Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas Labor && Announcements!

1. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I had also hoped for a neat birth date for DD2 also- but eventually I was just like "GET OUT. No matter the date!!!"

But my husband's bday is 5-22, and DD2 was born on 4-22. So I think it's cool that they have the same day and just one month apart. That makes it easy to remember!

2. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Not yet but hopefully soon! Just waiting at the hospital now.

3. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Just said a little prayer for you and Charlotte:) Good luck, Mama

4. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: good luck!

We've been going about 30 minutes now, antibiotics and pitocin

5. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm happy for you that baby came before induction so hubby didn't have to leave right away! My fiancé arrived at midnight Sunday night/Monday morning and left Thursday night and I wouldn't wish that on anyone! It was by far the hardest day of my life!

6. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: yay for baby day!!!

7. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Charlotte was born at 12:14pm. 7lbs 11oz and 19.5 inches. A little peanut compared to her brother! We are all doing well

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Water was broke at 2:30, contractions are starting to suck more now. Up to this point they'd been pretty painless, hell I napped for about an hour

9. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: oh my goodness, she is just beautiful! Congratulations!!! How exciting

10. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: yay for sucky contractions, that means that baby is coming soon!! Keep us updated, can't wait to hear!

11. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: she is beautiful and just what I needed to see right now!

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: She is adorable! Congratulations!!!

@jetsa: Yay! Getting close! is your bp okay?

13. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@SeptMomma12: congrats!!

14. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@jetsa: bet your next post will be a baby!

15. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: congrats mama!!! She is beautiful!!

16. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@SeptMomma12: ah congrats!!!!

@jetsa: motivation! Come on, baby!

17. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@SeptMomma12: what a beauty!! congrats, mama!!

18. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Thanks ladies! Big brother just met her and I think my heart exploded

@jetsa: Come on baby! Hope you're hanging in there.

19. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Dia was born today at 5:39pm, she's 7lbs 2.6oz, 21". 7 hours with only 15 minutes of pushing from start of pit to birth. We found out about 20 mins after her birth that my protein levels were 4 times the allowable limit. Big brother visited and was uninterested lol.

20. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

May Births
    April 18th: Xmaskidjr
    April 22nd: Princessbaby Hayden Rose
    April 26th: BabyPenguinXO Adelaide
    May 1st: Macintosh Elliot
    May 2nd: Ms. Badger Jonah Grant
    May 7th: Rrachael Bernadette Elizabeth
    May 10th: Chanada Julian Maxwell
    May 13th: Blackbird T
    May 14th: Septmomma12 Charlotte
    May 14th: Jetsa Dia

May Due Dates
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut
    May 7th: Mrs Sketchbook, CocoLoco523
    May 8th: LC
    May 10th: Kick641
    May 15th: Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 22nd: Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Daisyfay
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss

21. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@SeptMomma12: @jetsa: congratulations to you both!!! Look at those adorable little babies...so glad that everyone is doing well

22. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MsHangry: thank you!

Holy moly the postpartum contractions whilst breastfeeding are intense!

23. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Congrats!!!! Birthday twins! Not feeling contractions here while feeding but holy gushing while feeding. Sorta forgot about that lovely "side effect"...

24. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@jetsa: yay!! Glad your little sweetheart arrived & you can relax & recover. Has/will your bp come down simply because you've delivered, or are they still watching you closely?

25. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: it's come down below 140/90 but is still high for me. I can feel the difference between pre-e and just hypertension because of that. With my hypertension it was normal 15 mins after birth.

26. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: yeah I just asked the nurse about that because it's crazy

27. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@jetsa: Congrats! She is beautiful! Happy birthday Dia!

28. blackbird

@jetsa: holy crap! Glad she's out safe and sound! And that your BP came down-hopefully it does some more! Congratulations!!!!

And yes OMG the PP contractions!!! My OB warned me they were worse with subsequent children. And the nurse told me about a recent mom of 7 (!!!) who nursed her 6 and the last couldn't be done because It was worse than labor!

29. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@SeptMomma12: congrats she is gorgeous!!! Glad you stuck with Charlotte too

30. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: congrats again my little miss better come on the 16th now if we are keeping with tradition

31. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@jetsa: Congrats! She's so beautiful!

32. blackbird

@Mrs squirreld: yes! She needs to keep this middle of May baby parade rolling!

33. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Just wanted to chime in that my PP pains while nursing or just in general were definitely way more intense! I don't even remember having that with DD1? But they gave me some pain pills (800 ibuprofen and 1 other one) and I definitely used them! I'd go a few days and it wouldn't be too bad and then I'd have a day where it actually felt like early contractions! They were so bad one day, I couldn't even do anything but lie down until the pain meds kicked in. And it was like the same thing as getting an epidural - that relief just washing over me:)

34. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@PrincessBaby: I remember getting pain pills last time and never even dillon the prescription. wondering about this one now!

35. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

*filling, oops

@jetsa: knew it congrats!

36. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is beautiful Maybe your son will stay uninterested at least while she is super tiny...That's one of the toughest things for me is keeping DD from hurting DD2 bc she's sooooo obsessed with her and wants to constantly try to hold her, or tickle her, or kiss her 4000 times, but she's unintentionally rough and I have heart attacks every time my little bull in the china shop heads toward DD2. She will grab DD2's foot to tickle it, and obviously is just playing, but it looks like she's going to rip the baby's leg off, so I'm constantly having to monitor DD2's safety.

The Ped told me at our 2 week appt that it was time to start tummy time and I was like "Tummy time is not very safe in our house!!!!"

37. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@Mrs squirreld: still thinking about you! I hope things start progressing soon.

38. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@andthewildones: It was really weird! But everything had subsided by 2 or 2.5 weeks PP. So it wasn't long, but I really don't like to take pain meds - it's just a thing I have - but I definitely had no qualms about taking them for this!

39. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@andthewildones: thanks. me too. We are trying everything to get her to come this weekend. I have been having heaps of contractions but nothing ever progresses. I will be demanding they break my waters first thing monday for the induction!

40. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: @andthewildones: I am definitely taking the 800mgvMotrin and 5mg Percocet more, too! Between the cramping and the residual back pain from the epidural, it makes a huge difference!!! Pain pills make me very nervous based on family history, though. I'm curious to see how E takes to T this weekend. I'm expecting tantrum city!

@Mrs squirreld: oh man I hope they progress!!! Or at least make you favorable for an induction!!!! I feel like you've had the longest week EVER

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee