Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Ms.Badger: Just saw this (I'm not a stalker, I swear) and had to congratulate you! So happy for this new journey for you!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby!!

2. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

EDD: May 8

How far along: Three- four weeks

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: Friday. I meet with my new ob/gyn, but we will likely not get too much into baby stuff.

Any symptoms so far? I smell different, I'm really sleepy, I'm sensitive to kitchen/food odors, and cramping.

Who have you told? Our parents, most of our siblings, our BFFs, some of his co workers, my hair stylist.

3. poprocks7911

pea / 13 posts

@kick641: Congrats!
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Congrats! I'm super sensitive to smell now too and have cramping, glad to know it's normal

4. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@Ms.Badger: congratulations and best wishes to you!

5. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Hello all!

EDD: May 7
    How far along: 4w6d
    First child? Yes
    First doctor appointment: I did IVF, so I have an ultrasound at my RE's office next week. I'm unsure about where I want to deliver, I have to decide between a midwife practice and a university hospital.
    Any symptoms so far? Awful reflux, which caused some vomiting. Motion sickness. Cramping and bloating. My boobs feel huge and I'm the couch nap queen
    Who have you told? Sort of a long list, since several ppl knew about the IVF. DH, mom, 2 friends. I'll be telling my yoga and pilates teachers as well as DH's physical therapist this week.

6. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Ms.Badger: Congratulations!!!!!

7. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@macintosh: yay!!

8. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@macintosh: so thrilled for you!! Congratulations!!

9. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@macintosh: Congratulations! I need to tell my kickboxing instructor the next time I go, so I don't have to hold pads/bags anymore. Another woman who was pregnant earlier this year got to work out with us for about half get pregnancy, so I hope I get to do that. Do you think you'll have to modify poses right away? I don't really know much about yoga.

10. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@birdofafeather, @oliviaoblivia: thank you!

11. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@kick641: thanks! Kickboxing sound like fun! I'm not sure if I'll need to modify much, but I haven't been working out lately (doctors orders) so I'm sure to be out if shape. Pilates and yoga have a lot if lying down on your back, which I know is supposed to be limited. I may try prenatal yoga too

12. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@blackbird: I missed this!! Congrats!!!

13. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@kick641: congratulations! We are filling out in May

@macintosh: I didn't seek IF treatment, but had been trying for 20 months. Congrats! This has to feel grrreat!

14. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @macintosh: @ Ms.Badger: I am so, so thrilled for you all!

15. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

Ahhh, so is this right so far?

May Mamas

May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh
    May 8th: Mrs. Lemon-Lime
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 15th: Kick641

16. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Wow, I'm glad you wait is finally over! It does feel great, thank you!

@LovelyPlum: Thank you!

@kick641: That is a beautiful list

17. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@kick641: We are really gathering a great group of ladies!

EDD: May 4
    How far along: 5w2d
    First child? I'm still struggling with this, No but who do I lie to and just say yes.... I'm sure I'll figure it out. For those new to the boards, I lost my 14 month old to a heroic battle with an unknown disease in July.
    First doctor appointment: I debating staying with my OB from last time or switching... I guess I need to decide soon
    Any symptoms so far? Bad dizziness when standing and tiredness but I feel pretty good so far
    Who have you told? Both my and DH's immediate families. We were all together and it was so nice to have good news for everyone

18. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Ms.Badger: OMG just seeing this now. CONGRATS!!!!

19. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

So very happy to see the long-awaited BFPs in this group! H&H 9 months to everyone!

20. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

Wasn't planning on doing this yet....but that's so much easier said than done.

EDD: May 15
    How far along? 3w6d
    First child? No, we have a wonderful 24m old son.
    First Dr appt: not scheduled yet. Trying to stay semi uninvolved for right now.
    Any symptoms? Random headaches. Some on/off nausea, which doesn't help my hunger and cravings.
    Who have you told? DH

I just had a mc back in July, so this feels very surreal. I want to be so happy but honestly I'm trying to stay very removed from the whole thing. I spotted for a week before I miscarried at 7w, so I don't think I'll be able to enjoy this for a bit, unfortunately.

21. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

may is looking like an awesome group!!

22. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Keppa: congratulations!! I'm sorry to hear about your previous mc. Praying that this one is sticky!

23. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Keppa: yea! Welcome and congratulations!

24. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Keppa: Um -- hooooray! That was quick
    Congratulations to all the moms to be...a lot of you have been through hell and back to get here. I'm so happy you got your

25. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Keppa: Congrats!

I know it's super early, but most of us will be moving into the second trimester around Halloween. Is anyone else kind of looking at Halloween themed ideas for announcing your pregnancy at that time? I'm trying to brainstorm costumes and not coming up with much yet. I'm also not working very hard yet because I feel kind of crazy thinking that far ahead.

26. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Keppa: congratulations!

27. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@kick641: I doubt I will be able to hold out until halloween. I think once we see babe/hear the heartbeat we will probably start telling people. I have a feeling I"m going to be showing pretty early this time. There are these cute skeleton shirts that have a baby skeleton over the bump. I think it'd be pretty obvious if you wore that!

28. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Ms.Badger: ! That's such a good idea. I'm going to go look that up. I'm on the heavier side, and this is my first, so I'll probably make it awhile before I show.

29. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@kick641: Congrats! Where in MO are you?

@badger, I know that's a really hard situation to be in. I hope you find an answer that works for you

EDD: May 9
    How far along? 5 weeks
    First child? No, I have a 17 month old girl
    First Dr appt: Sept 18
    Any symptoms? Fatigue, wearing out fast at the gym, some lightheadedness.
    Who have you told? DH....a bunch of my girlfriends who know about my problems, lol.

30. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@blackbird: CONGRATS!

31. Mrs. Sketchbook

GOLD / nectarine / 2884 posts

@Ms.Badger: holy cow congrats!!!

32. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@blackbird: I'm in KC now, but I grew up in STL.

I bought a copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting yesterday. There is sooooo much info in there. I'm definitely not retaining most of what I read.

33. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Adira: @cmomma17: @macintosh: @spaniellove: @Mrs. Sketchbook: Thank you all!

May mommas - how's everything going? I'm still feeling pretty good. Need to call and make my first appointment. Anyone seen their LO yet?

34. Mrs. Oyster

I finally sucked it up and called to make my 1st appt today.
    My intake appt isn't until 10/6. They asked if I had any concerns or background issues that would make me want an earlier appt (which I thought was AWESOME for them to ask up front). I told them I'd had a mc 2 months ago and was a bit anxious, so the woman said I could have an appt with a nurse on Wednesday. I took the appt, but might cancel it tomorrow (or at least call and ask what it entails). I'll only be 4w5d, so I doubt hightly they'd do much other than answer any questions I have...which I don't really have any, and it's a pain to find someone to watch LO.

35. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Keppa: I say if you're anxious, keep the appointment. If there's something they feels needs to be done, it will be. Maybe you'll get labs or they'll schedule an early ultrasound, or they'll talk to you and tell you everything's fine. For me, more information is better than less

36. Mrs. Oyster

@Ms.Badger: Yeah, I just called and asked for it to be moved out for a week. The timing tomorrow would just be tough for me, and I think I'll feel a little better about the appt by next week this time. But you're right - I'm definitely interested in more info...just a little too nervous right now to accept it, I guess.

37. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

I now have my first appointment scheduled for Sept. 22, it will include an ultrasound. It will be nice to see the babe and know he/she is doing ok in there.

38. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Hi all:)

I am considering applying to this thread:) My first appt is Thurs and I'll be about 6w4ishd so I'm praying that there's a strong heartbeat. My EDD is 5-2-15. This is #2 for me. I have a sweet girl that was born in December of 2012.

I'm too scared to officially join yet:)

Congratulations everyone!

39. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@PrincessBaby: whaaaaat? Oh my gosh!!!!!!! So excited for you and glad to see you back!!!

40. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@HLK208: Thank you so much! It's lovely to be back:) And pregnant! It's really really lovely to be pregnant, just hoping that everything goes well over these next 6 weeks or so!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee