Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas Labor && Announcements!

1. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs squirreld: they mixed pitocin with the foley bulb/catheter for me! That worked like a charm and I was basically only a fingertip dilated after 12 hours of cervidil! Might be worth trying the combination together but at 2cm pitocin alone could be enough too

2. rrachael

kiwi / 506 posts

Hi Ladies! Just popping in to announce our little one's arrival! Bernadette Elizabeth arrived on May 7th via scheduled c-section. She's a peanut - measuring 6lbs 3oz and 18.5 inches. We were actually expecting smaller though, so we were very happy that she broke 6 pounds She's doing awesome and so is her big sister!

Nursing is tough though! We're struggling with shallow latch and, as of yesterday, crazy engorgement. I nursed DD#1 for 20 months and I know the start was rough too, so I just need to keep perspective.

Congrats to all the other May mamas and babies!!! Hope everyone is transitioning well :). And best of luck to those still waiting for their little ones!

3. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@rrachael: congrats!!!!!

4. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@rrachael: oh my gosh, she is beautiful!! Congrats & best of luck on baby getting the hang of nursing!

5. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@rrachael: She's beautiful, congrats momma!

6. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

May Births
    April 18th: Xmaskidjr
    April 22nd: Princessbaby Hayden Rose
    April 26th: BabyPenguinXO A
    May 1st: Macintosh Elliot
    May 2nd: Ms. Badger Jonah Grant
    May 7th: Rrachael Bernadette Elizabeth

May Due Dates
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut
    May 7th: Mrs Sketchbook, CocoLoco523
    May 8th: LC
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Kick641
    May 15th: Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry , Chanada
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12 (RCS 5/14)
    May 22nd: Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Daisyfay
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss , Jetsa

7. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: you can put Adelaide for my babes name instead of just A

@rrachael: she is beautiful congrats! She reminds me of my own peanut but we aren't sharing photos of her on here

8. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@rrachael: congrats she is sooo beautiful

9. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies...I'm starting to feel pretty defeated, my poor body does not want to let this baby out. 16 hrs of cervidil and nothing but sporadic very mild contractions. Dr will be here in an hour to make plans, but I'm pretty sure they will want her out today no matter the intervention needed.

10. blackbird

@Mrs squirreld: I'm so sorry she's not coming out vaginally and easily! So frustrating when your body makes too good of a home for them!

11. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm sorry

12. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

April 26th: BabyPenguinXO Adelaide

May Due Dates
    May 18th: MsHangry , Chanada

13. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@rrachael: congratulations she is SO beautiful!! Hope nursing continues to improve!

@Mrs squirreld: aw I'm sorry! What did the doc say?

14. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@rrachael: Congrats!!! She is beautiful! Love her name.

@Mrs squirreld: I'm sorry this baby is giving you such a hard time Sending you lots of well wishes that she comes out soon, however that might end up being. Hang in there mama!

15. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@rrachael: she is an absolute doll!

16. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@Mrs squirreld: poor little thing is snug as a bug! i bet you are mentally just worn out. sending good vibes.

17. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

My choice was csection or going home with daily monitoring as they still couldnt break my waters. So we going home. I'm pretty upset but she is safe and happy so that is the main thing. I'm just so over being poked, prodded and given false hope. I could still be given a csection anyday if monitoring shows any danger. Another ultrasound today too to double check she is still growing well.

18. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@Mrs squirreld: oh you poor thing!! What an emotional rollercoaster! As long as she's fine, I guess hanging in there is the right thing to do, even if frustrating. Hugs to you!

19. chanada

cherry / 147 posts

Julian Maxwell born May 10 one week and a day early just in time for Mother's Day!

Had bloody show early Sunday morning cramping throughout morning and then active labor in the afternoon. Born 10:18 pm at 6 lb 15 oz.

20. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@chanada: yay! I knew there had to be one Mother's Day babe!

May Births
    April 26th: BabyPenguinXO Adelaide
    May 10th: Chanada Julian Maxwell

May Due Dates
    May 18th: MsHangry

21. blackbird

Heading in for an induction! High blood pressure and protein in urine

22. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: I mentioned this in our other board, but YOU GOT THIS! Keep us updated!

23. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@blackbird: stalking!! Good luck mama!!

24. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@chanada: Congratulations!!! What a sweetie - so cute!! And I love the name!

25. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@chanada: dig the name, almost went with it!

@blackbird: good luck!

26. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@chanada: ahhhh, what a sweetheart & wonderful mother's day gift!

@blackbird: good luck lady, can't wait to hear of your little guy's debut!!

27. blackbird

Whoops updated the wrong post!

IV is in, waiting on labs to see what induction route and meds I get

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: what choices do you have? I guess I was nieve in thinking cervedil/Pitocin was it until i followed mrs.squirreled's journey.

29. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@chanada: Congratulations! He looks adorable. Can't believe my due date "twin" had delivered!

@blackbird: good luck!!!

30. blackbird

@jetsa: well they were determining if I needed a mag drip for pre-e. But the numbers came back fine so they went straight to pit. T was being a punk, though, so they broke my water, which stabilized him, and I'm having contractions but they aren't really bothering me so we're just waiting for them to suck more

31. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: haha oh ok. You made me LOL at waiting for them to suck more

32. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@blackbird: oh goodluck!!!! and hahaha I know that feeling of wanting the contractions to suck more.

33. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@chanada: congrats

34. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@chanada: Congrats! Love his name.

@blackbird: Sending lots of "sucky contractions" wishes! Hoping T is here soon!

35. blackbird

Thanks guys! They ended up confining me to the bed due to concern of cord prolapse so I got an epidural way early compared to when I did for E! I was having woozy episodes, too, and seeing lights. Contractions are not easy to manage when you aren't supposed to move and are bed ridden, and I kept having to be bed panned just to pee-not a fan. I was not wanting to hydrate because of that. Plus my BP skyrocketed (I hit 160/110) and they said an epidural would bring it down, so now I'm just chilling, napping a little, and waiting to get to a 10 and for him to drop and engage. This birth spiraled out of my control fast, with lots of (necessary) medical interventions, but it is what it is. This is not at all how I expected this to go! It's weirdly peaceful and boring now lol. I don't love how the epidural feels but it brought my BP down a lot and I'm comfortable

36. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blackbird: so glad you're feeling more comfortable and your BP has come down. Engage little guy!!

37. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

After a day of cramping and some mild sporadic contractions I might be progressing... The contractions are fairly regular 5-6.5 min apart but not horribly painful yet. Laying in bed to see if they will dissapear or stick around while I try to rest!

38. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@MsHangry: keep us posted!!

@blackbird: my epidural was AMAZING... Hahaha well... Before it failed. This was with my first. I hope you have a baby by morning :)))

39. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@blackbird: glad you're comfy, though it sucks that it didn't go the way you hoped. I hope he gets here quickly and easily!!!

40. blackbird

@MsHangry: ah I hope it's the real deal for you! You deserve a quick and easy delivery!

@BabyPenguinXO: they said this one won't fail! I have a continuous pump and i can hit the juice whenever I want more. I asked if we could turn it down when it came time to push and they told me it doesn't work that way! I guess there's no epidural light version here. Also apparently I have a wide space and am easy to place, so there's that I guess.

@LovelyPlum: thanks me too! Hopefully just a few more hours

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee