Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 Labor Watch/Delivery

1. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@thepicklemonster: Awwww, what a total cutie! Congrats!!! Many wishes for a smooth recovery!

2. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@thepicklemonster: Yay! He's adorable!

3. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@thepicklemonster: Glad you've had a great experience. He is too cute! Congrats!!

4. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Arrivals:
    Sept 26 - Q (TFrances)
    Sept 30 - C (Jaguar)
    Oct 1 - M ( Bernieboo)
    Oct 2 - (Mand4)
    Oct 3 - G (ThePickleMonster)

Due Dates:
    Sept 30 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 11- Alexandra603 (#2)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 12 - Paddington10 (#2) Scheduled C-Section 10/7
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 13 - Waiting4you (#1)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 16 - FaithFertility (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - Boston Terrier Mom (#2)
    Oct 19 - ArtsyFartsy (#2)
    Oct 21 - Whiskers (#3) Scheduled Induction 10/17
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 21 - Lurleen_Lumpkin (#1)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Maysprout (#3)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 28 - Lollipop_Sorbet (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

Always in our hearts :
    Dylan James - Winniebee's boy
    YouGotMe's baby girl

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Bernieboo: beautiful babe!!!!

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@thepicklemonster: sweet boy! Congratulations!

7. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@thepicklemonster: SO CUTE! Congrats!

8. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@thepicklemonster: Welcome to team blue! What a cutie. Congrats and hope recovery is going okay so far.

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@thepicklemonster: he is just the cutest! Congrats!

10. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@Bernieboo: @thepicklemonster: Congrats both of you!!

11. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@thepicklemonster: congratulations! He's beautiful!

We're recovering pretty well. I had a minor second degree tear and my cramps and bleeding has mostly stopped, so hoping to be off the pain meds by this weekend. We stayed an extra day in the hospital bc of concerns over M's bilirubin and my blood pressure, but both normalized by Monday morning so everyone is healthy. It's definitely an adjustment coming home, but we've had lots of help and support. Any second time moms have a small baby? We were definitely surprised by her size, as our 36 ultrasound said she was 6+ lbs. Is stressing out DH a lot, I think because she seems more fragile due to her size. Hoping she grows fast!

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

A freshie pic from Claire's birth. Can't believe that was 5 days ago! We just got home from hospital today.

13. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Bernieboo: Congrats! My 4 yo was 6 lbs 3 oz and born at 38 weeks but was perfectly healthy. My milk took 5 days to come in so we definitely dipped into the 5 lb range for a bit and also dealt with jaundice issues. We dressed him in preemie outfits for a couple weeks since he was so small. He grew fast, though, and caught up. I'm curious to see how big this baby girl will be since I'm measuring a little small again. Maybe I just make small babies.

14. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jaguar: eek, congratulations!! You did it, Mama!!

15. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Paddington10: Good luck tomorrow!!

16. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

Seems like a lot of our October babies have arrived via planned inductions and cs and/or just arriving super easy so we aren't getting too much action here.

Just bumping this to see if any ladies feel like spontaneous labor is around the corner and what that feels like for you. As a FTM, I love details!

17. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Arrivals:
    Sept 26 - Q (TFrances)
    Sept 30 - C (Jaguar)
    Oct 1 - M ( Bernieboo)
    Oct 2 - (Mand4)
    Oct 6 - (Alexandra603)

Due Dates:
    Sept 30 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - ArtsyFartsy (#2)
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Maysprout (#3)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

Always in our hearts :
    YouGotMe's baby girl

18. mand4

olive / 62 posts

I wanted labor stories while I was waiting on you ladies, so here's a pretty detailed one for you! If this isn't where it gets posted, lmk!

I had mild contractions Saturday afternoon (10/1) that were about 15 minutes apart for 3 hours... then they disappeared. Right before bed I had a few more... that disappeared. Thought it was a false alarm because in the night on 9/28 I had been having contractions regularly that kept me up for 5 hours before disappearing. Saturday night I woke up at 10:30pm with an intense contraction. When I had the second one ten minutes later, I knew it was game time because they were much more painful than the previous ones I had been timing. After the second contraction I texted my friend to see if she was still up- she was doing laundry so I put her on standby to come and spend the night with big sis. Woke up husband and told him to start packing a bag. Contractions started coming more regularly (the big intense ones every 10 minutes, with smaller ones in between... if that's possible). I called the midwife and got the answering service- who actually told me that they couldn't reach the midwife. By that time I was in a lot of pain- told my friend to come over ASAP, told my husband to take me to the hospital right away. The hospital is around the corner from us and we arrived in the ER at 12am. That's when the midwife finally called back. She said, "we want you to call before you go to the hospital." BAH-HA-HA. Thankfully it was the midwife I love from the practice, so I didn't cuss her out, just told her I was having contractions every 2 minutes that were very painful and that I had just had some bloody show at home. She told me she was on her way.

An attendant wheeled me up to L&D and when I asked her for water she refused. They put me in an assessment room, where I again asked for water and was refused. The nurse came in and I told her- I am going to get up and get myself water unless someone brings it to me. She seemed annoyed that I had been refused and finally got me a dang drink. Throughout all of this I was squealing/moaning through these ridiculous contractions and kept going into the bathroom to sit on the toilet because the pressure was intense. They finally got a good heartbeat reading and told me I was 9cm.... then I was moved to a recovery room because all the L&D rooms were full! When I was in the recovery room waiting on the bed for our midwife I kept having the crazy contractions and the doctor on call came in and said, "I heard you calling me!" Yup, my door was open as I screamed like I was in a movie, terrifying all the first time moms. The OB on call had great energy, so I felt fine with him there, but minutes later, my midwife showed up. She's the only one in the practice of about 6 that I felt comfortable with, so I almost cried with relief. She said that she was going to move part of the lip of the cervix out of the way and then I could start pushing.

I had about 3 rounds of pushing where the midwife told me to just have the baby already. I was saying that I wasn't ready (scared of tearing/hemorrhoids, so the extra time was theoretically giving me more time to stretch? idk...) The bag of waters was still intact, but before the last round of pushing she broke it, in hopes that it would help. The last round of pushing, my husband and the midwife were both so encouraging, so I gave it one additional push and baby was born at 1:18am! Mostly I wanted to avoid another round of contractions. The whole thing was quick- Praise God! Contractions started at 10:30pm and baby was here at 1:18am.

Baby girl started crying right away, was a perfect 8lb 2 oz (smaller than big sis even though she was a week older at birth). The midwife and nurse were trying to keep an eye on my bleeding because I hemorrhaged after my first delivery. After the giant placenta came, there was quite a bit of blood, so the midwife gave me a shot of pitocin in the thigh and started to get some other drugs prepared, but the bleeding got under control quickly. I cuddled bambino for a bit and then the RN helped me to the bathroom. I got dizzy and started to pass out after I stood up, but she and I had good communication and she got me the chair and some juice in time.

That's it! L&D was full, so I delivered in a small recovery room, which was perfect for us because the whole thing was so quick and then we got to move to a clean room. All the tiny details worked out- from my fav midwife being on call, to being brought apple juice(!) during labor and a turkey sandwich after (!). These contractions were, by far, more intensely painful than my first birth. And I wanted to be alone during them. Hubs understood how I felt, so he gave me my space.

19. mand4

olive / 62 posts

@jaguar: I loved the pics of you and your little! I'm also a light haired mama with chunky black haired baby girls, so those pictures looked familiar! My girls are little clones of their papa

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

We welcomed Aster Caroline at 10:26 am this morning after 22 hours of labor. 7 lbs. 3.2 oz. and 20 inches long.

21. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@avivoca: hooray! Happy Baby to you! Adorable! So happy for you to finally have her show up.

22. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Arrivals:
    Sept 26 - Q (TFrances)
    Sept 30 - C (Jaguar)
    Oct 1 - M ( Bernieboo)
    Oct 2 - (Mand4)
    Oct 6 - (Alexandra603)
    Oct 11 - A (Avivoca)

Due Dates:
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1) Scheduled Induction 10/17
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2) Scheduled Induction 10/24
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - ArtsyFartsy (#2) Scheduled C-Section 10/12
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Maysprout (#3)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

Always in our hearts :
    YouGotMe's baby girl

23. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: Congrats again!!! So happy you are on the other side.

@mand4: Sounds like you had a great birth!

24. mand4

olive / 62 posts

@avivoca: woo hoo!!! Congrats mama! What a labor! Hope you get some real rest.

25. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Paddington10: Hope everything went well for you and you are just busy snuggling that baby boy.

@KrzyRiver: @BunBun: Checking in on you two as well.

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@mand4: What a birth! The contractions this time around were WAY stronger than I remember with G.

Little C looks exactly like her daddy too. xx

27. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

My water broke early this morning! It's baby day!!

28. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Kitkat: Yay!!!!!

29. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Kitkat: So exciting!!!

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mand4: Ohhh my goodness, what a quick delivery!!!
    That makes me think being a second timetime Mom and GBS+ I need to get those antibiotics in me! Maybe I need to go in with first contractions!

Congratulations!!!!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Kitkat: Wahooooo!!!!!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@avivoca: So beautiful!

33. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Kitkat: Yay for baby day! Hoping everything goes really smoothly!

34. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Kitkat: YAY!

35. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@mand4: Loved reading your birth story, thanks for posting! What a quick delivery! Can't believe the issues getting a drink of water, of all things.

36. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

Thanks all! 8cm and enjoying my epidural

37. mand4

olive / 62 posts

@Kitkat: woo hoo!!! Almost time to meet that baby

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Kitkat: So exciting!

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Kitkat: you are so close!

40. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@Kitkat: congrats! Best wishes!
    @avivoca: beautiful baby😄
    @mand4: loved reading your story! With my 2nd we called the hospital in the middle of the night to say we were coming in but just got some remote triage service. I tried talking to the nurse for a bit but after 10 min I gave the phone to DH and was like I can't - she just st kept putting me on hold, then repeating the same q, then saying I probably wasn't in labor. He tried talking to her for a few more minutes and then was like we are in the car, you can tell them we're coming or not but I'm going to drive now. I have no idea if she was inexperienced or on a power trip or what but it took a lot not to flip out

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee