Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@Anya: oh man I totally hear you! My DH is supportive either way/ waffles back and forth. He knows with two long hour careers it seems daunting but is understandably nervous about being the sole bread winner. I am in the process of negotiating additional unpaid leave (6 months total) which my boss is supportive of but has to be approved by boss #2 and HR so we will see. My job has been SO stressful and frustrating lately, which is part of why I think I'm just over it. But I would be on a different client and project when I came back anyway, so it could all be better! Gah! So much to think about! Darn preggo hormones don't make it any easier, haha.

2. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas
    February 28: Beanie132
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PhillyBaby2013 , ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines , PinkB
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: Madbrave
    March 6: drjolene
    March 7: Youboots
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189 , Sapphire
    March 12: Anya , Mrs.o
    March 15: Lil Bean , ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja , MamaGoose , MrsMcCarthy
    March 19: Blueberry
    March 22: MrsBucky
    March 23: MelisMc
    March 25: sumer08
    March 26: Annette , linzeelou
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 28: HolisticMama
    March 29: Renee
    March 30: yellowbird , Kemma
    March 31: Blessedmama
    April 1: NavyRN2012

3. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsBucky: 6 months would be great! That would be a nice trial run for your family- I think in that time you'll be able to gauge whether you are itching to go back or happy to leave your job, and whether your husband is comfortable with the financial aspect during your unpaid leave.

4. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

Hi lovelies!!! How is everything going?

How far along are you?
    When is your next appt?
    GD test yet?
    How's nursery planning coming? (I started a new thread for this)
    If you are having a shower, when is it?
    Are you having maternity photos done? When are they?

5. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

I don't have much to add because I'm not having a shower or mat pics, and I haven't had my glucose test yet, but I'm super excited to be almost in the last trimester!

6. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

How far along are you? 25 Weeks today

When is your next appt? Tomorrow!

GD test yet? After Christmas? I guess my midwife will let me know tomorrow!

How's nursery planning coming? We need to rewallpaper baby's room before we do anything else!

If you are having a shower, when is it? No shower but I might go out to lunch with some girlfriends

Are you having maternity photos done? When are they? No photos

Anybody starting to feel a bit ugh as baby gets bigger? I've had a cold this last week so DH took the day off work on Thursday so I could lounge around and relax - problem was I'm not used to being home without my wee sidekick!

My next task is to start doing daily inversions, squats and sitting on my swiss ball rather than lounging in my lazyboy Hopefully I can get Squish into a better position than Miss A was!

7. Mrs.o

pea / 6 posts

Hi all!
    I don't post much, but it great to hear everyone is doing well.
    I'm 28 weeks, having my glucose test tomorrow, just a work shower planned and as for nursery planning- we aren't doing much, but moving our son to his big boy room and baby girl into his.
    I had my tdap today and the pharmacist made me a bit nervous. I'm taking baby aspirin (81mg) as a precaution because I had preeclampsia with my first and she said it can effect the babies heart. My doctor didn't tell me anything like that. I'm going to call and ask, but has anyone had any issues before Preeclampsia or otherwise? My doctor keeps telling me to stay positive, but our 1st was born premature and had to stay in the hospital for 20 days- it was difficult.

8. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@Mrs.o: I am on baby aspirin as well but for other reasons. All the info I have read on it says the benefits outweigh any danger to the baby. Especially in the lower dosage. It is when taking a regular adult dosage where more concern comes in.
    I know it is hard not to worry about the same thing happening again. I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks and as I get closer to that time again I am very worried it will happen again. But try to stay positive. We really cant control it anyway so it doesn't matter if you worry about it now or not

9. Mrs.o

pea / 6 posts

@pinkb: thanks! Glad to hear about the baby aspirin. I did some more research too and all seems good. Thank you :).

10. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs.o: hi! Hope all is well and you don't have Pre E this time.

AFM I finally got back my glucose results and they were 90. The nurse actually said they are a little low because normal range starts at 110 and I should make sure I'm getting enough because I'm processing sugar quickly. Weird.

11. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Who else is feeling hiccups? It's so strange! I have been what I thought might be hiccups for a few weeks, but for SURE this past week, probably once a day.

12. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: I love hiccups! So cute.

13. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

2015 is almost here! Hooray, these babies will be here before we know it.

Now that another holiday is out of the way.. anyone have any plans for valentines day? We don't usually make a thing out of it, but I thought it would be nice to do something special as a family unit of two before the baby comes. But nothing too complicated/energy intensive as I'm sure I'll be super large and in charge by then!

14. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@Anya: one of our oldest friends is getting married 2/14. It's at the mountain 3 1/2 hours away 3 weeks prior to my due date. We will see....

15. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Oh I totally forgot, I've been having the weirdest symptom lately- rage dreams! Seriously I am not an angry person in real life at ALL but this past week, I had a dream that my husband made fun of me and I tried to punch him in the face, and another where I was having my baby with some fictional boyfriend, and he tried to end the relationship and I went crazy slapping and punching him. So weird!

16. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: my husband has never been a big valentines day guy and we have a toddler so I doubt we will do much but Id love to get a date night or two in before we have two on our hands.

Regarding the rage and dreams that sounds like hormones. I went through so many ups and downs and crazy dreams during both of these pregnancies! Sometimes it gets weird.

@youboots: hmm that's tricky. I'd probably skip it just in case. You'll probably stil be pregnant but ya never know and who wants to go into labor in the mountains 3 hours away???

17. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

Not sure if we'll do anything for V-day. I'm planning that friday to be my last day of work. I really want to take a little getaway with DH but just don't know if it'll happen. I'm also torn between doing a getaway with DH or doing something with the 3 of us before baby boy comes.

For now, I've been super stressed out about getting our house more organized before March. We moved in October and I still feel so unorganized and it's driving me crazy.

And I'm also stressed out about potty training DD. She's soooo freakin stubborn. I tried doing undies or pants-less today and she just screamed and cried and refuses to try sitting on the potty. My patience is wearing thin....

18. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@BeachMama: how old is your dd?? I'm going to try the bottomless technique next weekend over the long weekend. My dd is super stubborn and has never peed on the potty but she shows every sign of being ready. She's 28 months. Good luck with your daughter!

19. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@yellowbird: She's 2.5. She's gone pee on the potty a few times, but not recently. We kinda forgot it and didn't push it while we moved and got adjusted. I got her some new Frozen undies for xmas hoping she'd be excited about wearing them, but when we suggested wearing undies today she just melted down and screamed and cried for 15 minutes. I totally lost my patience, which obviously doesn't help the situation. Ugh.

20. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@BeachMama: I feel your pain on the potty training. I'm just shelving it because I can't do an effective job now with all these Braxton hicks and other things on my plate. Some kids take till about age 3

21. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@Anya: Felt the hiccups with this little man for the first time the other day, loved it
    No plans for Vday, my gut is telling me that is around the time I will deliver, hope not, but we will see.
    Interested to see how the potty training goes for everyone. DD is 2 and we are not ready at all. I am hoping maybe the later part of my maternity leave she might be but I am not gonna push it.

Anyone have experience with a support belt or SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction)? I mentioned to the midwife a few weeks ago the pelvic and hip pain I was having and she waived it off pretty much as just regular pain. But it has gotten much worse and I believe it is SPD, I am going to talk to my Dr on the 2nd but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

22. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@pinkb: I don't have any personal experience but a YouTube blogger I follow called Plus One Please had it with her second pregnancy and wore a special support belt. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.

23. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsMccarthy: do you get them frequently? I started feeling them this week but they are pretty infrequent and (luckily) not too uncomfortable, but definitely an odd feeling. I think I read that BH are usually stronger/more frequent for 2nd time moms.

Who else is feeling Braxton hicks?

24. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Good luck to those potty training!

25. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: I've read that too and in my case yes. I get them frequently but not in a pattern for labor or anything.

This baby is feeling so heavy on my pelvis lately! She must be gaining weight or something. She is also moving alot in very startling ways.

26. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@Anya: Me! Tend to get worse if I overdo it (too much lifting or time on my feet). They never seem to be in a pattern but I'll end of with a tight, uncomfortable stomach for a long time until I finally sit or lie down to rest awhile.

27. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@Anya: I'm having a ton of Braxton hicks. I never had any with my first pregnancy, but these are intense and come usually when I've overdone it (uhhh always while chasing a 2 year old??) Or if my bladder is too full

28. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

I'm getting BH contractions this time and didn't get any with my first

@pinkb: I've also had some pelvic pressure and sharp pains, which weirdly have gotten better the past couple weeks. I wrote a post a few weeks back asking about support belts and someone recommended one for SPD. I can't look it up now at work but maybe you can find it? In general now I try to be careful w my movements and not do any quick turns or step off curbs quickly.

29. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@pinkb: This belt seems like it might be best for true SPD issues
    http://www.amazon.com/Serola-New-Sacroiliac-Belt-Medium/dp/B007SN159C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416602569&sr=8-1&keywords=serola+sacroiliac+belt

Here's the link to the post from a few weeks back. There's some other suggestions for support belts on here too.
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/pregnancy-support-belt-3

30. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

31. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: Ha!!!!!!

32. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

I'm having plenty if Braxton Hicks and particularly when I'm nursing Miss A.

In other news, the summer heat down here in NZ is kicking my butt and I spent the weekend before Christmas battling either heat stroke or a tummy bug - not fun!

And I'm massive - measuring at least two weeks ahead at my last midwife appointment (gained 5-6kg in two months) and my bump isn't getting any smaller!

33. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@anya I just showed my husband that b/c last night he ate both the biscuits from Cracker Barrel! Not cool! LOL.

Edited- I'm not a March 2015 mama but just had to say how much I love that!

34. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsADS: hehe it's the worst isn't it. Now I want a biscuit too!

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsADS: hahaha I was thinking this this morning too when we were low on smoothie fruit!

36. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Kemma: boys measure bigger than girls usually. Jussayin! part of me would love warm weather because its 28 degrees here now but then I remember the summer heat in the 3rd trimester and no thank you! I guess having a march baby is just like having a September baby on this hemisphere. Popsicles saved my life.

37. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Happy New Year ladies!! This is IT, our babies are going to arrive this year!

38. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Hooray! Happy New year! We are third in line for babies this year. I wonder if we will end up with a few February or April babies too.

39. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I have a feeling mine will be early. A February birthday would not surprise me

40. limabeanbabies

olive / 57 posts

Work and school got CRAZY the past few months, so I've only been active on the FB group, not here--sorry! My late update:

-How far along today? 29 weeks 4 days (I can't believe we're almost into the 30s!)
    -Sex? Girl
    -Name(s)? Brielle Isabelle. We finally decided on Christmas Eve, and it's been a hit!
    -Symptoms? Lots of Braxton Hicks (@Anya), some back pain, wearing out more quickly, and some nesting feelings. Also heartburn has kicked in during the Christmas break. Blah. Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good.
    -Weight gain? As of my last appointment, I was up 7 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, 17 lbs from my lowest weight in the first trimester (morning sickness made me lose around 10 lbs). That was 2 weeks ago, so I'm guessing I gained more over the holidays!
    -What's next on your to-do list? Getting the nursery whipped into shape. Since we moved about a month ago, the third bedroom in our new place has been used as a storage area for boxes, decorations, and baby stuff. The crib and changing table are set up, but I need to get more of the boxes unpacked so that it's actually functional!

I keep on thinking about when this little one is going to come. DD was only 5 days early, but I have a strange feeling this little lady wants to come either a few weeks early or very late. Not sure why I think that, though. Anyone else have any feelings about when baby will be coming?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee