Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 - labor watch and announcements!

1. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@sweetiepie: good luck tonight and tomorrow! Excited for you to have your turn

2. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Pancakes: thank you! I'm all hooked up and now we wait

3. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@SweetiePie: good luck!!

4. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@SweetiePie: GOOD LUCK!

5. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@SweetiePie: exciting! Good luck!!!

6. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: @gingerbebe: @tequiero21: Thanks ladies! Nothing much going on. Started contracting almost immediately with Cytotec which seemed promising, but haven't dilated at all. The plan was Cytotec then Foley then pitocin but they can't even get a foley in so they are going straight to the pitocin. Told me it might not be till tomorrow that we meet this guy based on my cervix right now.
    So still just waiting.

7. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@gingerbebe: beautiful baby! Congrats!

@SweetiePie: good luck honey! Thinking of you and hoping that you have a wonderful birth experience.

8. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@SweetiePie: so u decided to try vaginal first? I know u weren't sure at one point.

9. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

@SweetiePie: good luck - hope everything is going well and progressing!

10. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@sweetiepie: I hope you're snuggling your baby boy already!!!

11. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@SweetiePie: Hope you're doing well!

12. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@MrsMccarthy: @tequiero21: @MrsLonghorn: @Pancakes: @Boogs: thank you for checking in!
    It has been a looooong few days. I'll have to write a full birth story because it's just nuts. To me at least. We've been here since Sunday and finally at 8:02pm tonight (tues 9/9) our boy was delivered via c section. He just wasn't coming out the other way!
    I actually developed a fever and suspected uterine infection since my water was broken for over 24 hours RIGHT when I was fully dilated. So our son is in the NICU for 24 hours. Hard not holding him yet...heck I haven't even seen him since he was born. I got to kiss him on the cheek though and it was magical. They think maybe tomorrow they can wheel me up to see him.

Thanks again and best of luck to the remaining September Mamas!

13. Boogs

@SweetiePie: Oh man I was nearly in your situation and it's so hard not seeing them. Glad you're both healthy and wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of fun snuggling him tomorrow!

14. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@SweetiePie: congrats! Can't believe how quickly time flew by! I remember u were just doing ivf and now, u have him in your arms! Must have been so tiring! Staying in labor so long and then having to do csec. That's what happened with my first pregnancy. So even tho I went into labor on my csec date again this time, we stayed w the csec. Hope u get to see him soon!

15. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@SweetiePie: glad to hear he is here! But sorry you had such a crazy story. Hope you're all resting up well!!

16. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@SweetiePie: oh I hope you get to hold and snuggle your boy soon! Congratulations on a healthy birth.

17. Boogs

20 hour labor, drugs didn't work, but after 1 hour of pushing baby arrived healthy on Friday! Glad the vbac worked out, it's not a walk in that park, but recovery has been way better so far this time around.

18. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

Congratulations, I'm glad the vbac was a success!

19. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Boogs: congratulations on a successful vbac and a healthy birth! 20 hours is no joke!

20. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Boogs: Congrats!!!

21. Boogs

@butterflyprism: @Pancakes: Thanks!

@MrsMccarthy: Thanks! Yeah, no kidding. Huge kudos to those who do it more than once, that's for sure.

22. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Boogs: congrats!!!

23. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

@Boogs: congrats!!

24. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

@Boogs and @sweetiepie: yay! Congrats to you both!!

25. mamalolo

pea / 15 posts

I would like to introduce Aria Kim born 9/10 @5:24am (we have the same birthday!)
    I was in labor for 13 hours and pushed for 3.5 hrs. Thank God for the epidural, which got me through the whole process! I had a great team, which includes papa, to bring in my little girl into this world.

26. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mamalolo: congratulations on your beautiful girl!

27. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

Baby girl C was born 9/15 , 20 inches and either 8 lb 1 oz or 7 lb 13.6 oz depending on which nurse you ask Not yet 24 hrs old and already a champion pooper and spitter-upper.

28. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

@mamalolo and @pancakes: congratulations to you both!

29. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@mamalolo: @Pancakes: yay, congrats!!!!

30. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@mamalolo: aw she is so lovely! Congratulations

31. Boogs

@mamalolo: @Pancakes: Congrats you two!

32. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

It's a boy!

Baby E was born right on his due date, 9/22, after four days of prodromal labor and 28 hours active labor (so glad that is over!)
    8lb 2 oz, 20" long. And 100% precious.

He surprised his mom and dad with his gender and is killing me with his sweetness..

33. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@LatteLove: people keep saying babies are so precious for a reason, they are!! Congrats, mama!

34. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Boogs: @mamalolo: @Pancakes: I'm a bit behind (as I am with everything these days) but CONGRATS!!! Hope you're all recovering well and have happy healthy babies

@LatteLove: Happy Birthday, Baby E! xoxo

35. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

@LatteLove: congrats momma! He is adorable!!

36. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@lattelove: congratulations! He is adorable

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LatteLove: he is stunning! Congratulations and enjoy your sweet little son.

38. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

Charlotte Helen, born 9/23/14 at 7:52pm, 6 lbs 13.8 ounces and 19.5 inches

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@butterflyprism: what a doll she is! Congratulations!!!

40. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

A bit belated, but Michael was born on Wednesday, September 24 at 8:40pm. 7 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches of pure joy.

We had 23 hours of labor -- the first 17 1/2 were un-medicated with the assistance of my husband and doula. Then, my body started involuntarily pushing with every contraction because he was already +2 station, even though I was only 5 cm dilated. I couldn't stop "pushing" no matter what we tried, so I got pitocin to hopefully speed up my contractions and dilate faster, but it didn't work. At that point, I got an epidural to save my cervix from tearing. (And I must admit, after 17 1/2 hours, an epidural was GLORIOUS!)

Absolutely no regrets about the change in "plan" -- priority number 1 was always mommy and baby safety, and I'm very happy that we were successful in that regard.

ETA: We're Jewish, and the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) started at sundown Wednesday night, just an hour before he was born. I can't imagine a better way to start a new year than with a new baby. (It was also a great excuse to get out of going to services )

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee