Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: Congratulations delivery date twin! DS (first time saying that!) was 9lbs 9 oz and 22 inches, so I totally understand. Glad all went smoothly!

2. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

Today is my due date but still no baby yet. Anxiously waiting her arrival!!!!! Hope everyone is having a happy fourth!

3. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@dolphin: Happy due date! Hoping she doesn't keep you waiting too much longer

4. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: how are you feeling? After DS1 being that same size I had a hard recovery. So hope you're doing okay! This delivery was so easy and I'm actually up walking around on my own and taking just a few pain pills here and there. Nothing like the time before!
    We got home late last night. Pierce has jaundice so we did a 12 hour light therapy before we left. They were concerned with the holiday this weekend that if we had problems we would be limited on doctors being open. Glad we stayed longer to do the therapy.

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: Not going to lie...I have tons of stitches, I cant really use my legs and my lady bits are so swollen, it feels like a beach ball between my legs. On the other hand, breast feeding is going really well!

6. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@dolphin: happy due date!!

7. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

@travelgirl1: @Ginabean3: thanks ladies! Guess baby girl didn't want fireworks on her birthday! Still patiently waiting!

8. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: ouch! Sorry to hear about your delivery. That sounds rough do you have Earth Mama bottom spray? It was really amazing for soothing/healing. Arnica tablets (homeopathic medication) can really help with the swelling too. Great to hear breastfeeding is going so well!

I'm 39+4 today, my midwife dropped by my house and gave me a sweep (gotta love midwives!) but I don't think anything will come of it. I'm getting really frustrated with everyone asking if baby is coming soon etc. I will let you know when I'm in labour!!! I think I need to stop trying to be polite. It's hard to be patient though!

9. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: that's the way I was with DS1. Be extra careful, I popped stitches around week 3. Not fun. Glad BF is going good! That can be a challenge.
    @dolphin: @QBbride: hang in there it is hard these last few days!
    We had first check-up this morning. Lost about a pound so we will do a weight check and jaundice check in 2 days. We also have to get circumcision done. The doctor at the hospital that normally does them was on vacation so we have to schedule it outpatient now.

10. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Hey, mamas ! I created a postpartum board for us. Come on babies!!!

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/july-2015-mamas-amp-babies#post-2226952

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: I will! My nipples look ridiculous but my milk came in so yay! I am going to see an LC on Tuesday.
    @QBbride: I got the spray from Target and love it! Smells good too.

12. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: I think it smells like cucumbers!

13. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@turkeylurkey: congratulations!!! so happy for you.

14. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@dolphin: on pins and needles for you!

@QBbride: how did it feel to get the membrane sweep? my doctors have talked about inducing me (due to various factors) so as i get closer to my due date, i want to consider other options to get labor jump started. hope your baby comes soon!

15. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@edelweiss: it's slightly uncomfortable but doesn't last long! Expect a bit of bleeding and cramping afterwards. Hopefully it works for you!!

16. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@simplyfelicity: !!! This is so surreal!

@edelweiss: I had two done w DS, it's more an uncomfortable cervical check. I had one at 39 wks (lost mucus plug) and another at 40 weeks had bloody show and put me into labor a cpl days later good luck!

17. mrsjyw

Can't wait for more July babies!

Less than three weeks to go here and I'm split between wishing these weeks away to savoring then w sleep and solo time w DS!

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@edelweiss: My membrane sweeps didn't hurt at all! Since they did them during the cervical check, I hardly noticed.

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: With how many times I get up every night to pee, I think I slept better with a newborn lol!

20. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

So happy to share that DD2 has arrived on July 5th, 7lbs and 13oz, 21.5". We are so in love!!!

21. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@dolphin: Aw, congrats! Hope you are both doing well!

22. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@dolphin: Hurray! So glad she is here! Hope you are both doing wonderfully!

23. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@dolphin: congratulations mama! How are you guys doing??

24. mrsjyw

@dolphin: ahh congratulations!!!!

25. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@dolphin: hip hip hooray!

26. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@dolphin: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

27. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@dolphin: Congratulations! Yay for more July babies!

28. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@mrsjyw: Savor that solo time with your first-born!

29. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I'm ready for more July babies! It's crazy to think I'm still not even to my due date and my baby is 2 weeks old already! He's sawing logs right here next to me

30. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Late to update here! Our beautiful son Nolan arrived 07.06.15 8.6 pounds and 21.5" long. Beautiful in every way.

31. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Reese: Congratulations! Great name

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@dolphin: @Reese: Congrats!!!!!

33. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Chase Henry was born Monday, July 6 at 4:14 pm weighing in at 9 lbs and 22.5 inches long. Thank goodness we induced when we did!!

34. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

So many new babies this week! Congrats @Candy_nee: @Reese: !

35. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: You have almost made it to Friday!!!!!

36. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: 6 hours and counting!!! I have seriously barely moved from the sofa today

37. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: @Candy_nee: Congrats mamas! So exciting and glad things are going well!

38. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

How is everyone else feeling? I am 39 weeks tomorrow and since Monday have been feeling a little "weird" and having the occasional contraction. Nothing close to a pattern or even timeable, and more uncomfortable than painful. But I didn't have this much activity last time so maybe things are getting ready.

I am going to ask for a membrane sweep at my appointment tomorrow and hope that jump starts things over the weekend. I have an induction scheduled for Tuesday but would rather not go to work Monday if I can help it as I pretty much wrapped things up today.

Sometimes I feel like I have more contractions when I am standing and walking so I am doing laps around my kitchen at the moment while DH is in the pool with LO.

39. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@MamaCate: I'm 38w3 days, and also been having moments of feeling weird. A lot of it happens when I'm in bed, so I'm half asleep and not quite sure what I'm feeling! I'm getting pretty anxious to get this show on the road! Next appt. is Monday.

40. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: I'm 40 weeks today and haven't had any contractions or anything, but I have been taking it very easy this week. I'm really torn on whether to get a stretch and sweep or even a check today, I'm scared of the pain, lol.

My due date is here! And today I qualified for free health care. I am so relieved and happy!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee