Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Ok ladies, who is working today? I am, and since I work with military/schools a lot, it's DEAD. And I'm so bored! I bet you're all off work and enjoying life, lucky!! My appt is tomorrow at 8:15 and I'm going crazy about it so I need the rest of the day to go fast!

2. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@KJfromNJ: I'm off which is great. I have a horrible cold. If I don't feel better by this late afternoon, then I'm going up to school to get things ready for a sub. Good luck on your appointment tomorrow!

3. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@KJfromNJ: I was off today and had big plans of being oh so productive. I'm finishing up my masters degree so I did complete homework that I saved till the last minute (more to do tomorrow) and I cooked dinner. Oh and I showered. Good enough for me!

4. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Got my 2nd blood work back today. My first hCG was a 94 which they took on Thursday at 11:45am. My second was 301 which they took Saturday at 11:45am. In 48 hours my hCG levels trippled. I had another draw today (yup, at 11:45am) and I can't wait to get those levels back tomorrow

5. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ladybee: I haven't even showered and yay for the good #'s!

6. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

Added myself - and my upcoming appointment - to the list below!

DUE DATES
    10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat
    10/17: JenniMac
    UPCOMING APPTS
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    2/21 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (6w ultrasound)
    2/26: KaitlynB - ultrasound
    3/4 - Chillybear (8 week-ultrasound?)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/11-Jennimac (ultrasound)
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)
    3/12: KaitlynB - 12 week ultrasound

7. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

I'm finally started to get excited! All things considered, I think only a week before I wrapped my head around this unexpected pregnancy is pretty good!

Nervous about our ultrasound this week though. Any of you having/had ultrasounds as early as 6 weeks?

8. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@ladybee: awesome numbers!!!!!

@knockedup_nowwhat: good luck!!! Ours is at 8 weeks, my calculations. That's when my doctor does them.

9. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@ladybee: I unloaded the dishwasher. The I went up to school to get things ready for a sub. I have a horrible cold and I'm taking tomorrow off.

10. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

DUE DATES
    10/28: ladybee
    UPCOMING APPTS
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    3/11 - Evansjaime

11. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: I've had 3 so far. 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 7ish weeks.

NOTHING showed on the first, the gestational sac and yolk sac showed on the second, but no fetal pole and the last one (2/15) we saw a heartbeat!!

Don't be scared if you don't see anything or don't see much. I was worried but found out babies grow at such different rates.

12. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: mine is tomorrow at least I HOPE they will do one. They do first appts between 6-8 weeks so I assume that includes an U/S if you are in that window. FX! I share when I get back!

13. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@Jennimac: Thanks! I go to a midwife practice, so they don't do many ultrasounds, but I have an ovarian cyst so they want to check that out right away. Bonus is we get to peek at the baby!

@KaitlynB: Wow, lots of U/S for you! Thanks for the reassurance, though if we don't see anything / don't get a heartbeat, I will probably be anxious...

@KJfromNJ: Fingers crossed for you too! My midwife doesn't do ultrasounds that early unless there is a specific need (I have an ovarian cyst), but it varies so much by the provider.

14. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Added myself! Am dying of excitement for appt tommorrow, even though I know there will be no U/S (just seeing GP for a referral to my Ob)

@KJfromNJ: Can't wait to hear how yours goes too!

DUE DATES
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    UPCOMING APPTS
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    3/11 - Evansjaime

15. lawt09

coffee bean / 27 posts

Due Date: October 24th
    Months It Took to Conceive: Three months
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: I tested on 12 DPO
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: bloat, cramping that was different than my usual menstrual cramps
    Child Number: 2
    What You're Most Excited For: Sibling for my son and a baby to snuggle
    What You're Most Scared About: Juggling two kids, sleepless nights

16. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@lawt09: congrats and welcome!!!!

17. Mrs. Tiger

blogger / pomegranate / 3044 posts

Hi everyone! I'm a big lurker (since the weddingbee baby days!) but decided to finally show my face

Due Date: October 22 - 28th ish
    Months It Took to Conceive: one! First month trying after removing implanon, so I don't have a LMP to go off of, hence the due date uncertainty
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: No idea. Got BFN on 2 Feb and 9 Feb, BFP on 14 and 15 Feb
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: cramping (normally only get it with my period, never before), crying at a budweiser commercial, tiredness
    Child Number: 2 (they'll be 25 months apart)
    What You're Most Excited For: a sibling for my son! breastfeeding again!
    What You're Most Scared About: miscarriage, work/family/money balance

18. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@lawt09: @beaker: Congrats and welcome to you both!

I added my info to the list and the new members...

DUE DATES
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/22: Beaker(?)
    UPCOMING APPTS
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    3/11 - Evansjaime

19. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@lawt09: @beaker: Congratulations!!

@KJfromNJ: So excited to hear how your appointment went this morning!! Hoping the best for you!

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@lawt09: @beaker: Welcome and congratulations on your new little ones!

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

This weekend I was on a mission to find a small chalkboard that I could use for my bump photos and in LO's room when he/she gets here. I didn't realize they would be so hard to find! Nobody in this city carries them, so I ended up making one. You see chalkboards everywhere, I guess I didn't think it would be so freakin' hard to find one.

22. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

No u/s today We still chose to tell immediate family today though, they have been so excited!

U/S scheduled for Monday the 25th at 7weeks.

And congrats/welcome, @beaker!

23. Mrs R.

pea / 13 posts

Hello, I'm new to this blog but have been catching up/stalking all of the September/October mamas to be on here!

Due Date: October 12
    Months It Took to Conceive: Off BC since July 2012 but not actively TTC
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: Not sure... tested 4 days after missed period
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: At that point, I only had mild period like cramping, some fatigue and lower back pain off/on. I'm now 6w3d and most of my symptoms have disappeared, however full on all day nausea has set in. No sickness yet tho, so crossing my fingers. I was actually praying for MS last week b/c of my lack of symptoms, so I should be happy
    Child Number: This is our first!
    What You're Most Excited For: short term- telling family; long term- becoming a complete family and bringing a new life into the world
    What You're Most Scared About: short term: miscarriage and having a healthy baby, long term: being a good parent.

My first appointment is next week at 7w3d, but I've already been told there won't be an ultrasound that early. Anyone have tips on what I can expect at this appointment? I've already been in and had a positive on my blood work.

Excited to have people to share tips/information with since I'm the first of my friends and my family/co-workers won't know for another 4-6 weeks!

24. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs R.: WELCOME!!! My symptoms are exactly the same as yours (I'm due two days after.) I had my first OB appt today and it was mostly just blood/urine testing and then going over tons of questions. They said no U/S today but I will get one at 7 weeks on Monday. Every doctor seems to do it differently- I had a friend who got a U/S at 6 weeks elsewhere. I saw a friend post her FOUR WEEK ultrasound on facebook!

We just told immediate family today it's the best! Congratulations, hope your appt goes well next week!

25. Mrs R.

pea / 13 posts

@KJfromNJ: thanks! And very exciting that we are all so close to the same time frame!

Let us know how the first u/s goes! I am beyond ready to have one! I work for the health system that my OB is part of, so Im hoping I can talk him into doing one sooner than later!

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs R.: oh trust me I will be let you all know. I have seen a bunch of 6 week u/s on here so I was hopeful... oh well! At least it's only a few days away. I am just super impatient!!! Hope you can talk them into earlier!

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

FYI girls- while TTC I found out through my Cigna Health Coach (something my company told us about that our insurance offers) that Cigna does on our plan a "Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Babies" program. If you enroll first tri, after baby is born you get $400! ($200 if in 2nd tri.) She mentioned it was across several companies.. if you have Cigna I would suggest asking about it!! But ask Cigna, not your company. I'm not sure my company even knows this exists.

28. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ladybee: what was your hCG result today?!

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: I will have to see if Aetna does something similar!

30. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Mrs R.: @beaker: @lawt09: Welcome! Yay October babes!

I had my first Dr. Appt today - no u/s either but I'm setting something up for 8 weeks It feels so much more real!

The only problems is my heart rate was through the roof. No wonder I've been feeling so short of breath and having so much trouble running (or even walking up stairs, lol). I hope something easy and non-dangerous comes back from the blood work :s Has anyone else had this??

But for now, she says I can continue to run only if I can keep the heart rate <140 bpm, which is impossible with how fast it is going just with walking. I'm super bummed because I always envisioned running throughout the pregnancy and staying really active.

@KJfromNJ: What did yours say re: heart rate? Congrats on telling family!

31. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

P.S. What Apps are you guys using?
    I downloaded iPregnant and it's pretty good - but is their anything else people are liking?

32. Mrs. Tiger

blogger / pomegranate / 3044 posts

Thanks everyone!

Just scheduled my first appt for 3/14, if it's the same as last time (I'm at the same practice) I'll have an ultrasound + all the bloodwork done then.. yay!

33. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Welcome everyone who just joined! My third HCG came back at 770. So they went 94, 301, 770! We couldn't be happier with those numbers. After our mc last year I find them very comforting. Scheduled our first u/s for March 14. Ill be 7w3d so hopefully we see a heart beat!!

34. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@ladybee: Great news! That's awesome!

35. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@fuzzypeaches: ugh! Sorry about the heart rate! I feel your pain - I've had spotting early on that is just now starting to clear up so haven't been allowed to run for the past 3 weeks. I'm hoping to get cleared to run at end of this month - I also always imagined I would run through pregnancy, and I've already had to back out of two races for Feb. hope your heart rate regulates soon!!

36. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

Btw- board jumping from sept. I spy on y'all's board all the time since my EDD is 9/30. So I may start commenting some.

37. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@fuzzypeaches: they didn't check the HR, just it was mostly a clerical appt. and I think you're supposed to keep YOUR HR under 140, not baby's. That's what I was told at my appt, I could keep jogging as long as I adjusted my intervals and kept my HR down to >140.

38. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@fuzzypeaches: oh and I like Sprout although you lose features after like 2 weeks and then have to pay like $3-4 to upgrade... I liked it though and will probably upgrade to the paid app.

39. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ladybee: YAY!!! That's awesome!

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@fuzzypeaches: @KJfromNJ: @runnerd: I too thought I would be able to run through pregnancy, but nope. I get winded walking across the parking lot. I'll be run-walking a 5k in a few weeks with my dad, and I think I'm going to walk the 10k I signed up for too. We can be the pregnant long-distance walkers club.

My midwife said to keep my HR under 150. I'm looking forward to hitting the road again soon. Barre just isn't the same as a nice run!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee