Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: you can make it? When was LO1 born?

My doctors Say I'm free to let things happen on its own. I have no idea when/if they recommend induction, but I'm hoping I won't have to deal with that. LO1 was born at 38 &6 so I'm praying #2 comes early as well!

@pastemoo: due dates are head trips. I saw a midwife with LO1 and she said to expect your first to be late. That will hopefully help you get through the frozen time period. Ug. I'm only 36 weeks and I'm wanting him out!

2. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@runnerd: After months of no sex drive mine has apparently hit in full force.... And the first time we DTD last week (after a very long dry spell) I didn't get pelvic cramps but I was uncomfortable and felt off for about a day. I'm guessing everything was trying to remember how it all worked after such a long break, plus adjusting to all the changes! But everything has been fine the last couple times.

@Alba4: Yay for moving placentas! Enjoy the last little bit of your pregnancy!

3. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

Well ladies, after two weeks of laboring my water broke yesterday morning. Crazy scary birth but got a beautiful little boy. I'll post my story soon! I hope you all are doing good! I'm reading post just haven't replied to them.

4. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MMcAlli: welcome baby! So cute. I hope you are feeling well and I'm sorry your birth story was scary.

5. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: ahh congrats!!! He is beautiful and I hope both you and baby are doing well despite a scary birth. Can't wait to hear the story!

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: congratulations! He's gorgeous!

7. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@MMcAlli: congrats! He's so adorable! Sorry you had a scary birth but happy to hear everyone is safe and doing well.

8. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MMcAlli: oh yay!!! congrats!!! Glad y'all are all healthy!

9. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Anyone else having lots of Braxton Hicks? I get like 4 an hour all day long! My dr says its normal, but it's annoying! I know they aren't the real deal, since they don't hurt yet and they aren't 5 min apart.

10. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@MMcAlli: congrats!! So cute!

I'm also following along but not posting much! Almost 36 weeks. 3 weeks Friday until my c section! Can't wait. I seem to be gaining more weight lately. Ugh. Ice cream isn't helping

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: I've been getting them more but not every hour, I isually get them most in the evening, I actually kind of love when I get them, lol.

12. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MMcAlli: So cute! Congratulations! And you kept him to term--huge!!! Glad you are ok.

13. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Alba4: I don't think I've gotten any Braxton Hicks yet... Would I know if I got them? Lol

14. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@MMcAlli: congrats!! He's too precious! Sorry to hear that you had such a scary birth but glad that you're both doing well.

@Alba4: I've been getting quite a few Braxton hicks for awhile now. They are annoying! I don't remember having them this much with my first.

@Mrs. Champagne: it's so hot here I can't stop eating my nightly ice cream. Cookies n Cream doesn't stand a chance in this house

15. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: it feels like a tightening, or like baby is bunching up but your whole stomach is hard/tight. It kind of takes my breath away as well.

16. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Alba4: I was induced at 39wk with #1 for medical reasons with no signs of labor, so I'm not worried that I won't make it just hopefully that this baby comes sooner rather than later

@RKitty: haha, sounds like same experience. guess our bodies forgot how it works lol

@Alba4: I think I'm having a lot of BH.. I am cramping a lot, and my belly is firm a lot during the day and night, but I never notice this softening/hardening pattern, but maybe I just don't pay enough attention. With my first pregnancy, I thought I didn't have BH at all, but looking back I think when my stomach was tight I just thought it was the baby in a weird position.

@starlitsky: like ^ there, I think I didn't know I was having BH.. I totally think it's possible to not realize you are having them.

About to go to 37 week appt, and have my first cervical check. interested to hear results lol.

-37wk today!

17. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@MMcAlli: Congratulations!!! He's gorgeous! Hope your recovery is going well!

@Alba4: I had a crazy amount of BH with my second (never had any with my first), but haven't really had any with this baby. I had an anterior placenta with my first and now this one, but a posterior placenta for my second, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it!

@runnerd: Hope your appt goes well and some progress is being made!

So in true procrastinator fashion, we have just decided to redo the nursery for this baby - nothing like starting that project at 37 weeks pregnant! We'd been planning on keeping our 2 yr old in the nursery for a while, but I think she's ready for a big girl room, so we're moving our almost 4 yr old to the guest bedroom (only doing new bedding and wall art for now, no major projects), and our 2 yr old into her big sister's room (already decorated, just needs a bit more babyproofing). And that means we can redecorate the nursery for a TG baby (we moved into our house when DD2 was 9 months old so it's a definite girl nursery as it is right now). We're doing a muted aqua for the wall colour with light grey and elephants for the contrasting colour. If it's a boy, navy will be the accent colour, if it's a girl, it will be pale pink. Now I'm hoping this baby stays put for a while longer so I can get all the transitions to new rooms done! Seriously, nothing like the last minute....

~37w1d

18. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Ree723: Eee! Good luck on the redo! Pics!

@runnerd: Fun!

My doctor was out on a delivery today so I rescheduled for Monday... and avoided putting anything on the calendar (today was going to be the day we talked RCS). So relieved.

40w1d

19. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MMcAlli: Congratulations!

20. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

I've been having bh mostly at night and in the evenings. I can usually tell because all the sudden I can't breath.

I took my toddler strawberry picking today. I'm trying to keep busy while waiting and not get sick!

39 w 2 d

21. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: @runnerd: hmm I have noticed tight areas in my belly a few times but haven't really felt like there was a pattern and just assumed the baby had moved positions a bit lol.

@Ree723: I have an anterior placenta too! Love the colors you chose for the nursery. Definitely post pics!

22. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: have fun with the nursery! At least you have something to keep you busy for the next few weeks!

@starlitsky: I don't really notice a pattern either, I think once there starts to be a pattern it's more of a contraction? I have no idea, unless I'm in pain I'm not really thinking about it.

23. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: Do the Braxton Hicks hurt at all or is it just more of an awareness of your stomach/uterus tightening?

Had my 39 week appointment this morning and I asked for a cervical check because I was curious. It was slightly uncomfortable but mostly because it took her a while to do the check. I'm a fingertip dilated (less than 1 cm), cervix is still on the long side but soft and low. Whatever that means.

24. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: it doesn't hurt me at all, more just tightening, but I've heard that some people find them painful.

25. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Got my Step B test today... but they didn't do anything rectal! No complaints! And my first pelvic check.

@starlitsky: I was told the same thing is morning pretty much no dilation, but cervix is low and soft. Baby has also started move downwards. He said I'm right on track for where I should be.

He also told me I'm on track for a 10lb baby!

As far as I know I haven't had any BH. When I was sick a few weeks ago and got dehydrated I had what I think were BH for a little while. And I haven't any thing like that since.

@MMcAlli: Congrats! The first boy of the month!

-36w 3d

26. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@RKitty: He didn't swab my rectum for the GSB either. They think you will have a 10 lb baby from an ultrasound or by fundal height? I heard big babies are a little easier though

I'm now 1cm, soft and baby's head is engaged, so.. progress!

-39w1d

27. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@RKitty: wow 10 lbs!!

@MrsKRB: yay progress! Why are big babies supposed to be easier?

28. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: I don't know! It could be an old wives tale but I heard they usually fuss less/sleep more.

29. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@MrsKRB: Fundal. But I've been measuring ahead the whole time and the doc has made comments all along about him being big. And in his ultrasounds he's measured normal to big, but it's been a while since we had an US. And the US tech would make comments about his long femurs.

Big babies run in both mine and my husband's family. And our families are big people - most of our family on both sides are 6 foot or taller. (I'm 6 ft myself) So I've been pretty prepped to have a baby on the larger size of normal!

But I won't object if he's smaller!

@starlitsky: More gravity to help pull them out maybe?

30. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@starlitsky: I've heard that bigger babies sleep more and eat more easily, so they tend to be more mellow.

@RKitty: I'm also measuring big but my measurements have been taken by ultrasound. I kind of wish I was in the dark with this info! Ignorance is bliss.

I just need to psych myself up for labor! We didn't hire a doula this time, since I basically thought I was guaranteed a c-section. Hoping we all have swift labors!

31. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Contractions for over two days but baby is not descending. This is where I am right now. Also lost 6 lbs, which is super weird.
    http://www.mothering.com/articles/the-last-days-of-pregnancy-a-place-of-in-between/

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: 6 lbs!! I hope something happens really soon!

33. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@pastemoo: poor thing hope things start moving along really soon!

34. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@pastemoo: hang in there! That article is spot on!!

35. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Well, I got whatever it is my toddler has. I've had the worst luck this pregnancy with getting sick! 39 weeks and 3 days and I've got a head cold and a fever might join in soon.

36. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: Maybe you will cough the baby out!

37. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: oh no! Get well soon!

38. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Alba4: Oh interesting about bigger babies!!

@pastemoo: Hope baby comes soon!

@brownepiano: Feel better!!

I lost part of my mucus plug tonight! It might have been as a result of the cervical check yesterday and I hear it doesn't always mean labor is imminent so I'm not getting too excited... It was cool though, in a gross way lol!

Anyone else lose theirs yet?

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: exciting! I'm not sure if I've lost mine, I haven't been paying much attention.

40. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@starlitsky: yay! Exciting!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee