Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@butterflyprism: Sorry about that! Added you

September Arrivals!
    8/4 psw27: (EDD 9/11)

September mamas
    8/29 tequiero21 (#3)
    9/2 mrs. jump rope (#2)
    9/3 brownbear (#1)
    9/4 knittylady (#2)
    9/5 mrs.hawk71 (#1)
    9/9 georgiegirl83 (#1)
    9/11 coprtopmom (#2)
    9/12 lindy (#1)
    9/13 gingerbebe (#1)
    9/14 pancakes (#2)
    9/17 farawayviolet (#1)
    9/17 littlebit (#1)
    9/19 Weagle (#2)
    9/20 boogs (#2)
    9/22 lattelove (#1)
    9/23 butterflyprism (#1)
    9/24 London Mama (#2)
    9/26 sweetiepie (#1) :
    9/26 LHBlitzer (#1)

2. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@gingerbebe: So many boys! I'm starting to feel panicked and think I should have my hospital bag ready, just in case.

3. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@LHBlitzer: Welcome!! If you'd (or anyone else) like to join the facebook group PM me your email address and I can add you!

4. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

@Littlebit: posted on your wall because I couldn't figure out how to PM you. Ahhh, the downside of having lurked for too long - I don't actually know how to do anything!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful welcome.

Husband came home last night with a small chest freezer for the garage so that my pumped milk doesn't fill up valuable space our tiny freezer. Yay for CraigsList! I never thought I would be so excited about an extra freezer, but right now this trumps surprise flowers, chocolate, or jewelry! (Though a really good brownie just might be a close second....)

5. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@LHBlitzer: Gah, wall is correct, we don't have PM's. Sorry for the confusion. Just sent you an email invite

6. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

OMG work is so annoying today. Of course it always happens on a Friday. UGH. I cannot wait for my leave to start.

7. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@gingerbebe: August is flying right on by....I finished my summer classes on the 1st and my fall semester starts on the 25th. SO. NOT. READY. Anyway, your leave will be here before you know it!

I have an u/s on the 18th to check on my previa and I am anxious to see baby again!

8. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Pancakes: So many fingers and puffy toes crossed for your previa lady!

I think little man is starting to drop because I woke up with lots of BH contractions this morning and I've been cramping off and on all day. I walked to the corner store and had to stop because I got SERIOUS sciatic zings down my left side that were so painful it took my breath away!

9. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Littlebit: I walled you my email as well

@gingerbebe: dude, I think LO dropped as well and it has brough waddling to a whole new level. Also peeing every.two.minutes.

10. ninjaduck

coffee bean / 30 posts

I'll come out of lurking. I'm due 9/8 with my first and we are and starting to get impatient with finding out boy or girl! We are excited, but dragging our feet on final preparations for the baby. I have stuff gathered for the hospital bag, but not packed yet. Nursery isn't quite done and I am thinking we should install car seat bases this weekend (i'll be 36 weeks Monday). I still have to wash all the baby clothes and prep my diapers (although, we are using disposable at first while we adjust to having a baby!)

@Littlebit: If I wall you my email address, is it forever on the internet?

11. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Has everyone packed a bag? I haven't yet! Oops. Anyone have any super awesome tips? For those who are expecting #2 are you bringing books and toys for when they visit? I thought I might....@ninjaduck: an welcome welcome!

12. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@knittylady: we've started packing! I have a list of things to pack for myself, and have baby's things washed, folded and ready to be packed.

Our oldest won't be at the hospital all day, but yes, we plan to have things available to keep her busy!

13. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@ninjaduck: Welcome!! I can gold wall post on yours with my name, if you search for me and friend request me I'll add you! Or you can post your email on my wall and delete it once you've been added? It's up to you!

14. Boogs

@gingerbebe: I've been having a ton of similar pains and others keep saying I look like I've dropped some.

@knittylady: The worst is pressure like needing to pee and a small trickle comes out lol. No bag packed, but starting to feel like I need to get on it! I'm bringing a sibling gift and I figure LO1 will bring his backpack with goodies of his choosing.

@ninjaduck: Welcome!

15. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@knittylady: I haven't yet. Call it 2nd time mom laziness. But I'm also only 34 weeks. I'll wait a couple of weeks before packing. I'm not planning on bringing any entertainment for LO for when she visits. I don't think she'll be there long enough, there will be people to entertain her, and I don't want anything extra to pack. My packing list this time is already drastically shorter than before!

16. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

I haven't packed yet - still have 7 weeks to go. But if anyone who has done this before has recommendations or "must bring" items, please share!

Related - have any of you bought nursing bras yet? If so, how did you know what size to get? I expect/hope that I'll get bigger once my milk comes in...

17. ninjaduck

coffee bean / 30 posts

@Littlebit: how long do I have to delete my post? Sorry, I'm new to all of this!

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

@LHBlitzer: I bought a nursing/sleeping bra. I think I just grabbed medela one at babies r us, its like a sports bra, but the front is more triangle like and easy to pull down. Its really comfortable. They ran like small/medium/large with a range of bra sizes they fit. I made sure I fit into the size I got with room to grow (I heard the at least at first you boobs grow and shrink with the amount of milk in them...so bras that are soft and stretch are important).

18. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@LHBlitzer: I would stick to a couple of stretchier/cheaper bras at first. My boobs fluctuated so much those first few months, but the first few weeks were insane. Plus, I didn't want to wear anything but soft bras with super easy access. Also, turns out even half an hour in underwire gives me clogged ducts, so pretty nursing bras are out for me.

19. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

With LO1 I didn't bring nursing anything. Because I'm insane. This time I will bring target sleep bras and maternity tanks that I can just pull down to nurse in.

20. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

35 weeks today! Crazy!

Cleaned out our Jeep today (our official mommy car) and installed the carseat base. God, I love our Mesa seat - it literally took 5 seconds to install! We need to get a minor repair and an oil change done, but we should be ready to go after that.

I've started packing my hospital bag. I actually still have an extra toiletry kit my hospital gave me when I was in ICU for my brain surgery 2 years ago, so I just packed that, a hairbrush, deodorant, overnight pads with wings, and contacts/glasses stuff. I'm taking a pair of rubber bottomed fuzzy socks, nursing pajamas, a robe, and a small makeup bag. I bought a 10 ft. long charger cord for my iPhone and at some point I have to pack the digital camera and charger too. When we get closer I'll pack flip flops, maternity yoga pants, a nursing tank, thin cardigan. For baby I have an A&A blanket, a sleeper with built-in mits, and a hat.

I bought a cheap 2 pack of nursing bras and a 2-pack of nursing tanks from Walmart.com. The bras were like $14 for the 2-pack, so super cheap. They are made of cotton and they fit me as of now. The tanks were 2 for $25 and they are just fine too - they have a little bit higher of a neckline, which I like, and slightly looser in the tummy area for post-partum pooch.

Also, my duster robes came from Kohl's and they are AMAZING. Zip up and terry = super easy for breastfeeding and absorbent for leaking and baby burps. I'm already living in mine, not gonna lie.

My contractions/cramping have calmed down today but my FEET HURT SO BAD. Holy swelling. I am hobbling around, its so annoying.

21. Mrs. Jump Rope

I majorly overpacked last time. It was a huge PITA to take everything back home! I had a change of clothes for each day in the hospital. I bled through my pants the first day and stayed in a hospital gown from that point on. I didn't want us having extra laundry to do back home!

This time, I'm packing light:
    - nursing tank & nursing bra
    - going home clothes for me
    - yoga pants
    - flip flops to walk halls & shower (I'll wear these there and home as well)
    - toiletries
    - laptop and charger
    - iPhone and charger
    - camera & extra battery pack
    - going home outfit for baby
    - a&a blanket

Our hospital provides mesh undies, pads, diapers and wipes.
    We also found it easiest to keep baby in the outfit the hospital provides rather than change her into 'regular' clothes.

Specifically for baby, I'll be packing burp cloths, an a&a blanket, and nail files. Chloe was born with super long nails that needed filed the day she was born.

22. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

I had the worst joint pain yesterday - like teenage growing pains. My hands, elbows, shoulders - every joint was achy. Tylenol didn't help so I took an Epsom salt and baking soda bath. That did the trick. Anyone else having joint pain?

Still contracting and cramping and feeling lower back pain at night but not as badly as a the other day. My tummy looks a little smaller so I'm thinking he is dropping.

Been having the craziest craving for milk all week. I'm on my second half gallon! I want it with my meals and am knocking back 1-2 glasses per sitting. I guess little man needs calcium.

23. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@gingerbebe: Sorry...no joint pain here, but my ears have been weird (some intermittent tinnitus) and I can't tell if it's pregnancy-related or not.

We had a nice weekend here...Got caught up on some housecleaning yesterday (so gratifying to open the fridge door and seeing it so cleaned and organized!) and then today we took L to the sibling class at our hospital. She is SO excited. Then this afternoon my two closest girlfriends threw me a little sprinkle which was fun. L got almost as many gifts as baby...and I finally got to try Georgetown Cupcakes! Now I've got some organizing to do in baby's room, as well as some thank you notes to write. It's crazy to think that she could be here soon!

24. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

I'm not really having any joint pain either -other than regular pregnancy stuff. My sinuses/allergies have attacked me, however. I'm pretty miserable. It happened around this time when pregnant with LO too.

25. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Weagle: @Pancakes: I totally forgot to mention that too - the stuffy nose is back and it's driving me crazy - I cannot breath! The neti pot helps a little but every evening it's just so stuffy. DH says I sound awful!

Feeling super hot today. Baby is back up in my ribs and driving me nuts. Drank half a gallon of milk in 2 days. Did 5 loads of laundry and want to start packing DH's hospital bag. Nesting weirdo.

26. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

8.49am and I've already got massive stain on the front of my bump where I spilled some of my breakfast, hello Monday morning.

I'm really feeling the pregnancy by now, my fingers are swollen, my lady bits are no longer recognizable, my ribs hurt when baby pushes up, I cry for everything (poor DH is now almost scared to open his mouth). Really looking forward to not being pregnant anymore.

On the bright side, I only have two weeks left at work and I'll be working from home two of those days. I managed to bring some order to the spare bedroom chaos at the weekend and have localized all the newborn and 0-3 months baby clothes.

DH and I left DS with his grandparents overnight for the first time on Saturday, of course I had a really bad night's sleep but it made me feel much more at ease for the birth and having to leave DS while I go in to hospital.

27. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

This might be a bit random but is anyone else's DH on a health kick? My DH is working out really hard and has changed his diet to paleo, the result is he's lost about 12 pounds and looks fantastic. Meanwhile I resemble a whale more and more for every day, and it makes me feel really guilty when I need a late night snack after dinner or when I reach for the ice cream....

28. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Hi mamas! Just tried to flip through and see how you're all doing! I hope you are fairly comfortable and take it from me, pack those hospital bags! That was a crazy scramble for us, and DH ended up going home to pack while I was in labor. Hang in there ladies!!

29. Boogs

@Weagle: I'd love to see your packing list!

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Super helpful list, thank you!

@London Mama: My hasn't been on a healthy kick, but he has been in daddy nesting mode lol.

My nausea is still back, and it sucks. My body hurts, it hurts so much to walk because of pressure and because my belly feels so heavy. I've had a ton of back pain and I'm pretty sure been getting BH. My sleep is also horrible, just today I've been up since around 5:30am and feel asleep the night before around 1am. So tired, but can't sleep. keep telling myself, only 1 more month of this. Though, not gonna lie, dreading the first few months because this time I actually know what to expect and what is ahead of me.

30. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Boogs: I took half a Unisom last night. I only had to get up to pee twice, praise be!

@psw27: Hope your baby is doing well and headed home soon!! I packed our bags! Mine was mostly packed already but I decided to pack DH's bag too. He just needed some PJs and a few toiletries, but I thought I would do it for him now and then we can just grab our bags and go (or maybe I'll put them in the car with our pillows as we get closer). My boss and his wife had a baby recently and she was admitted when she went in for a routine appointment! They never had a chance to pack and they ended up being there for days. My boss ended up just sleeping at home and driving back and forth, but DH and I both agreed he wouldn't leave me unless absolutely necessary since we live a solid 45 minutes from the hospital, so I'm all about pre-packing.

For some reason I was obsessed with the carseat base being installed wrong and I couldn't sleep all Saturday night about it so I went out in the sweltering heat yesterday to re-do it. It was fine the first time, but I did manage to get the LATCH restraints in tighter and level the seat base a bit more. Paranoid mama here because our LATCH area is behind the passenger seat and not in the middle, so I want to make sure the installation is perfect.

Baby is back up under my ribs on the right side and OH MY is it painful/uncomfortable. Its so hard to sit at my desk!

31. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@London Mama: DH is on a root beer float kick.

32. Boogs

@gingerbebe: Maybe I need to do that, too many days of no sleep and it's making nausea worse.

33. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@Boogs: Sure! Last time I included snacks, entertainment (crossword puzzles, etc), multiple outfits for me and LO, a pillow, my own towels... way too much.

-Toiletries
    -One outfit (probably my going home outfit, as I preferred staying in the hospital gown last time)
    -Flip flops
    -Boppy
    -Baby's coming home outfit + blanket (She'll probably stay in the hospital t-shirt and blanket until we leave)
    -Carseat
    -Electronics + chargers
    -Camera

34. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Boogs: Yeah my nausea came back so if I can skip Zofran and take half a tab of Unisom to deal, then great. Half a tab puts me to sleep but doesn't make me super groggy in the morning.

35. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

Such helpful lists - thanks ladies!

DH is sort of on a health kick -- lots more exercise than usual in an attempt to lose some weight before baby arrives. He does great during the week (he travels for work) but falls off the wagon on the weekends when he is home with me. That said, I've been keeping him super busy - we finally finished up the nursery this weekend. Just need to spend a few hours on the closet to add a 2nd hanging bar and some shelves, and we're all done!

Fortunately I've been able to avoid joint pain and nausea, but sleep is starting to elude me again. I can generally make it through the night with only 1 pee break (yay!). The downside is that if it happens anytime after ~4:30am, I'm totally screwed and can't fall back asleep. It is annoying enough that I've started to consider setting an alarm for 3am just so that I can get up, pee, and hopefully get a few more hours of sleep... :yawn:

36. Mrs. Jump Rope

I'm alternating back and forth between total excitement and major fear. I'm not sure if I'll make it to my csection date, but if I do I'm scared of surgery while awake. And if I don't, I'm scared of labor pains and a failed epidural. My husband is most afraid of a home birth. I'm very stubborn and he's worried I'll give birth on the couch.

She seems to have dropped a little. My husband noticed it this weekend and I saw my mom today, who thinks I'm much lower than I was late last week. I guess that would explain the crazy amount of pressure I've been feeling!

It's baffling that in three and a half weeks, I will have a newborn for sure. Having a known end date helps get me through the pain and discomfort.

37. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Weagle: Ooo, yes the boppy!! Last time we had to send BIL to our apt to get it for us per the LC's orders! It made things soooo much better!

38. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Weagle: Ooh, I have a My Breast Friend sitting in the crib and I meant to take it with me to the hospital but forgot to place it near my hospital bag - good reminder!

39. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: You and @Tequiero21 are sooo close. I have 3 weeks of WORK left, I can't even imagine. I'm starting to have fears he's going to be really big. I don't have any reason to think that - I haven't had an ultrasound or anything since 29 weeks, so I have no idea how big he is - but I just keep thinking he's going to be a beast! Which then makes me scared about labor. Or that I'll go super overdue. Basically I'm scared of everything.

40. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@gingerbebe: I took the My Breast Friend last time, but found it uncomfortable. I liked it once we got home, and I really like it for the first few months, but the strap around the back was uncomfortable in the hospital bed. Hopefully, the Boppy will be better for me this time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee