Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2018 moms!

1. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Good luck with switching doctors! I think with my practice it's very unlikely that my doctor would actually be the one to deliver as well. My hospital is a bit further away (only 6 miles, but rush hour traffic could make it up to an hour, probably worse in Jan if weather is bad). There was a good birth center option closer with midwives, but i heard less than great reviews if complications come up and they need to transfer you to their affiliated OBs.

I can't believe how much I've slept this weekend, and how exhausted I still am

2. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

Hey everyone! I guess our group is a quiet one.. no venters complainers here..haha. we are content and drama-free?

I don't have much to say but just dropping in to say hi and hope everyone's first tri is chugging along...

3. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

I'm sort of playing along in this group too but don't think I've made it official. My edd is 12/23, however I was waaay overdue without LO #1. I'm guessing lo 2 will be a 2018 baby (much to my husbands tax chagrin. He's a cpa). I have a 28 month old girl and we are expecting a boy.

4. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrs.kiwi: Hah hah, yes, content and drama free so far, thankfully. Still chugging along, with no sign of first tri symptoms letting up (I'm so tired of bagels and dry cereal, lol). I have my NT scan next Monday, and we should get the NIPT results back sometime next week. Just keeping my fingers crossed that everything looks ok...

@Littlebit7: Congrats on your boy! Yeah, Jan is definitely not ideal from a tax/insurance perspective but maybe little boy will surprise you and arrive punctually

5. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrs.kiwi: If you wanna vent, I'm all ears!

Hope everyone is doing well!

@periwinklebee: you're getting so close to the end of the first trimester, hopefully soon!! Still nauseous here but if I take the 4 diclegis it's pretty minor. If I miss its pretty yucky feeling. So I gusss that's an improvement!!

6. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@periwinklebee: I know! Hope so! Thankfully for our insurance is doesn't matter...we run jul-jul. it's the one time that insurance isn't screwing me over (I kid...I kid....sorta)

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm glad the diclegis is helping - I wouldn't want to live without it either! My nausea is fairly manageable if I stick to a small number of bland foods, but depart from that even slightly and it's pretty yuck. I haven't kept down veggies in like a month, hah, every time my app tells me that a pregnancy diet should be rich in veggies and protein I consider deleting it. I was expecting nausea but not how restricted my food tolerance would be... so weird.

@Littlebit7: I'm glad at least that your LO's birthday won't matter for insurance!

8. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@periwinklebee: 😂😂I hate those app "eat healthy" comments too!! If ever there were a time to be a little forgiving of yourself this would be it! I made 14 weeks today (YAY SECOND TRIMESTER!) and I'm going to visit a new mama and newborn today so it's a fun day here. 😊

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Anyone in the January group have NIPT done? Most of the ladies in Dec seem to have had it done, so getting good results and finding out the sex is at least kind of a fun way to end the first trimester.

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Yay - congrats on surviving first tri!!!

I had NIPT done - my account says that the results have been sent to my doctor, and now I just need them to call. They're pretty slow about anything that's non-emergency, so I really hope they call tomorrow and I don't have to wait til after the holiday...

11. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@periwinklebee: are you TG or will you find out the sex? Exciting! I told myself most of the first trimester I would start to get excited if those results came back fine (which they did.) Amazing what they can tell just by a blood sample!

12. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@periwinklebee: I called my doc and asked for the nurse. She read me the results. I couldn't wait on edge for them to call me!

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@2littlepumpkins: We're finding out - I would be open to TG but my husband has zero interest in it Mostly I just want to know if the genetics are normal - if so it will definitely be a huge sigh of relief.

@Littlebit7: At my practice, you only get to speak to a person if you call the emergency line, otherwise it's message only. I may try that anyways though if I don't hear back soon - patience is not my virtue!

14. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@periwinklebee: we were the same about the gender! But by the time we found out I wanted to know too! Took almost two weeks but still quicker than waiting for the anatomy scan. Hopefully you'll get a call soon!!

15. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I got an email this morning that counsyl had released my results, so no need to wait any longer for the nurse to call. No trisomies - I am so, so relieved! And it's a boy!!!

NT scan this morning also looked good. Baby did not want to show the back of his neck, so we got to see lots and lots of him before he finally cooperated - I loved seeing the little tiny fingers

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: Congrats on no trisomies and a little boy!

17. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@periwinklebee: congrats!! Glad everything looks good!!

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: @2littlepumpkins: Thank you!

@snarkybiochemist: I hope things are going well - you must be halfway through by now!

Ugh, I feel like I'm maybe having a few more good moments nausea-wise, but the bad moments seem to be getting worse. Yesterday I couldn't manage to keep anything down, even liquids, after mid-afternoon - I think it was the sickest I've been yet. I also had a headache, which may have contributed. My app keeps telling me nausea should be getting better. I really hope I'm not one of those women who ends up puking for nine months straight

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I am 20 weeks today and if it makes you feel better I was on the diclegis until Friday. I forgot it at the end on 17 wks and felt miserable still. So while my nausea didn't last the whole 9 months it was longer then my app claimed it would stick around for.

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Congrats on hitting the halfway mark! I'm glad you're finally feeling better - it gives me hope!

21. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@periwinklebee: congrats on your boy!! My first is a boy.. loved having a little boy first 😃 He will be so much fun

22. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrs.kiwi: Thank you! I hope things are going well!

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

How's everyone doing? I made it to the second trimester and (knock on wood!) am loving it so much more than the first. I noticed a sudden and substantial improvement in nausea, which is great after subsisting on bagels and dry cereal most of first tri. And I'm definitely starting to get a bump. It makes the pregnancy a lot more real for my husband, which is great. Still hiding it under scarves and flowy tops at work, not sure when I'll tell but probably soon. I'm not really looking forward to telling, some people I know will react fine but not really sure what the general reaction will be.

I started putting together a registry list this week - I don't want to buy anything until close to the due date, once we can get the completion discount, but I like knowing what we'll need and having another to-do checked off the list, it makes everything feel less overwhelming. I'm trying to keep it to things that we will really need, as we live in a small condo in the city, and we could pretty quickly get to the point of constantly tripping over baby stuff.

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@periwinklebee: yay so glad to hear you're feeling better!!! And getting ready for baby is so much fun the first time!! There are so many products out there, it's overwhelming. I think there are way more than when my first was born too! Just remember some things are "good enough" because they go through them so fast, I think that takes some of the research pressure off.

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Hah hah, maybe a little too much fun (in the interest of not going overboard with shopping!) It's definitely a good idea to remember how short the use life on all this stuff is!

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

How are all the January mamas doing?? It's been quiet, I hope that means everything is going well! We've all made it to the halfway mark right? 😊👍👶 Just popping in to say hi!

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm still here! About 22 weeks now. I hope things are going well for you!

My nausea pretty much finished about a month ago, and since then - despite the minor discomforts - I have been LOVING pregnancy. Feeling the baby's movements get stronger and stronger has been the best thing ever

28. gingerblonde

cherry / 184 posts

Hey ladies! I'm still here too, we might be the most quiet due date board ever! Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm 21 weeks, and glad to be past the halfway mark. We are having another girl, and we're working on the nursery and finalizing her name. Our daughter is so stoked that she's going to have a little sister, so that's been pretty special. We'll see if she's still this excited once she's sharing our attention.

My morning sickness is finally starting to subside, but I had kind of a rough ride! Otherwise, things are mostly good. I'm starting to feel flutters, but that's it so far. Due to complications from my last pregnancy/my SPD, I am in regular PT and am wearing a support brace full-time already, but hopefully that wards off some of the issues I had last time. My OB and I have decided that a repeat C section is in my best interest, so that's currently the plan.

@periwinklebee: So glad to hear that you are enjoying it! Feeling movement definitely does make it feel real and gives that sense of connection.

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@gingerblonde: Congrats on your !!! That's so sweet about your older daughter - how old is she?

I hope the PT and support brace do the trick, and you can avoid having the same issues this time.

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@gingerblonde: Congrats on your baby girl! I am having my second girl too (with a boy in the middle) and even though my son and daughter have a great relationship so far, I am excited for my daughter to also have a sister! Do you get to know your c section date way in advance? That would be kind of fun!

AFM I'm 24 weeks and feeling lots of movement. My nausea finally let up around 21 weeks and so that has been really nice. Hoping time keeps flying by! I am starting to develop a stash of cute girly things and I have an amazon list for everything else that is mostly done but I periodically will add things that are nice to haves, or clothing items like white onesies. We picked a name and rearranged the kids room and ordered new beds for the older two (a bunk that comes apart, although we aren't taking lo2 out of the crib yet anyway!) and we're finishing up work being done on our house that we bought in May. Things are definitely coming together!

31. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

Hi ladies! Woohoo everyone is at least half way! I'm 23 weeks and feeling pretty good. Normal aches and getting heavier but so much better than first tri.

@periwinklebee: baby movements are so reassuring! My baby's kicks have been so strong I've been a little worried he will be a wild child.

@gingerblonde: I'm glad you are taking precautions and that there is a plan in place! I suffer from chronic arm/back/neck pain and am wondering if I should start chiropractic care bc I know it'll get worse with 3 kids.

@2littlepumpkins: I'm opposite of you- boy girl boy! I am happy my son will have a brother (he's been wanting a boy sibling) and a little sad my girl will not have a sister (yet). I'm close to my sis and my husband is close to his 2 brothers so we would ideally love a same gender sibling for each. My boy and girl are so sweet together now though so know that that can be a sweet relationship too!

I haven't done anything for the baby yet eep. I mostly have to do thing like rearrange the house, get rid of things, decide on room formation (move my youngest to a big girl bed and figure out if I want a trundle or bunk).. so nothing directly baby related but more like making space for him in our 900sq ft apt haha.

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrs.kiwi: @2littlepumpkins: Good luck getting everything rearranged and making the transition with your other LOs! We haven't bought anything yet, but since this is our first it's just a matter of rearranging furniture, so hopefully will be straightforward.

Anybody having many aches and pains yet? As a FTM, it's making me nervous because I'm worried I'll have a hard time distinguishing what's normal and what's not. Last night I had the weirdest (to me) thing happen, where the entire left side of my lower back and abdomen kept cramping, but only on one side so I don't think it involved my uterus. It went away now, I figure maybe those muscles were just tired from carrying around the extra weight or something was getting pinched from my uterus growing, but it still makes me nervous that I won't recognize the difference between what's normal and what's a cause for concern...

33. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrs.kiwi: we would have liked to have b/g twins and have a same sex sibling for both of them, lol. But I don't think a fourth is in the cards for us, I'm struggling through this pregnancy! I guess never say never though! We thought we wouldn't be able to have a third but ended up going for it. I just hope we don't disturb their current sibling relationship to the point of screwing it all up, since we have been SO lucky with how they get along. Sorry, don't mean to sound doom and gloom, just the nerves!

@periwinklebee: thanks! If you're having a shower it makes sense to wait anyway. I've been shopping sales mostly to the point of everything being at least 50% off except a couple keepsake things I've splurged on. Target baby clothes sales have been kind to me!

34. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@periwinklebee: hmm I would have cramping on my legs a lot. They say to uptake potassium (bananas, coconut water). Not sure if the back/abdomen cramping is related to that but I personally would chalk it up to body changes. With that being said call in if you're not sure!! There are so many things that are normal and probably so many things that are warning signs for something and it never hurts to be safe. Pregnancy is crazy though 😅 Your body goes thru a lot to carry the baby!

@2littlepumpkins: yes we are actually not closed to 4 but also taking things one kid at a time. Who knows how we will handle 3. I feel that the transition from 1-2 was so much easier than I was expecting that this time it will be harder.. but I am the type that wants to brace for the worst so I don't feel disappointed hehe.

35. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrs.kiwi: That makes sense! We have similar thought processes in preparing, at least for #2. Our second was just way easier than our first but I'm not sure how much of that was him and how much was us.. I think a lot was him though. Just crossing my fingers and hoping for a repeat with #3, haha! It seems like a lot of people think 3 to 4 isn't difficult though, if you do end up deciding to go that route.

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrs.kiwi: Good call on the potassium, I will try that!

37. gingerblonde

cherry / 184 posts

@periwinklebee: Our daughter is 3, she'll be almost 4 by the time baby comes along.

As tough as she's been as a toddler overall, she has been so enthusiastic about having a baby sister that it makes the threenager stage more bearable. I have asked all my friends with two plus kids to tell me about the transition and how it affected their LO, but it seems it really is just different from kid to kid. I thought that A (our daughter) would be jealous to hear she wasn't going to be the baby any longer, but it's really been the only thing she's been super-positive about at all recently. I am afraid that she'll have a radical change of heart once baby is actually here, but who knows? She's surprised me with her reaction so far, and she might handle it like a champ.

@mrs.kiwi: I haven't done very much to prepare either. Basically nothing, actually. It's getting to be a problem... I should probably start thinking about this stuff!

So how do you ladies feel about sharing names before birth? Are you and your significant others open with people when they ask, or do you keep it to yourself to limit the amount of peanut gallery comments?

38. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@gingerblonde: u make me feel better haha. Things have been crazy so I'll reserve October and November to baby prep!

We don't mind sharing names but we never finalize before baby is actually here. We like "normal" (haha) names though and usually people don't comment much hahah

39. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@gingerblonde: That's a great age gap - I bet she'll be super helpful once the baby is here too!

About names, I doubt we'll agree far enough in advance for telling people to be an issue My husband and I have very different tastes - plus we find boy names hard anyways - so I'm really not sure how we're going to manage to come up with a name for this kid!

40. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@gingerblonde: we tell people. I don't care too much what people have to say. Not THAT many people can hate it being that it's a super popular name right now! So far nobody has said anything negative.

@mrs.kiwi: @periwinklebee: our first two went more like that but for some reason I really wanted this one to have a name already!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee