Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: LOL do you watch HIMYM? "Puke Free since '93!" which won't make sense if you don't watch it

2. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@KaitlynB: YAY! Reading back over posts and love the #'s jump!

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: No, I don't watch it, but yeah, that's pretty much how it goes for me. Puke free since '91! So glad to see you here!

4. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@KJfromNJ: Welcome!

Oh my goodness, I believe morning sickness finally set in today. I could barely get to work. Trying to drink water and hide the saltines from my cube mates.

5. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@KJfromNJ: Where in NJ? I'm from Cherry HIll/Voorhees area and currently live just north of Philly

6. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: maybe "Puke Free Fun since '91??" LOL
    @Redmini1: I'm wondering if that will be an issue I have- lots of weird aversions but no MS yet... gah! Though saltines sound divine.
    @Chillybear: I haven't lived in NJ in like, 10 years! But Essex county, Montclair area! I have family farther south/west too especially like Whitehouse Station/Union.

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Redmini1: Even though it's MS and nausea sucks, it's good to hear that it's set it! I'm waiting on mine. I'm sure it will show up this week or next and while I know it means that I've got a healthy babe in there, I don't look forward to the nausea.

8. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@Evansjamie: That's what I keep telling myself, its all for baby. Up until today I had only been really tired, I took another digital over the weekend just to make sure I was still KU and because I want to use them up.

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Redmini1: I hear you. I've been POAS every day (twice a day) because I have so many internet cheapies and they will go bad in a year. Also, It's crazy how tired I can be during the day and how well I'm not sleeping at night. Sheesh. All for the baby. All for the baby.

10. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Ok mama's, what are things preggo's aren't supposed to eat? I knew a few but my BFF (who is due just more than 2 weeks ahead of me) told me GOAT CHEESE and now I'm sad. That's my fave! She also said she thinks some juices aren't ok... are grapefruits ok? OY. I told baby that they better be worth it

11. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

pretty much anything questionable I google "_____ and pregnancy" like this weekend it was hot dogs.... answer ok as long as their cooked to an internal temp of 160 degrees. Soft cheeses are no bueno unless theyre pasteurized (honestly most are, just check the label) I'm learning that most fish is questionable as well either the way its prepared (raw, seared) or the levels of mercury in it (tuna, swordfish, mahi mahi)

12. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I read that you shouldn't eat feta, blue cheese, or anything with raw eggs in it. I was a sad preggo this weekend when all I wanted was to lick the pancake batter spoon and have some feta cheese.

13. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Chillybear: @evansjamie: hubby suggested mexican to celebrate our BFP and I am sad now because queso WAHH!

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: Yep, I totally ate raw pepperoni last night, and then googled it afterward. Oops. It was packaged pepperoni, so I feel a bit better about it.

15. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

I know lunch meat is one, or it has to be heated up. Mrs. Bee posted a list of items that were on the no list. The one that really made me sad was frozen yogurt, I need to google it to see why.

ETA: to add link (hopefully this works) http://www.hellobee.com/2011/09/16/foods-to-avoid-while-pregnant/

16. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Hey ladies,
    I am an October 2012 mommy. My doctor told me not to worry too much about what I ate in the first trimester because it was all about survival. His motto is if it stays down and sounds good go with that. (Within reason of course). Peppermint candies and preggo pops really helped me keep the morning sickness at bay. If it gets too much to handle don't be afraid to ask for medicine.

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: I have been thinking about this and just thought it up : "Ain't puked none since 1991!"

It sounds delightfully tacky and redneck, which is fitting since I live in KY.

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: HAHAHAHA I love it!!!!!

19. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@evansjamie: You can eat feta as long as it is pasteurized. I have been eating it since my BFP, I can't give it up. I go with the rule that most restaurants have pasteurized unless it is a night we go someplace really nice and are more likely to use really fresh ingredients.

20. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

Hey everyone! Today my number were up over 13,000 and the found both the sack and the yolk on the ultrasound (: The doctor I had today was so nice and asked me if it would make me feel better to come in AGAIN next week or the week after!

I'm going in on 2/15 to see if we can get a heartbeat! Thank you for all the wonderful wishes and I hope you all can find a nice doctor like mine! He literally said: "When do you want to come back? Next week? The week after?"

Usually they don't take you before the 10 week appointment (:

Anyone else freaked out by some articles saying you can't use certain makeup, lotions, cleaning products, etc?? I tried looking this up and the ingredients they say are bad are in almost everything I use!! And I use QUALITY products like Olay and Mary Kay...oi vey....

I didn't know you shouldn't use salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide...good to know...no more neutrogena acne scrub....

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@KaitlynB: aww your doctor sounds so great! Jealous!

And I hadn't heard about the salycytic acid etc- I know you can't use like Retin-A micro and other heavy duty prescriptions but I think OTC face washes are fine... Where did you hear that?

22. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@KJfromNJ: Yay!!! So excited for your BFP! I have been checking the February POS thread, but it's nice to see you in here

@KaitlynB: More great news! It sounds like you've got an awesome doctor.

So I think morning sickness is on its way. So far I'm okay if my tummy is full, but once it gets empty things get a bit rocky. Hoping that it holds off a bit longer...

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KaitlynB: great news, and what a great doctor!

Last night, I was in bed by 8:15, and out by 9:00. That is so early, and my husband was like, "you're going to bed NOW?" I have a long night tonight since I have to work late, I hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of the event!

24. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

@Purple: How old is your LO now? Mine will be 2 in April, so 2.5 when the new one is born (fingers crossed that all goes well)

Can I join you ladies? Got my BFP this morning!

Due Date: Babycenter says October 15
    Months It Took to Conceive: 6? ish?
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: None. I haven't noticed anything, but my period isn't even due yet so it's super early.
    Child Number: 2
    What You're Most Excited For: Telling family. They'll be psyched
    What You're Most Scared About: My last pregnancy sucked, and I'm desperately hoping this one will be less awful. Am also scared about having the energy to handle a job and a toddler if I feel as bad as I did last pregnancy.

25. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Lozza: CONGRATS! It looks like you're 1 day behind me, I'm Oct 14 and tested yesterday Glad to have you on here!!!!

26. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Lozza: Welcome!!

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Lozza: Welcome!

28. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Due Date Roll Call So Far

10/1: KaitlynB
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza

I'm sure there will be more but we got a good start, feel free to update as needed

29. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Upcoming appts (Please update if i didn't catch ya in the thread)

2/15 - Mrs. Monkey
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    3/4 - Chillybear (8 week-ultrasound?)
    3/11 - Evansjaime

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chillybear: If you go by my LMP, my due date is October 4, but if you go by ovulation and my longer cycle, my due date is October 12. I will know more when I go for my 9/10 week ultrasound in March.

31. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@evansjamie: Do you want me to put you on the 12 until you have your appt?

32. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chillybear: No, keep me on the 4 until we know more. I kind of want it to be closer to the 4th because my birthday is October 3. Best Birthday Present Ever!

33. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@evansjamie: that would be the best birthday present... I love celebrating my birthday with my husband (8/15 & 8/17) and I was always jealous of my dad and brother (bday 3/22 & 3/24) because they would always celebrate their "tweener" day in between their birthdays in a special way

34. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

OH my gosh I love these! My bday present is I am 12 weeks the day before (well, as of now, we'll see with confirmation at my doctors' appts) My birthday is 4/2. Which means that 12 week "safe to blab" day.... APRIL FOOL'S DAY. HAHA. Yeah I think I'll skip announcing then hahaha.

35. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@Chillybear: I have my next u/s on 2/15 (:

@KJfromNJ: I saw it on the bump.com and then started googling it!!! And I am also not happy to hear we can't have fro-yo...what the heck?!

36. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@KaitlynB: Fantastic news!

@Lozza: Welcome!

@Chillybear: My first Dr. appointment is on 2/14 but first u/s is on 3/12.

I'm also having a heck of a time with food, are the aversions suppose to start this soon? Anyone else finding it hard to find things to eat? I'm choking down an apple right now even though I usually love them. Nothing seems to settle right.

37. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Redmini1: I'm also having issues with food.

I feel kind of crampy/twinges in my abdomen, I'm 4w. Anyone else? I'm not sure if its normal- and I have no spotting or bleeding at all FYI- just makes me nervous.

38. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@Lozza: Congrats and welcome!

@Redmini1: Mine is avocado. I usually love it and now the thought makes me want to gag.

@KJfromNJ: I've had cramping on and off the past week and a half as well. I think it's normal

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: same here, cramping/twinges without bleeding or spotting.

40. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: @Mrs. Monkey: thanks guys! My IRL preggo bestie also said that her and her preggo coworker feel the same. WEIRD, but at least it's pretty normal. That and my sack of rocks boobs. OY.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee