Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Nurseries

1. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@runnerd: Oh my gosh - W.O.W!

2. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@runnerd: SO cool! That room is going to look awesome!!

3. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: looks amazing!

4. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: Looks awesome!

5. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: That is awesome!

6. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@runnerd: That looks really good! I had decided on doing vinyl stars because I want to do a vinyl quote over the wall but you tempt me!

Have you see this lamp shade from Pottery Barn kids? I really like it, but I don't know if I can spend 40 bucks on just a lampshade!
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/constellation-shade/?cm_src=AutoRel2

7. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: Buy a plain one and paint it!

8. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: That's an idea! At first I thought it was for the entire lamp and thought I'd get it. But when I linked it I saw it was just for the shade and changed my mind!

9. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@RKitty: you could totally make that!

Are people not making progress on their nurseries or just not posting? Hoping it's the former so I don't feel so alone! I've purchased a cite decorative pillow and some felt stars/clouds to make a wall mobile thing! Still not sure where we will be living, so probably won't purchase anything except little decor items until we figure that out. My Pinterest nurseey looks great, though!

10. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@catomd00: I'm not really setting up anything. I have most stuff left from my son.

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@catomd00: actually... we're almost done, I'm just waiting a few more things before posting. Tbf this is our first and we tried for 2 years, so in was overall eager to get started lol

12. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@MrsKRB: can't wait to see! We definitely were all prepared with a completed nursery for our first - it's so fun! We really didn't use it much until 4 months though, so I know there's not a real urgency to do it now (esp not if we end up moving!) but I still want to do it! I'm going to kee slowly acquiring decor until it's go time!

@pastemoo: we designed DD's nursery to grow with her (and she's staying in the crib for as looooong as possible but it does concert) so we can't really reuse any of her nursery stuff. I think I'll just clear some space in her drawers and closet for #2. She will be in our room for a few months anyways.

13. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@catomd00: We put shelving in the closet. And cribs in boxes in the garage.

So we fall in the not so much category

14. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@catomd00: we haven't done anything! But it's mostly because we were thinking of moving (but that's looking unlikely as we haven't found a place we like yet).

15. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@starlitsky: we are in the same boat with moving. We have 2 people interested in renting out our house , so we at end up moving in with my inlaws temporarily. I hate not having a set plan, but at the same time the flexibility forced me to relax which isn't a bad thing either! They already have all our baby stuff stored at their house anyways, might as well just take us in! I can't lie it would be pretty nice being there since they'd do all the cooking and cleaning and laundry!

16. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@catomd00: that sounds like a good plan!!

I need to start making room for the baby (and the baby's stuff). We only have 2 bedrooms so I have to figure out how to make the 2nd bedroom both a nursery and guest room (MIL might stay with us during the week after I go back to work).

17. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@starlitsky: We're losing our guest room to become the nursery as well. We do have another room but it's my craft room (MINE).

We were thinking of getting a futon to keep in there for the first year or so. Which would be a good nap spot for us during tough nights. And since we're planning to keep the little guy in our bedroom with for the first few month if we have company they'd have a bed.

18. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

The painting has been completed in the Nursery! We had hoped to the have the floor done this week too but unfortunately Home Depot doesn't carry the color we wanted in stock so now we're waiting for the flooring to arrive....

19. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

The closet project is nearly complete for our nursery - this was the labor intensive project for us since we weren't redoing the flooring or painting. My husband is still working on wiring up a light inside the closet and is currently at Home Depot buying a bracket & switch for the ceiling fan we're installing. Once those two projects are complete then we can start putting together the cribs and setting up the furniture. YAY!

20. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Hey! Look a floor finally!

21. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@RKitty: ooh! I love that color!

22. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@RKitty: Looks great! YAY

23. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@MrsKRB: Thanks! At first we had a much lighter color picked out but there is so much white on the walls we decided to go with a darker color and I'm glad we did!

@meadow: my husband is awesome

He actually got all but the last piece put in last night and would have had it done but it's a funny shape he needed to cut and we had a dinner date to meet our two month old neice..... but he's doing it now!

Which leaves the trim, socket covers, rebuilding the closet... painting the door... decorating.... lol at least one step done!

24. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@RKitty: oooo love it!!

25. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@RKitty: looks great! I love the color!

26. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

The painting in our closet /temporary nursery is almost done! I think I need to add another coat of paint but I am getting excited to be able to set stuff up finally. And the color is the neutral that i picked for a lot of our house so it is nice to see how it looks. I was going to take a picture but it looks terrible with low light and a phone camera!

27. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

The finished nursery! Truthfully, it looks much better in person haha. Everything is all organized, just needs a baby!

28. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: looks great & cozy

29. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: looks great! Love the pink and navy!

30. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

Pictures aren't great but we made a little nursery progress! Got my 22mo old into his new toddler bed full time so freed up the crib to come to baby's room starting to feel real.

31. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: looks great!

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@runnerd: so cool! I love that wall!

33. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@runnerd: I absolutely LOVE this. So much so I have saved your picture to my laptop to copy an accent "star" wall for our son's toddler room when the time comes! (His nursery is already set - unfortunately!!!!!).

34. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

Thanks ladies!

@wrkbrk: I don't know if you saw, but there is a link at bottom of the first page to the blog tutorial that was my inspiration for the wall.

35. gotkimchi

nectarine / 2400 posts

@runnerd: do you know what color you used for the background? It looks great!

36. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@runnerd: I did! Yay!

37. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@runnerd: your stars came out awesome! I need to get moving on mine!

I know there are few of us doing space theme and Target has a few spacey themed things and so does Michael's right now!

38. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Finally got my accent wall done! Trying to decide if I need more stars or not! Biggest thing to get still is curtains...

39. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@RKitty: that looks amazing!!

40. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty:

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee