Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Here's what i had posted back on page 3

Upcoming appts (Please update if i didn't catch ya in the thread)

2/14 - RedMini1
    2/15 - Mrs. Monkey
    2/15 - KaitlynB
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    3/4 - Chillybear (8 week-ultrasound?)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)

2. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@KaitlynB: That is such a crazy name! I want everything to be happy/warm,/fuzzy and not medical, lol. When I called for my appt I waited for any sign of a smile or a "congrats" from the lady and got NADA. I guess not all women are EXCITED but still :'(

Can't wait to hear what your actual due date ends up!

3. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

I have to say my appointment yesterday was pretty disappointing and I left feeling really overwhelmed. I'm having doubts regarding the dr's that I'm going through. I've been going to this clinic since I was a teenager but everything was so impersonal yesterday. I met with a nurse that just went over the usual, diet, limit caffiene etc... all stuff I knew from the internet. It ended with them taking a ton of blood and sending me on my way with a packet of info about the hospital and child birth. I thought that this kind of care would be fine but maybe I need the warm and fuzzy approach... I'm sorry for the long post, its just taken some of the excitment out of this.

4. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Redmini1: I'm just like you, I NEED the warm and fuzzy approach. I'm sorry that your office wasn't very welcoming and warm. Maybe now is the time to search out another OB if you can?

5. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@Redmini1: I NEED that warm fuzzy too! I was so surprised at how nice the dr's I have had have been!

I say if you aren't getting what you want where you are, move to another dr. You don't want 9 months of worrying or feeling like people don't care ):

6. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

DUE DATES

10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/17: JenniMac

UPCOMING APPTS

2/19 - KJfromNJ
    2/26: KaitlynB - ultrasound
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/12: KaitlynB - 12 week ultrasound

7. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@KaitlynB: Add protectlove 10/1, Plato 10/10, and Knockedup_nowwhat on 10/15... i think they were the newer ladies to join in

8. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@Evansjaime: and @KaitlynB: Yeah, I think I'm going to start hunting around. I'll give it another shot for the ultrasound since I haven't even seen the doc yet but if I'm still feeling like this afterwards, I'm going to need to change.

9. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

I think I'm ready to join! I finally found a digi to test with and the words make it feel more real!

Due Date: According to LMP October 20
    Months It Took to Concieve: 3
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: 14dpo (I got a giant neg on 9 and 11 dpo)
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: The biggest one was shortness of breath! I'm super active and suddenly walking upstairs was really hard!
    Child Number: 1
    What You're Most Excited For: Baby! Everything!
    What You're Most Scared About: Everything! Miscarriage obviously. Also the fact that at 11dpo it was 100% neg on frer so that night I had 3 drinks and sushi and now I'm afraid I've done something terrible :s

P.s. Anyone else a runner? I'm not sure how we are allowed to run but i really miss my long runs? I feel like I don't want to shake him loose! I have an appt with my GP on Tuesday to confirm the preg plus refer me to an ob so maybe I will ask then...

10. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@evansjamie: @KJfromNJ: Oops I realized I didn't go back far enough! Yay running! Are you just using 140 bpm? I'm registered for a half in May and a 10k in April so I guess I'll just have to see how I feel!

11. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I have an appt Tuesday too and am going to ask! I've seen pregnant people running in some of my races so I'm pretty sure you can if you aren't crazy. I just got a HRM so I hope to use that to monitor my HR as specified by my OB, hopefully. Let's compare notes Tuesday!

And... CONGRATS!

12. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I haven't been running much, but my Midwife said to keep my heart rate under 150. I'm signed up for a 5k, 10k, 10-miler, and half, but I'm only doing the 5k.

13. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Congrats and welcome!!

@Redmini1: I totally understand where you're coming from about the "warm and fuzzy approach" as I'm the same way as you. I think especially since this is our first, we hope everyone will be as excited as we are. I agree that at least looking around at other options is a good idea.

14. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@KJfromNJ: I love this idea for weekly updates. It's too cute! I'll have to search around for something fun to do.

15. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

DUE DATES
    10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/17: JenniMac
    UPCOMING APPTS
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    2/26: KaitlynB - ultrasound
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/11-Jennimac (ultrasound)
    3/12: KaitlynB - 12 week ultrasound

Added in my appointment info!

16. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/rainbow-baby

So I made a thread about this, but I've been seeing rainbows everywhere. I can't help but think our daughter is telling us something. I'm hoping it is good news, that this baby will be a sticky one.

17. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

I guess I can join now!!

EDD: From my LMP, October 28th!

Months It Took to Conceive: Well we've been trying for one year, and probably only 10 cycles due to PCOS. We got a BFP right away last year and lost the baby in May.

DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: I'm not sure, I threw all charting and OPKs out the window this cycle. My guess is 13dpo (Valentine's Day). I had the faintest, sadest line on a wondfo but I called my RE anyway for blood work. Yesterday (14dpo) I had a dark line on FRER and a BFP on a digi.

Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: Really not much. I always get bloated, acne, cramps, and bitchy before AF. The only thing I thought maybe about was since Monday I have been so sick to my stomach. I feel like vomit is sitting in my throat ready to attack at any moment.

Child Number: this is our first! we do have an angel baby in heaven but we lost that one so early.What You're Most Excited For: Seeing my parents be excited again and us getting to be pregnant again. We didn't make it that far last time, but I keep praying that this one is different. I'm super excited to finally buy some of the stuff I've been researching!

What You're Most Scared About: another miscarriage and disappointing everyone who wanted the baby

I am so excited to be here! This was my third cycle with an RE after being told I have PCOS and my third on meds. Last pregnancy I was 16dpo before I even got a faint line and this time I feel so much more confident by my levels. My HCG was 94.6 on Thursday and my progesterone was 58.7 so both of those are great! I just have a gut feeling that this time is going to be different!

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ladybee: congratulations and welcome!

19. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@evansjamie: thanks

20. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@ladybee: so happy you are here!!!

@fuzzypeaches: welcome!!!

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ladybee: YAYYY so glad you're in here

22. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Finished my weekly bump pictures shirt! It's a weeee bit lopsided but not enough to re-do this. I got an XL even though I wear a L because I was scared if I gain weight that the last weekly pictures would be very "fat man in a little coat" haha. I'm crossing off the weeks with green and then will switch to pink or blue when we find out boy or girl this is from the tutorial I posted in here earlier this week in case anyone wants to try!

23. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@kjfrommj: that is super cute! I think it looks great!

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: I really like that!

25. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Joining this board right away! I just found out about a week ago...

Due Date: October 15th
    Months It Took to Conceive: Three months (Five months after a miscarriage)
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: Actually waited until Feb 8th when period was supposed to start, got a faint line. Tested Feb 11th and got a BFP!
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: gas, bloat, headaches, heavy/full boobs
    Child Number: 3 (Twins first)
    What You're Most Excited For: A totally new experience
    What You're Most Scared About: Another miscarriage

26. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: welcome and congratulations!

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I think I'm going to take all of my bump pictures in the same maternity tank top just for continuity. They will most likely be on my iPhone, especially this summer when Tony is traveling.

28. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@TFrances: welcome!!!!! Congrats! And twins- what an experience!! How old are they?

29. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Everytime this hows up on the boards page I can't believe that I am an October 2013 mom! So exciting!

@TFrances: welcome!!

@evansjamie: I think I'm going to wear a maxi skirt and tank the whole time. I love the look of the woman in one outfit and seeing how the fit changes. I'm nervous to start my photos. I'm so bloated, I hope I don't look huge!

30. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@ladybee: @TFrances: welcome! And twins is beyond exciting! Tell us more!

I just told my parents/in laws today (only telling them and a friend of mine who is an ob until 12 wks prob) and the reaction was beyond what I could have imagined! I was somehow worried about confirming the rumor that dh and I have sex lol.

Has anyone told? How dud you do it? We are far away from everyone so it was just a phone call for us! We told them that we brought a stowaway from our big trip to ASia

31. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@ladybee: @TFrances: Congrats and welcome to you both!

@KJfromNJ: It turned out great! Nice job.

I agree with you guys that I'd like to do my pics in the same outfit to see the progression of the baby growing. I'm thinking a dress would be nice. I'll have to keep my eye out for a cute (and stretchy) one.

32. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@KJFfromNJ: My twins are actually 10 years old. Yep, my babies are going to be be 10 years apart. This is such a weird position to be in, but I'm loving the chance to be a mom again. Just concerned about how to include the older boys with new baby. Thinking it will probably be an ongoing discovery.

33. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@tfrances: there was 11 years between my brother and I and I liked it a lot. We didn't bicker as much and he took really good care of me.

ETA: he didn't have to take care of me, I had awesome parents but he always stepped up and liked to. Especially once he was over 16.

34. ChefAimee

coffee bean / 47 posts

@fuzzypeaches, I found out a week after I started training for a full marathon. I did stop the training class, but I have since done two 5ks, but took them very slow (Galloway method) which I think will be okay. I don't want to give it up entirely, especially with race season starting, but I know that anything over a seven mile is probably too much.

35. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@TFrances: my friends oldest is 10 yrs old, almost 11, and thy just had a baby in December. Funny thing is they didn't know they were pregnant until they were about 4 months along because they were not trying at all!!! It's worked on wonderfully and both boys are getting along.

36. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@fuzzypeaches: @ladybee: @TFrances: Congratulations!! So happy you joined!

37. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@TFrances: also I had another friend who had twins first, then seven years later had a singleton. She said it was so easy compared to the twins!!!

38. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

Hi ladies! My mother just informed me about a spinach recall due to E. Coli and I wanted to make sure you were aware of it. Here is a link regarding the brand, packaging, and use-by-date:

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2013/02/organic-baby-spinach-recalled-nationwide-over-e-coli-concerns/#.USJTUWfA2RM

39. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ChefAimee: I run with the Jeff Galloway method! Over the last year and a half I lost 50 lbs (and I probably put 10 back already) and I was NOT a runner so the Jeff Galloway method was amazing to get me out "running" (I feel bad saying running as it's run/walk) and I have done three 5k's using his method! I LOVE IT! I'm going to keep it up after my OB ok's it tomorrow (I hope.)

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Thanks for letting us know!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee