Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2021 Due Date Thread

1. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Also, I am going bonkers waiting for my NIPT results to come back. The lab screwed up the first time so I had to give another sample. It’s been a mess since then, but hopefully by early next week. At least everything looked great at the NT scan, otherwise I would be going really crazy

2. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: ugh about NIPT, super annoying, I hope the time flies by until the results arrive...

My older two are 23 months apart, and #2 and #3 should have almost exactly the same age gap. I guess at least we know what to expect! I love having kids that are fairly close in age, but this time it has also been super fun that my older understands and has been super excited about the pregnancy. He gives baby brother about a zillion hugs everyday and loves saying hi to him, which is super cute. Last time he was too young to really understand...

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@periwinklebee: I was planning for a 23 month age gap, which I know isn’t too much longer than 20 months, but that seems a little less babyish when the next one arrives. I think having them close together is great, and this is all working out the way it supposed to, good thing my youngest already loves babies! She must think she’s bigger because she always wants to give them hugs and kisses and pats them on the back, even when they are the same size LOL

4. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LAZB: That is SO frustrating!! When are they due back from the repeat testing?

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

See all my big girls are 3-3.5 years apart, so I was lucky that they were a lot more independent.

Amelia and new baby being 2 under 2 is slightly TERRIFYING haha.

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: I feel like that gap was pretty doable last time, but between just having more kids this time around and my daughter's personality, count me in camp terrified. I'm hoping the 20 vs 23 months will make a difference, but won't hold my breath...

Ugh, DS transitioned to preschool a week ago and his reaction to the transition has been getting up at 5 every single day (at the latest) rather than his usual 5:45-6. DD has been home sick and not napping/sleeping well. Officially in 3rd tri now and had my GD test and shots today. I'm completely wiped. ugh...

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I am so happy to report that my NIPT results finally came back and we are having a healthy girl!!!

8. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: Amazing news!!! This made my day! Congrats!!!!!

9. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@periwinklebee: thanks so much!! I was so relieved, I can finally believe this is happening!

10. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Oooh welcome to the 5am club. Amelia's sleep is shocking lately!!!

@LAZB: WOOHOO! Congrats mama xxx

27 weeks today, squee!

11. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Just me checking in on everyone. How are we Mama's?

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Chugging along and definitely to the uncomfortable phase, lol... My kids were out for over a week with RSV recently and of course passed it along to me - during one of the busiest weeks of the year at work - so that was a bit challenging. But hopefully they'll have some temporary immunity and won't bring it home again when the baby is a newborn, ugh, it's going to be a very long year. I remember being so worried about illness with my December baby and older kid in daycare, and just when we were nearly out of flu season, global pandemic strikes and there I am sanitizing the groceries.

Definitely still a bit worried about how we are going to juggle three - my one year old is at a stage where she is just really a handful, constantly wanting to do something dangerous or dump everything in the house out of its receptacle, and my three year old is still in the adjustment phase to preschool. But it's so sweet to see how much my kids adore each other and how bonded my older one already is to his baby brother. It just doesn't get any better than that sweet sibling relationship (even when they're not being remotely sweet to each other, lol...)

13. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Omg you poor thing with the sickness. You're right though.. get it out of their systems now!! haha

That is SO life with Amelia right now. The big two are ok, but she's 20months old and is constantly trying to kill herself, demands being held, and LITERALLY DESTROYING MY HOUSE. The others were never like this as toddlers, she's a real little firecracker.

We've enrolled her for daycare come January, so at least it will give her the play and social attention she craves, and me some sanity with work and baby!!

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Hah hah, it sounds like our 20 mos are two peas in the pod... I would spend so much time when my older one was this age reading books to him. With DD, I get halfway through the first page and she is literally standing on the back of the couch attempting to leap the several feet down to the floor. So glad you will have daycare for her come January - it sounds like an insane amount to handle!

15. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

30 weeks and we're moving to fortnightly OB appointments. Oh my gosh this is getting REAL.

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: awwww

Not too long to go!!! How are you feeling? Here, things are good. I feel like my main issue is just being super tired all the time. This is my last pregnancy and I feel like I need to enjoy the good parts about it but I'm just so darn tired...

My kids have been in a needy/really want mommy's undivided attention phase. Hoping they don't go into total meltdown when they realize they have to share me with another person, who is going to require a lot of attention... My oldest is super excited about baby brother, and I think will really relish his big brother role, as he does already with his sister.

MIL has announced she plans to stay for 6 (yikes!) full weeks after the baby arrives. She can be really demanding (never satisfied with anything), doesn't get along well with DH, and I just don't feel like I can handle that length of visit, or anywhere near it. My current mission is to convince her it's simply going to be too boring to sit around our house for that length of time, ugh...

17. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

My daughter was an early December baby, so I am enjoying following along with you all who are due around then - reminiscing about my first go round.

I am nineteen weeks today, and had my anatomy scan this morning. We got to watch baby squirming around for at least an hour, as it was refusing to cooperate and let the tech get a specific picture of the heart that she needed. In the end, all looks good. Just waiting on the results of my quad screen, and then I feel like I'm in for a bit of a quiet period. Other than routine monthly visits, next testing is, what, glucose test in a couple of months?

@periwinklebee: Yikes. Good luck getting MiL to change her plans. I sometimes get annoyed when DH is home during the day when I'm off; I for sure couldn't tolerate a house guest for most of my maternity leave, never mind one y'all don't particularly get along with.

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@lady baltimore: Yay for a good anatomy scan! Fantastic news!

My OB is doing virtual visits when possible due to covid, so it's been such a quiet pregnancy in that respect. I went in for US at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, and 20 weeks - and glucose test/rhogam shot at 26 - but besides that just virtual visits. The virtual visits feel pretty pointless - the doctor just asks if I've had any bleeding or fluid leakage and if I have any questions (nope) and it's over in pretty much 60 seconds. At least time efficient...

I'm really hoping MIL will back down on the extended visit - maybe sounds bad but I just can't handle it. Blah...

19. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@lady baltimore: Glad all is going well!

@periwinklebee: Virtual would be so hard. I'm plugging away here. Sciatica is insane and I'm limping a bit, trying to find somewhere that is still considered an open essential service to help as most places are still closed to Covid lockdowns. Gaaaaah

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: ugh, so sorry, that sucks. really hope you can find an open provider...

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Had an ultrasound today and baby is breach. I didn't have this with my other two, ugh... The tech said not to be concerned at this point but he needs to ideally turn within the next week or two. The rational half of my mind is trying to tell myself it doesn't really matter, you get through recovery one way or another and if I need a c section it will be fine. But the exhausted, hormone-laden primal part of my brain is like nooooooo, ugh, it's already going to be hard enough to manage 3 - don't add in more recovery.

On that note, I feel like after everything that's happened in the past 1.5 years, now should be a pretty manageable time. But the pregnancy hormones, exhaustion, and discomfort are making everything seem pretty overwhelming regardless.

22. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: That was me a few weeks ago! Hands and knees scrubbing floors ... floating in baths.

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: Hah hah, I'm pretty sure if hands and knees scrubbing floors worked, this baby would not be breach, because why, why does my one year old's food always, always end up all over the kitchen floor, lol!

24. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: hahaha well try the opposite - leave the chaos and feet up!

I can't tell where bubba is right now because I have movements exploding EVERYWHERE.

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: lol!!! I hear you, it's going to be a very long couple of months... I remember when my daughter was first born being taken aback at how tiny she was, because they do not feel that tiny when they are thrashing around inside!

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: Right? I feel like I'm going to birth a 20lb monster at this point!

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Ladies sorry I have been MIA! So much going on around here. I’m 29w6d today and getting dressed to go do my 3 hr glucose tolerance test since I failed the 1 hr screen last week. Passed with my first two.

I spent 6 hrs Tuesday morning at L&D getting checked out bc the whole night prior I was up with nausea, vomiting and right upper quadrant pain. They looked for HELLP, preE and cholestasis of pregnancy (bc I’ve had them before with prior pregnancies), but in the end everything came back perfectly normal, so they are calling it severe GERD. I’ll take it.

On the big news front we bought a house about 25 min southwest of where we are right now. Going from 1530 sqft to 4100, so I’ve been working with a designer to find furniture, art, everything. We had to prep our 102 year old house to put on the market in just three days. It sold in 3 hrs, over asking, waived appraisal and waived inspection. So we cancelled the open house the next day and called it done. We close Oct 25/27 on both.

Other than that just been working still (reevaluating that after this week), and really hoping I don’t have gestational diabetes since I have enough going on as is.

I’ll update the list soon too - perhaps during one of these one hr breaks. 😊

28. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Good news - passed my 3 hr GTT! 🍊

29. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@yellowbeach: Woohoo, glad to hear it. And WOW epic sale and move! You're going to be a busy bee! xxx

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

So I'm 32+2 and baby is measuring enormous again, haha. She's about 8 days over.. so my track record of growing and birthing big baby girls continues!

Bit of a smile, you think?

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar Due Date Babies

11 Nov: LindsayinNY (#3)
    29 Nov: PeriwinkleBee (#3)
    01 Dec: Jaguar (#4)
    17 Dec: YellowBeach (#3)
    17 Feb: Lady Baltimore (#2)
    28 Feb: LazB (#5) ?
    ?? Mar: MountainBaby (#3)

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LindsayInNY: How have you been? haven't heard from you in a while?

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: Ughhh in the miserable home stretch lol! I'm good but feel huge, the carpal tunnel numbness sucks...

34. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LindsayInNY: You're so close Mama! And carpal tunnel SUCKS!

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@yellowbeach: Congrats on the new house - amazing news! And sounds like an insane amount to juggle... We were in the midst of a major gut reno during the first couple of months after DD was born (and leading up to that). Thankfully she somehow slept beautifully through the insane amount of noise. We still need to re-do the kitchen, and need to do it soon as the appliances are nearly 20 years old and near failure. I've started to get the ball rolling on that, but right now there's such a long wait time for contractors in our area that it probably won't start until next spring or summer, which is okay timing for me.

@jaguar: awwww great picture!

@LindsayInNY: so close!!!

Definitely in the uncomfortable phase here, although beyond that no real complaints. I'm still freaking out about how on earth I'm going to handle adding a newborn to the mix - our kids have both been in challenging phases and life with work + kids feels so chaotic already. I really want to enjoy the newborn phase and not just feel overwhelmed all the time, I think somehow I need a change of mindset b/c the feeling overwhelmed seems to be pretty much a constant of life lately... I think sleep deprivation from being so uncomfortable is not helping...

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@periwinklebee: UGH. We're renovating a second home. Thankfully DH has been taking full charge on that but it's hard to not be present or close by while it's going on.

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LindsayInNY: Ugh, sounds stressful, though amazing your DH has gotten really involved. I've heard from contractors that like 90%+ of the time, the woman is managing everything (as with so many things in the "domestic" sphere...), some men get super into diy renos but that's apparently the exception. We love our house to pieces, I am so glad we are here, but it's definitely been a time sink

38. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@periwinklebee: I do SO MUCH that there was no way I was taking this on. I also get analysis paralysis so I let him decide a lot of stuff. If I have an opinion, I'll let him know otherwise whatever works is good for me lol!

39. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm due March 9 and have my anatomy scan on Wednesday! So excited to see baby and find out the gender!

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MountainBaby: Yay! Do you have any guesses or feelings one way or the other?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee