Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2014 Moms come in!

1. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: We're considering being one and done. If we do TTC again we will wait til my son is at least 3, maybe 4. We don't want two in daycare at once cause it costs upwards of $100/day/kid here and we can't afford that. We'll be pushing it with my age (i'd be 36 minimum when we TTC) but if a second isn't in the cards for us it's all good.

2. Mrsjets

pear / 1699 posts

So Leah's party is on Sunday and I'm feeling really sad. I'm almost 100% sure she's our last and it's all happening too fast Here's a cake smash sneak peak. Her party is a casual brunch theme with rainbow colours.

How are the party plans coming?

3. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hey guys, I was thinking about you all and how with our busy little toddlers we've all fallen off!

Wondering if anyone wanted to post updates as we get perilously near two years old!! Yikes!!

Has anyone moved to a big boy/girl bed? Potty trained? Dropped the paci?

As for us, J is doing well. He is starting to act like he's 2 with the tantrums and opinions, but can be so terribly sweet with his hugs and kisses. The emotional rollercoaster is tough to keep up with! His language is exploding, which is so fun, and can be frustrating when we can't quiiite figure out what he's saying. Oh, and he's going to be a big brother in May!

Hope you all are doing well! xoxo

4. fussygal

pomegranate / 3580 posts

@HazelEyes: Great idea. I've been wondering how everyone is doing. Congrats on #2! We're due in the spring, too!

So funny that you mention not being able to figure out what your DS is saying because we've been having the same issue the past few weeks. DD has always been a great talker, but now that she's learning words even faster it's harder to keep up with what she is trying to communicate. I can definitely see it becoming a gateway to tantrums due to misunderstandings!

Right now she's in a super affectionate phase (a short reprieve before more crazy emotions start I'm sure!) so I'm soaking up all the cuddles while I can. This is such a fun age and she cracks me up everyday with her funny sayings and reactions. Christmas is much more fun this year, too. She's really into all the lights and our tree.

We're due with #2 (a boy!) in March (we'll have 2 under 2 for a few weeks!) so we're holding off on the big girl bed as long as we can. No potty training yet, but she's showing some signs of interest so we're going to buy her a potty soon, although I'm not sure we'll actually go all in until after the new baby is here.

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!

5. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Long time no chat!!

A is doing well. Also chatting a lot!! Mostly single words and a few phrases, but DH and I were just saying it's amazing That he can tell us things he wants now.

We tried a toddler program one morning a week (drop off) he absolutely hated it and we dropped out after 3 weeks.

He is still in a crib and will be for life. He is Soooo wild I don't trust him in a bed!! Haha. He sleeps well. 8-630 or so. I wish it was longer! He naps around 12-1 for an hour or two. Also wish that was longer, lol.

He has sooo much energy! He's really funny. Just like my husband. Loves to make people laugh and tries to non stop!

He's also going to be a big brother... I'm due June 30 of everything goes well. We had a loss this summer so I'm hoping everything is ok this time!

Can't wait to see more updates!

6. lemondrop

bananas / 9118 posts

Awesome! It's been a while, although I have several moms from here on IG.

I can't believe that two is right around the corner. E is just a riot, very curious, hitting a huge language explosion that my oldest definitely never had. He gets into absolutely everything and has some fiery tantrums, but is back to being super easy going very quickly. He still eats mostly everything, but I'm waiting for the 2 year old starvation to kick in

I sit him on the potty with a dum dum pop (he will do anything for these!) once a day just for practice and give him some training pants time. I'm in no rush right now, and he's still clueless about what to do. Zero plans for a big kid bed until he absolutely forces me. I'm terrified at the thought! E arrived when C was 26 months, then we waited to move C to the big boy bed at 28 months (used the pack and play in our room for brand new E). No plans to make him a big brother/middle child at this point, so we will convert the crib to a bed. I'm enjoying two kiddos right now and definitely not sure about three.

7. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

Hi! Wow can't believe out little bubs are going to be 2 soon! Aaron is doing amazing - talking up a storm, still mostly single words with some 2 word combos thrown in. Sleeping really well. No idea what his penis is for, when he pees diaper-free he is shocked, so clearly no idea of the connection. With poos I don't even think he realises that what is coming out of him, is really coming out of him. He's being moved to the 2-3 yr old room at daycare in Jan and they really emphasise toilet training there, so it will be trial by fire!
    No plans for #2 yet - we are so loving being a family of 3, I'm not sure when we'll pull the trigger. We've had 3 bad experiences recently travelling with families of 4 so I think both of us have kind of backed off the idea.
    All is wonderful - I can't believe sometimes that my husband and I made this amazing kid!!!

8. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

So umm.... How is Zuma so big?????!????

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee