Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 Moms!

1. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

EDD: 10/1/18

First child? Yes!

Any symptoms? Not much right now, to be honest. I had a little bit of mild cramping today, and this is the third day of a head cold, but otherwise nothing.

Who have you told? No one! Waiting for DH to get home, and will tell him tonight. I got him a card and a cute dad mug to surprise him.

I plan on telling immediate family after the first ultrasound appointment, and everyone else at 12 weeks. DH is not good with keeping secrets, so hoping we can stick to this 😂

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Finances. Otherwise, this just doesn’t feel real yet, and I feel paranoid about all of the things that could go wrong.

2. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    8/23-- lilyofthewest
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/12--JLC53
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/26-- bluemasonjar
    10/1--greencraftycello

3. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@greencraftycello: Congratulations!!!

4. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

Congratulations from a Sept 2017 mama! It's such a great time of year to have a baby

5. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@crazydoglady: How did the ultrasound go? I have my first appointment on 2/15!

My DS is also 2.5 and I think we will wait to tell him until we have officially announced because although I don't think he will fully understand the concept yet he does tend to repeat things so he might spill the beans.

@greencraftycello: Welcome and congratulations!!!! Love your plans for telling DH, it is so exciting. I gave my DH a onesie for LO #1 and this time was much less creative as I took the test while he was home and he sneaked a peak at the results. But I already have a "Everyone loves a big brother" shirt for DS to wear when we are ready to announce to our family.

6. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: It went ok! Good heartbeat but measured 4-5 days behind. I'm pretty darn sure of my dates, but I've been reading that there is a pretty big margin for error with ultrasounds.

7. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@crazydoglady: Thanks!!!
    @Bluemasonjar: Thank you, etsy for the win! DH was surprised, and very happy! It just doesn’t feel real yet. Your family announcement sounds cute, I’m sure it must be hard waiting to tell your son. These next few weeks feel like they are going to drag by.

8. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Well, fuck. Looks like 4th time is not the charm. Started spotting a little bit on Thursday night but figured it was because I have been ridiculously constipated. It picked up throughout the day yesterday and now I'm cramping really badly and bleeding and passing clots. Have an appointment scheduled Monday, hate that I need to wait another 48 hours of trying to feel hopeful when I wish I could just get confirmation that it's another loss.

9. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@lilyofthewest: Crap. I can't even believe it. I'm so sorry and hope the next two days go by very quickly.

10. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@lilyofthewest: I'm sorry to hear this. You're in my thoughts especially today.

11. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@lilyofthewest: So very sorry

12. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@lilyofthewest: No words. So sorry for your loss.

13. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@lilyofthewest: Been thinking about you. I hope your appointment gives you all the information you need.

14. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@crazydoglady: @coopsmama: @greencraftycello: @MrsBucky: thanks all. Got confirmation development stopped about 2 weeks ago. In good and bad news, I haven't passed everything. I have a d&c scheduled to complete things and so they can run genetic testing on the embryo.

15. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@lilyofthewest: I'm so sorry. I hope your D&C is scheduled for very soon. I also hope you get some answers with your genetic testing. My heart goes out to you.

16. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@lilyofthewest: I'm sorry that you have the D&C hanging over your head. Thinking of you.

17. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@lilyofthewest: oh I’m so sorry. So sorry you have to do this again. Sending you so many hugs

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

EDD: 9/24/18

First child? 2nd. DS will be 5 in March.

Any symptoms? Super tired.

Who have you told? Just DH. We are going to wait a while after a loss last spring and we had to untell too many. I'll probably tell my mom soon though.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Scared about parenting 2 kids but excited to add to our family and for DS to be a big brother. He desperately wants a baby sister.

Kind of funny timing because I spent the last few months donating/selling all our baby stuff. I have our crib and change table left!

@lilyofthewest: big hugs.

19. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@ALV91711: Congratulations!!

20. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@ALV91711: Welcome aboard! I keep being on the fence about telling people. Is it weird I don't worry about having to untell people? I keep thinking that I'm going to want to talk about a loss anyway, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm mostly waiting right now because this pregnancy is going to feel like a landmine for so many people in our life. My BIL and SIL having being trying a long time. I have two close friends who had very late losses and are struggling right now. I just don't want to hurt them anymore, so that's the only reason I'm waiting right now.

21. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

My co-worker and his wife have been trying for a while now and I know she suffered a mc last year so I was feeling a little anxious about announcing at work (waiting until 12 weeks to do that) but during a team outing on Monday he blurted out that they are expecting.

However, he shared the news very early as she is also due in September and they haven't even told family yet. Meanwhile I was pretending to sip on my white wine and remain inconspicuous. I feel so conflicted talking to him about babies and pregnancy the last few days since his announcement but I am just not ready to share my news.

Plus that means my back up will be out on parental leave in the weeks leading up to my maternity leave so my boss will likely not be excited about that.

22. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/12--JLC53
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711
    9/26-- bluemasonjar
    10/1--greencraftycello

23. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: Congratulations! I'm sorry for your previous loss and hope that you have an eventful nine months! When I was pregnant with my son, I didn't tell people (other than close friends) until around 15 weeks. I was just so guarded after 2 losses. I will likely do the same this time around if we get to that.

24. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Man, that is hard but I would do the same. I am nowhere near telling people. With my losses, I didn't feel like it was particularly helpful for people to know beforehand or after. I think you just have to do what feels right for you.

25. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

Anyone struggling with morning sickness? I'm a bit over 7 weeks and it's been pretty awful. My insurance doesn't cover diceglis, so I am doing unisom and b6. It takes the edge off, but still sucks. I feel bad because DS is watching so much TV. Oh, well. Hopefully this means baby is growing and doing what they need to do.

26. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Thanks for the welcome!

@MrsBucky: I don't have a problem with unfeeling and it is nice to have people who know that you can talk to. But last time DH did not until everyone he told. It was really awkward when about a month later his mom texted me with a pregnancy question. So I'm hoping he won't tell so many so soon this time.

@Bluemasonjar: Announcing at work is always awkward. It was really hard sitting in our team meeting today discussing goals for 2018. I'm hoping I can wait until April to tell work people.

@crazydoglady: Did you have morning sickness with DS? Hopefully it will pass soon.

27. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@lilyofthewest: I'm so so sorry. I've been thinking of you and will continue to do so. Sending hugs

28. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

We had our 8 week ultrasound today and saw a strong heartbeat with growth on track so I’m jumping in!

EDD: September 3, 2018

First child? Our second! DS is 3

Any symptoms? For me, nope ha! DW is carrying and she’s been tired, indigestion, having crazy dreams...with DS she was crazy sick so thankfully not as bad.

Who have you told? Our parents over Christmas, 2 of our close friends, and our brothers/sisters today.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Logistics of 2 kids! And DS was born suddenly at 35 weeks so hopeful we won’t have a preemie again...he was fine but it was scary. DS also starts school in September so having a new baby at the same time is a bit nuts. Trying not to stress yet ha

29. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@MrsBucky: I'm like you in that I'd probably share about a loss, so I don't worry about having to untell. I'm waiting to tell our families and everyday I wonder why I haven't said anything to my mom or my best friend. But I really want to do the big reveal surprise for my family at my mom's birthday in a few weeks since we didn't get that moment last time, so I guess that's keeping me from sharing. That and my twin brother and his wife just announced at Christmas that they're expecting their rainbow after a 2nd trimester loss last year, so I don't want to steal their thunder!
    @Bluemasonjar: What wonderful news about your coworker! Well, not great professional news, but great personal news!
    @crazydoglady: I've got the nausea, but so far it's under control. I'm a little over 6 weeks and I just anticipate it getting worse. Trying to listen to my body and eat what sounds good and avoid what I can't stomach! I'm really worried about hiding the sick feelings from my MIL- I bring DD to her house 4 days a week and she watches her while I work in the office upstairs (I can work from home). I always come downstairs for lunch to hang with DD and I don't know how I'll make it through if I'm having a rough day. She's pretty nosey...
    @ALV91711: I agree about work. I waited until 16 weeks last time, and might do the same this time as well. It definitely feels weird to be talking about future projects and being like "Well, I can't help with that one!" Also, my DH has been telling the most random people. I hope everything goes ok because I don't think he's even keeping track at this point and he wouldn't remember who to update.

30. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ALV91711: I did. It sucked then, too. It makes me nervous that it will probably only get worse. Fingers crossed it doesn't!

31. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@ruby26: Oh, yeah, that would be hard to hide! I can keep my composure for a few minutes when I need to. I'm a teacher and have been spending a lot of time sitting on the job. The moving around makes it so much worse! Hopefully you can hide it from your MIL until you are ready.

32. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/12--JLC53
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711
    9/26-- bluemasonjar
    10/1--greencraftycello

33. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@muffinsmuffins: Congrats! What province are you in? DS starts kinder in September so I feel ya on how it will be a crazy month.

@ruby26: Hopefully you can keep it from your MIL until your ready.

@crazydoglady: Hopefully it won't get so bad this time.

34. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@ALV91711: congratulations to you as well! We are in Ontario. What about you? We just attended some kindergarten info nights last week and it’s feeling crazy real now. Luckily, our families are ready to jump in to help depending on when this baby is born but it’s still going to be a bit insane for that month.

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@muffinsmuffins: I'm in Alberta.

DH is so cute, he's already thinking names! Now he just needs to come up with something I like!!

36. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@muffinsmuffins: That’s so exciting! It must be such a relief to hear the heartbeat and know everything is going the way it is supposed to. Still have to wait a few weeks for my 8 week appointment.

37. JLC53

cherry / 175 posts

Hi All... Sorry to see some go and congrats to the ones that just joined.

This is my second pregnancy and it is kicking my butt. I don't remember feeling this awful the first time around, but I also wasn't chasing an almost 2 year old either. I am depending on the IPAD way to much lately.

Ultrasound isn't scheduled until 2/7 and I am getting very anxious about it.

38. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@JLC53: I feel the same way. I feel nauseated all the time and am just not up to much, or eating. I feel bad asking my DH to pick up the slack. My son isn’t getting too much screen time but that’s mostly because of preschool. We are watching Daniel as I type this though.

39. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@greencraftycello: definitely a relief. It seems very real now! We did IVF just before Christmas so we got our positive test on December 23...felt like ages til our appointment. But with the holidays and back to work and DS being sick, time flew by. Distraction is the name of the game...hope time flies til your appointment!

40. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

Anyone else feel like their first appointment is excruciatingly far away? Mine is 2/12 and it’s killing me.... I’m so impatient! Obviously I know plenty can go wrong after seeing the heartbeat but somehow that will be reassuring. Plus I am suddenly paranoid it could be twins which is unlikely but terrifies me! Anybody want to commiserate with me?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee