Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas Labor && Announcements!

1. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@MsHangry: Wow! Congrats mama

2. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@MsHangry: congrats!! Look forward to hearing more!!

3. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@Mrs squirreld: your nursery is all finished, yeah?? need a pic!! go mama!

4. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Totally thought I was in labour by myself this morning but it fizzled out. At my induction now. 2cm and 50% effaced, just had cervidil inserted. Send me lots of baby vibes..I really want this to work!

5. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: come on baby!!! Both my inductions sped up tremendously once they broke my waters so hopefully they'll be able to do that today!

6. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Mrs squirreld: definitely sending good vibes your way that it is baby day!! You deserve to meet that sweet face soon!

7. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: yeah, I really hope they will be able to do that (in the morning here) cause then I know I won't be sent home. The whole process is quite frustrating here in australia. I get that they are trying a gentle approach while bub is happy, but its getting a bit ridiculous with a 4th attempt! I have everything crossed that I will go into labour overnight or that they can break my waters in the morning.

8. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: thankyou.

9. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: yeah considering how similar are stories are it's very obvious the difference between US and Australia. At a 2 they should be able to easily break your waters provided they want to my midwife could barely reach my waters and stuck the needle in to break them.

10. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@Mrs squirreld: sending lots of good baby vibes your way!! This HAS to be your time!

11. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MsHangry: Yay! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear details:) I'm so happy for you! Guess that was the bloody show for realz

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Good luck! You definitely deserve for this to be your Baby Day! I hope your next update is to announce your baby is here!

13. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Period like and back pain with little waves for about the last 4 hours now - didnt have this with my last inductions... praying that my cervix is thinning so when they check me in about 3 hours they can break my waters. Positive thoughts ladies.

14. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Mrs squirreld: yay yay yay!!!! thoughts

15. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

I'm pacing up and down the hall like a crazy woman getting these contractions amped up...

16. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'll bet you're almost ready to do running laps if it means more contractions! Fingers crossed for you, dear! Come on baby!

17. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

3cm and 80% effaced...They broke my waters...I'm having a baby!!!!!

18. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Mrs squirreld: hooray!!! That's great!

19. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs squirreld: go mama go!!!!

20. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@Mrs squirreld: come on baby!!!

21. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

She is here!!!!!
    Iris Tess arrived at 9.28am after a 58 minute labour!
    Will post a photo and update soon.

22. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Eeek! Congratulations, mama!

23. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs squirreld: oh my word!!!!

24. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: holy moly! Congrats momma! Btw her name!

25. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Mrs squirreld: oh my goodness, hooray!!!!! How quick and deserved! Glad to hear

26. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

So so so happy and relieved she is here!!

27. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: she's a beauty! I just realized she shares my DH's bday and she's still has a palindrome. He says it's a pretty great day

29. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Mrs squirreld: holy shit, 58 minutes!!!! I bet all those failed inductions helped, though! Maybe they weren't for nothing she's gorgeous!

30. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Mrs squirreld: congratulations!! Your patience was rewarded!!

31. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Here is a timeline of my labor. I was expecting a 10-13 hour labor as a first time mom.

First painful contraction around 10:45a. First hour had three (about 20min apart). I started timing around 12:15p. Started around 7min apart, then five and down to around 4 min apart by 1pm and around 1:15 I called the midwife. She said I was still sounding good between contractions and encouraged me to labor at home.
    I lasted until 2:15 and then decided I needed to be at the hospital. Contractions were 2-2.5 min apart and were mostly in my back.
    2:30 check into hospital
    2:45 cervical check 3cm 99% effaced. So disappointed. Midwife offered I could go back home to labor. I said no thank you!
    For the next hour I tried all the things I wanted to at the hospital. Labored in the shower, in the tub, rocking chair and yoga ball. Contractions were in my back and 2 min apart. I had no real time to recover before the next one started!
    4ish call for epidural. I couldn't do this for 10 more hours like I thought it would last.
    4:30ish used bathroom and started bearing down. Cervical check, complete! No time for epidural
    4:45ish started pushing
    Water broke sometime after 5p during a push. Flew across the room!
    5:56 S is born. I was able to reach down and pull his body and legs out and bring him to my chest.

The worst part was the labor, in comparison being able to push, even crowning was not as bad.

My face is crazy looking from burst blood vessels! Looks like I have a ton of freckles

So that is my story of ~7 hour labor and natural birth.

32. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MsHangry: you did a great job! I burst all of my blood vessels as well. I didn't do that last time, but I pushed for 15 mins instead of 2 hours this time.

33. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@Mrs squirreld: she's a stylish little babe! congrats mama, hope recovery goes well

34. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Congrats!!!! You must be so relieved. She's precious!

35. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Mrs squirreld: so beautiful!! Love the swaddle and jellycat too

@MsHangry: that is so crazy fast!! What a fun birth story. Good job not going home! Mama's instinct. So would you do it again without an epidural?

36. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@Mrs squirreld: oh my gosh, what a sweet little thing! I can't believe how fast things happened for you once they finally got going!! Good job, mama!

@MsHangry: great story, thanks for sharing! I teared up imagining being able to pull baby up yourself! That must've been an incredible moment!

37. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

May Births
    April 18th: Xmaskidjr
    April 22nd: Princessbaby Hayden Rose
    April 26th: BabyPenguinXO Adelaide
    May 1st: Macintosh Elliot
    May 2nd: Ms. Badger Jonah Grant
    May 7th: Rrachael Bernadette Elizabeth
    May 10th: Chanada Julian Maxwell
    May 13th: Blackbird T
    May 14th: Septmomma12 Charlotte
    May 14th: Jetsa Dia
    May 17th: Kick641 Elizabeth
    May 18th: MsHangry S
    May 19th: Mrs Squirreld Iris Tess

May Due Dates
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut
    May 7th: Mrs Sketchbook, CocoLoco523
    May 8th: LC
    May 15th: Keppa
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 22nd: Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Daisyfay
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss

38. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Congrats she is so beautiful!

39. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

It's go time!! At the hospital, got my epi. Haven't been checked in a while, but last time I was I was at a 6-7, super bulgy bag of waters. They said once they break the waters the expect him to come quick. So for now I rest. Hope to intoduce a healthy babe soon! Oh and I wussed out on the med-free plan quick. I love epidural a!!

40. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Congrats to all the May mamas and mamas-to-be! I can't believe my LO is almost 3 weeks old! I'm nursing him right now

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee