Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013: Mamas & Babies!

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

My photographer emailed me one photo last night while I wait for the rest. I am in love and can't wait for the rest.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: OMG, so cute!!!! Gahhh, so jealous of professional photos!!!

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: When I called back, they said she was half asleep and eating. She said from where she was it looked like she had about 2ozs left, so she eat 3ozs. I am going to call in an hour if I don't hear from them. Which I will take as a good sign. I just hope she takes a good nap. I know she is just tired along with not feeling good.
    I was crying when pumping and not sitting my desk. I hate that I am at work and not there to comfort her. It just breaks my heart.

@ALV91711: ADORABLE!! He is so cute.

I can't wait till we get R's pictures taken again. We just signed a contract for 4, 8, 12, and 18 month sessions.

4. Adira

@Smurfette: Awww, poor R!!! It's good that it sounds like she ate a little bit though. And hopefully she takes a good long nap and maybe feels better! *hug* It's so hard to be away from our little ones, especially when they are sick.

5. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@adira: I jump at the chance to show off my two pups! The dog on the left is the one that passed away a few weeks after Pete was born. Of course, he was my mellow and sweet love bug. Louie (dog on the right) is a bit of a high strung pest with all sorts of issues, but we love him anyway. I really want to adopt another old boy but DH would like to wait until we've found a house.

6. Adira

@QueensBee: Gahh, so cute!!! You can totally tell just looking at that picture that the left one was the mellow one and the right one is more high energy! And look how tiny Pete is!!!

Also, why does your couch look brand new? Do you not ever use it??

7. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@alv91711: Love it!! I just want to gobble up his little chubby arms! And the outfit is super cute. Where did you find it?

@smurfette: Awww, it must be so hard. It's a great sign that she ate but I'm sure you want to be holding her. Just a few more hours and she'll be back in your arms. Hang in there.

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@adira: Ha, yes, I think their personalities do come through in that photo! The couch is only a year old so fairly new and it still looks okay in photos. Upon closer inspection, however, you would see that it's now covered in breast milk markings from all the times I've leaked or splashed milk after pumping!!

9. Adira

@QueensBee: haha, I wonder if my couch has the same indications... I try not to look at it that closely anymore!

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I hope that she is feeling better.

@QueensBee: The photographer had the hat and I happened to bring a diaper cover that matched.

11. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@ALV91711: oh my goodness - SO CUTE! I love that little hat!

@QUEENSBEE: cute pic - and adorable dogs! sorry to hear about your mellow pup - that must have been hard!

@SMURFETTE: hope she is feeling better soon! I'm sure it is so hard to be away from her when she's not feeling good! I am a little sick right now and am so nervous that I will get Liam sick and the thought of him having the same sore throat would break my heart! Glad to hear the supplements are working for you - I should maybe try something - I haven't had any major supply issues but I would love to drop my night time pumping session or end up with more extra to add to my freezer stash!

12. Smurfette

Thanks everyone!! She only ate 6 ozs today, so 8 ozs down the drain. She was sleeping when I picked her up, slept the way home and took another nap. Nursing her now. Fingers crossed she feels better tomorrow. I really need to go to work and tomorrow we are getting the roof repaired so it would be better for her to not be here. She was sming at us tonight, still such a cutie!!

13. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh wow, that's not a lot! Sorry to hear that! I wonder if she'll wake up more in the MOTN to try to make up for it, although I hope not for your sake. Hopefully she sleeps off this illness and feels better tomorrow!!

14. Smurfette

@Adira: I know!! she did nurse awhile when we got home and now. So hopefully she sleeps good. I know I don't get hungry when sick.

15. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, depending on what I have, I don't get hungry either. Hopefully she gets plenty of rest and feels better soon.

16. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@smurfette: Feel better, R! She's sounds like she's a great sport, smiling through it all! Hope she sleeps it off tonight. It must feel so good to be snuggling her this evening!

17. Smurfette

@QueensBee: It did, I can't get enough snuggles! I think some Mommy and Daddy time helped!

18. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

@Adira: Omg he looks so cute with the hat!! love professional pics I now want to get one!
    @Smurfette: glad to hear R is feeling better and cuddles helped Hope today is a better day and things go well.
    @QueensBee: Adorable pic I am always taking pic of LO with my cat something about babies and pets together makes your heart melt!!

19. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

Im so glad its Friday.. yesterday was rough when I got home I was crying from stress at work, pump pain and just exhaustion. I then slept for 2 hours and now Im wide awake. I wanted to go to solstice TimesSq yoga in am still debating whether I am up for it as its so early to get there by 7ish and then head to work. I just so miss my work outs during the week. Something comes up or Im just tired and end up skipping class any suggestions to get in regular work outs?

20. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Smurfette: Wow! Lots of supplements! But glad to hear they're working! I took 2 Fenugreek the other day at the same time I HAD to take a Benedryl. Was hoping to counteract any "drying up" and my SIL laughed at me, saying it doesn't work that way.

@Adira: Hope everyone is feeling better! No doubt Xander is being a carrier from daycare!

@sheskrafty: Thanks! LOL on the "halo"! I'm sad about all the hair I find from K all over the place. I guess bald spots are inevitable.

@QueensBee: Ooh! Tough decision! I would say if Pete was a bit older, like crawling, etc. I would totally go for daycare for the social interaction aspect. But at this young age still, I'd personally choose the nanny. Don't feel too bad about the sleep! I feel like at this age, anything over 5 hours is still great! We've had a couple of really long stretches, but it's never consistent! And I notice every couple of weeks, we have a couple of rough nights. I'm sure just growth spurts! Every mom tells me, just when you get used to something, it changes! And what a beautiful pic of Pete and your pups. Sorry about the one that just passed. And OMG, breastmilk markings! lol! Reminds me - there's one I have to clean up before my ILs come tomorrow!

@silver1: Hope your clogged duct is better! Have you tried massaging the spot WHILE pumping? I try to do that sometimes because I notice one area seems to always get a little hard. Solstice Yoga in Times Sq. Insane! My workouts are just being with the baby all day! I did do a variety of aerobics and squats, dancing with her in the Ergo today!

@ALV91711: OMG - Presh!!!

Whew! That's about all the catching up I can do tonight! We leave for our 2 week trip EARLY Saturday morning! I'll try to catch up here and there on HB when I can get wi-fi! ILs come tomorrow to take us to the airport, which means I need to sort out the guest room (still un-made since our guests last week). Ah! SO much to think about and prep for a long trip and with a baby! She is SO squirmy these days too - I'm scared for the flights!

ETA: I just had to share b/c I know only QueensBee would have seen this IG pic today. K seems to have grown again overnight! Anyhow... love these faces!

21. Smurfette

@silver1: I hear you on the Friday! I am looking forward to having some family time this weekend. No suggestions on the workouts cause I haven't been to the gym since she was born. We were walking in the park during leave but haven't done that since I started back at work. DH and I said we need to go tomorrow morning, R and I will walk and he can run. He has a 5K on the 4th and needs to get back into running longer distances.
    @shopaholic: I know, I wonder if i really need all these supplements. Oh well. K is so cute!! She does look bigger. Thanks for posting, I am not on IG. Have a WONDERFUL trip. I am sure K is going to be angel on the flights. I can't wait to see your pictures.

I think R is feeling better. She woke up at 1045 from coughing, I nursed her for a bit, mostly so it would help her throat. We put her back in the RnP verses the crib. I think the elevation helped her. She woke up at 330 to eat and then slept till 8. I decided to just come into work late and let her sleep till when she woke up. She was coughing less this morning, more snot, so maybe it is all draining out. She seemed happier and more rested.

I heard her poop in the car, felt bad the teachers had to change her outfit and diaper first thing when she got there.

22. Smurfette

So day care was asking me this morning to send more bottles but with less in them. They have her on every 3 hours but think maybe it should be every 2 1/2 hours. She is fine every 2 hours on the weekends. Some days she won't eat all the 5ozs but some days she does. So I don't know what to do......

23. Adira

@silver1: Booo, sorry you had such a rough day! I have no advice about workouts since I don't exercise, haha. Good luck to you!

@shopaholic: OMG, look at her!!!! She's got great head control! Xander's still so wobbly! I'm assuming because he has a giant head, haha. She's soooooo adorable! You're such a good mom!

@Smurfette: Glad to hear that you think R is doing better! That was probably a good idea to let her sleep in since she's been sick. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon! I wish Xander would sleep in. He woke me up at 4:15, I got him to fall back asleep, but then he was up again at 5:00 ready to eat. I fed him and tried to put him back to bed, but NOPE! He was WIDE AWAKE! I didn't get to go back to sleep until Hubs took him to daycare at 7:00!

@Smurfette: Did you mean she is fine every 3 (not 2) hours on the weekend? Do you bottle feed her on the weekend, or nurse her? If you nurse her, it's possible she's getting more out, which is why she can go 3 hours. Though if daycare is having to feed her every 2.5 hours, you'd think they'd want more bottles, but not with less in them, so that's kind of weird. What do you currently send? Did they say that she gets hungry earlier than every 3 hours? I think I read somewhere that babies tend to eat more when they are away from their moms... not sure if that's true, but maybe that's the case with R?

24. Smurfette

@Adira: How was your pedicure? Did you enjoy your morning to yourself? I am a little jealous DH is meeting his work mentee for drinks after work. I want some time to myself as well. Hopefully I will make for my pedicure this weekend as planned.

She eats every three hours on weekend. I count from starting to nurse till the next one. Not when she is finished eating. I do nurse her on the weekends. But we can do bottles and she will eat 4 or 5 ozs. They do want more bottles just less in each bottle. They suggested 3 oz bottles to start with. But many days she eats all 5ozs in one bottle. Right now I send 4oz, since she doesn't eat as much in the mornings, and then 2 5oz bottles. I send a 4th bottle of 4 or 5oz as an extra but she has only drank it once. So I am confused. I will try 4 4oz on Monday and see how she does but I don't want to send more then that. I don't want her in the habit of eating less but more often. I would never get a break on the weekends. I wonder if it is just the bottles.

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I can see were you don't want her getting in the habit of eating more often during the week when she goes three hours on the weekend. Could it of been just because she wasn't feeling great that her eating was off? These little creatures are so hard to figure out sometimes.

@shopaholic: Such cute pics! I hope that your trip is great.

@silver1: I'd love to get working out again, but that won't happen until Isaac will take bottles.

So I have been working on getting Isaac to nap on his own again. He did when he was little, but I'd say the last 4-6 weeks he only wants to nap being held. Well this morning after he nursed I put him in a sleep sack and put him down and he went right to sleep. It feels great to have two hands to do things with. It has been an hour and it sounds like he is starting to stir, not too bad.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

26. Adira

@Smurfette: My pedicure was AWESOME! It was so nice to have it done (my toes were looking PRETTY bad). And then I did some shopping, which was fun. Came home to pump and then picked up Xander at 1:30. So nice to have some extra time with him too.

It seems weird that they want you to send more bottles with less in them, when she occasionally does eat all 5oz. I wonder if @ALV91711 is right, that it's just from her being sick that she's been eating less and stuff. I guess you could experiment with more bottles with less, although if she drinks all four 4oz bottles, you'll be providing her with more overall during the day, right? Which could be rough on you to supply.

@ALV91711: Congrats on getting Isaac to take a nap on his own! Isn't it great to be able to get things done while the baby is sleeping??

27. Adira

Xander's trying so hard to roll over. He's not quite there yet though.

28. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Hi everyone!!

Update on my big nanny/daycare decision:

I stalled!

I was able to have the owner give me until Monday to hand in my deposit. I plan to be there at 9am Monday morning with my registration and check in hand. I am going to see the infant room one more time and as long as everything looks fine (i.e. no screaming miserable babies), I will register him for the daycare. We're going to try it for a month and if he seems truly miserable or terribly sick, we can always switch to a nanny after a month. If that happens, we would lose a bit of $$, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Honestly, after touring about 18 different daycares all around this city and the suburbs, I just don't have the energy to begin meeting with nannies. We were offered a spot at my top choice daycare, so I am taking that as a sign from the spirits that I should at least give it a go!

This whole situation has made me realize that I think I want to try working part time for the next school year. I really love my job and my co-workers, but I would love to have a little more time home with Pete, especially if we move to the suburbs. So, in the fall, I hope to ask my boss if there's a possibility of working on a part-time schedule for the following year. Fingers crossed!

Pete's sleep was crappy last night and the poor guy has been exhausted today. We are leaving tonight to spend the weekend at our family lakehouse. I hope he'll snooze for the entire car trip and then sleep well with the fresh lake air once we arrive!

29. Smurfette

@Adira: yeah I don't get it. I should be able to pump 16 oz, fingers crossed. Will see how it goes for the week.

Almost there buddy!!
    Have fun at your bachelorette party.
    @QueensBee: Glad you made a decision. I hope your boss will let you work part time. Have fun at the lake!

30. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@shopaholic: I'm so glad you posted those photos on here. They are my absolute favorite! I honestly can't say which picture is the cutest because all four of them are so.damn.adorable.

Good luck with your big trip! K is such a lucky little girl to spending two weeks in Italy! You will be missed on the boards but I can't wait to hear about all your experiences and tips when you return. Post lots of IG photos, please!

@adira: Pedicure sounds amazing! What color did you choose? Xander is definitely close to rolling over! That photo makes me just want give him a little nudge... what a cutie!

@smurfette: Hmmm, that is a tricky one. My first response was to say, "I would just send in more bottles if that's what they want. They are the pros." But, after reading your thoughts about her eating frequency, I see why you would rather not do that! It's great that you got her on an every 3hours schedule and you definitely don't want to offset that! Maybe give it another week and see if it's still an issue...?

@alv91711: Glad you were able to get an independent nap for Isaac! You must have really enjoyed that baby-free time. Did he fall asleep on his own once you laid him down? I'm extra extra impressed if that is the case! I can't get Pete to nap in his crib at all and he definitely cannot fall asleep independently yet. Tell me your secrets!

31. Adira

@QueensBee: Glad to hear you were able to get a little extra time with the daycare! I really like ours, so I hope you like yours too (and there aren't any screaming miserable babies when you're there)! And good luck with the conversation with your boss! I hope you're able to work part-time! I've head that moms who work part-time tend to be the happiest!

haha, I totally thought about just pushing him over, but figured that would defeat the purpose! He'll get there eventually. Though I'm worried about when he does because he still HATES tummy time and can't roll front to back, so once he DOES roll back to front, he'll be stuck there and start freaking out, haha. And I got a deep dark pink for my pedicure. It's purty!

@Smurfette: Thanks! I'm excited for the party! And I'm sure Xander will be fine home with Hubs. Though I HOPE Hubs appreciated me a bit more when HE'S the one that has to get up at 4:00 a.m.!

32. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

@shopaholic: I massage the entire time while pumping and then at home I also apply heat packs. The clogs go away but keep coming back. I also take lecithin so not sure what else I can do.
    Aww love K's expressions! Wow 2-week trip must be so exciting!! Is it first trip with baby? Have great travels!!
    @Smurfette: As pp said because R is recovering from illness and hence eating often? Ya you definitely don't want to make grazing into a habit.. do you give pacifier to baby? if so you can try asking daycare to give paci first and then bottle if its not yet time for feeding.
    @ALV91711: Glad to hear you have some hands free time My LO usually does well with daytime naps. He likes napping in boppy it gives him a cozy feeling. But he is outgrowing it and I will soon have to look for another place for those naps!
    @Adira: Wow your LO almost there likely in the next couple of days!! Oo nice pedicure color I am due for one and have try that color. Hope you have fun at party.
    @QueensBee: Yay on getting into your first choice daycare I am sure things will work out well. Hope you are able to get to work part-time and your boss is ok.. Lakehouse sounds fun Have a great weekend!!
    So I did go to yoga today morning and it felt great to be able to be there. I woke up at 4:30 to pump and then did not go back to sleep but just got ready. I came home earlier from work though as I was feeling so sleepy. I don't think I can do am workouts on a regular basis maybe thinking at least weekend workout could be possible as I can have hubs look after LO. Have a great weekend everyone!!

33. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Well, we survived the first week of daycare, albeit a short week. I've been so emotional! I was so excited to spend the weekend just snuggling the boys, and DH knows I don't want to share them right now. So, his uncle, who he is not close to and who we never see, calls tonight and randomly says they want to drive in from out of town tomorrow to see the babies...and DH says that's fine, we don't have anything going on, etc. and never even asked me. I am sooo frustrated!!! I really try to be generous with the boys when we see people, but I just want to be selfish for two days and try to soothe the heartache of the week. Grrrrr. Okay, vent over.

In other news, we did some sleep training last week with great success! I know it's early, but I thought they were ready & hoped it would help them drop a couple unneeded night wakings, though I was fine with them keeping one feeding. I think I feel confident in saying that the boys are sleeping through the night now!!! We've had four nights in a row where they slept from somewhere between 7:45-9:30 all the way to 5 or 5:30! Now, if only we were going to sleep at 8:30! It feels so incredible to sleep again!

34. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

Sorry I haven't replied to anyone in ages! I'm reading everyone's updates but I've been so sick... For like two weeks. And then Vi got sick, and it totally screwed up her awesome sleep habits, and now she's a nightmare to get down. Her latch also went all wonky (can a baby forget how to nurse overnight?), and she wants to be held constantly.
    Hubs is working 60+ hour weeks, so I'm practically solo parenting. So. Incredibly. Exhausted.

35. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Arden: ughhh!! That sounds miserable! So sorry!

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: He wasn't 100% asleep when I put him down as first I put him on my bed to put his sleep sack on, then moved him to his bed, and he stayed asleep. Next two naps he had to be held. I tried multiple times to put him down but he would wake up or have a sad little cry. But one is progress. Glad you decided on daycare, I'm sure it will work out great.

@Adira: Looks like he is almost there. Love the outfit.

@silver1: That is great that you made it to workout this morning, it must of felt good.

@Mrs. Blue: What did you do for sleep training? Glad it worked out and they are both sleeping. Must be nice to get some good sleep in yourself. Enjoy your cuddles this weekend.

@Arden: Hope you are both feeling better. Being sick and taking care of a baby is not fun at all.

37. Smurfette

@silver1: she doesn't take a pacifier
    @Mrs. Blue: So glad you survived your first week, even if short, backup work. I would annoyed as well about this weekend too. I already told DH the weekend in July R is getting baptized his family is not coming up Fri night. He will be traveling that weekend so I want Friday night as family time. I hope he remembers that if they want to one Friday.
    What kind of sleep training did you do???? I need help!!!!!
    @Arden: I am sorry!! I know hoe exhausting solo parenting can be. And being sick and baby sick has to make 100 times harder. Hang in there!!!

I put R down for the night at 830 ish. She is in the RnP in her room so she is elevated since still sick. She woke up at 1015 and then again now at 1245. So ready for this cough to be gone. And for her to put her self to sleep. I am so tired. And annoyed that DH doesn't gave boobs to get her to sleep.

38. Adira

Ugh, Hubs can be such a jerk sometimes. Xander woke up at 5:00 to be fed and I asked Hubs to change his diaper (I haven't asked him for help ALL week to do this and Xander had been waking up even earlier). Hubs response: "No. I'm taking care of him all day." !!!!

39. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

GOLD / grapefruit / 4555 posts

Thought. Since this board is so postasticly heavy, maybe we should start a new March Mommas & Babies board. Most of us are nearly a quarter way through the first year (have you thought of that?). We could make a board to that effect - 4 Months +

What do you think?

40. Smurfette

@Adira: sounds like a Dad response.
    @NaturallyCathy: sounds good!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee