Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

So I'm 6wk1d today, and I've felt sick all day. To the point where I wish I would just throw up and get it over with. GAH! How do people go to work during the first trimester?! I'm hoping its because I took my prenatals this morning with breakfast instead of with lunch... but it sucks that hours later, I still feel yucky.

2. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@KJfromNJ: Oh, that's good to know! I am going to find out if BCBS has something like that. Every little bit helps!

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: I used to have BCBS, and I think they do have a program like that (at least, they did in 2010). Aetna has one, but I need to make sure it's offered with my plan.

4. lawt09

coffee bean / 27 posts

My first appointment is scheduled for 3/6 at 1pm. If it is anything like the last time, it will be a confirm I'm really pregnant, answer some questions, give some prenatal vitamin samples, and schedule an u/s for later type of appointment.

5. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: I'm sitting here in my pjs looking like a zombie when I should be showering thinking the same thing. I'm only 4w4d and I've been sick pretty consistently since implantation and I'm so tired. How do people do this, especially without caffine? I would like for two weeks off just to sleep!

6. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

Alright TMI alert...

I am so constipated. My doctor told me Miralax and Milk of Magnesia are safe....but it's been almost a week and neither of those is working. I've heard the prentals make this problem so much worse. I drink SO much water and have been trying to eat fiber as well. I also take a probiotic once a day and try to eat Activia...anyone have good suggestions?!

I think once I get moving again I'll try a stool softener too to try and prevent it. I know I'm one of the ladies farthest along on this board...but you just wait!!! I hear this is really common.

Also, round ligament pains have been killing me. Especially if I wake up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom. As I go to the bathroom it feels like someone is stabbing me in the right or left side...Again, apparently very common...but not fun ):

7. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

@KaitlynB: I took stool softeners a lot throughout my last pregnancy- I think it wasn't really a problem for me until a little later (like maybe late second trimester?) They didn't help a ton, but I do think they helped, and I used to keep supplies of stool softener and Tums all over the house

8. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@KaitlynB: Sorry to thread jack but a small cup of coffee can work wonders for constipation. A pregnant friend drinks 8 oz black daily (and has since the beginning) but I just do a decaf mocha every once in awhile. It helps! Also that round ligament pain is a killer! Mine went away at probably 8 weeks.

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KaitlynB: That round ligament pain is no joke! I experienced it yesterday when I coughed, and I almost fell out of my chair. As for the constipation, I've got nothing. Working out really helps me with that, but I haven't been able to work out hard since finding out. Maybe going for a walk would help?

10. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@KaitlynB: I'm having the same issue... you are not alone. I used to be an everyday evacuater (sorry tmi?) now its like 2-4 days.

@ladybee: I've been sleeping 8-10 hours a day during the week and more on the weekend. which is hard some days i'm out of the house working 13 hours which gives me like 2 hours to get dinner and do anything.

11. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@KaitlynB: my OB said if the prenatal bothered me I could just take folic acid, that that was most important in it. So maybe talk to your OB about making a change to see if the prenatal was to blame?

12. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Anyone have days where you just don't feel pregnant? My main symptom hasn't been around for the last day of two. After our mc last year I'm so nervous.

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ladybee: Yes. The other day I was so full of energy and didn't have any nausea, and I freaked out with worry. It definitely comes and goes for me.

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ladybee: my BFF (2 weeks ahead of me) and I were just talking about this!!!! It comes and goes for us too. Some days are better than others. I will have twingey feelings in my abdomen and then a few days of nothing, then more that are stronger, then nothing for a while... same with my feeling sick/run down/nauseus.

15. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@evansjamie @kjfromnj: that makes me feel better. I'm only 4w4d so I really shouldn't have m/s anyone but it makes me worry when it's gone. How silly that I prefer feeling like crap!

16. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

Welcome to all the new October Mamas! So excited to see this thread grow.

The last few days have been rough to say the least. I ended up at the Walk In clinic b/c I had severe morning sickness... They gave me an IV for fluids since I wasn't even able to keep water down and a prescription for Zofran. On the plus side... I got to hear the heartbeat for a few seconds, it was the best thing ever!! They used some kind of sonar machine thing so you could only hear it but it was the best sound in the world.

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Redmini1: Wow! I hope you're doing better with the Zofran! And how neat to hear the heartbeat!

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Redmini1: oh nooo! that sounds miserable. BUT fun to hear the heartbeat!

19. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

We had our ultrasound today! We are exactly as far along as I had guessed. The baby was so tiny - 4 mm! - but we could see its little heart fluttering away. I was kind of in shock, though, haha. I don't know why, but I kind of expected them to tell me, just kidding, you're not pregnant after all!

@ladybee: I have no clue. I have the post-lunch sleepies and I literally feel like someone drugged me and I am trying to stay awake. Horrible.

@Redmini1: That sounds terrible! Hope you're feeling better!

20. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: AWWW YAY!! I think you are 2 days behind or ahead of me? I forget and too lazy to go back and look. So that's exciting to hear! Mine is Monday. Didn't you have a cyst or something they wanted to look at? Was that all ok?

I am also not feeling 100% pregnant since I haven't seen the baby/ heartbeat... so I'm anxious to! THAT to me is more confirmation than a test!!!

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Question... anyone else's abdomen feel different? I have some padding for sure, but under the fat it feels a little harder/plumper/rounder? Maybe it's in my head but I swear it feels different.

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: mine does! It's definitely rounder pudge instead of just-there pudge. I can't suck it in.

23. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

@KJfromNJ: oh yeah. Mine def feels like that too. It happened way faster this time than it did when I was pregnant with my son. My husband was saying we should wait until 15-16 weeks to tell people, and I was like "there is no way hubs. Look at this" and showed him my belly. He was like... Um, ok!! Guess not!

24. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@AprilK: LOL! Too funny. Are you going to wait for 12 weeks? Or just go with the flow?

25. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

@KJfromNJ: I would say we'll prob wait until 12 wks as much as we can. After my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage I get freaked out by telling too early. But we should hear the heartbeat at 10 wks so I may feel a lot more comfortable after that. You??

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@AprilK: we are waiting for right around 12 weeks, mostly because that's the week before my sister's wedding and we want to be "out" then so we can enjoy ourselves and not worry about secrets with family and friends. (She ok'd it. Haha she goes "OMG you can announce AT the wedding if you want!" My birthday is the Tuesday before which is probably when we will put it on FB.)

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Anyone thinking of names already? We have ours picked out boy or girl we are both hoping for a girl. But FIL is POSTIVE it's a boy and keeps talking about his grandson. GAH IT NEEDS TO BE 13 ish WEEKS FROM NOW!

28. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@Redmini1: Sorry to hear that you've been feeling so sick. Hopefully the Zofran is starting to work.

We already told our immediate families, but we're waiting until twelve weeks to tell everyone else. I feel like it's getting harder and harder to keep it in though and I've felt the urge to start telling random people. Yesterday one of my students told me she was seven weeks pregnant and I wanted to say "Me too!". Holding it in is getting tough!

@KJfromNJ @AprilK: That will be so exciting to tell your families in the next few weeks.

29. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Updated to add my first appointment. I don't know how I'm going to make it that long with my fear of mcing but we will see. I think I might give myself one day a week to POAS to feel better.

DUE DATES
    10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat
    10/17: JenniMac
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/22: Beaker(?)
    10/28: ladybee
    UPCOMING APPTS
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    2/21 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (6w ultrasound)
    2/26: KaitlynB - ultrasound
    3/4 - Chillybear (8 week-ultrasound?)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/11-Jennimac (ultrasound)
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)
    3/12: KaitlynB - 12 week ultrasound
    3/14 - ladybee - 7 week ultrasound

30. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@runnerd: I saw your post on the Sept board. I'm starting to panic that my symptoms have gone away and that it's so early. I don't know how I'm going to make it 3 weeks to my first u/s. how are you coping?

31. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Add 2/25 ultrasound (7w) for me!! CANNOT WAIT!

32. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: We have had both of our names picked out for a long time, way before TTC.

@ladybee: Don't panic! I am sure that everything will be okay. I def. recommend POAS if it makes you feel better, I did for two weeks just to make sure since my midwife doesn't schedule appointments before 10 weeks. *hugs*

33. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@ladybee: I was freaking out last week too because I had 2 days where I wasn't nauseous at all...and then it hit me hard..I've felt worse the past 3 days that I have any other time up to this point. I see a lot of women worry when they have good days...enjoy them!

34. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@ladybee: oh I just go insane. I don't have good coping skills!! I had some early u/s due to spotting and its the only thing that's kept me from losing it my boobs are less sore this week so that's my new paranoia but from what I read fading in and out symptoms is normal.

35. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Just got a call from my OB office... picked up and I think my HR doubled... and it was just a reminder for my appt on Monday. PHEW. Hope my blood tests are back in time for the appt

36. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@KJfromNJ: haha! I got an automated reminder one night at 7pm and was having a panic attack, then realized duh they aren't even open!

37. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@kaitlynb @evansjamie @runnerd: this morning I was ready to call my RE office and ask for more blood work but I think I've talked myself out if it. Since I'm the newest to the group it's reassuring that everyone ahead of me experienced the same thing!

38. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

Names: We already have some picked out but when we find out the sex, I think I'll want to "go back to the drawing board" just to make sure we're sure.

Telling: We've told our parents & a couple close friends. I think we'll start telling a few more family members & close friends as it feels right, but no official announcement until at least 12 weeks, if not thereafter.

Anyone already thinking about childcare? I don't know how many of you plan to be SAHMs/WOHMs, but I am already kind of worried about "what we are going to do."

39. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@KJfromNJ: Thanks! I am 6w2d today. It really does make it feel REALLY real... for me, since this wasn't a planned pregnancy, it was a huge shock to see, "Yep, there's a baby inside you!"

Yes, I still have an enormous ovarian cyst, so we'll see what they want to do about it when I go for my 8w appointment.

40. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: I hope for favorable news about the cyst at 8w!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee