Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@AprilK: Welcome and Congrats! So good to see the board growing each day

I haven't experienced any spotting so far but i imagine that would be very scary. I hope the dr can give you some peace of mind.

I'm feeling strangely un-pregnant... other than my boobs feeling swollen and super heavy. The nausea I was feeling over the weekend seemed to subside this week.

I told my Grandmom last night, she's the first to know! Yesterday was the anniversary of my grandpop's death, so i called to tell her i was thinking about her and to cheer her up i told her that she's going to be a great grandmother again and that I'm due on my grandpop's birthday. She was very excited but i made her promise that she had to keep it a secret since we didnt even tell my parents yet.

2. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@Jennimac and @AprilK: Welcome and Congrats! So exciting to see more Mamas joining this board.

3. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@AprilK: CONGRATS and I hope this pregnancy goes super smoothly for you! Let us know what the dr says. I have seen a lot of symptoms that have slight brown spotting so hopefully it's really nothing. And I'm a cramp factory over here myself!

@Chillybear: that is the sweetest story! I lost all my grandparents before I even got to college (and my dad... ugh poor baby is missing out) so that is just adorable that you call her and can tell her.

4. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Also... first trip to the grocery store post knowing I'm KU... holy cow. I WANTED ALL THE THINGS. I had to lie to myself that I would get soft pretzels and cheese sauce NEXT week (I'll lie to myself then too) but did walk out with Brownie mix and m&M's. holy chocolate. I convinced DH that chocolate is really good for babies.

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chillybear: Me too. Other than some faint boob tenderness, I feel nothing. I go to bed at 8:30-9:00, but I'm wide awake by 6:00. I have noticed that my appetite has jumped up (especially since I've gained two pounds in two weeks!)

6. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

Old Navy is having a big maternity sale and I kind of want to stock up but that feels weird to start doing so ridiculously early... (on the other hand, it's all returnable if my appointment goeth not well...)

7. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Lozza: is it maternity too? I know it's their kids & baby sale, and cardholders (moi) get $15 off $50... if that includes maternity then CRAP I'm in.

8. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Anyone know if Mary Kay stuff is preg safe? I plan to order some of the cleanser etc- no benzoyl peroxide etc and its fine?

9. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@KJfromNJ: it should be. That's what I use.

10. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

@KJfromNJ: So the doc said it can be pretty normal but prescribed me progesterone anyway. He said it's not a silver bullet but at this point "it's the only game in town." So basically all they can really do - I feel better that at least we're doing something!

I was supposed to just see the nurse but since I was having trouble they had the doc come in. I love him, I wasn't on his schedule but he took time out to talk to me! I was also the first to request this new DNA test that just came out within the last couple of years- basically they take your blood at 10 weeks and use it to test the baby for major disorders like downs. I'm not a high risk candidate so we'll have to pay for it out of pocket but I'm all for science... haha. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MaterniT21#MaterniT21_PLUS
    And honestly, it just seems really cool and no risk, so.... why not?
    He said it's recommended for anyone over 35 in place of an amnio.

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Lozza: I have been looking and can't decide what I want!

12. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

@KJfromNJ: There's a lot of maternity stuff on markdown- jeans for $19, skirts for $12, tanks and shirts for $8-9.

13. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

@evansjamie: I currently have 13 things in my cart for $209 and DH will kill me if I order all of it... but.... but... I can return it if I don't like it, or if something happens!

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Lozza: ruh roh, I might have to go there on Saturday and pick up $50 worth! EEK!

15. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@KJfromNJ: I'm a day ahead of you (if you're in the States) so our mornings and evenings are opposite.

@AprilK: Welcome and congrats!!

@Lozza: I hadn't even started thinking about maternity clothes. But I'll take any excuse to shop!

16. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Monkey: lol I figured

17. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@Beebug: Thanks, Beebug!!!! I love that y'all still check on me. It makes my heart happy. : )

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

So yesterday and today I have felt less crampy and had a bit more energy and that makes me NERVOUS!!!!! I hate this part.

19. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@KJfromNJ: I know what you mean. There will be moments that I think my chest stopped Hurting as much or my cramps seem non-existant. Then, they will start hurting again. I just keep telling myself, it's out of my hands-I'm doing all I can do a the rest is up to God. It helps ease some of my worrying.

20. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Jennimac: I am a control freak so that is hard, but amazing advice, you are so right.

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: Me too! I have been praying so hard and learning to trust so much right now.

Things learned about baby today: Baby is not a fan of cereal, chili, or chocolate milk. Things baby does like this week: Cheese, Goldfish crackers, and Canada Dry.

22. ChefAimee

coffee bean / 47 posts

Hello Ladies!

Due Date: October 7th,
    Months It Took to Conceive: 1
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: Not quite sure, as I wasn't tracking as we weren't really "trying," and really didn't think it would happen so fast after going off of BCP. But if everything was normal, it would have been 17 days.
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: missing my period but with light spotting a few days after, sore breasts, drastic change in skin (from very dry to EXTREMELY oily), Shortness of Breath, mild cramping
    Child Number: 1
    What You're Most Excited For: Everything! But telling my family this weekend, and having my mom scan me for the first time (she's an ultrasound tech).
    What You're Most Scared About: miscarriage by far, but everything really.

23. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@ChefAimee: Congrats and welcome to Hellobee!

Due Date Roll Call

10/1: KaitlynB
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/17: JenniMac

24. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ChefAimee: Congrats and welcome!!!!!!

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ChefAimee: Welcome to the October board!

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I can't wait for my appt and to get a true due date and make sure everything is ok! Frustrated my OB doesn't do blood tests. What are everyone's OB policies? Mine just said "see ya when you're 6-8 weeks" (and I scheduled for 6w1d, LOL.) What about everyone else?

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: My midwife's office doesn't see you until 10 weeks! I'm dying here. I just want to make sure everything is okay. I'm 6 weeks today according to LMP, so I've still got 4 weeks to go, and I refuse to buy more pregnancy tests. It is definitely an exercise in trust.

Rant over.

28. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@KJfromNJ: Ha.. mine said see you at 8-10 weeks

29. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

I'm going under the assumption that i would know if i was having an issue, like miscarrying, and if i was there's probably not much they could do to stop it. So being that its out of my control i'm just trying to eat well, rest and drink water.... and counting down the days until i get into the office

30. ChefAimee

coffee bean / 47 posts

I don't go in until 9 weeks. I'm lucky because my mom can scan me, but it's still nerve wracking (because she doesn't know yet).

31. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Making brownies (it's been a bad day) and just licked the bowl. Forgot... NO RAW EGGS. jeez this is hard.

32. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@KJfromNJ: mine doesn't see you until 8-10 weeks because it is harder to see when it is early. Mine wanted to see me at 7 weeks but I wanted to wait until my DH could come. The one time I went by myself, I got bad news.

As for trying to stay calm, I'm a complete control freak. But, as I learned last time, I can't really control anything here. I made it past the scary first trimester, had three great ultrasounds and still lost our daughter. I know it's out of my control and I just count each day that I stay pregnant as a blessing.

Afm, my chest is seriously huge. I think it grew faster and larger this time. I still have some cramping and feel tired. I tried quitting caffeine cold turkey, but my head was hurting so bad. I had 1/2 a coke and that made it better. I know the pain I was feeling was probably worse for the baby, so hopefully, I can wean off of them in the next few days.

How is everyone else doing?

33. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@ChefAimee: congrats and welcome!

My doc does a blood test/family history appointment at 6-8wks then an u/s from 10-12 wks but I don't think I see the dr at the first one, only at the u/s.

@Jennimac: this hasn't been a good week, I can't seem to keep any food down at this point so I'm sticking to a diet of water, saltines and Lipton noodle soup.

34. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@ChefAimee: Congrats and Welcome!!

I think I was lucky because I went to the doctor at four weeks to confirm the pregnancy and instead of doing a blood test, he did an ultrasound to confirm that the pregnancy wasn't ectopic. One week to go until the next appointment. I feel like if we can see a heartbeat then, it will actually be real!!

Because I was feeling so crappy the past few days, I decided to skip a day for my prenatals to see if that was the problem. Today I woke up feeling great! I decided to change brands to see if that helps my nausea. Which brand of prenatals are you guys taking? I bought the Natur Made Prenatal Multi with DHA. I hope this one is better!

35. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@Redmini1: Sorry you're not feeling great. I've been craving Lipton noodle soup as well. You have motivated me to see if I can find some today!

36. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@Mrs. Monkey: I use target up and up prenatals and in use the up and up dha supplements.

@Redmini1: I'm so sorry it hasn't been a good week. I alternate between wanting morning sickness so I feel like things are sticking around, but then I worry about having bad sickness. We shall see how the next few weeks go. I hope you feel better.

37. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

Aww thanks ladies! I'm glad I can come here to talk about it with you all. We haven't told anyone yet so coming here helps me keep my sanity. I hope you are all doing well too!

38. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Jennimac: preggo?!? Congrats!!!!! So happy for you!

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Happy Saturday ladies!

40. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Being a crazy person and re testing with the 88 cent tests. Is it bad if the test line isn't as dark as the control? I didn use AM pee though. About 14DPO.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee