Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Today's my due date! I had a membrane sweep this morning, only 1cm dilated, but her head is still fairly high. I can't help but think she's not going to fit, I'm fairly petite and had a HUGE head when I was born. He offered to induce on Friday (40w2d), so we are waiting to decide. What do you all think?

2. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: happy due date!! I hope the membrane sweep works! Did you get an estimate of how big she's measuring?

If you do decide to induce, I hope it goes faster than mine!

3. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: no idea how big she is! He did a quick ultrasound to see where her head was, but didn't take any measurements.

4. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: ooo exciting! hoping that membrane sweep is doing something!!

So my newest symptom today is TMI - rectal pressure, so weird! Maybe it means baby is dropping some?

5. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: Happy due date!!

6. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Purpledaisy: hope things went well for you!

7. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MrsKRB: Unless they think you'll wind up with a c section if you wait because the Baby's head will get bigger or something, I'd wait a little longer on the induction. I think they are easier in your body if your body is closer to ready. It is really annoying to wait at this point (I am too !) But probably worth the extra days.

8. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: yea I think you're right!

9. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

So induction scheduled for 41 weeks on the 15th (go in on the 14th for a foley). Hopefully she comes in her own, but I'm not holding my breath! Feels good to have an end in site though.

10. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: glad it is good to have the end in sight ❤
    So, how long after birth are you supposed to start kegels? ... I need to but don't want to start before it is ok.@brownepiano: same, I'd chose to wait if you are allowed. But yes every day after my due date I cried.

11. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: possible, baby girl was -2 when I was 10cm! Descended only during pushing and it was fast

12. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

It's exciting seeing everyone's babies coming!

My weekly check up my doc said the baby head is down, maybe -1 maybe 0. Any body know what those numbers actually mean? I should have asked but I didn't think of it.

He said I was also just starting to dilate... maybe a half a centimeter but he wasn't really ready to commit to the number. Getting closer!

13. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@pastemoo: I saw a physical therapist in the hospital for my SPD and one of the exercises she gave me was kegels lol so I guess any time it feels ok? My discharge papers said any exercise I want as long as it doesn't hurt. I had no tearing or anything though..

14. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@RKitty: 0 means the head is engaged in the pelvis, +1 means he is a bit lower, +3 is when he is ready to come out.

15. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: That's good to hear because this babies head is about there too.

16. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

So, I wrote up my birth story and it is over 3 pages in word. If you want it, email me. But I'm not posting a whole blog on here.

17. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@pastemoo: Congrats! Can you share basic stats? Like length and weight?

18. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@pastemoo: lol too funny. I never wrote it down for LO #1 - wish I had!

19. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

First off..... congrats to @Mrs. Pink: @MCD919: @catomd00: @MMcAlli: @Pastemoo: so excited your little ones have arrived safely to joinot your families!!

Secondly, I'm sorry for going completely MIA for 2 weeks. I caught up on our threads today and there is so much excitement going on..... good luck to those of you who are close!!!!

So last Tuesday I went to my high risk OB for a scheduled growth ultrasound. Ultrasound looked great, however my blood pressure had skyrocketed and so my mild pre-eclampsia was now severe enough to warrant the doctor looking at me and saying "let's go have some babies!"

Luckily my husband was with me so we left & drove straight to the hospital. I was hooked up to monitors and watched for a few hours (since I had eaten lunch to recently.)

So on Tuesday (5/31) my two little babies made their debut ....at 36w4d.

An interesting moment in the delivery room was when twin a was announced as a girl and twin b. Yup...my identical twins are not so identical!!!!

Total mystery to our doctors but my DHA and I are so in love (and very busy!!!) With our weekly ones!

Born at about 5.5 lbs and 6lbs we had no NICU time and came home on Friday.

We are starting to find a groove....but it's going to be an uphill journey! Good thing I seriously love them!!!!

20. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow: congratulations! So happy that your delivery went well and your babies needed no NICU time! Amazing! I can only imagine the newborn phase x 2! Hope you are feeling well!

21. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: congrats!!! omg so did you have a boy and a girl, or 2 fraternal girls?? That's amazing they didn't need any NICU time!

22. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: congrats! Boy and girl??

23. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: @pastemoo: yup! Fraternals..... & !!!!! Haha. What a surprise!!!
    (Just reread my last post....the sentence should have read...... "..twin a was announced as a girl and twin b a boy!")

@Alba4: thanks!! Last night was our first night without simultaneous crying fits for four hours straight....so that was an exciting improvement! 😊

24. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: I've been thinking of you, so glad you updated!! How is that possible!? Didn't you only transfer 1 embryo?? Crazy!!

25. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@meadow: congrats!! So glad your babies arrived safely and you're doing well!

26. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@meadow: wow exciting!!! Didn't you do Ivf? How did that happen?!

27. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: Congratulations! I guess it is good you had a little of everything for both Genders!

28. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

I'm still just hanging out and waiting. My body is so tired from bh/early labor. Last night I had contractions at 3 am thati thought were going to turn into the real thing but didn't.

I've had horrible metal mouth again. Worse than the first trimester. Everything tastes terrible! Does anyone else have that now?
    40+3

29. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: @catomd00: @Mrs. Champagne: @brownepiano: thanks! Yup we did a single embryo transfer which is why we were told all along they were identical twins!!!! My OB was shocked and she called our RE first thing the next morning. She was also floored and has no real explanation. All of our other embryos are accounted for in storage....so she thought maybe one was naturally conceived during the ivf cycle. But my husband and I hadn't BDed for a month prior to transfer and then until after the beta. So mystery/miracle!!!

30. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@meadow: wow! That is such a mystery!! But how cool are you going to share their names?

31. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@meadow: that is so crazy!!!

32. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@meadow: wow!! that's going to be a crazy story to share with them when they grow up!! Glad all is going well, def had been wondering about you!!

33. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: Hugs. The worst! I had prodromal labor from Last Wednesday morning till Monday night when real labor started--but I really think it make everything so much faster. Hopefully it's just helping your body have a nice, fast labor.
    Any nose bleeds? Those give me metal mouth--and I have it again.

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: that's crazy!!

@brownepiano: I was having frequent BH last night too, unfortunately I woke up still pregnant!

35. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@brownepiano: 2 nights ago I had BH every 5-8 minutes for 2 hours, but they weren't painful. That metal taste sounds terrible. I'm super thirsty lately, and just waiting. I've got 2.5 weeks until my due date.

36. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Is anyone taking Evening Primrose Oil? I took it for DS #1 starting at 37 weeks as per the suggestion of my OB/midwives. I'm at a different practice this time and want to take it (although current OB was skeptical of its effectiveness). Heading to drugstore now to pick some up! I delivered before my due date last time and am hoping for the same this time.

37. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@brownepiano: boo!! I hate that feeling of "is this something or nothing?" hope it's your day soon!

@Alba4: I've been thinking about buying some, but I'm a skeptical person by nature so I can't bring myself to "waste money" but I see how many people talk about it online positively!

I'm surprised for some reason we haven't had more June babies born yet!!

AFM - had my 38 week appt this morning. Not much to report, but I got my second cervical check. went from 1cm last week to "almost 2cm" this week. It's not a dramatic change, but I'm clinging to whatever hopes I can that things are progressing!! We talked about maybe going ahead and setting up an induction date after 40wk since I'm not opposed (I had a wonderful medical induction with my first), but I'm not sure.. I would really love to go into labor naturally, and I think my doctor is fine with doing induction but leans toward not intervening. Hoping I just have this baby next week and it doesn't matter

-38w1d

38. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: wish. Could split the bottle of Evening Primrose Oil with you!! Lol.

Yay! Progress! 1-2 cm is great news!

39. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: thanks. I can ignore them during the day for the most part because I'm busy with my toddler and they are more like bh. But last night I really thought they were turning into the real thing!

I haven't had any nose bleeds but I am still congested from my cold so maybe that is it. It just makes it hard to want to drink or eat anything!

40. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MrsKRB: We have an induction scheduled for the same day (6 am on the 15 for me). I am really hoping that something happens before then though!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee