Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas Labor && Announcements!

1. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@blackbird: glad you're ok!! Bub will be in your arms soon
    @MsHangry: yay goodluck!

2. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: mine worked for a while but I don't think I had a pump! They came in and pushed a few bigger doses when it started wearing off and it didn't help. It literally went from no pain to terrifying pain in under 5 minutes it was so fast!!! I had back surgery for scoliosis though so they warned me due to that placement was limited and it may not work!

3. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

He arrived at 12:03 this morning! Everyone's good! 8 lb 7 oz, 21.25" long! Giant head lol

4. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@blackbird: yaaaaaaay!! Congrats mumma he is gorgeous!

5. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@blackbird: Congratulations!

6. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@blackbird: congrats!!

7. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@blackbird: congratulations!!

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: congrats again!

May Births
    April 18th: Xmaskidjr
    April 22nd: Princessbaby Hayden Rose
    April 26th: BabyPenguinXO Adelaide
    May 1st: Macintosh Elliot
    May 2nd: Ms. Badger Jonah Grant
    May 7th: Rrachael Bernadette Elizabeth
    May 10th: Chanada Julian Maxwell
    May 13th: Blackbird T

May Due Dates
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut
    May 7th: Mrs Sketchbook, CocoLoco523
    May 8th: LC
    May 10th: Kick641
    May 15th: Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12 (RCS 5/14)
    May 22nd: Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Daisyfay
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss , Jetsa

9. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Congrats!!!! He's adorable! Welcome to the world Baby T

10. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@blackbird: yay, baby blackbird!!

11. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: Hooray congratulations!! Hope delivery went well and everyone is getting acclimated perfectly!

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is precious:) I hope you're feeling okay!

13. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@blackbird: congrats!!! What a cutie!

14. blackbird

Thank you!!

I feel pretty good! My back is killing me where I got the epidural. Just a couple stitches, which is great considering I pushed for about 3 minutes! My dr wanted me to deliver after midnight so I could get an extra day of BP monitoring. Mine's still high

Had some feeding problems-he thinks it's acceptable to bite and chew me, then he wouldn't respond to any food (no swallowing or anything for 10 hours), so they put a line in his stomach and a ton of air and amniotic fluid came out, then they put some formula in to see if that resets him and he BFs in a few hours. I can't wait to take a shower!

15. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blackbird: congratulations! What a sweet little boy.

My contractions just turned out to be regularly spaced Braxton Hicks. Went into the office this afternoon and my cervix is the same as Monday. ::sad trombone:: So now I am laying down to rest up for a long walk with the dog.

16. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MsHangry: oh no it'll happen soon enough.

Well I don't really know where to put this, went in for my dr appt and they're afraid I'm turning preeclampsic so I'm in the hospital for monitoring. Hopefully I'll be released tonight but that's to be decided. Baby by next weekend (may 23/24) for sure.

17. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@jetsa: oh no! Good luck with the monitoring tonight!!

18. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@jetsa: yikes! hope you get some rest.

19. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MsHangry: @andthewildones: thank you.

My BP is horrid the nurse is freaking out. No one has made the call yet but it's highly unlikely that I get to go home.

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jetsa: Praying for you friend!

21. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: hope your BP goes down! Praying for you and babe.

22. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: That's exactly what happened to me! What's your bp? Regardless of the outcome, wishing you an easy delivery.

23. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@avivoca: @Mrs. Lovejoy: @marionberry: thank you guys!

Well they are most likely going to start the induction. Consistently one number has been above 140/90 but typically the other number is near the limit as well spiked up to 153/112

24. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@jetsa: Thinking of you and hope everything goes well!

25. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

And shift change so now I'm staying over night but they are not inducing.
    They got 1 normal BP reading while I was laying on my left side. I don't see how that makes everything better but apparently it does

26. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Good luck with the monitoring! Maybe we will be birthday twins tomorrow!

27. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: thanks! I hope so.

28. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@jetsa: yikes! Hope your bp is at least somewhat controlled enough that you can rest. Sounds like a couple babies more are imminent, though!
    @SeptMomma12: good luck tomorrow!

29. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: Mine was up to 173/92. Your readings really don't seem horrendous and my understanding is that the readings under 160 are only risky if they last over 4 hours (which is probably why they're happy about the low one). Hopefully they continue to go down and maybe you can go home on meds.

30. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: they told me they wanted them under 140/90 at the dr office, I've been consistently high 130s over high 80s for 6+ weeks plus the other symptoms has them worrying I'm pre-eclampsic. They are typically 140/90 if I'm leaning/laying back and go higher if I'm sitting up. It just seems risky considering I'm 38 weeks per their dates 39 on mine, the ultrasound tech said she was measuring behind as well which can be a sign of a BP issue.=\ they'd already decided to induce me next week due to the highish BP and so they're just watching out for the other now

31. blackbird

@jetsa: I totally feel for you right now! Stupid BP! My numbers were about the same except I was overdue so that pushed me over the edge. If they induce you, I hope it goes quickly and smoothly! Are you spilling protein too? Argh. How are you feeling about it?

32. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: thanks I'm ready to be induced with her measuring weird, I'm freaked out for baby. Idk I'm here until this evening to finish the 24 hours protein.

33. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: good luck today momma! I hope yours is way more routine then what I'm dealing with right now

34. blackbird

@jetsa: totally understand! Such a relief once they're out! Can't wait to see that sweet baby girl!!!

35. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: squeeeee!!! Happy bday to your baby girl! Hope your repeat C goes well!

Did you guys all notice we all have palindrome babies this week? 5-10-15 through 5-19-15

36. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: @SeptMomma12: I'm so excited for both of you! More babies!

37. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: Yes!! That's why I'm hoping to not go past my due date (5/19). I'm so weirdly intrigued by cool number combos like that (my daughter's birthday is 5/25 and she was born at 12:34AM)

38. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: my son was born on 11-12-13 at 22:22 aka 11:22pm! I was hoping for baby girl to come 5-1-15 and that was my scheduled c section but she had other plans!

39. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

It's baby day! I'm no longer a fraud for posting on this board

Pitocin and IV will be started in the hour and then they'll wait to break my waters until they get 2 bags of antibiotics in me.

40. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Oh wow! It was like no babies forever and now it's raining babies!!!

@jetsa: Happy Baby Day! Wishing you a super easy delivery and 10 Apgar baby:) Can't wait for your update!!!

@SeptMomma12: I hope your RCS went perfectly and you are holding your beautiful girl right now! Your son has got to be so excited that he'll get his baby finally!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee