. 😆

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: @yellowbeach: Not weird at all... I don't think it's really sunk in for me either...

I feel like there's definitely been a marked shift over the past couple of weeks, from second trimester relief into third trimester-like misery (even though I'm not to third trimester yet). In this span, I went from "is she pregnant or just fat" territory to I'm pretty sure random strangers on the street are worried I might give birth then and there, lol. My 3 yo even said "mommy looks so different because of baby brother" and "baby brother is getting too big to be in mommy's tummy now."

I'm also just so darn exhausted - back to first tri energy levels - life is already overwhelming me, and I know things are just going to get worse between now and when the baby comes. The chores just never seem to end (first world problem, but of course our dishwasher broke a few weeks ago and we're still waiting for a replacement, ugh). Our babysitter who's helped us with the childcare shortfalls due to limited daycare hours is quitting, and it's been impossible to find a replacement. With the rebound in cases definitely expecting more quarantines from daycare this fall, which will make work a mess. My 3 yo never sleeps in past 5:45am, and anyways, I could really use a (kid free) vacation but no way that's going to happen.

The other thing I've started to worry a bit about as we get closer to the due date is what we are going to do with the kids when I go into labor. I think there's a pretty decent chance the baby will come on Thanksgiving, when a bunch of people are out of town and I'd feel bad interrupting thanksgiving dinner of people who are around to ask them to watch our kids, who are a handful. It's dejavu to DD, who was due a couple days after Christmas but ended up coming a few days before, when all the babysitters we lined up had already left town for the holidays. Last night when I asked DH if he had any thoughts on this, his answer was "I can drop you off at the hospital and then come back home and take care of the kids." When I expressed that I wasn't on board with this, his response was "we have two other kids, what do you expect." Ugh, it honestly pissed me off. I feel like it is the motto for mom life lately. Like, whatever minimal expectations one has are asking too much...

19. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@yellowbeach: YES! I think this is what it is. Seriously.. even my hubby forgets some days. It's so odd.

@periwinklebee: I feel the third tri exhaustion now AND I'm not even in third tri yet. Goodness!!

20. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Everything was great today at my NT scan, breathing a sigh of relief as one hurdle down. Now we wait for the NIPT, hopefully will hear that in a week or so. Couldn’t get a great view between the legs (not that it would be reliable at this point anyway) but here is the shot we got. The geneticist said that the sneak peek results were probably accurate since it said girl, but I won’t paint the nursery until we get confirmation LOL

21. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LAZB: Hi babyyyyyy!!!!

22. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Bubba girl is breech! Almost 25 weeks... so still time to flip I hope!

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: Amazing news!!!! So, so happy to hear this!

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: I think my OB doesn't check for positioning until 37 weeks, when it would be not very likely to flip back. But I'm pretty sure this guy recently flipped head down, at least part of the time, because I can feel the head bobbing with hiccups down there, lol... and more pressure than before. Still lots and lots of time for her to flip!!!

25. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

I take it this is the most recent due date thread? Can I jump in for March please! Baby #3 is on their way!

26. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@MountainBaby: Welcome, and congratulations!

NT scan and NIPT went well for me, and I go back to the OB tomorrow for a regular check-up. DH does have to get blood drawn because I am a carrier for some super rare but scary genetic condition, so that is one more small hurdle to clear.

27. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MountainBaby: Congratulations! I think we might be the ONLY due date thread right now, so the more the merrier!

28. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@lady baltimore: So glad all is going well. Good luck with the next round of bloods!

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MountainBaby: Congrats and welcome!!!

@lady baltimore: Fantastic news! Sorry for the added stress of more testing, ugh...

For those of you due earlier, anyone having tons of BH? They seem to have really picked up in the past week, nothing painful but a sort of never-ending mild discomfort. A little over three months to go and I already feel like I'm at least eight months along

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: YES omg yes. Some take my breath away!

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: ugh, I'm at least glad it's normal. Hang in there!

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Normal but uncomfortable.

We've just been told our lockdown continues for another 5 weeks here.. I swear, nobody in my family will even see me pregnant at this point.

33. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Ugh, so sorry. How are you holding up with the older three at home?

34. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: It's intense. Some days I'm so busy I forget I'm pregnant. The exhaustion is REAL!

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: daycare was closed for just a week last week, and that completely wiped me out. Not sure how we managed when they were out for six months in 2020, but I guess not being pregnant helped. The exhaustion is unreal. Ughhhh, so sorry, honestly nothing to say beyond it sucks. You are a rockstar.

The other thing that gets me is the seemingly never-ending housework. The cooking, laundry, dishes, gardens, household management and general mess... I swear that's another full-time job, this place is going to be a shit show when baby brother arrives, but as long as we all survive, lol...

36. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Seriously, my house is a DUMPING ground. I genuinely don't know how I'll ever catch up at this point.

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Maybe when the kids are all off to college the dumping ground issue will get resolved, lol, if I'm not too old then to have the energy to deal with it...

I have moments of panic as I feel like I am not great at even dealing with the kids I have, but I tell myself the baby can be put in a carrier and then I'll at least still have two hands free to try to rescue the older ones when they run towards mortal danger. Last weekend we were visiting a sunflower farm, and my 1 and 3 year olds decided to sprint off in opposite directions at the same time, with the 3 year old being plucked away from the street by a random stranger, aghhh (DH was in the car b/c he said he needed a little nap, gah).

Hopefully this kiddo is not one of those babies who cries around the clock from colic, because then I really don't know how I'll manage the other kiddos.

Around here there's lots of families in the one and done camp, and I definitely feel some serious guilt at times about how neglected my kids are/will be in comparison, just by virtue of the struggles to manage them at once. Hoping this gets easier as they get a bit older, but I won't hold my breath...

38. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Oh I have the same fears!!! My 20 month old is hard work, man... the big girls will be ok, but Amelia.. she's hilariously intense. Hopefully she copes with a new baby, she still feels like a baby herself!

39. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Yes, I am not ready for my 20 month old to have to graduate from her baby status!!!

40. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@jaguar: @periwinklebee: I do have a little guilt about the close age gap this time, it’s funny y’all both mention 20 months because that is going to be how far apart they will be for me. My older two kids are also 20 months apart, and at the time it didn’t seem like a big deal, but looking back at pictures, my daughter was still such a baby and it was hard to imagine having to that close again! I actually intentionally wanted to space them a little further out, but jokes on me!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee