Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2021 Due Date Thread

1. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Ok I am struggling with girl names. So much harder 4th time around hahaha!

2. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: This is just my second time around for boy names, but also stumped. For DD, we decided at literally the last possible minute. I'd really like to at least have some candidates that DH and I could conceivably, maybe, possibly agree upon before going into labor this time around

3. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Yep I have always had it done by fairly on in our pregnancies... hubby and I are both just EHHHH scratching heads this time!

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

We are also nowhere with girl names…

On a bright note today I had a formal ultrasound at 13 weeks. Normal NT, normal everything so far!

5. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@yellowbeach: yay!!!!

6. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

How are you going, guys?

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@jaguar: things are good - really showing now - look like I’m like 24 weeks even though I’m only 15+2. I think we have a contender for a name… we never tell anyone ahead of time so they can’t pick it apart, but we are thinking about Windsor and calling her “Winnie”… her sister is Evelyn “Evie” and brother is Oliver “Ollie.” DH is English and born in London, so it’s a nod to his heritage. Easy to spell, somewhat unique but not crazy like Apple. 😉

8. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@yellowbeach: That is a GREAT name! Winnie was one of my favourites! Really matches your other two as well.

Yep. I'm huge here too!

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@yellowbeach: Love Winnie, and perfect sibling set!

@yellowbeach: @jaguar: I feel like I still look more fat still than pregnant, especially earlier in the day when the bump is less pronounced. Feeling so much better in second tri than first tri, which I'm insanely grateful for. And just in time for summer! I gotta enjoy the beach and pool this year, it's hard enough to manage my 18 mo reckless daredevil and 3 yo (my hands are literally sore after a weekend spent gripping their hands), without adding an infant to the mix, lol....

10. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

We are in lockdown here at the moment (thanks to another Covid cluster outbreak) so I'm trying not to go insane with all three kids + working from home.

GAAAAAH.

11. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: ugh, that absolutely sucks about the lockdown. My 18mo, after having spent most of her life in the pandemic, knows exactly what zoom is and she absolutely hates it. Today DH was supposed to take the kids from the babysitter at 5 (I usually do) but he forgot, so I had to pause in the middle of a presentation I was giving to grab them. My daughter sees the zoom and literally starts screaming bloody murder. No distracting her, she hates it and just won't tolerate me being on it when she's around. I think we all feel this way zoom now, toddlers just express it. Blech. I really hope it's not too insanely stressful to juggle and that things get back to normal for you soon.

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Those poor things!! Amelia was the same last year, and I swear she is ultra hard work and clingy now because she's used to us being home with her ALL THE TIME. I feel for this generation of Covid babies and kiddos!

I'm mainly just hoping they get it under control before it takes off... I can't deal with home schooling the big kids plus everything else right now. Selfish, I know but far out!!!

In other news... 18 weeks today and finally feeling a few baby flutters on and off. Not consistent but I can feel SOMETHING in there!

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: ugh.... fingers crossed. It's just insane how much parents (and moms especially) have had to juggle over the past year +. Hope the kiddos are back to school ASAP.

Everyone keeps saying that next year is going to be a vicious flu, RSV, etc. season once social distancing ends and all those illnesses that were kept at bay by covid precautions come roaring back...It's going to be stressful with a newborn and two kids at daycare (i.e. a germ factory). Ugh. But for you this will be a summer baby, which will hopefully help!

Amazing about movement, baby movements at this point are the very best

14. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@periwinklebee: Popping in to say that we just had a bout of RSV and it is RAMPANT where we are right now, which our dr said is highly unusual during the summer, as it's a winter virus. It's made him concerned for how the flu will be this coming winter.

15. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@foodiebee: ugh, hope your recovery has been rapid.

honestly I'm more worried about this at this point than covid (for our family), even with the kids not yet being vaccinated. Flu can be really serious when pregnant, and obviously even more so with newborns.DS got it right around his first birthday (when vaccinated) and gave it to all of us, and it really sucked, even with being vaccinated it seemed to make us all super susceptible to other viral stuff for a couple of months afterwards. With two kids in daycare, we're going to get exposed to so much crud when things come roaring back this time around. My 18 mo presumably has no natural immunity yet to flu, rsv, croup, hfm, and on and on, as all she's ever had is a few colds. I did read that social distancing may have entirely eradicated certain strains of flu, making it easier to make a good flu vaccine, and really hope this is the case and not wishful thinking!

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Hello! It’s official, there is a teeny tiny little baby in there! My mind is still blown that this happened without actually trying, but happy to join a bunch of y’all with similar journeys (even though I’m due later).
    I’m due 2/28, but I think will deliver 2/3 or 2/4 if things go to plan.
    Here is my ultrasound from today, you can barely see anything, but looks perfect for where it should be at this point

17. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LAZB: yay!!!

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: Yayyyyyy!!!!!!

19. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LAZB: Oh hi little blob!

This ladybaby was a complete shock and miracle too, so you're definitely in the right place. Mysterious ways!

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: Amazing!

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb Due Date Babies

11 Nov: LindsayinNY (#3)
    29 Nov: PeriwinkleBee (#3)
    01 Dec: Jaguar (#4)
    17 Dec: YellowBeach (#3)
    28 Feb: LazB (#3)

22. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LAZB: Congratulations!

So much good news on this board 😃

23. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

We had our Morphology scan today. I'm 19+2 and baby girl measured at 19+4. Was a pretty crappy experience to be honest. It's a Covid wave happening here and Sydney is in lockdown, so hubby wasn't allowed to go - and they wouldn't even allow me/or film the scan, so that sucked.

The attendant spoke maybe 5 words to me the whole time, basically skimmed over my questions, and gave me zero reassurance the baby was even ok at the end! I ended up ringing my OB in tears - he's away, but the receptionist sent me the form, which says anatomically normal... but far out, why couldn't they have just given SOME reassurance so I didn't walk out of there thinking something was wrong with the baby?? AWFUL.

Here she is, wiggly worm.

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@jaguar: sorry you had such a crappy experience - but that is a spot on perfect profile image she posed for!

I’m also fearing another big wave in the US. But at work the feeling is familiar… went three weeks diagnosing not a single positive patient, and last shift 2 of my 10 patients were Covid positive, but sick with something totally different (even scarier bc I was only testing them because they were getting admitted). I really hope we are not also on our way to another outbreak and lockdown.

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: I'm really sorry it was a negative experience, ugh... Our hospital always has the policy of no filming or photographing for liability reasons (sigh). And also does not allow visitors due to covid policies. At my anatomy scan I got a couple of photos that they printed to show DH, that's it. Fortunately he doesn't really care about this kind of stuff and didn't usually come even when it is allowed, so wasn't bothered by it.

There's one clinic in our hospital that is dedicated to maternity, and they have a doctor that comes in after the tech to tell you whether everything is okay or not and prints pics for you. The other clinic isn't, mostly doing ultrasound on people with knee injuries or whatever, and the techs aren't allowed to comment. They also don't print pics and again, you aren't allowed to take one. It is so much of a more miserable experience, blah.

26. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@jaguar: glad all is well, that’s so stressful when they don’t tell you anything like that
    We are back from Disney and I had my appointment today, measuring one day ahead with a perfect little heartbeat! I'm moving over to my regular obgyn now, and will have another appointment next week. Here is the little blob
    i’m hopeful to get my NIPT testing done at 9 1/2 weeks because we are going on vacation, have y’all been able to do it that early?

27. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LAZB: lovely little baby blob

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@bhbee: thank you! I'm looking forward to next week with a clearer ultrasound. It's funny, you would think the RE would have the best one, but my ob gets a clearer picture

29. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LAZB: Hi baby! Mine have all been 10 weeks

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: yay, amazing!!!

My NIPT (Myriad) says all over the paperwork that you must be 10 weeks and will not be accepted before 10 weeks, but I imagine it depends on which service your practice uses. I think some are available starting at 9 weeks....

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Our daycare has an infant opening next year, not perfect because w have to pay for the slot before we need it, but we were expecting them to not have a slot open until Sept 2022 so it should definitely simplify childcare arrangements.

The thought of sending a 12 week old off to daycare though feels a bit heartbreaking. In some ways with DD we were lucky, as she was around 3 months when daycares in our state were shut down due to COVID and didn't end up starting daycare until 9 months.

I'm still a bit stressed about childcare logistics. Our daycare is still on reduced hours from covid because of staff shortages (we have a 4pm pickup), they should be going back to normal hours soon but haven't confirmed, and our babysitter who helps with pick-up is quitting. Childcare in our area has been a mess the past year because public schools were nearly all remote and absolutely everyone needed childcare. I can't drive for medical reasons and public transit (the bus) is a pain, so just hoping we can juggle daycare logistics, especially once the new baby arrives. If I'd known we'd be having another, I would have thought much more seriously about switching to a nanny, but had to sign 12 month school year contracts for 2021-2022 back in March for my other two kids. We really like our daycare, though, so at least I'll know the kids are all in good hands while there...

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@periwinklebee: childcare decisions are so tough! I’m glad they have a spot for you, I know it’s such a tough decision to make before the baby is even here

33. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Funny story: my nurse practitioner at my obgyn’s office called me yesterday afternoon because she saw my name on the schedule for next week. She said she was so surprised to see my name that she just had to call LOL. I told her that I was pretty surprised too
    I got to chat with her a bit and she said that I should be able to do the NIPT testing the Thursday before I leave because according to LMP I’ll be 10 weeks, even though my ovulation was likely a little later. She already put in the order and I can schedule next week!

34. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: What an amazing nurse! I find it can make such a big difference.... And fantastic about NIPT! Hoping that the next weeks fly by for you

35. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

Hi, all! Hoping I can join in here since the thread has opened up to a range of winter due dates, and I finally visited the OB's office this morning and got a peek at baby.

EDD: February 17, 2022
    How far along: 9 weeks, 5 days
    First child? second (DD is five-and-a-half)
    First doctor appointment: today!
    Any symptoms so far? I was super nauseated until eight weeks on the dot, but have been feeling much better since. Lots of napping, however!
    Who have you told? My parents (about two weeks ago), DH's sister (a few weeks ago), and DH's parents (today). We are holding off a few more weeks before telling DD.

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lady baltimore: yay! Welcome! Glad the nausea has resolved. I’m 18w and still craving those naps though so I feel ya!

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@lady baltimore: Congratulations and welcome! Amazing news! And so glad to hear the nausea is better.

Hope everyone is doing well. It feels like this baby (and hence the belly) has doubled in size the past week (lol, and maybe he actually has). Definitely feeling more awkward moving around....

Given this is #3 for us, I'm thinking there's really not anything we need, beyond NB diapers. And checking that our carseats will install okay 3 across... But can't believe there is only 4 months left to get work and the rest of my life in order before the EDD!

38. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@lady baltimore: Welcome lovely. All are welcome! xx

@LAZB: What a sweet nurse!

@periwinklebee: It's so weird isn't it? I am both prepared and unprepared at the same time. Far out!

39. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@lady baltimore: welcome! Glad I’m not the only February mama joining

Still waiting for my appointment tomorrow to tell the kids, but I did sneak peek and got results yesterday, it’s a girl! I won’t officially believe it until the NIPT, but it is making this feel more real!

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

I’m 18w6d and excited to say I finally today started feeling consistent, for sure, fetal movement. I guess I was expecting it a bit earlier with this being baby 3 and a posterior placenta. Earlier this week I was really starting to psych myself out. Breathing a sigh of relief.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee