Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

(And only re testing because its killing me to wait for my appt!)

2. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@hellobeeboston: yes! Thanks! Found out Wednesday, but I don't go until March 11. Praying this one sticks for the whole 40 weeks and everything is great!

3. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@Mrs. Monkey: I take the one a day that has two pills (one DHA)...I love them and don't get sick from them at all! Walmart now sells the generic for $5!!! The regular is like $20-$30 (:

4. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@KJfromNJ: I kept re-testing too. My $1 tests are still showing a lighter line, even though my blood tests keep going up in HCG.

5. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@KJfromNJ: I wouldn't worry about that. Here was a post about.

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/wondfo-test-strips-should-the-lines-be-getting-darker-each-dpo#post-296309

I hope you can feel better and calmer!

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: Mine haven't been getting darker unless its FMU. I had to quit doing that though because it was making me crazy.

7. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@KaitlynB: @Jennimac: @evansjamie: thanks ladies! My crazy has been calmed

8. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Morning mamas! Quick ? - what app are you using? And what emails do you get? I was hoping to get the weekly email that has the size comparison (like this picture) anyone know what website emails them?

9. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

that might be the bump... I like pregnant chicken and I've down loaded the what to expect app and the sprout pregnancy app

10. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: I've got Sprout on my iPad and WTE on my phone. I signed up for Babycenter's weekly emails, but I don't really like them.

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Well ladies, today I caved and bought my first maternity item: A tank top. Also a striped jersey skirt, both from Old Navy. With this bloat, I am quickly outgrowing my skirts and slacks for work, so a new skirt was in order (right?). The tank top was just because I could.

It was very exciting!

12. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

Hi Mamas-to-Be!

I've been searching for a board to subscribe to and this one seems perfect! Everyone seems so pleasant and supportive!

Due Date: October 15th, according to online due date calculator
    Months It Took to Conceive: 2
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: 14 DPO
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: Missed period, breast fullness, light headed, headaches
    Child Number: This will be my first
    What You're Most Excited For: Being a mommy and seeing my husband as a father - he was adopted, so this will be the first blood-relative he'll have ever known
    What You're Most Scared About: Miscarrying again - I have miscarried twice in the past 12 months

My first appointment and ultrasound are on March 22nd.

Wishing you all a healthy, happy pregnancy! Congratulations!

13. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@BunInOven: Welcome and congrats!!!!

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@BunInOven: Welcome and congratulations! We're so glad to have you!

15. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@Jennimac: OMG! Congrats! Didn't realize you were pregnant! Been following your story. << hope you don't think I'm a stalker lol

16. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@BunInOven: so exciting, welcome! I'm adopted too and hadn't thought of it like that- crazy!

Thanks everyone for the app suggestions

@evansjamie: I bought a few baby items (as well as a maternity shirt to use for bump pics, and stuff for my nephew) at the Old Navy kids and baby sale too! It's so hard to shop gender neutral, I don't know how people do that for 9 months!!!!!!

17. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@evansjamie: I found some really great tops on clearance in the maternity section at target... i've bought a few that could pass for regular clothes but will hopefully make the cut when the belly starts to grow

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Anyone planning fun weekly bump pics?

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I've been taking some on my phone, but they aren't really fun. Just profile pics in my full-length mirror. Right now I don't have the energy for fun pictures.

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chillybear: My Target's maternity section is so awful and small! I looked through the clearance rack, and it was mostly plus-size clothes and hardly any maternity.

21. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@BunInOven: congrats and welcome!

@KJfromNJ: I haven't started the bump pictures yet but when I do they will most likely be bathroom pics unless DH will take them. A few of the apps let you upload the as well to help keep track.

22. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

10/1: KaitlynB
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/17: JenniMac

23. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, so we had dinner at my parents house on Sunday. We tried to get there early as my grandparents, and 2 of my mom's 3 sisters and their families were all coming over for dinner as well. My mom's gift was 2 books she had asked for, a bottle of champagne and a card the said "Happy Birthday Grandma!" I took her a few minutes to "get" the card but once she did the water works started (mostly from my dad...lol) needless to say they were very excited even my 20 yr old brother who will be "Uncle Tommy." I didnt really want all the aunties and extended family to know so i made her hide the card and put on that the champagne was for her birthday. While I was helping her with dinner she kept whispering "i can't stop thinking about it, i wish they would all just leave" It was a very happy moment and i'm glad i finally have someone close who has been there that I can talk to about the pregnancy.

24. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

@Jennimac: I think you said you are on the progesterone too? Are you feeling any side effects? I wonder how much of my feeling like garbage the past few days is just general pregnancy and how much is the prog?!

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chillybear: That is so sweet!

26. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Well ladies, my first appointment is now today at 2:00! I *think* I may have a YI (TMI? Sorry), and my midwife will not write a prescription without doing some tests first (over the counter stuff never works for me). So...hopefully I'll know more about my true due date and have a little peace of mind after today!

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Chillybear: That is adorable! I'm trying to decide how to tell my mom/sisters after my appt but they all live in other states.

@evansjamie: YAY! What time zone? I expect a check in

28. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: 2:00 EST. I live in KY about 45 minutes from CST, and my midwife is in IN, which thankfully follows EST as well.

29. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: awww I moved from Indiana last year

30. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@AprilK: yes. We lost our daughter at 20 weeks last time, so I think my doctor is covering his bases. I take it at night and I haven't really felt anything. I'm usually really tired in the evenings so I don't remember anything else. Other than my chest being sore and a slight pressure or awareness in my lower stomach area and being exhausted at night, I'm not having any other symptoms. I'm trying to remain calm, but I do worry. I know I'm still very early, 4 wks and 5 days at the most. Hopefully, my mind will ease as time goes on. I find myself saying @marionberry 's mantra: today I am pregnant and I love my baby. That keeps me calm. I know it's out of my hands. Sigh.

31. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@KJfromNJ: That one's from The Bump.

Sorry, thread-stalking!

32. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@FutureMrsMcK: Thanks! Got the app and emails now

33. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Ok, update from the midwife: I most definitely have an infection. Other than that, everything else looks okay, she told me that I can run and exercise, just need to keep my heart rate below 150. No confirmation on due date, so I still won't find out more until March 11 at 10 weeks.

On the other hand, the office was very nice and I found out that my hospital is pro-birth plan and pro natural childbirth!

34. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

@Jennimac: I love that mantra! Might have to use that one myself.

I'm going to another country for work next week so I just keep worrying that something is going to happen and I'm going to end up in some horrible hospital far away from home. But need to stay positive.

35. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

Well, here I am! I did not think I'd join one of these until 2014! (I'm incognito, by the way... I'll reveal myself after we announce to family/friends!)

Due Date: According to an online due date calculator, it's October 22.
    Months It Took to Conceive: We were not really preventing for a year (using an iPhone app to try to avoid fertile periods), but this was a big surprise, so honestly zero! I know we are very blessed.
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: I am not totally sure but I think 16?
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: My boobs hurt so, so, so bad. And my period was late.
    Child Number: 1
    What You're Most Excited For: Hard to say right now. It's still sinking in!
    What You're Most Scared About: EVERYTHING.

36. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: Welcome and congrats! We're happy to have you here

37. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: YAY! So great (except the YI!) How do you keep track of your HR when exercising? I'm trying to avoid buying a really expensive HRM... urg.

@knockedup_nowwhat: CONGRATS!!!!! I'm sure it's surreal Glad to have you on the board! And I also am looking forward to really "revealing" who I am when I'm 12 weeks and it's "facebook official" lol

38. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@BunInOven: Congrats!

@knockedup_nowwhat: Welcome!

@KJfromNJ: I would love to do weekly bump pics. I've been trying to think about a cute way to do them. think I've got a few more weeks until there is any noticeable bump though!

39. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

My husband and I have only told my mother the news. I can't keep a secret from her for the life of me and she is always so supportive of us. We are waiting until 12 weeks to tell the rest of our family. I don't have any friends (not that I don't want any, I would love to have friends, I am just quite shy when I am outside of work), so I really must say that I am so thankful for all of your support!

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: I just try to take it slow and if I feel like I'm getting too hot to too high, I stop and walk. I was training for a half, but I've scrapped that for this spring.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee