Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2014 Moms come in!

1. Mrsjets

pear / 1699 posts

@HazelEyes: I waited until 6 months with J and did it reeeeally slow using only purees. He's a super picky eater - but that could just be his personality. With L she seemed interested so I tried oatmeal cereal at 5 months, she was just meh about it - I didn't push it but offered a few times a week. With the avocado and banana - I just gave it to her to try as we were eating it anyways. I just tried sweet potato for the first time yesterday and it wasn't a big hit. But I'll try it again today or tomorrow. I'm in the food before 1 is just for fun camp.

2. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Just wanted to pop in and post a milk coma baby this evening.

3. fussygal

pomegranate / 3580 posts

Aw, so glad to see this thread kicking again! I love seeing updates on the March babes.

We're doing great over here. This age is so fun, I feel like there is something new happening every few days. N's been ALL about pulling herself up into a sitting position lately (I swear that girl has got to have a nice set of abs on her under that belly! ), although she can't actually do the sitting part on her own quite yet. She was attempting to blow raspberries tonight and she's always making TONS of noises and sounds - they're pretty hilarious. We bought her a jumperoo but she doesn't have it figured out yet and just kinda clings to one of the toys, leans forward, and doesn't bounce much. We're surprised because she's such a good kicker and squirmy - we thought she'd love it!

We're still waking up 3-4 times a night, but we've got it down to a science and I'm so used to it that it really isn't as bad as it sounds. She's also rolling around but gets her arm stuck under her when she goes back to tummy. Poor thing can't figure it out and it wakes her up a lot, too!

@MrsRcCar: So sweet! DD doesn't like tummy time either - it's a daily battle!

@Sunshinemama Welcome! What an adorable DD!

@Mrs. Champagne Oh, man - so cute! That is awesome that you guys were able to have DH home for the summer, too!

Here are a few pics. One from a restaurant a few weeks ago and one from her 4 month pics - 5 months ones are next week!

4. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@MrsRcCar: Ah! So adorable!!

@fussygal: What a cutie! Our next door neighbor let us borrow their jumparoo and J doesn't really get it either, haha.

We got a tooth this morning!! Ah! I'm not ready! I mean I knew he was teething, but still. I'm already missing his toothless grin. And I know he's like a minute away from scooting. He needs to slow his grow already.

5. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

Hey! We've got 2 teeth up in hurrrr, but it didn't seem to really bother him very much! We just got back from Canada yesterday - the jet lag on the way over was BRUUUUUTAL but it doesn't seem too bad coming back - only one night in but he slept a 6 hr stretch, then a 3 hr stretch, then was up and down til the morning. Not too shabs.
    I've been sooo slack on the swaddle weaning...it needed to happen like 3 weeks ago but with travelling and sleep regression I just couldn't face it. Still can't.
    Aaron is such a sweet baby though - he is so smiley and has such a happy disposition. I'm finding I can forgive him almost anything

6. Bao

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22276 posts

Hi guys! Long time no chat. I can't believe our babies are going on almost half a year old. E has two bottom teeth and may be working on some more. We are working on her sleep, hoping to improve naps a little more. Other than that, just enjoying her!

7. Bao

@fussygal: I still can't get over that gorgeous hair!

8. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

In his latest Candiana - stocked up on Roots!

9. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Holy teeth!! No teeth on our horizon yet. I am ok with it tho. My older boy also teethed later. I am hoping it happens again this time.

10. Bao

@MrsRcCar: A didn't get teeth until 11 months so I was shocked to find a tooth just after 4 months!

11. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Bao: I am hoping to avoid teeth a while longer. I am worried once teeth start that our nursing relationship will suffer.

12. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

@MrsRcCar: I got a SHARP bite this morning. He hadn't done it in weeks, but I was forcing the issue a bit. Overall it hasn't affected nursing really at all. When he bites, I just take him off and start the feeding again in 5/10 minutes.

13. fussygal

pomegranate / 3580 posts

@ScarletBegonia: @Bao: Teeth! Wernt they just little babies?! I can't believe time is flying by so fast. So far no chompers here although her bottom gums are swollen, but who knows how long that will go on before they break through!

14. Bao

@MrsRcCar: teeth haven't affected us so far, did it with your last LO?

15. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Bao: I EP with my first, so I am not sure how the bottles felt as he teethed. Lol This time around I have been lucky enough to be able to ebf for the most part. I am just paranoid. I am sure it will be fine.

16. Bao

@MrsRcCar: oh I wouldn't worry I didn't have issues with A either, at most a small nibble bc she was bored lol. E hasn't attempted to bite yet. You'll be ok!

17. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

Dudes!! 3 weeks since the last post!!!
    How is everyone going? Aaron just celebrated 6 months on Sunday, we didn't really do much to celebrate but had a great day. He's doing so well these days, tons of fun and such a happy little guy! After our trip home to Canada he had some jet lag issues but since then his sleep has been great and the best thing is that he can fully put himself to sleep now! I can put him down wide awake, and he'll roll around, talk to himself, and fuss to sleep on his own. His naps have gotten longer and his nighttime sleep is back to what it was around month 3, i.e. sleeps from 7pm til around 3 to 5, and then goes down for another little while til he wakes up. I'd love to drop the night feeding but I can definitely handle it for now!
    I'm going back to work in 2 weeks, and trying to get him on formula...its not going great!! But I'm hopeful if we keep at it we can get him used to it.
    Overall things are great! Hows everyone else doing?

18. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@ScarletBegonia: hello glad things are going well! Thanks for reviving.

A turns 6 months tomorrow! Thing have been good. About 50% of the time lately he sleeps from about 745-6 something. Other times it's a bit earlier. And rarely like last night he gets up screaming at 3am. Bla! I thjnk he's just going through a little phase.

How long is everyone planning to BF for? He hasn't had formula yet but I'm getting sick of bfing. I really don't like it and never have. But I feel guilty stopping when I'm not working and it's not causing any problems, I just don't like it.

Hope everyone is doing good

19. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

E is 7 months old. At his 6 month appointment he was 18 pounds (!!). He is growing like a weed. I think he is going to be a lot taller then his brother. About a week ago E sprouted two teeth! Nursing still going well. We are doing cereal with fruit once a day. Some days goes really well, other days not so good. I am thinking he just isn't really interested. I am not too big into pushing it, my mum on the other hand is convinced I am starving him because all he gets is breast milk. I am determined to EBF to 1 year(perhaps longer), since I made my goal of 6 months. I love all the snuggles I get from him. Plus I hate to pump, and formula is just an expense we don't need right now. We also still bed sharing. DH would like him to sleep in his crib but he isn't the one that has to get up with E at night.

Most nights E is sleeping 11pm-6/7 am. Sometimes he is getting up around 3:30 for a snack. The other night he slept from 11pm to 8 am. I was shocked and a little sore when I got up but I felt pretty refreshed.

E and N are playing with each other more now and it is so adorable. I think E would be crawling more if we had carpet. Right now E is just rolling and scooting where ever he needs to go.

Hope all is well! Time is flying by.

20. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

@MrsRcCar: Do you do a dream feed at 11? Or is that when you put him to bed? I keep meaning to try a dream feed, cause i figure if he can go 7pm-4am, he can go 10pm-7am...but I just keep not doing it for some reason - don't want to rock the boat I guess.

21. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@ScarletBegonia: nope that's when he goes to bed really. We are late night people here. Usually he nurses around 6 or 7 am then sleeps until around 10am. Once E is down there is no dream feeding, he has to be all the way awake or no dice.

22. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hi everyone!!!

So going back to work has been crazy! It is SO hard, with set up and cleanup, to take 30-40 mins out twice a day and still keep up. My supply has taken a big hit. I pump at work 2x and once before I go to bed and I'm getting about 1 bottle. Sigh. We've always had to do a BM/formula combo, but its a little defeating. Hoping that eating solids will help minimize the formula.

Speaking of solids. J isn't super interested... but I think part of it is that when we start a new food it is right before bedtime and he's cranky. He seems to do better when I hold him instead of put him in a bumbo or seat. Oh, that six month separation anxiety definitely kicks in when he's tired.

Other than that little man got two teeth at 5 months and is army crawling all over the place. He's so fun now

How is everyone else??

23. BabyBoecksMom

GOLD / papaya / 10166 posts

@HazelEyes: It's a pain to pump! C is still feeding every 2 hours, so I'm trying to keep pumping on that schedule at work. It does take a little while, but you'll get your milk back on track. I visit her on my lunch break and nurse her, so that helps to keep my supply up. Is that possible for you to do? Or even nurse when you drop him off at daycare? (One less bottle to pump?)

That's amazing that he already has teeth and crawling! So advanced. C has no interest in crawling. She's sitting up on her own, but she seems content just staying put. I'll enjoy it while I can

Here's the most recent picture of my girl.

24. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

I started back at work this week and decided that I'd go down to nursing 3X a day - morning, late afternoon and bedtime - and MOTN if he wakes up. In the daytime he gets formula (usually just one 200mL bottle since he's taken to solids like a house on fire). One of the reasons I went back to work earlier than I had to was for the adult interaction, and if I have to be stuck in a room pumping over recess and lunch (I'm a high school teacher) it just didn't seem worth it. Luckily I haven't had any issues down regulating - so far no clogged ducts or mastitis, even though I really didn't give myself enough time to cut down.

Work is going great and I appreciate my time with my little man so much now! Mornings and nights are awesome. He loves his nanny and is really thriving. He has 3 teeth now and is pushing himself all around the joint, though I hesitate to call what he does army crawling - its more like slithering! Here is a pic of him planking - his new favourite activity!

25. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@ScarletBegonia: Such a cutie!

E is changing so much everyday! He is finally taking to solids a little bit anyway. He loves army crawling after his brother. We are still ebf! He will be 8 months tomorrow. Time has flown by I can hardly believe it. He is so different from his brother. We are still bed sharing mostly because transition to the crib is going awful! Watching N with E is mostly heart warming, sometimes it is stressful but more good days then bad. Here are some up to date photos.

26. fussygal

pomegranate / 3580 posts

I just caught up - it's been a while since my last check-in on this thread! I've been back at work (part time) since the beginning of August and it seems like there's never enough time in the day. N is 6.5 months and now and has been working on solids for about a month. She's still just having them once a day for "fun" but we're going to start increasing to 2-3x a day soon.

Her sleep is still kinda crappy, but I'm so used to it that it doesn't phase me anymore! She has a good 3-4 hour stretch then is up almost every 1-2 hours for the rest of the night. I'm reading The No Cry Sleep Solution right now so we'll see if that is any help.

@BabyBoecksMom: Same here! She sits up and rolls around like crazy and will stay on her belly a lot more than she used to, but has zero interest in crawling at the moment I don't think it's too far off though!

27. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@BabyBoecksMom: Apparently I never answered you! But no, I can't visit him at lunch. That would be amazing! So during the week I just get to nurse him first thing in the morning and again for a snack when we get home around 4:30. Better than nothing, I guess.

@fussygal: that hair! Ah! love it!

@ScarletBegonia: I got a good giggle out of that planking. J is more of a downward dog type of guy

So J has a third tooth, its a fang lol. He skipped the top middle two and went right for an incisor. In time for Halloween at least!

We are just coming off a nasty sickness. Poor little man had a terrible fever. Thank goodness for Children's motrin! It was the only thing that gave him some relief! I think he's better finally, but its been the better part of this week.

28. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Hey ladies!

How's everyone doing?

Thought it would be fun to share some milestones and daily schedules since everyone is around the same age!

A doesnt crawl or anything yet at just over 8 months. He rolls but that's it!

He's been a good sleeper lately.. 745-6 he did last night. That's pretty typical. Although if it's my husbands turn to wake up with him, A will get up at 4 to nurse then sleep in until 8.

He has 7 teeth! And he enjoys biting

Our schedule is something like this

Up around 6 and nurse
    Breakfast of a fruit pouch and yogurt around 9
    Nap around 930 or 10. This nap varies from 30 mins to an hour long
    Up around 1030 and nurse
    Lunch around noon. Usually a veggie pouch and bites of whatever I have
    Nurse after lunch
    Nap around 230 if we can make it to then without him being too tired. This nap is usually longer.. An hour or a bit more
    Up between 330-4 and nurse
    Dinner at 6. Usually a veggie pouch and yogurt
    Nurse after
    Bed time around 730-8 that includes a 7 ounce bottle of pumped milk.

What is everyone feeding their LOs now? He is still on puréed food mostly. But I'd like to start actual solids. I just worry he won't actually eat as much (he eats a lot now!) and be hungry. Thoughts?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Here is A!

29. fussygal

pomegranate / 3580 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Wow - 7 teeth!!! Also, high fives for the amazing sleep He's adorable!

N will be 8 months on Saturday and is getting close to crawling, but mostly just barrel rolls around the living room

Still no teeth, but her ped has been mentioning her swollen gums since her 4 month appointment, so either she naturally has swollen gums or she is the longest teether EVER haha.

We're also 99% sure she said Mama a few times last weekend!

We introduced solids just before 6 months and she was into them at first, but just went through a long phase of having no interest in solid food. She's getting back into it, but I have to keep reminding myself that before 1 it's just for fun and to not force her. It's just that I love food so I want her to love it, too! I tried giving her a chunk of banana to gnaw on yesterday but she wouldn't pick it up which is funny b/c EVERYTHING else goes straight into her mouth!

Here's our daily schedule below. I work PT from home and we have a mix of child care between my mom/MIL/nanny. I'm fortunate that I'm able to just hop out to the living room during breaks to feed her.

7:00: up for the day, nurse
    8:30: eat some solids if she's feeling it. If not, I top her off with nursing.
    9:00: child care arrives/I start work
    9:30: 1st nap
    10:30-11:00: wake up from nap, nurse
    12:00: eat some solids if she's feeling it
    1:30: 2nd nap
    2:15/30: wake from 2nd nap, nurse
    4:30-5:15: 3rd catnap (this only happens sometimes. I think she's getting ready to drop this one, but I'm not! Her 2nd nap ends too early to let her stay up until bedtime)
    6:00: eat some solids while we make/eat our dinner
    6:30: bath, books, boob and in bed by 7:00

Sleep has been an ongoing issue and she's been waking 4-5x per night since about 5 months. We've been doing some light sleep training and last night was her best night yet with only two wake ups!!

Here's a blurry outtake from our DIY Christmas card shoot.

30. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hi everyone!

Well J is just over 8 months as well. He just got his fifth tooth--its funny, he has the bottom two, then got a "fang," then one top middle and now his other "fang." Poor guy has a gappy smile, but it is adorable. I think the other top one is coming pretty soon.

He is crawling like a maniac (man is he fast!) and has been pulling up and cruising a bit for about a month. I was hoping to have more time but Little Man is ready to MOVE.

Sleep has been iffy. We started getting up around 4 or 5 a couple weeks ago. He'll nurse and go back to sleep but I can't sleep with him there, so I just lie awake while DS and DH snore away. I miss him sleeping until 6 but getting him to bed any later is fruitless. Sometimes we are fighting to keep him up to 6. Sigh.

We had our first flights for Thanksgiving. Went way better than I thought. We flew at nap time both times, which, as you can imagine, could go great or be terrible. Luckily he was great.

I am just trying to wrap my mind around giving J some chunkier food, but don't know where to start. He doesn't love banana, but we've done some chunkier avocado and applesauce and a little bit of the inside of my pancake last weekend. He's a great eater, but my goodness when he gags my heart stops! I know he needs to learn and its normal, but I hate it! What have you all been doing??

I work full time, so when DS is at school he has a bit more of a schedule then the weekends/when he's home, when I keep his schedule a little, but am more flexible to his signals.

We get out of bed around 6 and morning nurse depends on his wakeup time.

He has three meals and a snack of puffs, when at school he has three bottles/home nursing sessions on demand, two naps that range from 1-2.5 hours

3:45/4 pick up from school

4:20ish nursing "snack" and if its decent weather we go for a walk and hopefully get a short catnap

Start bedtime routine between 6-6:30 (depending if he's had the catnap or having a meltdown, haha)

Asleep by 6:45/7

31. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

I hope everyone had a a great holiday! We were busy traveling and then resting. It is so hard for me to believe that this year has just flown by! E is really crawling now and man is he fast!! Just in the last couple of days he has started to balance himself. I do believe walking isn't far behind. We are still ebf, he refuses to take a bottle and solids are mostly a no go. Recently he has decided that he does like straw cups but only with water. Still a straight from the tap kind of kid. He is in EI because he has poor muscle tone in his jaw resulting in the problems with solids. We are starting the intense part of EI this week! E loves his therapist so it won't be too bad. No words yet, although I suspect that they will come as he gets better muscle tone. Here is a recent couple pictures.

32. Mrsjets

pear / 1699 posts

Ahh I missed so many updates! And so much has changed in the last 3 months! These March babies are beautiful

@MrsRcCar: he's so cute! I bet it's so stressful worrying about trying to get him to eat. I hope EI helps

Leah is 10 months old today! How crazy (and sad) is that?! She's sleeping and eating like a champ - her current favorites are chunky puréed parsnips, banana pieces and French toast. She is not a fan of Cheerios/puffs/mum mums ect - so weird. She's started to enjoy playing with Joel and it's the coolest/sweetest thing I've ever seen. She repeats dada, num num and mum mum if you ask her to.

I booked her cake smash for mid February and have started planning her party. Time is flying

33. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@MrsRcCar: @Mrsjets: cute pics!

Tomorrow I'm booking the place for M's first birthday party. It's not til April 4, but that's the day before easter, which is already booked at a lot of places around here!

I just can't believe 9 months has already flown by!

34. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrsjets: I was pretty stressed at first but now I am happy that we are pursuing early intervention. We have seen strides already. We are having two first birthday parties and two first birthday pictures done. We are overachievers here. Lol. One of the parties will be at my SIL's house and the other at my grandmas. We don't do anything fancy just family and a few close friends. Plus we will celebrate a little here at home because the other parties are out of town. I am always a little jealous of other people having one big party for their little one. Just reminds me that we aren't close to other people. It is hard to think this will be E's second Valentine's Day, but his first out of the hospital. We probably won't be doing anything fancy just a quiet dinner and family time.

35. Mrsjets

pear / 1699 posts

@MrsRcCar: 2 parties is nice though! We're doing 1 with only family (but with aunts/uncles/cousins) and it's 40 people! I'm excited to only have to do it one day but it's going to be tight in here. I'm kind of wishing I'd chosen to do one for each side...oh well.

@Dandelion: too fast!

36. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

I just had to share…. J started walking last week! AH! I'm not ready, I need more time!!

37. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

@HazelEyes: OMG. Aaron is cruising and letting go periodically. I'm not ready for a walker! He started daycare last week and is apparently obsessed with watching the older kids run around...I'm wondering if it won't be long for him! He also got up to the 4th step of our stairs yesterday while I was feeding the cats. Mom fail!

How is everyone? How's sleep? Aaron had a massive regression from travel and starting daycare, illness and separation anxiety. I think we might be almost through it now, he's slept through the night the past 3 nights. He's very underweight and is being investigated for FTT at the moment - the trouble is he eats tons but NEVER stops moving so he never puts on weight. He's been playing catch up since he was about 3 months old. I'm trying not to worry about it!

38. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

Also had to share this photo - pre 24 hours of flying home to Sydney from Canada! Just love my happy little guy

39. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@HazelEyes: eeek!!

@ScarletBegonia: aw so cute! Glad he's through the regression

Things are great here. Cruising and crawling and walking with a Walker. No steps alone yet though. He sleeps from about 8-7 or sometimes 6 or sometimes 730. Two naps a day. He nurses about 6 times a day still and eats three meals. We are trying to get on to real food instead of purree. Breakfast is usually a pancake and some yogurt and fruit but the other meals are hit or miss and usually we end up with a purree.

Is anyone thinking about number 2 yet? We are kind of NTNP but I haven't got my period yet since having DS.

Hope everyone can update!

40. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: We will be NTNTP very soon. We agreed after E turned one, which is just 9 days away.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee