Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013 Babies First Birthday Thread

1. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@mrs. blue, my kitchen is always the same! like a tornado came right through.

2. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I missed your video of the cake! Boo! I cant wait to see it!
    @blackbird: that sounds awesome! I will check out that recipe!

3. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: Cant believe your party is this weekend! Hopefully the weather holds up!

Now that everyone is having parties its starting to sink in that my little man is going to be 1!!!! Where did this year go?????

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

So I did the wall behind the food table. The table is normally centered under the light. Took way longer then I thought it would. It also worked out that R couldn't go to school today so during her afternoon nap, all 20 mins of it, I got her cakes made. Currently wrapped up and in the fridge!

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Popping in quickly. Hope everyone has great parties tomorrow!!!

Here is a pic of my balloon wreath. I'll be back with more photos.

6. blackbird

Super cute crafts!!!!

7. Smurfette

@ALV91711: super cute!!! Have fun tomorrow!
    @mes. blue: Have fun tomorrow!

8. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

@Smurfette: that is gorgeous!!@ALV91711: super cute!!! Fun parties tomorrow!!!

9. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: That looks good. I can't wait to see everything else! Have lots of fun today.

All I have left to do is decorate cupcakes!

10. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@Smurfette: that looks good!! Have a great party today!

@ALV91711: love it, so cute!

11. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Wow! That wall looks amazing!!!! Hope you have fun today!!!

@ALV91711: @Mrs. Blue: You ladies have fun too!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!!!

12. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Smurfette: I love it! It is totally cute Hope R has a great time today!

@ALV91711: @Mrs. Blue: Good luck and enjoy your day.

13. Smurfette

The party went great! R had a great time. I think she was asleep before DH even finished the book and put her in the crib. She got a water table and loved it. But OMG the Crazy Coupe is a HUGE hit. She gets in and out over and over. The weather was perfect. Everyone loved the food and we went through a lot of beer! Success!! I will post pictures tomorrow when I get the loaded. Here is her cake I made though.

14. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

First birthday done! It was a great success, and I am thoroughly please and exhausted. The boys are it all up, and we're asleep before we laid them down, just like @Smurfette: mentioned. I'll upload some pictures in the next day or two, but until then here are our messy little cake eaters!

15. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Smurfette: The cake is gorgeous!

@Mrs. Blue: The cake looks like it was well enjoyed

16. Smurfette

@Mrs. Blue: I think they liked their cake! They got way more into it then R did. I think she didn't like everyone watching her!

17. Adira

@Smurfette: Can't wait to see more pics! And your cake looks FANTASTIC! Great job, Mama!

@Mrs. Blue: WOW! They really went to town on their cakes! What good eaters!!! And I can't wait for the blog post about the party (there's going to be a blog post, right??)!

18. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: Your cake looks great! and that wall you did was awesome! I might steal that idea!

@Mrs. Blue: they loved their cake! so cute!

Cant wait to see more pictures of everyone's parties!

19. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

@Mrs. Blue: E & F look so adorable enjoying their cakes!! Love the smile!!! J was not into cake he was putting everything else into his mouth except the cake!!

20. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

Some pics from his bday. It was a small party with family and closefriends. I did chalkboard totally copied @Mrs. Blue so won't post it here

21. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@silver1:love the crown!!
    @Smurfette: I cant wait for you to post more pictures~!

Its been really quiet here since the last few people have had parties- since mine isn't till April I feel silly posting here when everyone's has passed..... where is @blackbird: I know her party wasn't till April either!

22. Smurfette

@silver1: love the crown!
    @cheert16: I totally forgot! I just downloaded them from FB so I will put some up. I know if I wait till tonight I will forget!

23. Smurfette

24. Smurfette

She picked the phone!! Business like Mommy and Daddy!

25. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: SO CUTE! I love your chalkboard sign!! Did you make it? I am getting all the supplies to make LO's this weekend.... yikes!

26. Smurfette

@cheert16: My friend made it! She did the invitations for me (as an etsy invitation store). Did you notice the spelling mistake her, DH and I missed?? Good luck! Just make sure you spell check!

27. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: I didn't notice it till I was looing specifically for it! No biggie- I bet most people (including myself) wouldn't!
    Your friend has an etsy store? can you give me the name?

28. Smurfette

@cheert16: She is on maternity leave right now!

29. Adira

@silver1: That crown is AWESOME!! Did you make that??

@Smurfette: I LOVE your chalk board so much!! And all the glitter!! And R's star headband is so cute! You're going to save all your decorations and send to me if I have a baby girl someday, right?

30. Smurfette

@Adira: LOL! I did save everything but the stars on the fishing line (backdrop) cause they were getting to tangled up. I figure she might want something with stars years from now and I will have a a jump start.

31. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: Boo! thanks though

@Adira: I want to bookmark this thread for years down the road if I have a little girl too! I loved R's theme!

32. Adira

@Smurfette: R can't have them - I already called dibs!

@cheert16: There are a bunch of themes I want to copy, haha! I just need to have more babies!

33. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: Xander will have plenty more birthday parties! Hopefully you can use some then~

34. Adira

@cheert16: Well, maybe! We went big on the first one, but we're not planning on throwing big birthday parties after that. His next birthdays will be family only (MAYBE grandparents too, but probably just immediate family). He won't have another party until he's old enough to have his own friends he wants to invite!

35. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@silver1: I love the crown - he's so cute!!
    @smurfette: I love all the details - great job!! R looked like she had a great time. Such a cutie!!!

36. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Smurfette: You did an amazing job! I really love it.

@silver1: He sure made a mess of that cake

@cheert16: I ordered my chalkboard here. I don't have it yet though. https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/LadybugsandGrasshopp

37. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

Thanks ladies!!@Adira: haha I wish!! found it on amazon! I was looking for so long on etsy and almost gave up and going to make my own but thankfully not
    @AprilFool: he wasn't interested in eating just playing!
    @Smurfette: Wow the chalkboard is amazng and love the stars and all the details!!!
    @Adira: I'm sure in a few years you will have so much fun planning Xander's bday parties. I'm looking fwd to when J is older and DH is gonna want to do lots of star trek and comic/game themed parties

38. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

OK I spent the WHOLE weekend and part of my Monday before and after work doing birthday stuff!

I have been instagraming the crap outta it! Ill post pictures later!

39. blackbird

@smurfette, i can't believe I missed all those photo updates! ADORABLE. Gah, so cute.

@cheert16, haha, i've been doing it a bunch, too!!

40. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Oh I totally missed all the photos! What cuties you all have and what great parties! Ours will be so lame compared to all of yours!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee