Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013: Mamas & Babies!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: I am annoyed with mine too. R has been fussy soft the hour since she has been up. I just gave her to DH and he has her sitting in his lap crying. I told him she is tired cause she just yawned. He just sat there for 5 mins before he got up to try and get her asleep. Morning nap is his, especially after last night. She was up three times for 40+ min

2. Smurfette

We broke out 3-6 sleeper tonight. The 0-3 were getting to tight in the length. All so sleeping in a Halo Swaddle Sack. She has way more room for her feet. Will see how she does. Hope tonight is better then last night.

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Hope tonight goes good. It is crazy how fast they grow out of clothes.

I can not believe but since Isaac got up at 9am he has had one 2 hour nap. I really hope that he will eat and go to sleep at a decent hour. Last night he was up until almost 11pm.

Tuesday we take off to go meet up with DH for a 2 week vacation. I am so excited!

4. Smurfette

@ALV91711: well it is 11:15 and she already is on wake up one. I haven't even slept yet even though I went to bed at 10. Hate when you are so tired, can't sleep.

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I hope she goes down for a while after this so that you can get to sleep.

9:30 and Isaac is in bed asleep after two tries. I hope he sleeps later than midnight, I need some sleep myself.

6. Smurfette

@ALV91711: urg, 1245 and we are up again. No clue how I am going to not fall asleep at my desk. I hope Isaac sleeps great for you!!!

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: oh no, hopefully you get a good stretch now. It is 11:30 and Isaac is up for the first time. It has only been 3 hours since he ate.

8. Smurfette

Well she went 3 hours this time.

I wish I knew what was causing this. She can sleep longer then this!!!

9. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Okay, trying to catch up!

@Mrs. Blue: Glad you survived your first week with the boys in daycare!!! I know exactly how you feel about just wanting to spend the weekend snuggling your babies because you missed them all week! Sorry your DH told his uncle he could drop by. How did it end up going? Hopefully he didn't stay too long.

@Arden: Sorry to hear you've been sick! I know exactly how you feel! I'm FINALLY starting to feel normal about 3 weeks of illnesses! That's a bummer about Vi's latch. Did you get it figured out?

@Smurfette: How's R doing? Any better? Sorry to hear she hasn't been sleeping well! I wonder if maybe it's a growth spurt? Does she seem hungry when she wakes up?
    ---
    So I'm back! I had a lot of fun at the Bachelorette Party this weekend! We had rented out a huge house by a lake. It could sleep 10 (I think 4 bedrooms with Full+ beds, plus a pull-out couch), had 3 bathrooms, a huge kitchen, living room, deck, and had a grill and hot tub. It was a lot of fun! Though I did spend a lot of it pumping, lol. I even bought a power adapter for my car so I could pump in the car (which was necessary when we went out to a bar in the evening).

Xander was apparently a perfect angel for Seth! He even slept until 6:00 a.m., the little jerk! Hubs was good about feeding him and getting him to nap. He ended up going through 25 oz while I was gone, and I was able to pump 26, so woohoo! ALSO, apparently Xander rolled over (front to back) while I was gone! I tried to get him to repeat it, but he was NOT thrilled to have to do tummy time for me, and just cried. Booo!

I missed him soooo much, but we both survived!! When I got home, he was due for a nap, so I made him nap in my arms so I could just hold him, hehe. All three of his naps during the day yesterday were in my arms because I did NOT want to let him go! The party was fun, but I definitely missed Xander (and Hubs). I'm really not looking forward to the wedding now and going TWO days without Xander!

10. Smurfette

@Adira: Yay!! So glad that you had fun and DH survived. Glad that he didn't go through all your milk too! My bachelorette party was at a family friend's lake house, it was a blast. I want to rent a cabin this fall in the mountains for a girl's weekend away.

I don't know what is going on with R. She is still congested. I bought the Nose Frida and it got out some last night. She didn't cough really last night. I try and just get her back to sleep but she wants to nurse. She won't take the pacifier either, I tried that. She didn't nurse very long each time over the weekend. We even gave her some formula Sat and Sun night to give her some more calories but that didn't help. I maybe got 3 hours last night. And now I have her cold. Good thing I accidentally packed an extra Diet Coke in my bag for today.

11. Adira

@Smurfette: Maybe it's just because she's sick that she keeps waking up so much? Maybe she just doesn't feel well and wants some snuggles with Mama, which is why she wants to nurse and won't take the pacifier? That, or a growth spurt, are the only things I can think of. Hopefully once she's feeling better, she'll be back to normal and sleep for longer stretches again! I can't imagine how you're managing at work on so little sleep!!!

12. Smurfette

@Adira: I hope so! I can't remember if it was once or twice last week that she slept through the night. So I know she can do it. We did put her in a Halo Swaddle Sleep Sack last night for the first time, but I don't think that matters. It was just as tight for the arms, her feet just can move around more.

She was so cute all weekend, she would be nursing and then just pop off and stare at me and give me the biggest smiles. So cute!

Also over the weekend, she was passed out in my arms for a nap (not swaddled) and had been for 20-30 mins. I go to lay her down in the crib and eyes wide open. Why does she nap in the crib at day care but not for us?!?!? Little stinker!

13. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE when Xander pulls off the boob to smile up at me! I mean, it's kind of annoying when I'm trying to feed him and he won't focus, but it's just soooooo adorable!!!

Hmm... I have no real advice about getting her to nap in the crib. Do you know if daycare puts her down in the crib BEFORE she falls asleep? Maybe that would work? I know that if Xander's been napping for 20-30 minutes and I try to move him, he'll wake up and be WIDE AWAKE. I have to put him down before he's fully out or else it won't work.

14. Smurfette

@Adira: Oh no, remember R is high maintenance baby, they have to put her down asleep. I am just going to keep working with her. I have the No Cry Sleep Solution book to start tonight.

15. Adira

@Smurfette: hahaha, oh yeah. Maybe the daycare ladies are better at the transition than you. Or is it that the room at home is too bright and maybe they're able to keep it fairly dark at daycare? I don't know how your daycare is, but ours has a separate room with all the cribs, so it's darker in there for them to sleep. Or maybe R just likes being snuggled against you and so she MINDS being put down, whereas at daycare, she doesn't care as much because it wasn't Mama that was holding her!

16. Smurfette

@Adira: It is one room, with all the cribs on one side, blocked off by baby gates. So her nursery is much darker then day care and even our living room, where I had been sitting. I walked back with her and were in her room for a couple minutes for DH to put a clean crib sheet on the mattress. She is just a little stinker, cute one at least!!

17. Adira

@Smurfette: Hmm... I have no advice! My guess is that she can smell you and so when you try to put her down, the lack of your scent wakes her up? Have you tried having her fall asleep in your husband's arms and see if he can make the transition from arms to bed? If that also doesn't work, then I'm not sure! Do you have any white noise?

18. Smurfette

@Adira: The only thing I can think of it is a warmth thing. She feels the lack of body heat. Yesterday morning I got her down for a nap, in her swaddle, and passed her over to DH and she stayed asleep. Then they both napped for an hour and half, ok I did too We use the white noise at night. But she isn't in her room for naps. Sat her morning nap was at home, on me, cause it took an hour to get her asleep, I just wanted her to sleep. Then all the other ones were in the car seat when we were at the mall and then the park walking.

19. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, it definitely could be a warmth thing. Maybe you need to try to transition her more subtly? Like she falls asleep in your arms against your body, then try holding your arms further from your body (maybe resting on something so you don't feel like your arms are going to fall off like that), then maybe then trying to put her in her crib, but keep your hands on her for a little bit? Then finally take your hands away? I really have no idea though, just a thought. Whenever I put Xander down when he's been asleep, I try to keep my hands on him firmly for a minute or so while he settles. I have no idea if it helps or not though, haha.

20. Smurfette

@Adira: When I put her down in the crib I do put my hands for a minute or two on her chest. I don't know the girl is a mystery to me!

21. Adira

@Smurfette: Gahhh, if that doesn't work, I don't know then! She can just SENSE when you or DH aren't there anymore and she's all "That's my cue to wake up!!!"

22. Smurfette

@Adira: Did you notice a dip in your supply when sick? I pumped an 1oz less on each side then I did last week.

23. Adira

@Smurfette: Yes, I did notice a dip, which totally sucked. I had to add pumping in the evening in order to have enough to send to daycare. It seemed finally back to normal mid last week.

24. Smurfette

@Adira: Boo! Plus her not eating much this weekend, I am afraid what is going to happen. Double up on supplements I guess.

25. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, having a supply dip sucks. I think I ended up pumping 2-3 oz less during the day because of it and would have to pump at night after he went to bed to make up the difference. Hopefully your cold doesn't affect your supply for too long!

26. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@arden: How are you feeling this week? I hope you were able to get some rest.

@smurfette and @adira: Hubs and I had a few rough moments this weekend too! Must be something in the water! On our way to the lakehouse, I thought he was driving too fast (going 80mph and weaving in and out of lanes!), and he didn't take that comment too well. The rest of the drive was a little tense. Then, Pete was a terrible sleeper so I was pretty cranky myself on Saturday morning. I asked him to hang out with Pete so I could get some extra sleep, but he just kept Pete next to us on the bed. Well, the little guy was starting to fuss and cry (not very restful for me to try to sleep), so I suggested that maybe DH should change his diaper (since it hadn't been changed in hours! seems so obvious to me!). He felt like I was nagging him once again, so we got into another tiff over it. But then, he got Pete dressed and took him on a 30 minute walk around the lake and I was able to sleep in peace. After we both had some morning coffee, we were able to laugh about it, move on, and actually enjoy the weekend away, but it was pretty tense for a while. We'll be there together for all of 4th of July week, starting this Friday, and I know I'm going to have to try really hard not to nag/make suggestions to him. I will have to re-read @Mrs.Blue's post about letting dads have freedom to make their own mistakes (just not at 80 mph on the interstate!).

@alv91911: How did the rest of the night go? And where are you to for vacation? That sounds like such a treat! You must be so excited to see DH!

@MrsBlue: Tell us more about the sleep training! I hope you were still able to get in lots of baby boy snuggles this weekend. The daycare transition must be so hard. Hope this week is easier for you.

27. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@adira: I'm so happy your weekend with the girls was a fun one! And I love that you brought your pump out with you for the night! It sounds like Xander and your DH had a great time together too. Of course he slept like a champ for him. Classic!

@smurfette: How are you and R feeling today? What did you decide to do with the bottle suggestion from daycare?

28. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@naturallycathy: I am totally up for a new board! (But not brave enough to be the one to start it, ha!) And no, I cannot believe that some of these babies are already 1/4 year old.... say it ain't so!

29. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

GOLD / grapefruit / 4555 posts

@QueensBee: My husband corrected me. We're almost a THIRD of the way through! (Durh, English major brain...). That's worse!

30. Smurfette

@QueensBee: I sent 4 4oz bottles, she drank 2ozs, 39zs, and 3ozs. But she still isn't feeling good. I picked her up at 440 and it is 550 and she is still asleep in her car seat. Her longest nap today. She is due for a feeding and don't want her sleeping too long so she is up later tonight.

31. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Sounds like you had a good weekend. I can't believe that he rolled while you were away, doesn't he know he is supposed to save his firsts for you.

@Smurfette: Hopefully your sleep is better tonight. I don't know how you are working and up so many times.

@QueensBee: That will be nice to get away for the week. I have a rule of no speeding when Isaac is in the car, and I make sure everyone follows it. We are going to meet up with DH tomorrow and spend almost two weeks visiting his family and a few of our friends. We haven't seen DH in a month, so it will be great for all three of us to be together.

I'm just finishing packing and think I have a bit two much for two weeks, but oh well. We will be flying tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous about how Isaac will do. I'm sure he will be great, but there is always that chance that he will freak out. We are flying at a time when he usually naps, so I'm hoping he will just nap the whole way.

32. Adira

I'm worried about Xander... He hasn't had a wet diaper since 4:30. It's been 4.5 hours since then. I nursed him at 6:00 and he seemed to be eating a normal amount... I'm not sure why he hasn't peed at all since then. Should I be concerned?

33. Smurfette

@Adira: I don't know, I would ask the whole hive. Does he seem ok?

34. Adira

@Smurfette: He seems fine, though he's been asleep since 7:15, so hard to tell. But he seemed to be acting normal before that.

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Isaac has had a couple times recently were it has been a few hours between wet diapers. I think if it went much longer I would of worried, but I think if everything else seems fine then it is ok.

36. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh really? That's encouraging. I was kind of worried about dehydration, but he ate 15 oz at daycare just fine and seems to be nursing fine. This just isn't normal for him. I hope he pees soon so I can stop worrying!

37. Smurfette

@Adira: Be careful what you wish for! You might be changing sheets in the middle of the night

38. Adira

@Smurfette: As annoying as that would be, at least I wouldn't be worried anymore!!

39. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: I think he's probably fine. If he's dehydrated, his front fontanelle would be sunken in.

40. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

@Adira: How is poo? Is it soft or hard? My LO also has gone a few hours without wet diap. I was surprised since Im used to him peeing and changing before each feed. But he has not gone longer than 2 feedings without wet diap. I was thinking perhaps since its summer and getting hotter? Anyway I am going to call pedi tmr to find out if he needs some water or give more feedings even if he is not hungry.
    @Smurfette: Hope your LO woke up from nap feeling better and you get a good night sleep too. I hear you on lack of sleep. Its so hard for me to be alert in the afternoons. Between LO wakings and my extended pumping/massaging sessions to unclog my evenings are busy and then before I know its a new day again. I can only hope things will get better soon.
    @QueensBee: My DH is same he thinks I nag/have a list for him to do. So last nite I saw an article on times (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1219962,00.html) and showed it to DH and he came up with schedule to take care of LO. I actually got him to sign up for more chores!! I guess he needed to feel he had more choices and making decisions..

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee